Senior Technical Writer Resume
Summary : Quality Systems Professional with specific experience in the areas of change control, document/records management, technical writing, mentoring and coaching, problem resolution, FDA/EU regulations, and auditing. Organized and results oriented. Technical Writing Document Management Records Management Compliance Change Management Editing Proofreading cGMP Project Management.
Skills : Adobe FrameMaker, Acrobat Distiller, Acrobat Pro, Documentum content management system, Web Publisher, Astoria Workbench, XMetal Author, Cisco XMART system, Reflection X, RoboHelp, SharePoint, Snagit, MS Word, Excel, Paint, and PowerPoint.
- Mentored and lead technical writing team members while supporting closure of changes related to controlled documentation.
- Team lead on batch record redesign project.
- Record designed to be more user friendly with less opportunity for error.
- Implemented project plan to ensure all documentation associated with batch record redesign (i.e., SOPs, work instructions, etc.) was updated to be consistent with new design.
- Designed and presented training sessions regarding newly designed batch record format.
- Member of electronic document management system implementation team.
- Reviewed final revisions for Master Production Records, SOPs, and Specs/Methods; providing QA approval on final documentation.
B.A. In English
Senior Technical Writer/Technical Writer Resume
Summary : Technical writer with over 20 years of broad experience in technical communications. Superb communications skills, excellent attention to detail, strong project management and supervisory skills, excellent cross-functional communicator. Experience in engineering documentation, medical devices and clinical software applications, academic and scienti
Skills : Microsoft Office, RoboHelp, Epic, Visio, Snagit, Git, Documentum.
- Developed and maintained technical documentation including training materials, manuals, operating instructions, assembly instructions, reports, and appendices.
- Researched data; read and interpreted engineering information, including drawings; wrote product descriptions and theory of operations; created maintenance procedures; edited materials and incorporated changes.
- Conducted research, including reading source material, using the application software, meeting with and interviewing subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Wrote and edited the documentation, according to published department standards and procedures.
- Worked with illustrations and screen captures, and with graphics designers to create more complicated illustrations.
- Worked with quality team to revise policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Created training material, curriculum, and course outlines.
- Worked with engineering team on new product during development and production; authored associated publications.
B.A. In English
Contracted Senior Technical Writer Resume
Objective : Documentation professional with over 15 years of experience in the software development field. Proven ability in eliciting information, developing content strategy, and documenting software and business processes. Highly technical and analytical yet a people person.
Skills : Technical Editing, Technical Writing, Training Materials, Git, GitHub, Umbraco, Adobe CQ5, HTML/XHTML, WordPress, Basic Programming Principals, Software Development Lifecycle, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, DxStudio, FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Adobe Acrobat.
- Wrote and updated documentation for Microsoft Azure and System Center.
- Created and maintained documentation web pages using Git/GitHub, Markdown, and Umbraco.
- Coordinated with writers, program managers, and other stakeholders to publish and update web content along with digital content.
- Compiled documentation metrics for azure.microsoft.com, Help Drawer, and MSDN content.
- Added SEO content to existing www.windowsazure.com content to increase discoverability of content.
- Converted documentation to DxStudio and Markdown formats.
- Wrote getting started tutorials, Help Drawer, and MSDN content for Azure virtual networking and automation.
Senior Technical Writer/Design Engineer Resume
Summary : Proven record of success in leading projects, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and developing complex, varied information products to support Cloud Computing, Session Border Controller and core router platforms.
Skills : Clear and effective communication and interpersonal.
- Interviewed subject matter experts (SMEs) for technical user guides coordinating with various departments to produce cohesive, proprietary documents.
- Wrote HIPPA guidelines for company and customers.
- Lead writer for a hosted services department serving internal and external customers.
- Researched, wrote and edited technical user guides, installation guides, release notes, and online help for a wide range of software products for both print and online use.
- Developed online help for clinical content management software.
- Developed a SharePoint site for collaborating with team members on content for various documents.
- Coordinated with various writers and internal subject matter experts to create documents for SAS 70 and other security certifications.
- Contributed to website development to serve the specific needs of our customers and created procedures for accessing documents through the secure FTP site.
