Financial Controller Resume
Headline : To obtain a position with a company that will enable me to use my strong customer service skills, the ability to work well with others & in stressful situations and possessing strong team player skills that would benefit any employer. I will contribute greatly to any position. Displays professional image and possess a high degree of integrity.
Skills : 4th Shift, Quickbooks, MS Office, SAP, Quicken, Peoplesoft.
- Headed the accounting department and reformed the reporting schedules to make it functional and useable.
- Lead the charge in creating monthly financial records in accordance with IFRS and GAAP, created and maintained Receivables, Sales, and Variance Analysis reports to ensure all key financial objectives were met.
- Designed, maintained, and evaluated the company's Internal Control system to ensure strict adherence to Policies and Procedures and instituted measures that closed any deficiency gap that may exist.
- Coordinated collection of outstanding receivables and devised a new system that ensured receivables dropped by 50% thereby increasing cash-flow.
- Designed and maintained an overall analysis tracking Operational and Marketing expenses and provided management with reports and recommendations on expenses to incur based on cash flow analysis.
- On a daily basis analyzed, sales per region, dealer, and by device model to help focus company attention on areas of strength, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Evaluated and ensured strict adherence to budget by performing monthly/annual budget to actual analysis; Created personalized reports for Sales Managers to assist with understanding their territory.
- Prepared ad hoc reports for management as required and maintained daily cash position and cash forecast analysis to ensure maximization of funds usage.
Master Of Accounting
Sr. Financial Controller Resume
Headline : 10 years of solid professional experience in SAP FI/CO Module with integration to other SAP Modules. Possess very extensive knowledge with all the phases of SAP R/3 Implementation (Requirement gathering, & Blue print phase, Realization, Final preparation and Go-live phases). Post Go-live support, month end and year end closing support. As a Finance Controller possess vast experience in functional areas of Accounting, Audit, Finance, Corporate Planning and Controlling.
Skills : Possess excellent interpersonal skills to develop.
- Involved in setting up Business Strategy to achieve the shareholders objective.
- Preparation of Business planning, assessing Finance requirements, identify the sources to meet the financial requirements.
- Submitting the proposals for availing Loans from Institutions and coordinating with them to get the funding for smooth business operations.
- Involved Budgeting process and enforced strict measures to control the adverse variances achieve the maximum profitability.
- As the business success depends on the pricing, implemented very detailed elaborative workings of costing the services/products of the business.
- Monitor, supervise, control, and report on the business activities to the shareholders.
- Periodical review of the business performance and taking corrective actions to expand the operations.
B.Com In Finance
Jr. Financial Controller Resume
Summary : Financial Planning & Analysis Customer, Investor Relationships Market Research Strategic Planning & Forecasting Project Management Channel Selection & Marketing Business Development/Implementation Business Process Improvement Contract Negotiation.
Skills : Fluent In Spanish, Native Portuguese.
- Performed financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and analysis, operational management and supervision of two employees for a Virtual Private Network and Voice Communications Services provider.
- Developed financial model and budget templates and maintained financial and business model.
- Prepared and provided review of monthly management accounts using Sage Accounting software package.
- Managed challenging pre-investment start-up phase including cash flow and supplier negotiations allowing services to be offered six month earlier than forecasted.
- Financial Controller, Planned and provided project management for implementation of systems and controls for a new voice services department, improving efficiency of initiating service.
- Managed key commercial relationship with British Telecom for broadband supply, negotiating an additional six months for payment and 10% lower price for bandwidth pipe leasing contract.
- Prepared and reviewed financial documentation for angel investors contributing to closing first round of financing.
- Managed project for provisioning of a complex Virtual Private Network service rollout for a major government contract.
Financial Controller II Resume
Objective : Dedicated, trustworthy executive in the finance and accounting area of the hotel industry with expertise in teaching, training and managing my staff and other department heads in all financial matters. This has led me to be successful at exceeding the guest's expectations while controlling expenses and maintaining the budgeted profit margin. I have been particularly effective in organizing, creating and implementing policies and procedures and maintaining high standards.
Skills : Accounting, Quickbooks, Auditing.
- Managed all financial aspects for a $20M division of a Fortune 50 company, including budgeting, forecasting, long range planning, and reporting and analysis.
- Accountable for month-end processes, managing and driving reserve efficiency, revenue reporting, manufacturing cost analyses, internal controls, sales process support, and staff development.
- Reduced accounting and finance costs, and improved productivity by centralizing from two locations to one location.
- Created manufacturing cost per unit reporting, which facilitated successful meetings between the factory and product team, resulting in identified cost reductions.
