Corporate Counsel Resume
Objective : Extensive and diverse professional experience including in-house positions, firms and corporate of legal and business education including LLM, JD and an MBA Managed and worked on several hundred MBS and NIMS transactions.
Skills : Certified Mediator, Hard Working.
- Assisted the Tax and Legal Department with the preparation, determination of QDRO's, and drafted of SPD's.
- Maintained corporate filings state registrations and state withdrawals.
- Drafted various legal documents i.e., letters of intent, corporate minutes, board resolutions.
- Researched and advised consultants on various legal issues including those related to employment law, ERISA, Securities.
- Implemented major corporate restructuring of international branches and subsidiaries through joint ventures, including due diligence and tax considerations.
- Assisted in the registration of the company as an investment advisor.
- Developed an investment advisor compliance manual. Handle Dept of Labor and State-Specific Wage and hour complaints.
Bachelor Of Laws
Corporate Counsel III Resume
Summary : A business-oriented, proactive and problem solving corporate counsel with in-house experience in support of strategic business and sourcing/procurement operations in financial services.
Skills : Legal Research, Legal Analysis, Negotiation.
- Responsible for all legal aspects of administering civil engineering, land surveying, and real estate development projects.
- Managed Attorney responsible for all land development activities, including but not limited to RFPs, RFQs, due diligence, public bidding procedures.
- Facilitated and managed the interface with clients, consultants, and approval agencies.
- Drafted infrastructure proposals and contracts, bid documents, change order negotiation, and bond enforcement.
- Extensive experience with EJCDC Agreements. Assisted in investment advisor staff training.
- Land surveyed firm including risk management and collections.
- Negotiated all disputes without litigation; no adverse or workmen's compensation claims.
Certificate In Business
Corporate Counsel II Resume
Headline : Accomplished legal professional with experience in both a law firm and corporate setting. Exceptionally strong background in regulatory affairs and healthcare litigation.
Skills : Public relations, Regulatory affairs, Quality assurance.
- Responsible for the management of the pharmaceutical product liability cases, and medicare.
- Handled worker's compensation and unemployment compensation claims and cases.
- Managed outside counsel nationally to represent and defend in all product liability, AWP Pricing, and business litigation.
- Communicated and interacted with senior management and scientists concerning strategies for legal defense.
- Managed internal complex document production processes.
- Reviewed all outside counsel budgets and legal invoices.
- Prepared and reviewed insurance policies and contracts.
Sr. Corporate Counsel Resume
Summary : Seasoned attorney with extensive technology transactional/licensing experience in life sciences and the biotech industry. Expertise covers all transactional aspects spanning various stages of focus.
Skills : Contract Negotiation, Legal, Legal Research.
- Actively represented a legal support services company in labor and employment litigation matters.
- Defended a variety of different wage and labor disputes for a variety of different clients.
- Disseminated all relevant information to the Union bargaining team for CBA purposes.
- Reduced the amount of administrative processing time. Created a Human Resource best practice guide for wage and hour laws.
- Clearly outlined areas of concern and assisted companies in achieving compliance.
- Mitigated risk and reduced the company's liability by potential judgments.
- Litigated civil matters, filed dispositive motions, and negotiated settlement agreements.
Corporate Counsel/Executive Resume
Headline : Skilled legal and compliance professional in the securities industry. Key member of high-performing management teams, responsible for legal affairs and interactions with government regulatory agencies.
Skills : Legal Research, Regulatory Compliance, Analytics.
- Provided representation for the Firm, its Advisory, and two affiliated broker-dealers.
- Advised management of risks and liabilities associated with pending legal and regulatory matters.
- Litigated claims before FINRA arbitration panels and multi-party collateralized settlement agreements.
- Implemented policies and procedures to ensure compliance with SEC and FINRA rules and regulations.
- Collaborated with compliance officers and management on potential mergers, acquisitions, and sales.
- Engaged in settlement negotiations with State and Federal regulators.
- Drafted legal correspondence, including answers, motions to dismiss, motions for sanctions, SEC audit responses, FINRA 8210 responses.
Corporate Counsel/Representative Resume
Summary : Attorney with extensive experience providing legal support for sales and procurement organizations on complex enterprise IT transactions, such as Cloud Services, and SaaS licensing.
