Freelance Editorial Assistant Resume
Objective : Experience include HTML programming, website management, writing for a variety of sources, proofreading and copy editing, online campaign management, research project management and office administration.
Skills : Proficient At Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint. Learned And Became Skilled In Publishing Programs, Such As: Advantage, SalesLogix, Publishing Planning Tool, PACE, And Various Excel Spreadsheets.
- Assembled proposal review panels of qualified reviewers to obtain market feedback to help determine whether proposed projects were worth pursuing for publication.
- Assembled targeted manuscript review panels to provide in-depth market feedback to determine what changes are necessary to improve signed projects in the manuscript stage.
- Monitored and maintained accurate budget tracking spreadsheets for projects prior to and after a signed contract for the Health Professions editorial department.
- Prepared paperwork for publishing committee by running sales estimates and profit & loss statements using Publishing Planning Tool and compiling and organizing other pertinent proposal information for the editorial team.
- Assisted in preparing and tracking all publishing agreements and contracts for assigned markets.
- Worked with Product Managers to get all pertinent information to and from authors, contributors, and freelancers.
- Managed and tracked contributor agreements and panels; maintained contributor contact information; submitted requisitions and contracts to Accounts Payable department to pay contributors upon completion of services rendered.
- Provided support as needed to authors, contributors, Acquisition Editors, Product Managers, Business Manager, and Vice President/Publisher (when necessary).
BA In English
Sr. Editorial Assistant Resume
Summary : Helped me develop skills necessary in any work setting. Skills such as working with coworkers towards a common goal, obtaining valuable information through interviews, carrying out within a specified time tasks assigned to me, and being diligent and meticulous in all aspects.
Skills : Microsoft office.
- Supported the editorial staff by acting as a liaison between authors, reviewers, assistants, and editors.
- Externally invited reviewers on behalf of the journal, assisted with travel needs and meetings, and organized sensitive data.
- Maintained and implemented Journal documents and spreadsheets, reviewer lists, manuscript data elements, and composed documents and emails.
- Reviewed and rated the quality of reviews by reviewers and author's efforts to revise their manuscripts.
- Teamwork was essential in this position, and my coworkers were supported whenever it was appropriate.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office, Mac Computers, and office management skills were required for this position.
- Knowledge for troubleshooting with email programs, journal-specific programs, filing, and electronic records was also necessary.
Jr. Editorial Assistant Resume
Objective : Professional content producer, writer and editor. Experienced with publishing on various social media platforms. Skilled multitasker with a proven ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple duties. Flexible, able to work independently, and as part of a team.
Skills : Inventory Management, Computers, Listening, Teamwork, Reading, Organization, Multitasking, Focusing.
- Wrote editorials on important issues that affected readers.
- Collaborated with letter writers and guest columnists to copyedit letters to the editor and Valley Views column for publication.
- Shared content to Journal's social media channels to maximize audience reach.
- Posted and updated Opinion page content on Journal website in a manner that prioritizes content.
- Scheduled and coordinated Editorial Board meetings with community leaders and politicians, many of which were live-streamed.
- Coordinated weekly Legislative Reports and Legislative Spotlight column by maintaining contact with municipal, county, state and federal political staffers.
- Assisted in budgeting print and online Opinion and Op-ed pages.
- Maintained Excel file of letters writers' contact information and publication dates.
Bachelor's In English
Editorial Assistant III Resume
Summary : Offering a breadth of digital, eCommerce, content development and integrated marketing experience, with a comprehensive understanding of strategic planning, brand management and global marketing proficiency. Ability to drive conversion through SEM, SEO, display, affiliates, email, mobile and social media channels, as well the aptitude to improve user experience through A/B & Multi-variant testing, data analysis and optimization efforts.
Skills : Bilingual.
- Wrote Playmate biographies, assisted with content development and supplied e-commerce links for stories.
- Interviewed Playmates at meet and greet events, took photos, wrote captions, cleared photo rights, proofread content and prepared contracts for freelance writers.
- Reviewed site performance and ROI for e-commerce purchases.
- Production Assistant for Catalog Division Tracked photography for featured items and assisted with page layout for catalogs.
- Entered corrections into database system, proofed media keys and prepared P.O.s for vendors/merchandising projects.
- Coordinated table-top and fashion shoots, and assisted creative director and models on photo shoots.
- Wrote articles for the employee newsletter, reporting on corporate events and feature stories.
Master's In ECommerce
Editorial Assistant II Resume
Summary : Innovative Customer Service Manager who effectively executes process changes to improve operational efficiency. Bilingual Customer Service Persuasive Client relations specialist Focused on customer Conflict resolution techniques satisfaction Marketing savvy Skilled multi-tasker Team management Scheduling.
