Budget Analyst Resume
Headline : An opportunity to use my professional skills while contributing to a company's growth and success. Worked hard with hands on experience in the financial arena giving me a broad range of skills. Through my employment I have developed the qualifications that would make me an asset to any company.
Skills : Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, 10 Key Stroke Calculator, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Outlook/ Exchange, Internet Explorer, Typing 55wpm.
- Ensured all accounting documents were in accordance with regulations, guidelines and procedures before processing and inputting the data into the Standard Accounting Reporting System Field Level and the Funds Administration Standardized Documentation Automation.
- Reviewed each program Obligation Phasing Plan to ensure each program are executing on target and address those that are under executing.
- Review all commitment (915) funding documents over 30 days to obtain contract for obligation purposes.
- Monitored the financial status which included duplicate obligations erroneous disbursement and excessive obligations and cancel obligations when determined to be appropriate actions.
- Perform obligation Validation Review for require prior year documents as required by Department of Defense Financial Management Regulations, Department of Defense DoD Financial Management.
- Research and clear 1960 suspense transactions to allow any outstanding invoices to clear and 610 transaction expenditures for post.
- Agency Program Coordinator, for individually Billed Accounts for travel and Centrally Billed Accounts for airline tickets with Bank of America Government Travel Card for military and civilian employees on official government travel for Naval District Washington.
- Established and maintained administrative suspense and control system to ensure effective control of the Government Travel Card via Electronic Government Ledger System and related accountable documents utilized in accomplishing the travel program.
Budget Analyst Intern Resume
Objective : Experienced Budget Analyst with expert knowledge in preparing and managing annual DoD budgets, through the entire Programming, Planning, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process.
Skills : General Fund Enterprise Business System,.
- Analyzed budgetary and financial aspects of the organization's on-going operation to identify fiscal, budgetary, and accounting vulnerabilities and challenges; find solutions and resolve.
- Determined cost-effectiveness of funding requests and expenditures through review of budget/accounting transactions, and analysis of productivity, workload, and program accomplishments.
- Advised senior government decision makers, as well as the senior leadership within DARPA on the status and availability of resources for multi-year programs.
- Developed alternatives and recommended distribution of resources within established limitations to provide for new/emerging requirements.
- Analyzed, evaluated, and recommended a course of action involving areas of concern; such as unfunded requirements, under-funded programs, President Budget (PB), Budget Estimate Submissions (BES), and year end closeout.
- Proposed changes to existing work flow process to improve efficiency and effectiveness among internal and external organizations and offices.
- Assisted in preparation of Program Objective Memorandum (POM), Program Review (PR) and Issue Paper submissions and justifications for changes in funding requirements.
- Assisted in preparation of impact statements, below threshold requirements, reprogramming, and executive summaries; coordinated with program managers and financial analysts to provide timely response.
Budget Analyst (Temporary) Resume
Headline : Contract Administrative Manager Managed approximately $153 million of federal and state funds, and administered approximately $150 million in contracts to 500 vendors and sub-recipients for tobacco and substance abuse treatment, intervention and prevention services.
Skills : Government Travel.
- Develops the planning, analysis, formulation, justification presentation, and execution of the budgetary analysis and funding requirements for travel ahead of the upcoming fiscal year.
- Conducts monthly reviews of organizational structure and support requirements to coincide with travel regulations contained within the JTR/JFTR due to increased or decreased operation tempo and personnel changes.
- Provides the J8/Comptroller leadership group weekly updates on office operations, program status, resource availability, and newly projected travel requirements while identifying personnel, equipment, and training needs.
- Coordinates the weekly and quarterly budgetary documentation that is required in order to maintain the Lines of Accounting contained within the DTS.
- Initiates, analyzes researches, formulates, and coordinates prescribed per diem entitlements and travel policies contained within the JTR/JFTR for both active duty and DoD civilian personnel.
- Performs a variety of duties in the planning, analysis, formulation, justification, review and execution of multi-year budgets for the comptroller's office by utilizing the concepts and principles of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution System (PPBES).
- Responsible for the review, analysis and evaluation of funding requirements and procedures for the development, procurement and modifications of JIEDDO systems and programs.
Bachelors In Business
Senior Budget Analyst Resume
Summary : Sound knowledge of financial analysis, portfolio reporting, budget control and strategy implementation for strategic business units across organisational levels to achieve performance targets on a functional and qualitative basis. Experienced at preparation, implementation and monitoring of the budget as well as forecasting and analysis of financial data.
Skills : Excel, Analysis, Business Development, Budgeting, Business Analysis, Branding, Brand Management, Credit Analysis, Credit, Financial Analysis, Grant Writing, Risk Management, Research, New Business Development.