Skills : Healthcare, Antitrust, Association/Nonprofit.
- Participated in business and technical teams according to client needs.
- Provided joint development and patent licensing agreements and related counseling for emerging business areas.
- Provided counsel on intellectual property-related issues in agreements such as joint development agreements and toll manufacturing agreements.
- Developed and manage intellectual property strategies for emerging business units.
- Filed and prosecuted domestic and foreign patents in polymer and organic chemical arts.
- Provided patentability assessments and freedom-to-operate and validity opinions.
- Mentored and supervised patent prosecution and drafting by patent agents in the research division.
J.D. In Law
Corporate Counsel/Co-ordinator Resume
Summary : Work as Corporate Counsel for large non-depository financial institution. Advise business management on regulatory compliance concerns involving state and federal requirements.
Skills : Corporate Governance, Risk Management, Regulatory Compliance.
- Collaborated with outside counsel at Perkins Coie, LLP to manage the company's series seed round.
- Prepared the company's capitalization table requiring complex calculations.
- Filed an Amended and Restated Articles of Incorporation with the Secretary of State.
- Coordinated completion of the remaining seed investment documents with outside counsel.
- Prepared closing of the company's seed round by collecting investors' signatures and ensuring wire transfer of funds.
- Drafted and reviewed numerous consulting and venture partner agreements.
- Interpreted SEC compliance rules applicable to accredited investors. Prepared the company's trademark application.
Corporate Counsel I Resume
Objective : Compliance, insurance and employment law. Transactions, research, drafting and guidance for small to large companies on all matters. Commercial litigation, commercial leases, contract drafting.
Skills : German, French, English.
- Provided legal support, advice, and counsel to all areas of a media aggregation company.
- Drafted, reviewed, and negotiated customer and media provider contracts.
- Drafted, negotiated, and revised non-disclosure and non-competition agreements.
- Researched and advise the marketing department on international, federal, and state regulations.
- Drafted employment offer letters/agreements, non-competition agreements, and any necessary legal research.
- Ensured compliance with all state and federal employment regulations.
- Responsible for corporate filings and multiple commercial real estate leases.
Lead Corporate Counsel Resume
Summary : Accomplished attorney with experience in the counseling and representation of clients on a wide range of matters. Extensive knowledge of diverse areas to divert potential legal problems.
Skills : Negotiation, Drafting Agreements, Legal Research & Writing.
- Drafted and reviewing periodic reports, earnings releases, and proxy statements.
- Strategic licensed and business development transactions: Drafting and negotiating OEM agreements.
- Drafted and negotiated agreements for co-development transactions.
- Prepared standards forms, and managing junior attorneys, for licensing transactions.
- Represented product groups for in-bound licensing, co-development, and revenue share transactions.
- Responsible for implementing Macromedia's initial Sarbanes Oxley Act policies.
- Drafted severance and employment agreements. Oversee and draft all EEOC position statements.
Associate Corporate Counsel Resume
Summary : Skilled in advising global clients on legal and business matters, including innovation across diverse sectors, intellectual property procurement and protection, federal regulations, compliance.
Skills : Employment Law, Human Resources, Business Management.
- Prepared and prosecuted patent applications globally for therapeutic drugs.
- Evaluated licensing opportunities to gauge the company's global market position.
- Drafted and managed commercial transactions with collaborative partners.
- Provided support for patent litigation and foreign opposition matters.
- Advised regulatory division on Food and Drug Administration issues related to the drug approval process and filings.
- Organized and lead interdisciplinary global team patent procurement strategy sessions.
- Evaluated policies and procedures to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
Corporate Counsel Resume
Objective : Corporate attorney with experience in corporate and regulatory compliance, software and content licensing. Extensive background conducting commercial transactions and drafting.
Skills : Technical Skills, MS-Excel.
- Led counsel for all legal and business affairs. Managed the legal department and supported business units worldwide.
- Reviewed merger documents and advised the executive team on the terms.
- Performed acquisition due diligence and drafted schedule of exceptions.
- Negotiated and drafted service, software licensing, and other agreements to conform to company policies and business objectives.
- Drafted contracts for the introduction of new services and products.
- Led negotiator in settlements, employment/EEOC claims, and breach of contract disputes
- Negotiated with the plaintiff's counsel and EEOC regarding pre-litigation settlements.