Skills : Copyediting, Proofreading.
- Assisted Vice President of Editorial in creating Bibles, reference books, and ministry titles.
- Trained to be editor, learning editorial and publishing processes.
- Prepared author and work-for-hire contracts, customizing standard contract for appropriate purpose.
- Coordinated freelance assignments and reviewed editorial work for creation of new Bibles, reference books, and ministry titles.
- Copyedited and proofread as needed, verifying accuracy and grammatical presentation.
- Proofread catalogs, Bible packaging, book covers, and marketing materials prior to publication, ensuring accurate information and elimination of errors.
- Worked with typesetters, designers, and production managers, completing production of Bibles and books.
Editorial Assistant I Resume
Summary : Innovative communications specialist with over six years of multiple industry experience. Over 100 published articles, press releases, and blog posts under tight deadlines. An energetic, driven do-gooder with social media, document production, and fundraising expertise.
Skills : Fundraising, Event Planning, Social Media, Volunteer Coordinator.
- Developed magazine's social media presence.
- Increased traffic to website by 10% in the first six months.
- Created and managed web content including blog posts and weekly contests.
- Managed multiple sets of proofs to meet deadline.
- Established a system of organizing proofreaders' corrections to streamline communication of changes to production department.
- Reduced errors in published copy by more than 50%.
- Maintained records and files of work and revisions, trafficked changes and corrections between editorial and production departments, and assisted in layout of material for publication.
- Wrote advertorials for Seniors Guide publications and reported on myriad topics for Boomer magazine.
Editorial Assistant/Associate Resume
Summary : Over 13 years experience in the fields. Seeking employment that will allow me to utilize my varied skill-sets.
Skills : Public Relations, Radio Production, Television Production,.
- Edited documents to the level specified by the supervisory editor, ensuring proper format and correct obvious spelling and grammatical errors.
- Recommended restructuring of sentences for clarity and queries deviations from style conventions.
- Proofread documents and performed quality control checks.
- Provided dissemination reviews as assigned.
- Formatted publications as established by style guides and manuals using Microsoft Word or Adobe InDesign CS6.
- Incorporated approved changes into the publication's master source file(s) and follow file management guidelines.
- Developed or modify format and style specifications as required.
- Created bar-codes for publication using Adobe LiveCycle.
Lead Editorial Assistant Resume
Objective : Extensive experience writing, editing and proofreading copy for both editorial and marketing purposes. Additionally, my ability to market, plan and facilitate events to create a seamless structure upon execution has led to a continuation of customer satisfaction and growth in expanding services.
Skills : Editing, Proofreading, Communication.
- Editing, proofreading and coordinate all the e-books in the MarketingProfs store, such as the Success Stories collections, Research Spotlights, Digital Factbooks, How-To Guides, etc.
- Writing, image-pulling and proofreading for Take 10 products.
- Editing and coordinating the Smart Tools product line.
- Creating production schedules and keeping the team updated.
- Coordinating with freelancers in terms of schedules, production, and process.
- Writing product descriptions for the MarketingProfs store.
- Assembling the myriad items needed for getting product in the store.
- Editing and proofreading in Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Word, and WordPress.
Bachelor's In Communications
Editorial Assistant/Manager Resume
Summary : College graduate holding a B.A. in History with excellent skills in both writing and speaking. Experience with publishing, writing, computers, coaching and educational settings.
Skills : Computer Skills, telephone skills, word, excel, outlook.
- Responsible for writing several monthly columns and articles, with byline, related to social events, new products and social calendar.
- Researched new products (fashion, luxury technology-related) for inclusion in magazine.
- Daily interface with members of press from other publications in order to ensure that their products are properly represented by Hampton Sheet.
- Scheduled and arranged press credentials for editorial staff.
- Prepared magazine proofs and copies for mailing.
- Monitored RSVP's to all industry events, maintained calendar and appointment book daily.
- Managed and organized all advertising insertions, copies of magazine and proofs.
Editorial Assistant Resume
Headline : Motivated to learn and succeed in a calm and humble manner, and is driven toward professional excellence by a genuine work ethic, exceptional communication and a strong, problem-solving creativity.
Skills : MS Office, Computer Skills, Data Entry, Editing, Writing.
- Generated original and engaging content for advertisement blurbs and articles.
- Accurately researched current trends and fact-checked vendor details.
- Retained magazine "voice" when writing letter from the editor.
- Demonstrated precision and accuracy in editing and proofreading all content.
- Critically assessed layout functionality and suggested changes where necessary.
- Successfully researched and generated relevant content for articles.
- Sustained high levels of organization and detail when multi-tasking assignments.
Bachelor Of Arts