Bachelor Of Arts
Senior Technical Writer/Junior Technical Writer Resume
Objective : Implementation analyst experienced in designing and developing digital and print instructional solutions on time and on budget. Possess knowledge and skills in information technology (IT), instructional systems design (ISD), documentation, and business analysis. Seeking instructional content development position that uses analytical skills to improve work performance or enhance customer experience.
Skills : Training Delivery, SolidWorks Composer, Adobe Creative Suite, Animation, Microsoft Offfice.
- Developed online help for enterprise content management (ECM) software.
- Created screen mock ups and incorporated them as clickable examples.
- Collaborated with SMEs during design phase to gain understanding of product, and during development stages to ensure technical accuracy and completeness of help.
- Identified conflicts between business requirements and software functionalities, reported findings, and translated results into help content.
- Tested software against help content, reported software bugs, and submitted change requests and user interface (UI) recommendations to software developers.
- Performed upgrades to the virtual machine used to run the software, and copied the new snapshot for distribution to authors when new builds became available.
- Developed a writing style guide, assisted with writing marketing materials, and provided input to corporate identity and branding.
- Created and maintained MS Word templates to present a consistent, professional, and visually appealing format for internal and external written communications among all departments.
Senior Technical Writer/Technical Assistant Resume
Headline : Analytical and detail-oriented Technical Writer with vast experience in translating/transferring technical details into clear end-user documentation. Strong background in writing with excellent editing and proofreading skills, exceptional written communication skills; can work independently or in a team environment. Driven to deliver results, take accountability and ownership of work, while proactively striving for continuous improvement.
Skills : Agile, Business Analysis, Written & Verbal Communication.
- Lead the writing, revision, editing and production of end-user clinical documentation, print and online help, for medical equipment and software (CT scanners and software and Event Management application) while efficiently balancing multiple projects and deliverables to meet tight product deadlines.
- Performed tasks related to information architecture, structured authoring, topic-based writing, CMS systems, info mapping, CE marking, FDA approval, developed information in a single-sourced environment, coordinated translations, localization, and more.
- Participated on employee-based committees/governance council to evaluate internal issues and share standard information and assisted in driving best practices across the documentation teams, influence new processes acceptance within the organization.
- Technical Writing Collaborated with subject matter experts and international colleagues to research and gather complex data and develop easy-to-understand English-language content optimized for translation into multiple languages.
- Created a variety of graphics to supplement text, both on paper and online.
- Enhanced efficiency, improved and simplified documentation delivery by establishing key standards, developing plans and layouts for taking hard copy to electronic formats.
- Ensured that documentation adhered to the organizations style guidelines, policies, and standards.
- Identified and proposed systemic improvements to be applied across multiple publications that resulted in cost savings for the department.
Senior Technical Writer I Resume
Objective : Certified Project Manager with over fifteen years' experience managing a variety of projects, including IT software releases, IT system security NIST assessments, and business process assessments. My range of experience spans technical writing, requirements analysis, risk analysis, contingency and disaster recovery planning, IT security audit, strategic workforce planning, and ITIL assessments.
Skills : Technical Writing, Technical Editing, Content Management, Content Development, Content Strategy, Policy Writing, Publishing, Strategic Communications, Energy, Oil & Gas, Defense, Federal Government.
- Created a Gap Analysis to determine outstanding items in the SSP.
- Served as the information security liaison for the Operations team.
- Created security SOPs for Verisign's new Top Level Domain (TLD).
- Documents include Media Protection SOP, Account Management SOPs, System Maintenance SOP, Personnel Security SOP, and Configuration Management documents.
- Reviewed and edited the System Security Plan (SSP) to match client and NIST requirements.
- Reviewed Incident Response documents, process, and training material, and provide feedback to Incident Response staff.
- Tasks include creating a new Incident Response Process, Incident Response Plan, and incident response test scenarios.
- Reviewed Verisign corporate Information Security Policy and Standards and provide feedback.
Bachelor Of Arts
Senior Technical Writer II Resume
Summary : Technical writer with over 20 years of broad experience in technical communications. Superb communications skills, excellent attention to detail, strong project management and supervisory skills, excellent cross-functional communicator.
Skills : MindTouch authoring and management Content management, Project management Strong collaborative skills Leadership Document management Basic HTML and mobile application development, Technical help desk experience SurveyGizmo.
- Senior Technical Writer on a United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Software Development & Integration Next Generation (SDI-NG) IDIQ contract.
