Fitness Director Resume
Headline : Disciplined and capable professional with a well-honed aptitude to evaluate, devise and refine pragmatic and innovative solutions in the rapidly advancing fields of bio medicine as a goal oriented leader with a strong commitment to team environment dynamics.
Skills : MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, MAC Pages, Numbers.
- Managed the 20+ fitness instructor, personal training and nutrition/wellness personnel with responsibilities of hiring and training all fitness center staff.
- Managed the fitness center area using ACSM Fitness standards performing scheduled and preventive maintenance on all exercise equipment in accordance with manufacturer specifications while conducting daily fitness center safety checks logging repairs and safety concerns.
- Addressed all member concerns regarding the fitness center equipment and facility operations in a timely manner with the primary goal of maintaining the safety and well-being of each member.
- Lead group and individual exercise and wellness programs helping each member achieve their personal short-term and long-term health and fitness goals.
- Created, tracked and managed the fitness center yearly budget forecasting income from new member sales, existing memberships, personal training revenues, and specialty health/wellness courses.
- Managed and hired a staff of Personal Trainers, Group Exercise Instructors, Fitness Floor Instructors Responsible for personal training sales.
- Responsible for the development of group exercise class schedule Analyzed group exercise class attendance numbers to determine the continuation of programs.
- Managed health and wellness budget Ordered equipment and scheduled maintenance on equipment when necessary Responsible for maintaining clean and safe environment for customers.
BS In Physiology
Sr. Fitness Director Resume
Headline : Over 10 years of training experience, goal is to obtain a position that will fully utilize training and management experience and expertise while also improving the health and well being of clients.
Skills : Word, Excel, PowerPoint, XP, Publisher Access And Outlook Banner, Blackboard.
- Developed and Implemented department staff and event schedules Process department payroll and monitor and appropriately allocate department budget.
- Attended all department head meetings and fitness meetings.
- Supported and promoted all club activities and events.
- Conducted routine safety checks ensuring the facility maintains all code/licensure compliance Integrate fitness programming and group exercise programs.
- Implemented and coordinated all in-house fitness programs for member retention.
- Ensured all staff maintains necessary certifications per organization policy Organize and conduct monthly fitness staff meetings.
- Communicated effectively with other department heads, managers, sales and corporate staff.
Jr. Fitness Director Resume
Objective : Conscientious and organized individual with exceptional time management ability. Personable team player with superior communication and interpersonal skills.
Skills : Microsoft programs, Spanish speaking.
- Scheduled interviews for potential candidates for various departments.
- Prepared new hire packets and completed orientation for newly hired employees.
- Prepared 90 day and yearly evaluation packets for current employees.
- Conducted 90 day and yearly evaluations for current employees.
- Maintained excel spreadsheet of weekly and monthly statistics.
- Assisted in developing and writing company policy & procedures.
- Designed and supervised of exercise programs and nutrition analysis Designed assessments of anthropometric measurements and blood pressure.
Fitness Director III Resume
Objective : Motivated and client-oriented Exercise Physiologist with over 20 years experience in the healthcare and fitness industry, including both clinical and applied exercise physiology. Excellent customer service, public-speaking, and writing skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Positive, optimistic personality, ability to multitask, meet deadlines, Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for the research, purchase, and upkeep of all fitness center equipment, including but not limited to selectorized weight equipment, free-weights, and cardiovascular equipment.
- Hired, trained, and staffed over 60 student and community employees.
- Served on various University Fitness/Wellness committees, including actively working with Campus Health on Eating Disorders and Anorexia/Bulemia issues.
- Coordinated of all maximal and sub-maximal exercise testing for Phase II and III Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Oversaw Fitness-related camps and birthday party events held at the center.
- Responsible for the creation of all promotional materials for the entire Recreational Sports Center.
- Educated members/clients on the benefits of having a personal trainer to stay motivated and reach their goals.
- Supervised, trained, and scheduled fitness staff and oversee daily operations Create and coordinate new and reoccurring facility and community-wide fitness programs.
Master Of Science
Fitness Director II Resume
Headline : Over 15 years of consulting, human resources, leadership development, change management, talent management, performance management, new business development/department start-up (sales), brand management, high-performance coaching, and experience with emphasis in the following industries: healthcare, government, manufacturing, consulting and volunteer/not-for-profit management.
Skills : Flight Planning, Crew Coordination, Analytical, Microsoft Office.
- Stimulated growth of business increasing monthly revenue by $12,000+ in the first month of employment and each month subsequently.
- Generated $75,000+ in personal training sales in a single 30 day period.
- Audited personal trainer's payroll for accuracy and managed all requests for purchasing new fitness equipment within a departmental budget.
- Developed marketing ideas for attracting corporate member interest resulting in both higher participation and higher retention rates in fitness programs.
- Oversaw club compliance with state and federal occupational safety laws and residential building codes.
- Composed and Implemented weekly inspections to ensure proper maintenance and preserve the longevity of the facility's investments.
- Provided One-on-one personal training to clients as well as group fitness instructing to our small group training classes (2-4 people) and large group classes (6+).
- Organized our weekly trainer meetings, and develop large group training and small group training programs.
