Accounting Manager/Finance Specialist Resume
Summary : Results -driven Accounting Manager/Finance Specialist with over 10 years experience in financial services, underwriting, and customer care management. Strategic and conceptual thinker with the ability to maximize customer relations by utilizing positive problem-solving techniques to meet organizational goals. The proven track record for streamlining and strengthening financial/accounting operations in diverse, global organizations while providing quality customer service.
Skills : Account Reconciliation and Analysis Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook Familiar with residual payouts to representatives Merchant Underwriting Data Entry.
- Providing advice and guidance to clients on general accounting and accounts receivable questions and issues.
- Evaluating the payments, compiling and endorsing checks, preparing the deposit documentation, scanning checks into Cashpro.
- Reviewing A/R performance matrix and working with colleagues to meet cash clearing expectations.
- Following the generally accepted account principles (GAAP), county policies procedures, state and federal guidelines and laws.
- Reviewing the invoices, verifying the accuracy of items and amounts, verifying coding to correct budget accounts and GL accounts, obtaining approvals from the appropriate Program Manager.
- Matching all relevant backup material according to GAAP and county administrative procedures.
- Prioritizing the invoice processing to avoid late fees and penalties and to avoid disruption of services or goods delivery.
- Negotiating with vendors to resolve disputes and correct invoices and to avoid late fees. Ensuring payment processing in a timely manner.
- Following up on credit balances owed, ensuring credits are received in a timely manner, processing credit invoices, adjustments, and discounts.
Finance Specialist I Resume
Summary : Finance Specialist I with over 13 years of experience in leading FP & Accounting activities, conducting variance analysis, developing external benchmarking analysis, building complex financial models, and driving strategic recommendations to VP level management. Recognized with 20 different corporate level awards for creating, developing and executing strategies resulting in $1B in savings.
Skills : Advanced Financial Modeling, FP&A, Variance Analysis, Managing Multiple Projects, Leading International Teams, Strategic Analysis, Supplier Health Assessment, Financial Statement Analysis, Should Cost Modeling, And Bench Marking Analysis
- Created and drove the supplier ecosystem strategy, and strategic cost reduction projects for $ billion negotiations with key suppliers.
- Cultivated internal and external relationships to assess supplier health, and develop complex should cost models to reach favorable negotiations.
- Developed and executed a ramp plan, provided a performance review and communicated offer decision as part of supervising MBA intern on a complex strategic project.
- Introduced and successfully applied Stanford Decision Quality (DQ) advanced financial modeling techniques to drive $1 billion in potential savings across various supplier contracts and new technology investment decisions.
- Created, developed and executed several unique negotiation strategies for first of kind cutting edge tools that would enable Intel's Next Generation technology resulting in $50m in savings.
- Introduced creative solutions that were escalated to senior management and directly influenced suppliers.
- Created, developed and executed several competitive sourcing strategies and spare part strategies directly with supplier executives to drive $305m in savings across various key negotiations.
- Developed and applied new, advanced simulation-based labor and spare part should cost models that were instrumental in amending multiple contracts to include favorable discount options driving $250m in savings.
Student Finance Specialist Resume
Summary : Student Finance Specialist with an outstanding 13-year track record in administration and management Strong communicator, effective with personnel at all organizational levels Creative, a tenacious leader with expert analytic and problem-solving skills Solid verbal and written communication skills including being a good listener. Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Accounting, Management, Financial Analysis, Forecasting, Budgeting, Research Administration
- Responsible to assist in determining and obtaining appropriate funding for new students.
- Responsible for maintaining the goals of compliance, customer service, and cash flow.
- Assisting the current and re-entry students in re-applying for and securing funding to cover educational expenses.
- Working with students to secure and package third party/scholarship funding and provide required documentation to agencies to ensure timely payments are received by the college.
- Following-up with continuing students to collect all required documentation to complete the financial aid awarding process.
- Scanning and uploading the approved financial aid files and additional requested documentation for all students.
- Providing the entrance and exit counseling at appropriate times to encourage responsible debt management and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Encouraging and processing the timely student payments and assisting the Director in the reconciliation of cash box and submit daily reports to prospect.
- Adhering to regulations as set forth by governing agencies and institutional policies.
- Advising the students on the consequences of schedule changes as they apply to financial aid awards.
- Advising continuing and re-entry students who have questions about their eligibility, available funding, stipends, etc.