- Responsible for and maintained all documentation and reports Responsible for contract operations and maintenance of 28 automated information systems.
- Managed and updated project SDLC documentation (including, but not limited to, Operational Support Plans, System Design Documents, Programmer's Maintenance Manuals, Performance Improvement Plans, Build Instructions, etc.), and other artifacts for software development and integration.
- Ensured documentation adhered to USPTO SDLC guidelines and requirements.
- Wrote step-by-step instructions and deployment and rollback plans for software installations or upgrades/migrations.
- Tracked project plans and updated status for task orders provided analysis on the impacts to schedule.
- Responsible for configuration management using IBM Rational Clear Case and Subversion repositories.
- Collaborated with software development teams to create and update technical documentation.
Senior Technical Writer III Resume
Headline : Quality-driven technical writer for various technology and management projects supporting multiple government agency departments. Extensive experience in a variety of fields, skilled in integrating the various aspects of preparing technical documentation, training materials and business presentations.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Robohelp, Madcap Flare, Adobe InDesign.
- Worked with Development team to create digital content and maintain Knowledge Base site.
- Coordinated with Senior Application developer, Technical Project manager, Lead Software architect, and Business analysts to create process documentation.
- Interviewed Industry and Research Analysts, Public infrastructure to understand and develop business processes and workflow requirements.
- Attended technical and business meetings to document technical requirements and business processes.
- Created outlines detailing technical procedures and processes.
- Created Abstracts and technical summaries for Knowledge Base site.
- Interviewed Product managers and Business owners to document details for internet customer-facing products.
- Created diagrams and flowcharts illustrating the architecture of the company platform and flow of business operations.
Senior Technical Writer/Content Writer Resume
Summary : Over 15 years of experience. As a technical writer, I specialize in writing conceptual and tasked-based user documentation for system administrators and software users. I am an expert using authoring tools, such as Arbortext, FrameMaker, and XMetaL, and content management systems. As an editor, I provide copy edits, substantive edits, and proofreading for technical documentation, scholarly works, magazine articles, and blogs.
Skills : XML, XMetaL, FrameMaker, Acrobat Professional, Live Content Architecture, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Robohelp, Visio, Avamar, NetWorker, Webworks EPublisher, VMware, Madcap Flare.
- Researched, developed, and produced product documentation, including administration manuals, user guides, quick-start guides, installation manuals, release notes, online help, and technical notes.
- Converted documentation from FrameMaker to structured authoring format (XML).
- Worked with software engineers, technical support, test engineers, and product managers to gather technical information for content development.
- Participated on Scrum team in eight-week sprints, delivering completed and approved content at the end of each sprint.
- Used Bugzilla (bug-tracking database) to track and resolve documentation bugs.
- Evaluated usability criteria, including audience analysis, documentation planning, and documentation structure.
- Attended seminars and training classes to keep current with new writing technology and practices.
- Screened and interviewed potential candidates for technical writing positions.
Senior Technical Writer Lead Resume
Objective : Accomplished senior writer/editor, communications strategist, proposals/contracts/scope writer, and business development professional with more than 20 years of proven experience.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite Premium, MS SharePoint, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Illustrator, MS Visio.
- Served as lead writer on all hardware/software customer documentation development.
- Interfaced with key customers (internal/external) on all technical documentation issues.
- Completed all technical/copy editing and production coordination for entire department.
- Provided assignments and guidance to junior team members in support of documentation plans and team member development.
- Consulted with and provided guidance to engineering, technical services, system test and management.
- Presented documentation status reports to management and Operations Review Committee.
- Served on Documentation Review Committee and several Quality Management Teams.
BA In Radio
Senior Technical Writer Resume
Objective : Total 6 years experience One year experience as Content Writer. Two years experience as Technical Writer Worked on different technical documents such as installation guide, user manual, help files and training material. Able to work independently or as part of a diverse team. Quickly grasps complex concepts with the ability to convey information in easily understandable formats.
Skills : Technical Writing.
- Attend discussions to design and finalize the Functional Specifications for a project.
- Update the User Manuals such that the documentation is in-sync with the product.
- Review documents to check for any grammar or spelling errors.
- Follow-up with external teams for documentation review.
- Incorporate and close any review comments received external teams and SMEs.
- Edit and format the documents to adhere to the organization template and style guide.
- Converting documents to PDF format and baseline the impacted documents.