Patient Care Assistant II Resume
Summary : 13+ years of experience as a Patient Care Assistant. Compassionate Nursing Assistant adept at bathing, grooming and feeding elderly and disabled patients. Familiar with advanced medical terminology and procedures. Advanced in Phlebotomy and collecting data to be sent to the lab.
Skills : CPR/First Aid Certified, Adaptable, Dementia and Alzheimer's Knowledge, Dedicated Hospice Care Provider, Patient-focused Care, Trustworthy Companion, Tubule Feedings, and Medications Familiarity, Companionship, and Emotional Support, and Compassionate Caregiver.
- Maintaining accurate records of patient care, condition, progress, and concerns.
- Responding appropriately to the physical, emotional and developmental needs of patients.
- Obtaining information about clients' medical history, drug history, complaints, and allergies.
- Assisting patients with bathing, oral hygiene, grooming, feeding, and elimination.
- Helping patients move in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, and automobiles.
- Performing clerical duties, such as word processing, data entry, answering phones and filing.
- Following safe lifting techniques and individual resident lifting instructions.
- Transporting patients to other areas of the hospital in wheelchairs and gurneys.
- Supporting duties for diagnostic and technical treatment procedures, such as setting up and operating special medical equipment and apparatus.
- Performing procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, including blood draws, foley catheter removal and EKGs.
Patient Care Assistant I Resume
Objective : 3 years of experience as a Patient Care Assistant. Looking to gain full-time employment in a well-known company and have opportunities for advancement.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Computer, Xerox, Graphing, Multi-Tasking, Hoyt Lift, Lift Patients, Cooking, Cleaning, Customer Service, Compassionate, Willing To Learn, Integrity, and Manually Taking Vital Signs.
- On the job training of new employees for my shift, help order supplies for the unit, imputing time sheets, conducting therapeutic groups and observing patient responses to group activities for a 14-bed unit.
- Took vital signs and monitor patients for any signs of abnormalities.
- Took Accuchecks for the diabetic patients on the unit and reporting all findings to my rn.
- Accountable to make sure the unit is properly stocked with supplies and decontaminated before the end of my shift.
- Ensure that patients are comfortable and help with making sure they have proper hygiene products.
- Change out pts into scrubs during admission to ensure patient and facility security and safety.
- Watch over our new staff at night and train new employees on policies and procedures of the facility.
- Worked multiple shifts to make sure the unit is properly staffed.
- Excellent customer service skills as evidence of high customer satisfaction and positive feedback.
- Have been awarded customer service awards through the state of Oklahoma for my service to the patients.
Patient Care Assistant I Resume
Objective : Diligent and reliable with an Administrative background seeking to apply my 4+ years of clerical skills, patient and customer experience and expertise in the health care industry as a Patient Care Assistant to a position with a strong and growing company.
Skills : Customer Experience, Cash Handling, Medical Terminology, Phlebotomy, EKG, EHR, Specimen Collection, Regulatory Compliance, Patient Care, Vital Signs, Time Management, CPR, and American Sign Language.
- Primarily responsible for providing health care to patients.
- Participating in data collection, planning and implementation of patient care.
- Providing a summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this position and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Performing clinical procedures within the scope of practice.
- Performing phlebotomy, Glucometry and EKG procedures and collects specimens, weights, vital signs, EKG, pregnancy tests, UA, phlebotomy, etc.), documents and communicates information to the team.
- Assisting health care team and other units in an appropriate manner to meet patient needs.
- Communicating with or control, holding areas, or scheduling and other departments to promote the preparation and care of surgical patients.
- Demonstrating the ability to accurately use patient care, care manager and RESQ-or systems.
- Maintaining responsibility for ongoing educational development through active participation in unit-based and hospital-wide education/training programs.
Patient Care Assistant I Resume
Objective : 3+ years of experience as a Patient Care Assistant. Fast-learning recent CNA graduate is enthusiastic about working in a hospital or clinic setting. Energetic Home Health Aide licensed in the state of Texas. Current certifications in CPR and BCLS. Seeking a hospice care provider role. A medical student who is completing coursework and continuing into the residency stage. Dedicated professional interested primarily in geriatrics.
Skills : Medical Terminology Knowledge, Mobility Assistance, Transportation, Trained In Grooming And Bathing Assistance, Documentation Procedures, Expert Respiratory Equipment, Training.
