Financial Planning Analyst Resume
Summary : High-performing, strategic-thinking professional with more than thirteen years of experience in the financial services and public accounting industries with the most recent eight years focusing on AML related compliance. Highly skilled at relationship building with clients and across organizations and teams.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Including Excel, Outlook, And PowerPoint, Lotus, BNA Income Tax Planner.
- Responsible for assessing and improving FP&A reporting processes and quality.
- Developed, analyzed and reported on-going key management metrics including Return on Marketing Investment, Customer Acquisition Costs.
- Directed engagement and strategic delivery for various project initiatives, monitoring a $50Mcapital budget and provided monthly project capital forecast, reviewing for accuracy and relevance based on set targets.
- Provided financial planning and analysis to the global leadership team and 3 lines of business monthly and recommended remedial and proactive actions to maintain a plan.
- Oversaw a combined annual operating budget of $100M.
- Analyzed the P&L each month to understand monthly financial drivers for all the SG&A units, monitoring vendor contracts and accuracy of invoices before approval.
- Identified double-billing problems and contract inflations saving the company $1.2M in monthly expenses.
- Advised departmental heads on cost management and efficiency maximization.
MBA In Accounting
Sr. Financial Planning Analyst Resume
Headline : Financial Analyst for its financial planning team. The team is responsible for FP&A for all NGP businesses, including: global cable networks, magazines, digital products, travel, consumer products, and live events.
Skills : Cost Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Budgeting And Planning, Budget Controlling.
- Financial Analyst Prepare daily reports for executive officers, analyzing for accuracy and eliminating errors.
- Daily reports include workaround of building daily production, analysis of inbound/outbound units and total sales, and payroll for over 3,000 employees.
- Conduct quantitative analysis of financial data to forecast revenues, production supplies, and costs and expenses in order to maintain building operations.
- Develop detailed spreadsheets to identify trends and develop forecasts for building supplies and usage.
- Consolidate and analyze monthly results and budgets.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting on a daily basis.
- Coordinate directly with purchasing to establish, build, and maintain vendor relationships.
- Update accounts receivable/payable daily in building balance sheets, using federated budget tracking reporting (BTR).
Jr. Financial Planning Analyst Resume
Summary : Over ten years of financial services experience including seven years as back office, research, and customer support and three years of direct client sales. Works well in a multi-cultural, multi-tasking, and fast paced environment.
Skills : Financial Analysis, Financial Management.
- Designed and tested new reports utilized by finance and business units to analyze trends and assist in future planning and variance analysis using the reporting/ budgeting tool BPC.
- Greatly improved existing reports to include features such as dynamic dimensions, local and excluded members, member filtering, and axis and sorting overrides in order to find the best solution for users.
- Created and distributed monthly financial reporting to both executives and sales groups, while updating reporting documentation to reflect the status of each report.
- Coordinated with business users and the financial planning manager to produce static and ad hoc reports for business unit analysis.
- Generated all quarterly and year-end reporting.
- Performed checks to validate data quality and accuracy.
- Created and managed financial planning input templates used for forecasting purposes.
- Participated in the break back and transformation of financial data used in the planning process.
Doctoral In Research
Financial Planning Analyst III Resume
Summary : Financial Planning and Analysis professional with more than three years of consistently growing and expanding responsibilities in FP&A with a deep motivation to continue increasing in knowledge and professional advancement.
Skills : Financial Planner, Financial Analyst.
- Develop corporate monthly, annual, and 5-year revenue & operating income forecasts using historical & trend analysis.
- Coordinate program level PM Reviews.
- Prepare & publish program metrics and reports.
- Contract management procedures; Contract processes and support process improvement initiatives.
- Develop presentations & metrics for internal & external customers.
- Able to handle conflicting priorities among workgroups.
- Gathered, analyzed and interpreted financial databases to create meaningful outcomes for senior leadership.
Financial Planning Analyst II Resume
Summary : Dynamic Finance & Accounting Professional dedicated to accuracy, automation, financial control, audit compliance and performance excellence with proven analytical skills and strong computer proficiency.
Skills : SAP, BW, Business Objects, Tableau, Excel.
- Created individual aid packages for each student based on need & eligibility.
- Manage the administration of Title IV programs Collaborate with admissions to drive higher enrollments each term.
- Maintain professional and positive relationships with students and staff.
- Ensure all student files are compliant by collecting needed documents: W-2s, taxes & tax transcripts, valid government-issued identification, employment verification, TANIF & SNAP verifications.
- Collaborate with the Director of Financial Aid on a monthly basis to review performance and further identify other areas of improvement in student services.
- Accurately track students to make certain they complete all phases of the financial aid & enrollment process before starting classes.
- Received only positive monthly evaluations from the Director of Financial Aid with a minimum score of 90% or above.
- Successfully generated 8-10 leads each term from existing students for prospect enrollment.
Certificate In Management
Financial Planning Analyst I Resume
Summary : Degreed professional offering more than 20 years experience in finance and accounting. Expertise in streamlining workflow and eliminating inefficiencies. Particularly effective in managing all aspects of budgeting and forecasting. Excellent attention to detail.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Including Excel, Outlook, And PowerPoint, Lotus.
