Family Consultant Resume
Objective : Looking for a summer teaching position in which can utilize 10 years of teaching using instructional best practices.
Skills : Case Management, Working With Mental Health, Adults, Adolescents.
- Interviewed and evaluated clients, including conducting safety and risk assessments.
- Offered therapeutic services and crises intervention to emotionally disturbed children and adolescents.
- Referred clients to social services agencies.
- Maintained regular contact with clients, including visiting clients' homes.
- Assessed clients for abuse and neglect and compiled documentation for court reports.
- Helped each patient understand his or her illness and the contributing personal, social and economic factors.
- Collaborated with court, law enforcement and community providers.
Bachelor Of Science
Sr. Family Consultant Resume
Summary : Extremely hardworking and work oriented. Strong will that allows to overcome obstacles and find the most efficient way to complete assigned tasks.
Skills : Marketing, Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Leadership Development.
- Provided FSRP (Family, Safety, Risk, and Permanency) Services Child and Family's protective service provider.
- Responsible for helping participate in the planning implementation, and supervision of family interactions between parents and their children.
- Assessed safety and stability of clients and provides reports to DHS and the Court to contribute to recommendations around case progress.
- Attended all family team meetings, court hearings, and testifies as requested.
- Provided and/or arranges for direct services and resources for parents and children in a family specific way to help reach the goals of the permanency plan.
- Provided interventions and supports to promote child safety, preservation of the family unit, and reduction of risks of maltreatment to the children, and placement prevention, or placement in a suitable environment.
- Coordinated, collaborated, and worked directly with DHS in implementing, evaluating progress, and meeting the goals of the permanency plan with families.
Jr. Family Consultant Resume
Objective : Highly motivated professional with nine years experience within non-profit organizations. Seeking a position where experience and expertise will be utilized to help those in need and better the community. professional experience has exposed to various aspects of non-profit business including direct client service, agency administration, employee and volunteer management and accounting.
Skills : Bilingual Spanish, Microsoft proficient, multi-tasker, dependable, detailed oriented.
- Developed personalized family treatment plan to support child's specific needs.
- Focused on reading, writing, and test preparation (ACT and SAT).
- Focused on math strategies, Fundations concepts, and sight words through multi-sensory approaches.
- Coached athletes with developmental disabilities.
- Maintained working relationship with DCS, supervise visits between parents who have their children removed and children, document visits and contacts .
- Collaborated and/or coordinated with other professionals regarding individual clients.
- Contributed to placement stability of children through regular contact with clients.
Master Of Science
Family Consultant III Resume
Summary : To secure a position in a professional environment where education, training, and proven ability can be fully applied.
Skills : Social Work, Leadership.
- Provided case work duties for children in therapeutic foster care in the Westchester County, NY area, ages 1-21.
- In charged of working with the children to make sure they are in a safe environment and all of their needs are being met.
- Provided transportation for children; to doctors appointments, school, etc.
- Provided monthly visits, and assist with independent living skills.
- Registered children for school and help set up initial doctors appointments in the area.
- Supervised visitations with siblings, parents, etc.
- Advocated for the children in court.
Bachelor Of Arts
Family Consultant II Resume
Headline : Facilitated parenting groups for the community -Teen pregnancy intervention -In-home visits to teach parenting and life skills -Taught parenting. Assisted foster parents with any questions or needs.
Compile quarterly safety checks for the foster home.
Development and implementation of monthly summaries, therapeutic treatment plans, safety assessments, biopsychosocial assessments, and other reports .
Skills : Addictions, Mental Health, Criminal Justice.
- Worked to prevent maltreatment using community based supportive services to help families at risk of or in crisis.
- Provided a link between the Delaware Fatherhood and Family Coalition and the community members.
- Assessed a family's emotional wellbeing, service needs, and support system.
- Counselled participants.
- Trainned participants in the process of appropriate goal setting.
- Provided resource referrals for additional community support.
- Educated and engaged the community about positive fatherhood.
Bachelor Of Science
Family Consultant I Resume
Objective : Human Services worker with experience serving children and families in need as well as individuals with various mental health diagnoses.
Skills : Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern with the State of Florida, IMH# 4944.
- Engaged and assessed families and children referred through the Department of Human Services child protective unit.
- Served families of various socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds as well as families with mild to severe mental health needs.
- Assessed individual child's needs, family functioning, and potential child and family risk factors.