- Observing and documenting patient status and reporting patient complaints to the case manager.
- Massaging patients and applying preparations and treatments, such as liniment, alcohol rubs and heat-lamp stimulation.
- Completing and submitting clinical documentation in accordance with agency guidelines.
- Planning, preparing and serving meals and snacks according to prescribed diets.
- Directing patients in the prescribed range of motion exercises and in the use of braces or artificial limbs.
- Assisting with transferring residents in and out of wheelchairs and adaptive equipment.
- Keeping the facility stocked with necessary supplies, equipment, and instruments.
- Charting daily information on the residents such as mood changes, mobility activity, eating percentages, and daily inputs and outputs.
- Recognizing and reporting abnormalities and/or changes in patients' health status to nursing staff.
- Exhibiting compassionate care and communication with regard to issues of death and dying.
Patient Care Assistant III Resume
Summary : 25+ years of experience as a Patient Care Assistant. Looking to obtain a position in the that will utilize my education, experience, and my desire to be part of the team.
Skills : Medical Assisting, Certified Nursing Assistant, Customer Service, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, EKGs, Phlebotomy, CPR Certified, Urinalysis, Receptionist, Scheduling, Medical Terminology, Medical Records, HIPAA, Documentation, Excel, First Aid, and Faxing.
- Providing nursing assistance in long term acute care medical-surgical and ICU units, assisting with transferring patients, assist nurse with wound dressings.
- Assisting nurse with placement's of foleys, assist the nurse with placing IV's, Vital signs, charting on patient's, caring for patients on ventilators, mobility.
- Collecting lab samples, obtaining daily weights, turning patient's using a special wedge, etc.
- Organize all clerical functions of the nursing units, including communication, record keeping, logs, and patient information.
- Notifying the nursing staff and/or charge nurse in a timely manner of pertinent patient information, including physician orders, laboratory or test results, and communication from other departments.
- Ensuring the correct transcription of orders in the patient charts, filing of all reports, and arranging for transportation and follow-up/outside tests.
- Identifying basic and lethal rhythms, maintain EKG monitor alarms on, identify an artifact, and respond to all alarms and immediately notify licensed nurses of significant change, condition, or rhythm.
- Running EKG strips every shift as well as providing an initial EKG interpretation including rate, rhythm, PR, QRS, QTI, ST segment, and T wave alterations.
Patient Care Assistant Resume
Headline : 5+ years of experience as a Patient Care Assistant. As I am a good team player, my aim would be to work in a team as well as independently to achieve my goals or objectives. Bringing personal care expertise and special skills pertaining to basic nursing activities to provide a home-like feel to residents.
Skills : Customer Service, Compassionate, Willing To Learn, Integrity, Manually Taking Vital Signs, Patient Care, Interpersonal, Critical Thinking, and Medical Terminology.
- Communicating with all residents effectively including the maintenance and the fitting of hearing aids and glasses as required.
- Assisting those residents' with challenging behaviors, by participation in the development and implementation of an individually designed management plan.
- Maximizing the residents' physical function by assisting with rehabilitative treatment such as physiotherapy exercises.
- Assisting with treatments, such as simple dressings, application of ointments and creams and undertaking basic observations as required.
- Assisting the nursing staff by observing and reporting promptly any changes in the condition or well being of residents.
- Assisting residents with medication as directed by the clinical manager or his/her delegate and maintenance of competency in the safe administration of medications.
- Ensuring the resident's privacy, dignity and respect are maintained at all times.
Patient Care Assistant II Resume
Summary : 7+ years of experience as a Patient Care Assistant. An experienced and dedicated Health Care Professional with an excellent record of safe and efficient service, where: positivity, dedication, loyalty, and efficiency have always embraced my personality. Ability to always multitask effectively and precisely, in accordance with the guidelines.
Skills : Microsoft Words, Excel, and PowerPoint, etc., Epic, PCR, Cashier, Customer Service, Patient Care, and Secretarial, Management.
- Adhering to professional standards, policies, procedures and local requirements.
- Communicating with the patient to ascertain feelings or need for assistance, social and emotional support.
- Observing patient to detect symptoms that may require medical attention, such as bruises and open wounds.
- Assisting patients in daily living activities by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Providing patients with emotional support and instruction to adapt to disability or illness.
