Accounting Analyst Resume
Summary : An Accounting Professional with proven results at two Fortune 500 companies in Accounting, Auditing and Procurement functions specializing in Telecommunications/Technology Analysis and Planning. An assertive self-starter, able to be a productive member of any team environment. Proven conflict management and problem resolution skills. An effective team leader in a professional environment. Able to work under pressure and focus on meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Skills : Quickbooks, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Customer Relationship Management, Account Reconciliation, Recruiting.
- Responsible for auditing all telecommunications invoices to ensure charges are in compliance with contractual agreements from all telecom vendors and IT related purchases - both hardware and software licensing.
- Work closely with various groups within Ryland Homes to gather Statement of Work (SOW) requirements, manage/monitor vendors to ensure timely delivery of services, validate expenses and equipment in use for appropriate G/L records and US GAAP compliance as well as provide ad hoc reporting.
- Mining of financial and operational data for variance analysis, account reconciliation and reporting.
- Assist with IT asset management and appropriate financial reporting for accurate reporting - operating/capitalization of equipment, services and leases.
- Adhere to strict procurement guidelines in keeping with SOX compliance while improving and documenting processes, workflows and procedures.
- Daily management of vendor relationships for 400 remote locations and 1,000 employees and ensuring accurate chargeback to cost centers.
- Resolve incoming customer generated work orders, internal and external - purchase, repair, troubleshooting.
Bachelor's In Accounting
Customer Accounting Analyst Resume
Objective : Highly qualified Accounting Analyst with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Computer Skills: Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Quickbooks, Asset Keeper Pro, SAP, CashPro.
- Managed Monthly Close Process, Capital Expenditures, Purchasing Requisitions, ad hoc reporting for Engineering Division at Powertrain Headquarters.
- Primary Finance person for the Engineering Division's month end close process, which includes preparing ledger entries, income statement analysis, confirming intercompany balances, and reconciling variances to ensure successful close.
- Consistently met the Company's reporting and timing requirements for the Engineering Division despite significant increased program growth and transactional volume for this division.
- Managed intercompany invoicing to internal entities as well as create invoicing for external customers derived from purchase orders.
- Managed Reporting for various projects analyzing labor and material costs to the various Program Managers.
- Processed engineering requisitions ensuring charges allocated to correct cost centers.
- Participated in the Division's implementation of two additional SAP modules to improve the tracking and reporting of the various program expenses.
- Provided ad-hoc reporting to Corporate Headquarters.
B.B.A. In Accounting
Associate Accounting Analyst Resume
Headline : Experienced Leader with a strong background in state and federal regulatory compliance, quality assurance, project management, product analysis, supply chain, procurement, income tax law, banking industry compliance and building relationships with internal and external partners. Skilled in clarifying issues, advocating solutions, mobilizing cross-functional teams, and facilitating decision-making in complex situations.
Skills : Microsoft 2007 Certification: Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Manage all Federal and State regulatory filings to ensuring adherence for all three companies under the parent company umbrella: SEC filings of Forms such as 10-Q, 10-K and 11-K financial reports; and state licenses.
- Prepare the regulatory-statutory blue book reports, the variable statutory green book and other regulatory-statutory filings as required.
- In addition, prepare monthly financial reports for accounting and finance management.
- Assist in the creation of Board Report information on a quarterly basis and assist the financial reporting team as necessary.
- Perform various day-to-day activities in support of a variety of accounting systems and processes.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly and quarterly group financial statements as well as complete additional monthly information for internal management uses.
- Assist the Senior Vice President, Finance and CFO, the Vice President and Controller and the AVP, Assistant Controller with various projects and responsibilities as needed.
- Perform general day-to-day accounting activities, ad-hoc analyses.
AA In Liberal Arts
Senior Accounting Analyst Resume
Summary : Energetic, reliable, professional person seeking a challenging, rewarding position. Looking to relocate and would like to find a fit that utilizes my current set of skills, while allowing me the opportunity to grow and learn. I am an enthusiastic and high energy person. I have a positive team attitude and would like to demonstrate these skills and talents to your company.