Finance Specialist (Contract) Resume
Summary : Self-motivated Finance Specialist with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills. Background includes strong qualifications in financial analysis and decision making. Adapts quickly to challenges and changing environments.
Skills : Excellent Microsoft Word, Outlook, Printshop, Papersoft, Accpac And Great Plains Moderate Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint And Quickbooks
- Correcting, printing, processing, and reconciling a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billing, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, vendor statements, and journal vouchers.
- Acquiring all necessary management approvals for any invoices, documents, outside contractors, and employee reimbursements.
- Preparing and processing documents to disburse funds, making banking deposits and preparing reports.
- Posting all financial data to the appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system.
- Responsible for providing auditors with any/all necessary documentation.
- Reviewing all online banking information daily for changes/ reconciliations.
- Corresponding with all vendors/clients to answer questions and inquiries.
- Working daily with global accountant handling intercompany accounting and processing for UK, Hong Kong, and Australia.
- Accompanying seminars/events team to annual conferences in Orlando/Chicago.
Project Finance Specialist Resume
Summary : Project Finance Specialist with eleven years of office work experience. Excellent customer service skills with internal and external. Very knowledgeable in Human Resource, Finance, General Accounting, Payroll and office procedures. Key strengths include extensive computer skills, high energy level, self-directed, increasing level of project management responsibilities and continually building leadership and managerial skills for the future.
Skills : PeopleSoft, FMS 8.8, HCM 8.9, Kronos Timekeeper, Software 6.0, Hyperion, Microsoft Suite
- Working within a specialized function, processing PeopleSoft transactions involving Human Capital Management (HRMS) and Financial Management Systems (FMS) along with administrative processes.
- Demonstrating the ability to analyze, resolve work problems to effectively deliver information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers to maintain the integrity of the data.
- Responsible for HR procedures related to employee appointment and maintenance transactions.
- Serving as liaison to staff in other human resources, payroll, and other support areas.
- Interacting with customers towards effective issue resolution and assists with questions regarding policies, procedures, and operations of the entity.
- Identifying operational problems and implementing changes to provide solutions.
- Coordinating information to maintain departmental budget tables and funding of positions within PeopleSoft human capital management system.
- Maintaining the departmental reconciliation and analysis of commitments made through the entity.
- Assisting in wire transfer of funds to the Austin entities for the treasury team.
Finance Specialist II Resume
Summary : Accounting professional with over 10+ years of experience in full scale domestic and international Accounts Payable, including vendor management, invoice coding and processing, month end close, cash forecasting, SOX compliance, internal and external audits, and system implementations. Detail oriented with the ability to work independently with a high level of initiative and problem-solving.
Skills : AP And AR Processing, Account Reconciliation, Month End/ Year End Close, Financial Analysis, General Ledger, P&L Statement Generation, Business Performance Improvement, Procurement Card Administration, Exceptional Excel, Precise, Detail-oriented, Team Player
- Responsible for processing, managing and reconciling all accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Processing and coding vendor’s invoice, credit card statements and employee’s expense reimbursement to the appropriate general ledger to accounts payable including issue 1099s and applying deposits and reconciliation of accounts receivable.
- Working with the Finance Director projecting budget and expenditures for state and federal grants exceeding more than 1.5 million in revenue from the Sacramento County.
- Prepare and monitoring comprehensive analysis reports showing a comparison between expenditures and budgets.
- Preparing and submitting the cost allocation report to the Sacramento mental health and alcohol and drug division, which includes the reconciliation of disbursements and expenditures in accordance with the funded approved grant.
- Utilizing a web-based management system used by Sacramento county, responsible for submitting, monitoring, making any adjustment, and reconciling of monthly billing and payments in accordance with approved state and federal grant/budgeting.
- Verifying the monthly client’s medical eligibility status and coordinate with the medical office for the removal of erroneous addition insurance if applicable, and updating the client’s financial eligibility records accordingly.
Finance Specialist II Resume
Summary : Finance Specialist II with 16 years of progressive experience in Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), and Financial Control. Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers. Possesses excellent people, analytical, organizational, negotiation and time management skills. Proficient and English and Spanish oral and written.
Skills : Journal Entries Reporting, Account Reconciliations, Sarbanes-Oxley Internal Controls (SOX), Vendor Management Systems, Testing Collections, Training and Facilitation, AR/AP Maintenance, Research and Analysis, Departmental Liaison, Forecasting.
