Project Accountant Resume
Summary : Energetic and innovative finance professional with 10+ years of diverse experience in various industries including leading edge, fast-paced high-tech SaaS organizations, manufacturing and government contractor organizations.
Skills : Oracle, Excel, Word, Ariba, Jd Edwards.
- Responsible for completion of monthly cost analysis to include actual-vs-budget analysis, cost-to-complete analysis and various CDRL requirements.
- Completed annual operating plans and budgets to include coordination with Program Managers.
- Prepared contract billings monthly in accordance with contract requirements and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and coordinated with DFAS ensuring prompt payments.
- Insured corporate metrics were completed timely and coordinated with the various Program Managers.
- Insured additional corporate requirements were completed timely.
- Coordinated with Contracts Dept regarding contract modifications, timely submission of 75% funding letters, risk authorizations, and financial contract deliverables.
- Worked with Cost Accounting Manager in support of strong cash flow procedures, with customers and internal/external auditors.
- Prepared monthly journal entries and general ledger account analysis.
MBA In Accounting
Construction Project Accountant Resume
Summary : Working with confidential information Supervising employees in an administrative environment Provide support to executives Process background investigations and drug testing Oversee Entergy's site Medical department Manage vendor contracts Process time and expenses for employees I have excellent communication skills, and have recently become certified with the Primavera P6 software.
Skills : Excel, Quickbooks.
- Prepared client billings on multiple projects with individual valuations up to $300 million.
- Accurate and timely posting of client invoices, averaging $500 thousand per month, using Gresham Smith and Partners CFMS accounting system.
- Researched and compiled data to track reimbursable expenses to projects.
- Coded and processed consultant and vendor invoices for payment.
- Researched payment discrepancies when necessary.
- Determined account balances and estimated project accruals and deferrals.
- Analyzed aged accounts receivable and advised project managers on collections and account management.
- Prepared month-end general ledger journal entries and monthly closing reports.
Bachelor Of Science
Sr. Project Accountant Resume
Objective : To obtain a challenging position of responsibility, which will allow me to use my years of work experience and education for the achievement of corporate/organization goals and profit.
Skills : Quickbooks,Excel, Word,Excellent Communication Skills, Detail Oriented, Reliable.
- Perform project reconciliation and close-outs.
- Submittal and preparation of client proposals and change orders.
- Preparation of sub-contractor and client waivers of liens.
- Resolved subcontractor billing problems & disputes, as well as, researching clients project issues.
- Meeting with clients for project accounting issues.
- Review Subcontractor Purchase Orders and Clients contract.
- Approve and process subcontractor's invoices.
Project Accountant/Payroll Administrator Resume
Summary : Highly qualified Project Accountant with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Oracle, Excel, Word, Ariba, Jd Edwards.
- Create new projects in Oracle Financials according to contract.
- Addition of change orders to project when applicable.
- Maintain project accounting files electronically according to company policy.
- Customized invoicing created according to client specifications.
- Obtain all backup for expense/vendor items.
- Review of expense items prior to invoice submission for accuracy based on client travel policy.
- Generate labor and expense transfers for approval when necessary.
AS In Accounting
Project Accountant - Interiors Department Resume
Summary : An analytical, accounting professional with an excellent education in Finance and experience in payment authorization / accounts payable, vendor management, data management with strong IT skills, O&M budgeting, billing, financial accountability, cost tracking systems design, project management and leading a team successfully and writing policies for them to follow. Led audits done for internal, external and SOX purposes.
Skills : Jd Edwards, Concur.
- Responsible for portfolio of clients generating $40M+ annual revenue.
- Post client related revenue/cost to general ledger accounts in accordance with GAAP.
- Verified and approve client invoices in accordance with contractual billing terms.
- Performed detailed account reconciliations to assist in decision-making processes.
- Prepared quarterly and annual revenue/cash forecasts for earnings guidance to leadership.
- Analyzed future financials of significant contracts for potential risk or upside.
- Built and maintained client relationships to assist in cash collections process.
- Worked in team environment to achieve crucial financial deadlines.
Project Accountant/Accounting Manager Resume
Summary : Highly motivated Accountant with Fifteen (15+) years in accounting and finance. Five (5+) years of construction industry experience with one of the world's leading Construction.
Skills : Microsoft Office Skills, Highly Organized.
- Established solid communication with project staff by ensuring the projects Subcontractor paperwork/Billings are reviewed to assure conformity to subcontract.
- Prepared timely and accurate billing for all assigned projects, resolving any issues in a timely manner.
- Managed accounts payable process, making sure it complies with company policies and procedures.
- Complied with month end close schedule and finance deadlines.
- Prepared data to prepare all reports necessary.
- Worked on special projects as directed by the Supervisor.
- Entered weekly/bi-weekly/monthly Progress Billings and Vendor invoices into Timberline accounting system.
Junior Project Accountant Resume
Objective : An accounting professional seeking a position in a field where my extensive experience will be further developed and utilized. My experience ranges from analyzing the financial statements, maintaining budgets, general ledger, and journal entries reconciliations while working in a fast paced, business environment.
