Freight Supervisor Resume
Headline : Strong leadership and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company personnel. Ability to manage multiple large scale projects at one time. Excellent organizational skills.
Skills : Materials Management, Power Tools, Material Handling, Computer Proficiency, Supervisory, Shipping And Receiving.
- Collaborated with Columbia's management team to successfully develop and open a new store.
- Assisted Store Manager and Assistant Manager with hiring process.
- Acted as store manager in the absence of the Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Supervised and oversee the store shipping & receiving function.
- Ensured accurate receipt & delivery of product into and out of the store.
- Trained Freight Supervisors at new and existing stores.
- Exchanged information with corporate office staff fixing shipping and inventory errors.
Asst. Freight Supervisor Resume
Headline : 26 years retail experience. Strong belief in excellent customer service. Proficient in Material Handling Systems design, integration, installation and testing. Developed process improvements supporting Supply Chain efficiency and
Skills : Inventory Management. Ability To Make Quick, Efficient Decisions.
- Ensured excellent customer service was provided by myself and all sales associates.
- Organized the work force for daily freight.
- Ensured all freight was worked on the sales floor and overstock was properly stored.
- Closed the building each night, ensuring all registers were closed and currency was sent to the vault.
- Ensured premises were secure by checking all locks and arming the security system.
- Handled customer complaints and order issues by directing them to the appropriate person(s) for quick resolution.
- Responsible for oversee the implementation of a new freight process.
Jr. Freight Supervisor Resume
Objective : Supervise sales associates, maintains quality control, meets sales goals, excellent product and job knowledge, great people and communication skills, high energy level and very dependable.
Skills : Windows, Typing 65 WPM, Ms Word, Customer Service, Problem Solving, Communication, Sales.
- Managed and supervised staff to ensure staff followed company policies and standards.
- Handled misdirected shipments.
- Provided updates to management when necessary.
- Oversaw receiving shipments on a daily basis.
- Inspected merchandise upon receipt to ensure good condition.
- Ensured stock areas were maintained and flowing properly.
- Performed routine inspections of stock room to ensure the safety of products.
Freight Supervisor/Consultant Resume
Summary : Over 20 years customer service experience. Other professional experience includes warehouse, shipping/receiving, inventory management.
Skills : Management/supervisory, Customer service.
- Supervised a diverse team of 14 associates, including hiring and training new associates.
- Used Leadership and customer service.
- Maintained professionalism and tact to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Supervised 14 employees and conducted payroll Filing.
- Answered phones and kept calendar for general manager.
- Oversaw inbound and outbound processing.
- Ensured that merchandise was received and properly placed within the store.
GED In General Studies
Freight Supervisor/Coordinator Resume
Summary : Acquire a position in a growing company to help further sales, exceptional customer service, reputation, and promotes creative problem solving skills, along with establishing a career with the company.
Skills : Forklift Operator, Microsoft Office.
- Managed, led and trained a group of 6 in breaking down received freight.
- Worked closely with Operations manager on ways to promote safety, increase freight flow, store organization, and sales.
- Replenished and organized merchandise on sales floor- shelves, endcaps and over stock areas.
- Maintained cleanliness of receiving area and store by clearing out pallets, taking out trash and finishing received freight.
- Fully stocked departments of the week to increase sales.
- Looked at store matrix to help increase sales of lost sale items, clearance, special buy, etc.
- Communicated with associates and management about worklist and goals for the week.
Freight Supervisor/Executive Resume
Summary : Experienced professional with over 9 years of supervisory expereince. Strong background in Shipping, Receiving, Material handling and Inventory.
Skills : Computers, banking, sales, Customer service, retail.
- Unloaded freight received pack out items on sale floor customer service Accomplishments Got my freight team to work together as a team so things run .
- Took over the position, store sales and freight flow has increased.
- Inventory captured experience including counting of merchandise, cataloging, and working variance reports.
- Appointed Safety Captain which required understanding and applying safety policies and standards and training associates on the safety program.
- Certified as forklift trainer to assist associates on how to safely and efficiently operate lift trucks.
- Responsible for fifteen associates development through training on policy and procedures supervising their productivity prioritizing work assignments .
- Scheduled for 25+ outbound dock personnel.
Freight Supervisor/Representative Resume
Headline : Prospecting and cold calling Team building expertise Sales professional MS Office proficient Strong interpersonal skills Proven sales track record Skilled multi-tasker Outgoing personality.
Skills : Inventory Management, Historical Research, Customer Service, Professional Leadership.
- Provided services through knowledge of automated systems to customers and team members.
- Closed the store by locking doors and securing $50,000 each night in the vault.
- Handled security issues through asset protection and local police.
- Coordinated team and drive urgency and productivity.
- Disciplined unsafe work practices and follow through with new coaching.
- Ordered inventory through automated systems, Hand over grand opening ready store in the morning to opening manager.
- Used Leadership Management Data Entry Word Processing Accountability Lift Equipment Operator Customer Service Problem Solving.
Associate Freight Supervisor Resume
Summary : Administrative professional 10+yrs of experience. Meets challenges head on; works well under stressful situations and in a fast paced setting. Highly, efficient and skilled in a variety of office support tasks.
Skills : Quickbooks, Microsoft Word, Yardi, Microsoft Excel, ProSeries, Website Design.
- Trained, coached and developed associates in the freight department to ensure excellent customer service.
- Trained staff on product knowledge and company policies.
- Communicated store objectives to associates by using the appropriate training programs and tools.
- Trained and developed associates within the work area, through the use of training calendars and curriculums.
- Participated in the interview process for hiring of new associates and partner with store management on recommendations.
- Provided input into appropriate discipline decisions related to associates.
- Provided input to the associates on performance appraisals and make recommendations on promotion of associates in his/her area.
Freight Supervisor II Resume
Headline : Goal-oriented manager with over ten years of management expertise in merchandising, operations and specialty sales.
Skills : Transportation, Logistics Management, Military, Leadership.
- Included controlling all incoming freight, maintaining merchandising standards and managing freight team.
- Managed a group of employees to stock and organize all incoming freight.
- Worked alongside other managers and departments to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner to meet one hundred percent completion.
- Performed all supervisory functions for shipping and receiving.
- Used and trained other employees to work large forklifts, reach trucks, slip sheets, order pickers and electric pallet jacks.
- Responsible for all incoming freight at large department store.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with boxes and trucks.
BS In Management
Freight Supervisor Resume
Objective : To apply the technical skills acquired by employment experience to support the success of an industrial organization.
Skills : Microsoft, Excel, Salesforce.
- Created a freight tracking form that kept track of productivity as well as creating a competitive environment.
- Used as a tool to hold associates accountable.
- Responsible for inventory, loading and unloading freight for events.
- Responsible for updating database records for inventory.
- Managed the Day to Day of Freight arriving and deporting the New Orleans Convention Center for industrie .
- Received and counted stock items, and record data manually, or using computer Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in stockroom.
- Tested the alarms, posting daily sales tracker, setting the floor for daily sale changes.