Skills : Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Provided and administered promotional and rebate activities supporting seven Account Executives for National customers which include, Walgreens, Dollar General, 7-Eleven, Menards, and several other accounts.
- Created process improvement spreadsheet to maintain and track accruals versus actual invoiced amount saving approximately 20 hours in general labor monthly.
- Recorded and logged national monthly accrual spreadsheet to ensure estimated payments are made accordingly for approximately $3,000,000.00 per month.
- Managed and maintained all new and existing customer set ups for national accounts working with corporate data management team.
- Researched account receivables and account payables for discrepancies and/or inquiries.
- Compiled and analyzed monthly sales reports.
- Sales Assistant Provided exceptional support to the National Sales Manager by including travel arrangements, planning events, creating PowerPoint presentations, and generating monthly sales reports.
- Managed national price groups for Walgreens accounts.
Junior Accounting Analyst Resume
Objective : Seeking a position in business administration with a company that will allow me to fully utilize my communication, organizational, and problem solving skills and enhance the customer service quality to a wide range of retailers and suppliers.
Skills : Report Research and Development, Project analysis,.
- Assumed the role of Controller for the Wood Capabilities Strategic Team by helping increase production capacity over prior years.
- Understood who the suppliers are, what lead times are, processes and time for each stage of production.
- Helped to create quality improvements and increase profit margins.
- Maintained an accurate understanding of material cost drivers based on volume, inflation, product mix, and savings initiatives.
- Presented a monthly summary to leadership to discuss variances while offering explanations and possible recommendations.
- Developed and communicate a policy for cost updates and maintain ownership of cost rolls.
- Responsible for the monthly close process of the Temple manufacturing plant; processing all journal entries, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, build tools/reports to review work and identify anomalies from prior year, budget, and expectations.
- Reported all variance analysis to the leadership team with updates and recommendations.
Master Of Science
Accounting Analyst I Resume
Objective : To obtain a position in a Company with challenging career opportunities in the field of business communication and technology, that will utilize my current knowledge and skills to further the goals of an organization and that will promote my personal growth and professional advancement.
Skills : Accounting, Auditing, Researching, Reconciliations, Collections, Excellent Customer Service, Ability to Learn New Software w/Ease, Executive Assistant.
- Supported Finance Department to ensure company data warehousing and payment systems performed exceptionally.
- Provided spreadsheet analysis, of diverse sales and commission payments weekly.
- Resulting in million dollar payment reconciliations monthly.
- Responsible for knowledge of sales compensation plans and impact of adjustment, within the commission system.
- Administered roughly 5 million dollars of commission payments monthly, across various incentive contract plans.
- Utilized several query base data systems to run and build queries, to identify and research contract integrity and billing discrepancies issues.
- Provided meticulous spreadsheet analysis on large volumes of current and historical payment data, to validate commission payout accuracy and identify any systematic payment issues, past or present.
- Used Microsoft Access queries and Excel data manipulation skills to research, analyze and resolve various intricate financial and system performance issues.
Bachelor Of Science
Accounting Analyst II Resume
Objective : Detail-oriented and organized professional who possesses strong problem solving skills. Experienced in preparing financial statements, monitoring daily cash transactions, developing annual budgets, and recording all financial activity. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Skills : Quickbooks, Oracle, As400.
- Accounting analyst responsible for monitoring vendor AP as well as client services and invoicing.
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable (full cycle).
- Develop and manage financial and operational reports to support the organization's financial reporting needs and to ensure that information is reported in a format that is consistent with the department standards, is accurate and meets the needs of the users.
- Organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Assumes responsibility for performing assigned accounting and related data mining functions.
- Communicate professionally both verbally and via email across departments and with clients and vendors.
- Process a large variety of documents, reports and records.
- Assume responsibility for effectively researching, tracking and resolving accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
BS In Accounting
Assistant Accounting Analyst Resume
Headline : Versatile professional seeking role in a dynamic company. 12+ years of sales experience, 6 years in oil and gas industry. Broad knowledge of upstream oil and gas industry (in domestic and international markets). Skill set includes; forensic accounting, sales, & ensuring compliance with government rules and regulations. Prior experience has validated my effectiveness in developing strategies, exceeding targets, discerning new opportunities, communicating and motivating others.
