Gallery Manager Resume
Summary : A visual artist, with a concentration in oil and acrylic paintings, wish to obtain a position that will challenge as well as enhance visual creativity with possibility of growth within a company of like-minded individuals.
Skills : Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Final Cut Pro software applications
- Reported directly to gallery owner to create a Business Plan and maintain an overall Gallery concept.
- Created both Opening and Closing procedures for the Gallery.
- Created the training programs for existing staff and new hire programs.
- Wrote Artist's Biographies for represented artists and created each Artist's mission statement.
- Placed orders with Artists in residence and managed all incoming inventory.
- Personally represented the Gallery in business transactions between Artist's and Management Teams.
- Negotiated all gallery sales, phone sales, and internet orders.
Asst. Gallery Manager Resume
Headline : Seeking a position in a reputed company where can utilize experience and pursue successful career.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Tax Preparation, Quickbooks, Spanish Fluency.
- Organized an overhaul of the gallery's art inventory.
- Supervised the gallery's transition to its new location on Lincoln Road.
- Facilitated communication between clients and the Director.
- Managed phone calls and e-mail correspondence.
- Responded to client and artist requests.
- Coordinated special events for gallery exhibitions.
- Coordinated shipping logistics with FedEx, UPS, and art shippers for shipments to and from gallery.
Master's In Public Administration
Associate Gallery Manager Resume
Objective : To obtain a position in a field where able to both apply experience in gallery and office management, children's programming, computer application systems, and customer service and learn new skills that would be beneficial in the future.
Skills : Graphic Design, Art Installation, Faux & Standard Painting, Writing, Art Gallery Management.
- Worked within annual budget for both the art center & gallery.
- Scheduled and managed part-time staff & volunteers for the gallery.
- Managed and oversaw all on and off-site exhibitions and shows.
- Helped create, edit and proofread all materials pertinent to galleries including advertisements, calendars of events, press releases, brochures and gallery cards.
- Initiated, coordinated and implemented monthly all media gallery shows and themed shows.
- Secured jurors for shows.
- Coordinated with art center the call for entries for all shows (helped increase entries).
Bachelor Of Arts In English Literature
Gallery Manager/Executive Resume
Objective : Energetic gallery manager with excellent multitasking skills and sales experience. Currently seeking to acquire and develop new skills, and grow professionally. Committed to delivering high quality results with little supervision. Organized, Professional, and Driven.
Skills : Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Management Experience, Customer Service.
- Supervised up to 50 Guest Relations Hosts throughout museum.
- Oversaw the daily operation and appearance of museum galleries.
- Handled hanging, tagging and signage for shows.
- Coordinated publicity for shows with art center.
- Ensured the smooth day-to-day operation of the gallery, overseeing artwork sales.
- Developed and maintained the gallery's front-end bookkeeping, ledger outgoing payments for both gallery and arts club spaces, catalogue acquisitions, keep records and archives.
- Maintained ongoing promotional and advertising material for the gallery, develop and update the gallery website.
B.A. In Communications
Sr. Gallery Manager Resume
Headline : To obtain a position within the company that will allow to use skills and work experience to further develop professionally. Motivated leader with strong organizational and prioritization abilities.
Skills : Basic Computer And Website Development.
- Curated and managed art exhibition programing of local emerging artists.
- Managed gallery related operations and administrative tasks including marketing, websites and social media.
- Wrote exhibition summary and materials, press releases, email newsletters.
- Installed & de-installed exhibitions.
- Coordinated and host monthly opening events.
- Fostered existing relationships, seek out new potential artists & clients.
- Managed & maintain art inventory and artist contracts.
B.F.A. In Painting
Gallery Manager/Representative Resume
Summary : An art gallery business operations manager and also a painter and creator of community art. Study has included multimedia art, graphic design, illustration and advertising.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Access, Sharepoint, Photoshop.
- Plann of art shows featuring guest artists.
- Inventory control, sales, staffing and guest relations.
- Coordinate transportation of work to and from the gallery, both nationally and internationally.
- Organize equipment hires and ensure correct installation of the artwork.
- Develope commercial relationship with the clients and achieved high volume of sales in a competitive market.
- Meet with community leaders to develop cooperation and organize charity events to contribute to the community though the sale of various pieces.
- Responsible for gallery operations including: Opening and closing gallery, ordering supplies, customer service and sales, working with artists.
Master Of Arts
Gallery Manager/Coordinator Resume
Objective : Illustrator and generally creative individual. Always hungry for creative work and finds that limitations are the impetus of creation.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management, Problem Solving, Trade Shows, Trade Shows, Painting, Inventory Management.
- Scheduled meeting with clients in regard to renting out the space during 'off seasons'.
- Worked directly under the supervision of the gallery owners to perform day-to-day gallery tasks.
- Implemented and worked with the inventory program.
- Promoted and sell artists' work, through exhibitions and personal contacts.
- Curated artwork in cooperation with artists and technicians.
- Organized and market exhibitions and shows, including releasing marketing materials to the media.
- Worked closely with individual artists, develop relationships with new artists, and extend relationships with established artists.
Bachelor Of Fine Arts In Painting
Gallery Manager II Resume
Summary : To obtain a position with a company that allows to use talents and skills in a competitive and challenging environment and where can serve the organization and establish an enjoyable long term career.
Skills : Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver.
- Maintained and improved the artistic and commercial success of the gallery.
- Assessed and elected artist / artwork.
- Implemented marketing strategies to increase sales.
- Organized and promoted exhibitions and gallery artists.
- Developed and maintained relationships with artists and clientele.
- Maintained gallery and online orders.
- Maintained client and artist database.
Associates In Nursing
Gallery Manager III Resume
Summary : Dedicated and experienced graphic designer seeking a position where strengths in problem solving and design expertise will be utilized and challenged.
Skills : Microsoft Office, MAC OSX, Social Media, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, HTML, Mailchimp, HootSuite.
- Located artworks for inventory purchases both publicly and privately, vetted them for condition, communicated condition to gallery owner or client, assisted in transactions.
- Purchased inventory both privately and publicly.
- Managed all conservation, framing and shipping of historically significant artworks including but not limited to prints, drawings and sculptures.
- Organized the relocation of 500 + artworks, gallery computer system, fixtures and records.
- Managed seasonal fine art gallery and work by over 30 artists.
- Organized fine art classes and musical events.
- Curated Gallery/Assist customers.
Masters In Arts Leadership
Gallery Manager Resume
Summary : To secure a position with organization that will afford the opportunity to apply professional experience, management skills, and customer service experience in a position that will be challenging, exciting, and rewarding.
Skills : Strategic Branding And Marketing Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Direct Sales.
- Managed multiple storage locations.
- Assisted in sales and client relations at fairs .
- Dynamically led all initiatives to effectively manage small holistic spa while organizing and coordinating health-related classes, services.
- Sold high end Asian artwork and furniture, often conducting transactions overseas and coordinating payment and shipping.
- Implemented 6-12 art shows a year, varying in subject matter and artists involved.
- Oversaw the process included outlining policies and expectations of the artwork, time for delivery and pick up, payment of artwork and jury fees, and curator of the choose pieces for show.
- Assisted with the daily tasks of opening the gallery and ensuring a welcoming environment for artists and clients to enjoy while there.