Skills : Payroll Processing, Data Entry, Contract Administration, Purchase Orders, Change Orders, Construction Draws, Inventory Management, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, GL Postings, Job Costing, Certificates of Insurance, Bank Reconciliations.
- Responsible for handling four development projects for a small-sized Homebuilder, involving the coding and payment of a volume of $1 million monthly.
- Created and distributed yearly Form 1099s.
- Duties also included weekly and monthly loan draws for two projects.
- Balanced ten monthly bank reconciliations notifying the controller of any discrepancies.
- Reconciled loan financial to our financials including journal entries and account research.
- Maintained four checking accounts including bank deposits, cash management applications, and job cost assignment.
- Attended and adjusted budget meeting information, created and reconciled sales journals.
B.S. In Business Administration
Sr. Project Accountant Resume
Summary : Highly organized and motivated professional with a decade of hands-on construction management and construction health and safety experience. Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong problem-solving reflective of a pronounced attention to detail.
Skills : Project Management, Construction Management, Interior Finishes, Construction Safety, Event Management, Effective Communication, Documentation Control, Cost Management, Training And Public Speaking, Problem Solving, Team Coordination.
- Responsible for project accounting responsibilities concurrent with Assistant Project Manager duties from September 2009 to July 2010.
- Managed project with payables exceeding $120 million, recognizing a cost savings of over $10 million.
- Reviewed subcontract agreements, purchase orders, and change orders for accuracy.
- Prepared change proposals, negotiated, executed, and issued change orders to subcontractors and prepared revisions to the master cost breakdown as a result of change orders and management revisions with direction of Project Manager.
- Conducted weekly meetings with project managers to review and validate all subcontractors' payables.
- Prepared monthly draw packages for submission and distributed monthly subcontractor checks.
- Balanced budgets and monitored commitments in accounting software.
- Served as reporting manager for subcontractors' reviewing and validating their respective insurance certificates, lien releases and AIA applications.
B.E. In Civil Engineering
Project Accountant/Staff Accountant Resume
Summary : Over 14 years of relevant experience in a corporate setting. Strong knowledge of bank reconciliation, payroll, account payable and receivables, cash flow analysis, purchasing and preparing financial statements. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Works more independently and requires less supervision.
Skills : Analysis, Revenue Recognition, Tax, Reconciliation.
- Create project accounts in the accounting system.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts.
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project.
- Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project.
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings.
MBA In Accounting
Project Accounting Assistant Resume
Objective : Driven and hardworking professional with a concentrated background in accounting (retail and construction), financial analysis with experience in Information Technology, and project coordination. Recognized ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse stakeholders and positively influence others towards organizational growth.
Skills : Project Controls, Executive Administrator, Payroll Specialist, Office Manager.
- Reconcile account payables, receivables and payroll transactions.
- Monthly accruals, general ledger entries and labor corrections.
- Communicate extensively with billing, management, account payable and project staff.
- Input data using COGNOS, Hyperion and Cost Point.
- Month-end & year-end closing cycle duties for revenue contracts.
- Analysis Balance sheet items, prepaid, deferred and completion bonus.
- Prepare statistical data for financial reporting packages.
- Compliance with internal policies and procedures, FAR, SOX and government regulations.
Accounting And Finance
Asst. Project Accountant Resume
Summary : Looking for an administrative/coordinator position in a company that will allow me to develop my skills further and offer the opportunity for advancement. I am highly motivated and an apt learner. I am looking for an aggressive establishment that will give me long-term stability. Ability to work within an extremely fast-paced environment, handles multiple tasks, and applies good judgment and discretion on confidential matters.
Skills : Project Accountant, Proposal Pricing Analyst.
- Provided timely reporting for financial statements while adhering to company accounting procedures.
- Accurately prepared audit packages and tax returns.
- Assisted in making homes legally available for sale.
- Supported development of timing estimates for major cash outlays, including taxes, fees, and deposits.
- Reviewed and questioned draws submitted by Construction Managers.
- Identified and complied with loan document requirements.
- Interacted with Project Managers to project soft costs and means to reallocate budgets.
- Analyzed debt and equity books for understanding of project and key deal points.
Project Accountant Resume
Headline : Currently acquiring experience as a Project Accountant for a Construction Commodities Management company. Former Project Manager in the education field focused on student achievement and progress for over two years. Acted as team leader for a group of professional educators; providing feedback and direction in order to deliver the highest quality service and support to students.
Skills : Deltek, Oracle, Excel, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office.
- Produced final billings on travel programs averaging $10M per year, while maintaining compliance of financial contracts and ethical standards.
- Worked with team of Air & Land/Hotel Purchasers on contracted Project using GAAP concepts.
- Recruited by Director to return to company.
- Maximized cash flow of all programs assigned, providing revenue assurance.
- Delivered customer support by reconciling and auditing supplier payments within 30 days of receipt.
- Generated timely and accurate monthly sales forecasts for assigned programs, providing closest estimate to accurate earnings.
- Reconciled billings from air, land/hotel vendors and paid in accordance with contracts.
- Established target completion dates for assigned billings within 45 - 55 days of program completion or within client's specified requirement within contracts, strengthening customer relationships.