- Created retrievable reports and analyses that improved the productivity of month-end financial reporting from four days to one day.
- Developed financial model for several large proposals that allowed management to offer competitive yet profitable pricing, generating increased sales for the division.
- Finance team leader for relocation of domestic factory to international factory, ensuring smooth transition to business operations.
- Recognized by senior management for leadership.
MBA In Finance
Financial Controller III Resume
Headline : As a detail-oriented professional who offers financial management acumen I look to enhance styles of management and reporting results to gain a sense of managerial ownership toward attaining budgetary financial results with consideration toward excellent service. As an ambitious, team player I plan to manage by open communication, empowerment and accountability. I have demonstrated experience managing all aspects of an accounting department to include payroll, staffing, GL reconciliation, AP and AR processing, as well as cost and variance analysis.
Skills : Proficient In All MS Word Programs And Financial/accounting Software Suites Hyperion And People Soft.
- Financial Controller Establish, and recommend to the executive team, major economic objectives and policies for company or subdivision.
- Responsible for financial direction and internal control environment.
- Lead in planning, forecasting, audit reporting and target setting for financial consistency.
- Create inventory budgets and maintaining the stock ratio of the organization.
- Direct financial activities of organization or subdivision of organization: prepare and direct preparation of, reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings, based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Direct determination depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
Financial Controller I Resume
Headline : Mature and articulate Corporate Controller with over twenty years of successful experience in positions that have allowed me to grow professionally. I have a well-rounded knowledge in accounting that has come from working in various industry types. Self-learner who can work independently and efficiently while possessing a high standard to detail.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Accounting, Hospitality, Purchasing, Financial Analysis, Financial Management, Financial Statements, Customer Service, Budgeting, Budget Management, Cash Management, Asset Management, Internal Controls.
- Managed all financial workings of a complexly structured internet marketing company that operated 6 different internet marketing campaign businesses, totaling $15 million in annual revenue.
- Implemented and established internal accounting system, which incorporated and managed over 60 subsidiary companies.
- Developed internal bank account and asset management system, resulted in increased efficiencies across 60 accounts for financial management and asset tracking.
- Implemented and facilitated payroll system, including employee tax documents for federal and state reporting requirements.
- Created and managed the accounts payable structure and process, executed across six different companies.
- Designed and built a streamlined cash flow and cash forecasting process, providing greater predictability and control.
- Generated and presented financial statements for executive board and stakeholders.
- Researched and implemented an effective sales tax management system that provided scalability and addressed the needs of an e-commerce business structure.
Bachelor Of Arts
Accountant/Financial Controller Resume
Summary : Business Acquisition Specialist: Championed efforts to significantly impact asset acquisitions with strategic perspective of identifying select assets and liabilities for transfer. Exceptional Operations Improvement: Delivered increased profitability achieved by conceptualizing and managing operational processes and procedures to standardize manufacturing functions and reduce costs.
Skills : Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premiere.
- Ensuring internal controls and GAAP compliance for the world's leading Biogas Conditioning Company.
- Reporting accurate and timely month end closes and ensures a clean year-end audit.
- Providing heightened direction to executive team as a key member with financial and operational proficiency.
- Single handedly spearheading monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting, involving all general ledger activity, including banking reconciliation, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Serving as human resources and staffing director, manages employee benefits including 401K and medical policies, processes payroll, ensures tax compliance, maintains insurance policies, implementing employee handbooks and safety manuals along with overall support for company goals and objectives.
- Streamlined financial processes and introduced process improvements to boost efficiency.
- Project management and service department support to aid in project completion.
- Mitigating risk and improving company contracts and T&C's with customer and vendor negotiations.
Asst. Financial Controller Resume
Objective : Worked as Human Resource Assistant for 2 years. Worked First Aid Suppliers as Sales Rep. Worked with Publishers as Finance and Admin Clerk. I graduated with Certificate in Business Management at Business Collage. Since I have studied Accounting and Business Management, and had experience in working with Senior Management or Reporting to Managing Director.
Skills : Foundation, QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Outlook, First Choice, WordStar, Print Master, Print Artist, Lotus 123, Framework, and Smart.
- Oversaw financial operations, including monthly closing, account reconciliation, and journal entry adjustments using QuickBooks.
- Prepared monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports summarizing and forecasting business activities and financial position; reported financial statements and further analysis to the foreign parent company.
- Spearheaded the statutory annual external audit, resulting in clean opinions.
- Participated in annual consolidation with the parent company.