- Managed, analyzed, researched and collected from vendors in debt balances. Significantly increased working capital by communicating and acting quickly.
- Reviewed daily payment activity to vendors. Reconciled trial balances and liability account.
- Prepared information for month end closing such as journal entries for debit balance reserve, intercompany transactions and quarterly reclass of debit balance into A/R.
- Prepared invoices and claims for vendors. Implemented a collection strategy and achieved a debit balance reduction of 40% by collecting payments of $8. 0m annually from vendors in a debit balance.
- Successfully managed vendor daily payment activity of $172m, weekly and prevented erroneous and unauthorized payments.
- Discovered $2.9M error for debits processed incorrectly to vendors by intense research.
- Reconciled liability account with the annual activity of $2m and eliminated errors.
- Extensive experience handling a variety of difficult suppliers through various levels of communications.
Finance Specialist Resume
Headline : Finance Specialist with 6+ years of experience in accounting and budgeting. Highly organized and detailed oriented individual with expertise in financial planning, reporting, and analysis. Practical skills working with private, non-profit, and multicultural entities. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Skills : MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Word, MS Outlook, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Cognos, Great Plains, Hyperion Essbase, AOPS, Total Document Management (TDM).
- Maintaining books and records on an accrual basis in accordance with GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles) resulting in a clean external audit for three consecutive years.
- Responsible for producing monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements; ensuring that are received by management CFO in a timely manner.
- Helping the organization to accelerate month-end close and payroll processing by up 20% while reducing errors and increasing accuracy.
- Ensuring that all policies, controls, and procedures are compliant with the process of preparing the financial statements and compilations.
- Collecting and processing all the necessary data (swap, bank statements, sales, expenses, allocations, etc. ) to prepare the monthly statements.
- Preparing asset and liability schedules and ensure they properly booked and reconciled.
- Create and maintain budgets for current grants and contracts; receiving, calculating and distributing funds as per contract guidelines.
Sr. Finance Specialist Resume
Summary : Finance specialist with 10+ years of experience in preparing and posting journal entries, perform monthly reconciliations of assigned accounts with ledger accounts, and all online banking needs like ACH, stop payment, direct deposits, account receivable accounts payable and participating in the month-end close process.
Skills : Credit Analysis, Customer Relationship Management, Management, Budgeting, Leasing, Yardi, Process Improvements, Project Management
- Created and maintained a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Instituted a brand new scanning system for the management of production, inventory and quality controls.
- Oversaw the accounting operations of the main and subsidiary company including the control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensured accounts payable paid in a timely manner, accounts receivable collected promptly.
- Maintained chart of accounts, orderly accounting filing system and a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Procured raw materials, both domestic and international, based on current demand.
- Forecasted demand, inventory on hand and production schedule at all five co-manufacturers.
- Improved the existing procedures for outgoing and incoming resources and track inventory at all facilities.
- Worked with the quality assurance department regarding SQF requirements.
Finance Specialist (Contractor) Resume
Objective : Result-oriented Finance Specialist with over 2 years of experience in the accounting and finance field with solid interpersonal skills and cross-functional in all phases of Financial Reporting and Analysis. Core competencies include Income Statement & Balance Sheet Preparation, Variance Analysis, SOX Compliance Analysis, Implementation of new Accounting Systems, Streamlining and Process Flow Improvement, ISO 9000 Compliance.
Skills : Microsoft Office Applications, Financial Reporting, Oral Communication, Written Communication, Loan Processing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Strategic Business Planning
- Interfacing frequently within the functional area as well as with information management groups which operate in North America and 3rd party software support vendors as required.
- Acting as key business support for financial reporting including efiw unit and financial submissions.
- Supporting the monthly close, sub-ledger coordination, and schedule covering multi-region and systems.
- Providing analysis and input regarding Xerox Wilsonville financial systems as required.
- Facilitating the communication between finance and accounting system users and IT business analysts.
- Supporting the finance and accounting system implementations, improvements/upgrades, and maintenance projects.
- Preparing the detailed documentation and testing the scripts for department procedures.
- Providing system training to F&A user community and assist in the cultivation of f&a system understanding throughout the entire organization.
- Preparing and auditing the system processing in a multicurrency ERP environment.
- Reporting and financial systems analysis. Supporting the data flow between Oracle and Non-Oracle applications, identifying and resolving data flow issues.