- Managed the financial functions necessary for the success of a manufacturing plant with $40MM in annual sales.
- Controlled income statements through gross profit and balance sheet consolidations.
- Developed annual manufacturing budgets totaling $30MM.
- Provided and analyzed performance to plan and explained key variances to management.
- Conducted monthly closing process and physical inventories.
- Developed process for tracking maintenance supply spending and created incentive system for reduced spending.
- Resulted in annual savings of $30,000.
- Controlled $20MM in annual research and development budgets and reported consolidated budget information to 19 managers.
- Streamlined tasks and eliminated non-valued added work which resulted in full time position becoming a part time position.
Financial Planning Analyst/Executive Resume
Headline : Able to collaborate and work cross-functionally at all organizational levels, and adapt to diverse/changing business needs; Strong communication skills developed through leadership roles in undergraduate and professional positions.
Skills : Leader and communicator, Problem solver, Resourceful and reliable.
- Supported business case analysis and capital appropriation submittals, which resulted in $2.3M of approved capital expenditures.
- Performed cost analyses, root cause, and variance measurements used for cost containment for the Turbine Module Center.
- Analyzed Business Unit OE Statement as Blades Analyst to provide strategic direction to Business Unit Managers in monthly review; Put together Budget for Blades Business Unit in order to establish financial goals for the upcoming year.
- Lead cross-functional teams to improve the accuracy of scrap reports and internal business unit performance metrics strengthening controls over the $15M annual scrap cost; Created report to track the scrap rate of individual parts and TMC as a whole.
- Volunteered to take charge of weekly and monthly overtime reports due to short staff, which reported OT hours of the hourly workforce.
- Provided detailed Durable Tooling reports to the ops team with SAP, resulting in $1.1M of tools being found, decreasing expenses on P&L.
- Constructed a report to track and control part cost on high volume F-135 and module center parts; saving 1.5 days off of reporting process.
- Conducted 5 months of account reconciliations for Ven-Tek, a Pratt subsidiary, in order to meet accounting standards.
BBA In Finance
Financial Planning Analyst/Representative Resume
Objective : To obtain a position that will utilize strong work ethic, interpersonal skills, flexibility, and desire to learn. Seek to continually develop, and improve abilities, and highly motivated by positive results, and success.
Skills : Management, Sales & Marketing, Operations Management, Financial Management, Executive Management.
- Head of the financial planning department, and responsible for all duties associated with the financial planning process.
- Helped to build the financial planning department for the firm from the ground-up, including the creation and implementation of a variety of plan documents and analysis spreadsheets used for both the advisor and clients.
- Responsible for processing and tracking all financial transactions in regard to the client's financial planning contract.
- Maintained a highly accurate and detailed spreadsheets of client information as it relates to the financial planning process for over 150 clients.
- Responsible for providing the CEO with weekly updates on plan statistics and yearly projections for goal tracking purposes.
- Worked closely with several other departs and employees in order to meet specific deadlines to ensure quality and enjoyable client experience.
- Participated in many client meetings with my Advisor and was responsible for all notes, follow-up and action items associated with those meetings.
- Solely responsible for performing a financial planning software conversion.
Bachelor Of Arts
Financial Planning Analyst/Consultant Resume
Headline : Searching for a financial planning and research position where skills and knowledge can help the company manage their regulatory requirements and risks as well as help their clients achieve their financial goals.
Skills : Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, Laserfiche, SmartOffice.
- Perform reviews of programmatic, fiscal and procedural data that includes reports and meetings with management for urban planning projects.
- Initiate and amend current legislation as it relates to DCD's Building Rebate Tools.
- Expanded availability of rebates to communities by 60%.
- Plan and host outreach meetings to community residents and businesses.
- Developed partnerships with government agencies, for-profit and not for profit organizations to disseminate information about DCD's rebate tools to city residents and business owners.
- Developed streamlined contract and payment processes to ensure timely payments to contracted vendors.
- Provide technical assistance to contracted vendors, including coordination and supervision of vendors contracted to provide grants to eligible participants.
Financial Planning Analyst Resume
Summary : Corporate professional with fifteen years of experience in the financial industry. To obtain a rewarding position with a stable company that will allow the opportunity to advance and grow.
Skills : SAP, Hyperion Enterprise, Deltek COBRA, OBIEE, Microsoft Office.
- Work directly with clients in establishing initial set up and use of the Wealth Management site.
- Primary contact for supporting clients with daily navigation of the site.
- Responsible for setting up the aggregation of investment accounts and putting together detailed retirement plans to help clients better understand their individual situations.
- Primary creator of retirement, surviving spouse and estate planning models used in all opening meetings and annual reviews with corporate executives.
- Work daily with breakeven analysis, internal rates of return, weighted portfolio returns, Social Security computations, deferred compensation illustrations, and pension analysis.
- Review, analyze, and track the performance of investment vehicles and stock valuation models.
- Contributing to business strategies by providing fundamental research for a product line and investment strategies.
- Provided flexibility to perform trades and asset allocation rebalances in connection with model portfolios and targeted aged based allocations.
- Responsible for sorting through new client data and creating a Base Line Financial Plan that the advisors use to illustrate a snapshot of a client's financial stability.
Certification In Sales