- Orchestrated budget process with all departments and senior management to present the final budget for approval by the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Implemented a cash flow report to improve cash flow analysis and management of cash in and out for short- and long-term purposes.
- Managed bank relationships; opened new savings account in sweep mode to transfer excess checking balance to savings and day-end, earning substantially higher interest.
- Formalized and re-engineered procedures to ensure compliance with foreign parent's complex government accounting requirements.
Financial Controller Assistance Resume
Objective : Highly accomplished seasoned Financial Controller and Banking Officer with solid progressive experience within high profile hotel chain and leading financial institution. Repeatedly promoted into senior leadership roles based on demonstrated success in executing strategy and increasing NOI flow through. Committed to protection of business and financial assets through strategic internal controls and independent audits.
Skills : GAAP Accounting & Bookkeeping Proficient in Outlook.
- Oversaw all financial records, managed financial support staff, and prepared general ledger statements and all supporting documentation.
- Well versed in governmental procurement and establishing pricing strategies associated with defense contracting.
- Established a cost accounting system and a budgeting program to help management better implement systems, strategies, processes and controls that help improve the company's financial situation.
- Provide assistance to financial support staff regarding both accounts payable and accounts receivable issues.
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll across multiple states complying with both the Davis-Bacon Act and Service Contract Act.
- Compile and maintain all records needed to prepare monthly and quarterly payroll taxes.
- Handle relationships and reporting requirements with external auditors, various taxing agencies, licensing agencies, banks, etc.
- Computer skills include proficiency in QuickBooks, Excel, MS Office, and other miscellaneous accounting systems associated with defense contracting.
Financial Controller Secretary Resume
Objective : Strive to explore myself and apply my practical financial knowledge and skills in an international and professional environment, to gain valuable training opportunities, and to enlarge professional network.
Skills : Accounting, Administration, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Quickbooks, Data Entry, Billing, Accounts Payable, Organized, Outlook, Budgeting, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Customer Service, Filing, Inventory, Powerpoint, Typing.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives Prepare and review quarterly financial statements for lender requirements, bonding company and internally.
- Prepare monthly job costing reports for job profitability.
- Prepare and review quarterly Work in Progress reports based on percentage of completion.
- Month end review of AR, AP, Job Status and all other necessary accounts.
- Consolidate multiply entities, analyze and investigate discrepancies, on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare eliminating journal entries and reconcile intercompany accounts.
- Record and track capital assets and calculate GAAP and tax depreciation.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
Corporate Financial Controller Resume
Summary : Dynamic and highly qualified accounting professional with 15+ years of continuous and progressive experience as Financial Controller and Treasurer in a transnational manufacturing company in LATAM. Extensive knowledge and strong background in accounting principles, internal controls, taxation policies in a global environment, financial planning and audit procedures.
Skills : Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Jenark Property Software, Sage Fixed Assets, Peachtree, TValue.
- Manages and protects hotel financial assets by maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels of internal control.
- Complies with all federal, state, and local regulations, while safeguarding the owners/investors assets and focusing on the profitability of the business.
- Directs and coordinates the annual budget process for financial and capital projections.
- Develops and oversees the implementation and use of accounting audits to ensure required data, procedures and records are reviewed.
- Prepares accurate and timely cash flow statements and manages receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Performs timely profitability & evaluations.
- Ensures hotel's compliance with all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of operational taxes.
- Hires, trains, develop and review the performance of department personnel.
High School Diploma
Financial Controller/Executive Resume
Headline : Motivated skilled professional with advanced degree and a successful track record managing accounting departments for small to mid-size organizations. Results-driven team-oriented leader whose accomplishments reflect superior business acumen, financial development skills, and demonstrated commitment to organizational growth. Expert in analyzing existing operations and implementing effective systems, strategies, and processes to improve organizational performance and profitability.
Skills : MS Office, Timberline, ADP, ADP Payroll, Great Plains, Viewpoint, Quickbooks.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including consolidation of multiple partnerships and variable interest entities.
- Provide explanations and analysis of variances from budgeted expectations to company managers and executives, and when applicable, recommendations on how to improve processes or resolve issues.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for multiple banks in relation to covenant compliance and line of credit support.
- Provide historical results and support to managers for producing annual budgets and forecasts for operations and capital expenditures.
- Prepare budget and forecasts for the administrative functions.
- Prepare and maintain Ad valorem renditions and review assessments for reasonableness.
- Dispute valuations if needed and negotiate acceptable amounts.
- Attend Partnership and Senior Management meetings to provide financial information and contribute to the strategic planning of future company activities.
M.B.A. In Management