- Directing patients in simple prescribed exercises or in the use of braces or artificial limbs.
- Recording and maintaining patient information, such as vital signs, behavior, progress and discharge plans.
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following ASEPSIS standards and procedures.
- Entertaining, conversing with, or reading aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) Resume
Summary : 7+ years of experience as a Patient Care Assistant. Looking to support the growth and profitability of an organization that provides challenge, encourages advancement, and rewards achievement with the opportunity to utilize my substantial experience, skills, and proven abilities as a Licensed Practical nurse.
Skills : NG, Nephrostomy, Gastro Tubes Cast Care, Pin Care, Traction Care IV Lines, Culture, and Sensitivity, Rehabilitation, Support Functions, Finger Sticks, Psychiatric, Basic Care Wound, and Burn Care, Private Duty Nursing Labor, and Delivery Observation, Private Duty Care, Plan Development, Post-partum, New-born Nursery Family, Aide, and LPN Care Integration.
- Assisting with toileting skin care to maintain the health of the skin range of motion (ROM) and muscle strengthening exercises to maintain an optimal level of functioning.
- Application and maintenance of prosthetics and orthotics dressing or undressing of the client(s) assistance with eating, meal preparation and grocery shopping accompanying to medical appointments assisting.
- Performing direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs, assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and obtaining certain lab specimens.
- Charting observations and activities, reporting pertinent changes in the patient's condition.
- Performing delegated or other specialized functions as educationally prepared.
- Ordering, receiving and storing supplies and performs basic clerical functions.
- Participating in follow-up activities and tracking clients, schedules appointments and performs other related tasks.
- Providing case finding and recruitment of at-risk persons for comprehensive health services.
- Keeping family members up to date on the residents and what was going on with them.
Patient Care Assistant Resume
Summary : 11+ years of experience as a Patient Care Assistant. A hardworking, goal oriented, team-spirited individual seeking to utilize skills and experience to contribute to the growth and success of your organization.
Skills : Caring and Hardworking, Excellent Interpersonal Communication, Customer Service, and Office Support, Great Working Knowledge Of Microsoft Office, Internet, and Trained In CPR/First Aid.
- Providing a safe and securing environment for patients and staff in both individual and group settings.
- Collaborating in day-to-day planning/development of patient programming and implementation of patient programs. This can include bathing, shaving, washing hands, styling hair, using the bathroom, dressing, etc. ) performs household duties such as cleaning, cooking, and laundry.
- Documenting all progress notes, medication administration, and any other relevant information, reporting any immediate concerns according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible to monitor for and report to the rn any potential risk to patient safety that could lead to an adverse outcome. This includes incident reports, infection control reports, shift reports, etc.
- Responsible to role model the mission and values of the organization through appropriate social behavior and problem-solving.
- Providing spiritual, emotional, social, mental, and physical support to patients.
- Interviewing patients to obtain medical information, weight and height measurements and vital signs.
- Assisting the front desk secretary by answering telephone calls and patients call lights.
- Evaluating patient care needs, prioritize treatment and maintained patient flow.
- Protecting the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
Patient Care Assistant I Resume
Headline : 6+ years of experience as a Patient Care Assistant. Looking to secure a job in the healthcare field which allows the use of my skills and education, provides additional opportunities for growth and offers room for advancement.
Skills : Enthusiastic Caregiver, Practiced Inpatient and Outpatient Caregiver, Qualified In Specimen Collection/Processing, Patient Positioning, Talent In Obtaining/Charting Vital Signs, CPR/BLS Certified, and Patient Family Focused.
- Answering patient call signals, signal lights, bells, or intercom systems to determine patients' needs.
- Providing physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, walking, standing, and exercising.
- Reviewing patients' dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences to ensure patient receives appropriate diet.
- Measuring and recording food and liquid intake or urinary and fecal output, reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
- Recording vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate, as directed by medical or nursing staff.
- Gathering information from nurses or physicians about patient condition, treatment plans, or appropriate activities.
- Observing or examining patients to detect symptoms that may require medical attention, such as bruises, open wounds, or blood in the urine.
- Document or otherwise report observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
- Performing healthcare-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication, under the direction of registered nurses or physiotherapists.
- Providing patients and families with emotional support and instruction in areas such as care, living independently and adapting to disability or illness.