Community Organizer Resume
Summary : Goal-driven Community Organizer professional with proven record of working effectively in high-pressured environments with strict time frames. Expertise includes accounting, customer service, taxation, and retail management. Knowledgeable of diverse accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger.
- Directed fundraising groups in setting annual income goals; met with the board of directors regularly to keep them informed on operational issues and collaborating to create strategic solutions to complex challenges.
- Oversaw program development managers, marketing groups, and volunteer ESL teachers of the community adult learning center.
- Established Somali Community Service for charitable purposes.
- Initiated communication and solved prolonged dispute between Somali Community and the code enforcement involving Mosque issue.
- Helped to organize Somali Community and assisted in obtaining a permit for prayer space.
- Served as liaison between Somali Community and federal lawyers.
- Assisted legal counsel in resolution of issues facing the community.
- Provided consultation in areas such as immigration, employment, and cultural integration.
BS In Accounting
Sr. Community Organizer Resume
Summary : Community Organizer with over 5 years experience. Expertise in teaching, prevention, conflict resolution, and life skills. Responsible for administering day to day operations of grant, including planning, budget tracking, reporting, quality management, and program evaluation.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Illustrator.
- Participated in Trauma In-Service consultations.
- Coordinated and lead after school youth leadership program for students grades 7-12.
- Collaborated with interdisciplinary volunteers, committees, and community organizations representing diverse faiths and social-economic backgrounds.
- Developed community plans for programs and initiatives.
- Served as chair of community connections committee which was responsible for creating and developing database of community resources.
- Provided grant and proposal writing for funding of organization.
- Supervised staff, volunteers, and interns in planning and developing program/project work plans, budgets, implementation and contingency plans.
Master Of Social Work
Community Organizer Resume
Objective : Experienced Community Organizer with over 14 years experience. Proven ability to turn around under-performing programs to create highly profitable programs through marketing, training and partner relationships.
Skills : Sound Judgment, Computer-savvy, Skilled Negotiator, Complex Problem Solving, Supervision And Training, Calm Under Pressure.
- Addressed questions and concerns from the general public.
- Gathered and analyzed data on community needs and interests.
- Solicited contributions and participation from local businesses to promote and improve community events and activities.
- Conducted needs' assessments and referred clients to financial, medical, social and community assistance and services.
- Maintained up-to-date and accurate program files and records.
- Collaborated with community leaders, organizations and public agencies to promote the organization's community service programs.
- Reviewed study findings and recommended options for project restructuring, funding alternatives and reducing costs.
- Responded to questions regarding city laws, ordinances and regulations.
BA In Sociology
Jr. Community Organizer Resume
Summary : Trained and instructed high school and college students on the facilitation of math literacy and social justice activities. Planned and assisted in over 100 meetings and events. Actively participated in successful fundraising campaigns.
Skills : Microsoft office, Planning Skills.
- Scheduled and coordinated transportation and supervision of youth in afterschool and summer programs.
- Designed and implemented educational and social justice workshops.
- Developed curriculum and training manuals.
- Assisted in the classroom with creating and implementing a curriculum that incorporated hands on activities.
- Designed and facilitated weekly experiential based after school workshops that related to student class work.
- Prepared GED students for math portion of the test Maintained and promoted exceptional public service and donor relations.
- Researched resource opportunities and created an in office library of funding prospects.
- Drafted and edited grant proposals and inquiries.
Community Organizer III Resume
Summary : Multi-faceted professional with 5+ years of experience in the non-profit sector. Offering a unique blend of skills related to urban planning, community development, fundraising, and project management.
Skills : Community Outreach, Urban Planning, Meeting Facilitation, Project Management.
- Organized community groups in the North End and Virginia Park neighborhoods of Detroit in order to improve neighborhood cohesion and reduce crime.
- Led community meetings and workshops focusing on neighborhood safety.
- Worked with a diverse array of local organizations and stakeholders.
- Facilitated the creation of six active community groups.
- Led residents, volunteers, and university work-study students in ten community development events in which ten vacant homes were boarded up and 15 vacant lots were cleared.