Fitness Director I Resume
Summary : To find a stable yet challenging position in a professional environment in which to learn new skills while utilizing previous management experiences to improve beyond current abilities.
Skills : Sales, B2b.
- Supervised day-to-day processes of fitness center, including staffing and providing personal training sessions for clients.
- Crafted and executed marketing strategies designed to meet and exceed program revenue goals for all fitness programs, and forecasted and presented estimated revenue projections.
- Interfaced regularly with key customers and clients in order to successfully identify and close strategic opportunities.
- Directed staff of 24 personal trainers through leadership and assisting with selected activities, including sales, forecasting, lead generation, and quota attainments.
- Engineered critical business tools and processes which dramatically accelerated revenue growth by 26% within the first year.
- Managed entire fitness program sales cycle from client prospecting to closing.
- Generated the highest net profit gain in all Sport & Health companies.
- Increased team's customer support capabilities, resulting in faster issue resolution and higher retention and satisfaction.
BA In Communications
Asst. Fitness Director Resume
Headline : To increase global experience within a company culture that demands high standards and encourages growth and motivation. To continue to pursue a career path that has demonstrated growth in any field To work in a corporate environment that strives for solutions and productivity throughout.
Skills : MS Office, EMT-B, MATLAB, Practice Fusion EMR.
- Managed day-to-day facility and employee operations by setting goals, deadlines and directives for any and all maintenance and events both on and off site.
- Met and exceeded sales goals on a consistent basis for multiple departments (retail, personal training, memberships etc.).
- Directed educational training for all staff members on follow up systems, client services throughout their time with the facility.
- Market coordinated for any and all outgoing advertisements and internal accounts with various businesses.
- Hired and terminated employees based on performance related goals.
- Coordinated on and off site events, including but not limited to health seminars, not for profit events, athletic competitions and area youth promotions.
- Coordination included securing sponsors and donations.
- Provided clientele with sports/goal specific personal training, long term program design and meal plans in efforts to reduce body fat, gain muscle mass and decrease health deficiencies.
Fitness Director/Supervisor Resume
Objective : Strong sales and customer service focus utilized in various work environments. Dependable manager with a good eye for hiring and developing talented professionals. Record of successful creation of customer satisfaction. Excellent communication and computer skills.
Skills : Training, Operations, Budget.
- Instructed classes (yoga, Pilates, spin, aerobics, stretch, toning) onboard and dispensed advice to guests on stretching, resistance training, and cardiovascular exercise.
- Delivered health/fitness seminars on topics ranging from detoxification to metabolism and dieting.
- Designed personal training programs for guests to take home and demonstrated proper techniques to get the most out of these programs.
- Performed Body Composition Analyses for guests onboard.
- Made recommendations on how to live a healthier lifestyle and improve flexibility, cardiovascular, and strength training results.
- Trained at The Steiner Academy in London, England for cruise ship employment in 2006.
- Oversaw 35 coaches, organizing the class schedules of over 130 classes per week and multiple company-wide fitness competitions.
- Recruited and trained coaches, implementing new hire onboarding system and weekly training program.
Fitness Director/Consultant Resume
Objective : Gained through education and life experiences to further the development of company, as well as own personal development, in an efficient and effective manner.
Skills : Injections, Venipuncture, Appointment Scheduling, Phone Etiquette, Health Records Management, Customer Service, Assembly.
- Developed or coordinated fitness and wellness programs or services.
- Supervised fitness or wellness workers, such as fitness instructors, recreation workers, nutritionists, and health educators.
- Conducted or facilitated training sessions or seminars for wellness and fitness staff.
- Maintained wellness- and fitness-related schedules, records, or reports.
- Managed or oversaw fitness or recreation facilities, ensuring safe and clean facilities and equipment.
- Operated, and instructed others in, proper operation of fitness equipment, such as weight machines, exercise bicycles, benches, hand weights, and fitness assessment devices.
- Organized and oversaw fitness or wellness events or programs, such as information presentations, blood drives, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or first aid training, or organized runs or walks.
- Prepared or implemented budgets and strategic, operational, purchasing, or maintenance plans.
Fitness Director/Trainer Resume
Objective : Three years of experience health coaching individuals with increased risk factors for chronic diseases. More than three years of experience volunteering in physical therapy clinics. Internship with Achieve Beyond Pediatric Therapy in Illinois.
Skills : ACE certified and I teach spinning, Boot camp, Barre class and Pilates.
- Performs Health Profile and Heart Risk Assessment for all members to LifeStart standards -Assists, motivates and educates all members on use of machines and personal fitness goals.
- Provides and oversees a personalized cardiovascular and strength program for each member.
- Assists in the implementation of all health promotion, medical screenings and educational programs.
- Works with the Corporate Director of Marketing to increase awareness of health promotion, medical screening and education programs.
- Works alongside staff in marketing and implementation of regular Health Fairs for member and non-member populations.
- Continually provides members with knowledge of proper Biomechanics and lifting / training techniques.
- Provides daily personal training, group exercise, and class instruction.
- Creates six week wellness programs to encourage members to participate in regular physical activity.
Masters In Public Health