- Conducted planning to maintain the safety of identified children.
- Maintained regular face to face contact with families.
- Conducted unannounced visits when necessary.
- Connected families to a wide range of community resources and services that were responsive to the presenting as well as longer term needs of the family in an effort to reduce recurring child abuse and neglect.
Bachelor Of Arts
Assistant Family Consultant Resume
Headline : Scheduled appointments with regional clients, orientated them to services Interviewing; Building rapport; Advocacy/observation Documented frequent. Participated in team supervision, case consultation and trainings.
Completed required reports/work documents to be submitted to the Department of Human Services in a timely manner.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Crisis Intervention, Crisis Management.
- Supervised an assigned caseload of foster parents.
- Developed and utilize supervision plans for assigned therapeutic foster parents.
- Created a client-specific treatment plan for each assigned child prior to placement and submit the plan for review by the appropriate staff.
- Visited each assigned child in the therapeutic home a minimum of once a week, each visit being documented.
- Coordinated diagnostic information from all parties on the child's treatment team; coordinate treatment-planning sessions; notify all pertinent parties; facilitate meeting and document progress/regression regarding treatment goals.
- Ensured implementation of treatment plan; consult with Regional Director/Clinical Supervisor regarding the issues relating to the resources necessary for plan implementation.
- Prepared for and attend court hearings, treatment team meetings, school meetings, and other community and/or agency reviews that pertain to the child, as appropriate.
Associate Family Consultant Resume
Objective : To obtain a professional position within a dynamic social service organization that will allow for utilization of skills and training and provide opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Skills : Social Media, Social Services, Community Outreach.
- Provided social service and programs utilizing telephone assessment/evaluation technique, onsite family advocacy education/prevention.
- Serviced to elementary age children, youth and their families Utilized a cognitive-behavioral, solution focused, and ecological model of intervention to help families adopt positive solutions to problems.
- Provided educational tools/new approach for problem resolution as well as prevention/pro-active techniques.
- Designed and developed psychological strategies that are imparted to youth and their family members in group and individual sessions through robust outreach efforts to address the unique needs of each client.
- Provided responsive intervention services to address specific needs in the home and school settings of children and families.
- Implementation of cognitive-behavioral, solution focused, and/or ecological models of intervention are utilized during observation/resolution sessions.
- Integratived collaboration support also included multiple teachers of the students requiring assistance.
Assistant Family Consultant I Resume
Summary : Experienced in many social work fields including counseling, various therapies, case management, and macro social work. In addition experience encompasses work in speech pathology and behavioral therapy with children of all ages. Extremely proficient in working with children of varying ages and disabilities.
Skills : CPR/ 1st Aid/CPI Certified, Communication Skills.
- Coordinated the treatment team, or team of providers serving the MRDD population for both Adolescents and Adults.
- Conducted staff training and supervision of staff that provided in-home supports for consumers.
- Supervised out of home placements.
- Provided case management and recommendations for care and follow-up.
- Interfaced with state licensing agency, county placement agency, child protective services and department of social services for the provision of these services.
- Coordinated, planned and implemented recreational activities, weekly home visits, assisted in daily living skills, administering health and safety procedures and teaching those skills to both adult and children consumers.
- Provided ongoing education and awareness along with routine following up with all providers and family members.
Bachelor Of Science
Family Consultant Resume
Summary : Maintain accurate case files and provide case management for assigned case load Conduct in-home visits with families in need Assisted with educating .
Reported and documented child's behaviors to Department of Family and Children Services (CPS).
Maintained communication with the foster family to provide supervision, encouragement, support, counseling, and intervention necessary in the home environment.
Served as a customer service role model to ensure a positive relationship during interactions with all clients, the community, and peers.
Worked closing with DCS, CASA members, and group home managers to provide appropriate services.
Delivered comprehensive therapeutic services to children, adolescents and adults involved with child welfare and prevention services.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Crisis Intervention, Multi-Tasking, Program Management, Budget Management.
- Ensured the safety of children in the care of Iowa Department of Human Service (DHS).
- Established working relationships with treatment providers and case workers.
- Monitored progress with DHS recommendations.
- Make referrals to appropriate agencies.
- Collaborated with other case workers and treatment providers to ensure client follow through.
- Build rapport with clients in order to assist them in achieving goals.
- Teached parenting skills when appropriate and follow up on progress made.
- Completed documentation for submission to DHS and court.