Skills : Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Proven.
- Provided financial monitoring and federal grant oversight services to ensure eligible spending, documents grant expenses in accordance with guideline.
- Audited multimillion dollar projects in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Assist with financial compliance and program management, review eligible/ineligible expenses, collect and review compliance documentation.
- Business planning, financial control over all types of costs entries for project, measure actual performance against the budget in terms of quantities and value.
- Analyze the data for expected work to be performed and compare them with actual work performed to measure the progress.
- Determine the value of the remaining work and forecasting the final cost for individual item and total project, reconcile necessary payments.
- Performed data and process analysis into comprehensive monthly reports in order to implement action plans including reconciliation based on analysis.
MS In Finance
Financial Accounting Analyst Resume
Summary : Highly educated professional responsible for weekly project reports, monthly project analysis, annual reports and presentations for project managers. Versatile and accomplished in financial analysis with specialized skills in accurately evaluating and codifying financial statements. Demonstrated excellence in meticulously analyzing, reporting, and consolidating financial data, ensuring that the full life cycle of financial management responsibilities is covered and risk is mitigated.
Skills : Quickbooks, Excel, Budgeting, Cost Accounting.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Code documents according to company procedures.
Certificate In Accounting
Accounting Analyst III Resume
Summary : A seasoned professional with over 15 years of accounting and administrative experience; extensive knowledge in a variety of software packages; a sound decision maker who works well independently or in a team environment.
Skills : IProcurement, IExpense, Discoverer.
- Audit and processed approximately $14 million in annual spend, 300 invoices monthly.
- Created and maintained data repository for paid items to circuit level.
- Managed vendor relations to facilitate vendor disputes, leading to over $1 million recovered.
- Created and uploaded general ledger journal entries of various types.
- Collaborated with project teams to insure billing structures were set up before the project began, thus limiting the number of circuit moves and billing errors.
- Created and presented a training session to non-finance project personnel on the importance of billing structure and correct billing set-up.
- Created and presented a training session to the finance group on internal provisioning and inventory system, including process documentation.
- Collaborated with the development team to create the necessary finance interfaces with the provisioning system.
High School Diploma
Audit/Accounting Analyst Resume
Summary : To obtain a position with your company that will allow me to use my education and professional background to advance your interests and goals, while proving myself to be a valuable asset by excelling in everything I set out to accomplish.
Skills : Excel.
- Helped manage a service for our prepaid cardholders to request convenience checks be created and mailed out on their behalf, resulting in the printing and mailing of over 4,000 checks per month.
- Executed and prepared daily journal entries for bank transfers resulting from cardholder convenience checks.
- Assisted in the daily maintenance of an internal outstanding check database, containing over 100,000 outstanding cardholder checks.
- Responded promptly to ah hoc requests directly from CEO and COO in a dynamic team environment.
- Monitored funding account transactions within multiple sponsoring banks on a daily basis.
- Performed monthly and quarterly audits on funding accounts accurately and efficiently.' - Reconciled and validated 20+ monthly bank statements to General Ledger.
- Assisted sponsoring banking institutions in recognizing fraud & identity theft situations.
BS In Accounting
Accounting Analyst Resume
Objective : Highly motivated, strong planner, and problem solver who readily adapts to change, works independently and exceeds expectations. Able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality.
Skills : SAP business management software Bloomberg Certified.
- Utilized MicroControl to prepare and analyze monthly financial statements for companies including discontinued, investing, and real estate operations.
- Prepared consolidated tax financial statements including footnote disclosure for Tenneco's Canadian operations.
- Analyzed budget and actual data from all divisions including revenue, headcount, operating income, cash flow, debt to capital ratios, net income and capital expenditures.
- Prepared presentations for management to use in board of director, monthly business report, and operations review meetings.
- Assisted in the preparations of the Management and Discussion Analysis section in the 10-Q, 10-K, and annual report.
- Prepared, edited, and assisted in the design of the 1995 Statistics Book.
- Assisted in the preparation of procedures for the new information system, SAP.