- Helped a newly-formed block club create a long-term plan to improve likelihood of long term success.
- Significantly reduced crime in target neighborhoods.
Community Organizer II Resume
Headline : Currently working within the Health Insurance field and seeking opportunity to expand within healthcare. Looking for a place where can utilize knowledge and skills to improve the healthcare system and provide quality healthcare services.
Skills : Autocad, Arcgis, Microsoft Office.
- Worked to increase public safety and build community in Detroit neighborhoods.
- Worked with community members to create ten new block clubs and tenant organizations.
- Facilitated block club and tenant organization meetings, planned board-ups of vacant buildings and community events.
- Completed detailed crime-analysis projects using CompStat: Multiple Offender Webs, HotSpot Profile Cards, and Date-Time Analyses.
- Oversaw the summer interview process (75+ candidates) and conducted in-person and telephone interviews.
- Trained 20 new organizers in CompStat analysis.
- Completed relevant academic literature reviews for the Center for Urban Studies.
Community Organizer I Resume
Headline : A highly enthusiastic and very talented worker with experience of working with people experiencing crisis or people who are socially excluded; providing support to enable service users to help themselves; and maintaining professional relationships with service users, acting as a guide, advocate or as a critical friend.
Skills : MS Office, Recruiting, Relationship Buildings, Strategic Planning, Scheduling, Team Building.
- Promoted organization services to targeted population.
- Identified community skills, assets, issues and needs.
- Developed new resources in dialogue with community and evaluated existing programs.
- Build, sustained links with other groups and agencies.
- Ensured socioeconomic people had their say with issues.
- Raised awareness on issues relevant to targeted neighborhoods.
- Organized and trained community residents on how to start and maintain block clubs, planning strategies and networking with other stakeholders.
- Mobilizing residents around community issues such as crime, and abandoned buildings.
Community Organizer Resume
Headline : To establish a long-term career in a company where I may utilize my Community Organizer professional skills and knowledge to be an effective Associate Program Manager and inspiration to those around me.
Skills : Community Outreach, Urban Planning, Meeting Facilitation, Project Management, Computer software suites: ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office.
- Developed relationships with sources in each assigned territory.
- Supported social workers, administrators and staff to improve the quality of cooperatives.
- Facilitated educational events and developed marketing items.
- Maximized productivity by maintaining multiple calendars, scheduling meetings, arranging travel, tracking expenses and prioritizing e-mail for directors.
- Organized conferences, department meetings and off-site events.
- Answered incoming phone lines to provide details on filing deadlines and application status.
- Recorded, organized, and communicated customer feedback to provide management with data.
Associate Community Organizer Resume
Summary : Monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of Association's core programs, and developing key organizational governing manuals including but not limited to the bylaws, policy and procedures manual, fundraising, financial policies and procedures document, and cost allocation methodology plans.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Monitoring Skills.
- Maintained complete financial records for all expenditures associated with coalition activities.
- Developed and managed an annual budget for the Coalition Springfield office.
- Recruited members and coalition volunteers for coalition activities.
- Worked with various organizations and state agencies to promote smoking cessation and those at-risk for tobacco use.
- Developed annual program goals and objectives for the Coalition's programs.
- Monitored and developed tracking reports on legislation relating to tobacco policy.
- Monitored and developed reports on tobacco ordinances enacted by municipalities.
Community Organizer/Supervisor Resume
Summary : Responsible for Relentlessly facilitating and encouraging relationships between volunteers and young people that elevate the power of young people, as the foundation for achieving exemplary outcomes.
Skills : Ms Word, Consulting Skills.
- Facilitated and nurtured relationships between University of South Carolina Upstate students and faculty.
- Organized two protests that were attended by over 50 participants each.
- Met separately with the Chancellor and the President of the USC system.
- Spoke with the Director of the Board of Trustees.
- Held fundraising campaigns garnering over $300.
- Consulted with several local and national news agencies.
- Drafted and submitted FOIA requests, a complaint to the Department of Justice, and news briefs.
- Used leverage to encourage University administration to form a non-partisan task force.