- Developed financial spreadsheets by collecting financial and accounting information, analysis and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction and established functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Create and maintain Funding Reimbursable Authority (FRA) spreadsheets for 5 fiscal years.
- Created the breakdown structures of commitments, obligations, and expenditures for several different program lines of funding to ensure funding availability.
- Responsible for reconciling FRA and DFAS records of obligations, expenses and disbursements for yearend closing in accordance with internal procedures as well as all external policies and procedures.
- Reported financial status to senior management monthly and quarterly by analyzing present and past operation trends and cost incurred by developing forecast; reporting results; analyzing variances for assigned direct programs and all reimbursable programs.
- Reconcile a variety of reports, vouchers, supporting financial documents and applying information to automated systems.
- Review and analyze reports received from internal and external sources such as DOD, DFAS, Component Commands and prepare recommendations on actions required.
Bachelor Of Science
Junior Budget Analyst Resume
Objective : Experienced Finance/Business analyst with a demonstrated track record of performing complex analytical support of variety of business operations, including analysis and preparation of financial reports, budget management and analysis and development, and implementation of processes to improve business outcomes.
Skills : Fiscal Law, Accounting Principles, Contingency Operations,.
- Responsible for the planning and managing of $3.9MM Outreach operational budget, including analyzing financial and operational information to provide reliable projections to enable senior management to make informed business decisions.
- Manage the procurement and discretionary expenditure processes and directly oversee travel, timekeeping, and business continuity processes.
- Managing the operating expense budget forecasting/planning and month-end process for Outreach departments (Executive Support, Community Development, Economic Education, and External Affairs).
- Supporting the Community Development and Economic Education discretionary approvals and speaker contracts for program events with both the procurement and legal department.
- Facilitating partnering meetings to develop service level agreements across departmental functions identifying roles and responsibilities and customer expectations between Outreach and Planning.
- Branch lead for new employee resource network (ERN) organization, First to Serve planning and implementing several new events and Co-chair of Branch United Way Campaign 2013; Planning and collaborating events, fundraisers, and communications driving increased employee participation by 42% from previous year.
- Skills Used Analytical, Problem solving, project planning, process improvement, strategic thinking, customer focus,.
Federal Budget Analyst Resume
Objective : Excellent people skills with a strong proficiency in multiple office software packages including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator; Easily adaptable to new challenges and opportunities; Driven individual with a team-oriented attitude.
Skills : Uniform State of Accounting Systems, Audit, Contract Management, spss statistical software, Business Analysis, Cognos, Spss, General Accounting, Budgeting, Excel, Databases, Data Analysis, Database Management, SQL.
- Serving as a budget analyst to multi-platform division chief by providing general oversight, direction, and management of budget functions.
- Establish budget reporting needs, research government funding for systems/subsystems, keep current record of all expenditures to be during reporting period, process updated data received from ICIS bi-weekly funding reports, produce, update, and presenting budget charts on a pay period basis.
- Maintaining the Task Tracking System (TTS) for Aviation Systems Division by opening and closing tasks for team, assisting with general use and running queries.
- Tracks budget to ensure target expenses are in compliance.
- Served as the Administrative Assistant to the Director of Information Technology.
- Responsible for performing a myriad of administrative duties to include but are not limited to prepares correspondence, reviews memorandums, submits/maintains reports, schedules meetings, manages procedures and arranges pick-up of distribution, prepares documents for destruction or other disposition; completes itineraries; coordinates office meetings/social events; maintains Outlook calendars and other duties assigned.
- Manages and track lines of accounting to ensure funds are available for travel.
- Assists employees with profiles set up, modifies accounts, and out process as needed.
Budget Analyst III Resume
Headline : Secure a position in a financial management field where I can serve as an analyst utilizing my 6 years of Air Force Financial Management experience and abilities to help a company continue to grow and prosper.
Skills : Word, Excell, Powerpoint, photoshop, autocad, sketchup.
- Managed the planning, directing, administration and execution and distribution of over $800K for special, revolving, trusts, annual, multi-year and no-year appropriations.
- Developed financial plans and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) apportionment requests upon enactment of appropriations legislation.
- Recommended and initiates reprogramming funds including OMB reapportionment requests to meet changing conditions and new requirements as necessary.
- Reviewed and recommended approval or disapproval of requests from program managers to reprogram funds between agency components and programs.
- Monitored obligations and outlays for the approved budget to ensured funds are properly allocated, obligated and expended in support of management objectives and consistent with appropriations legislation.
- Prepared and assisted in briefing senior managers on a variety of budget execution reports.
- Provided oversight of account reconciliation activities to ensure the accuracy of these reports.
- Reviewed and assist as necessary in the budget formulation process, including the development and coordination of material for Congressional hearings and appeals and drafting of responses to Congressional Questions for the Record (QFR).
Master's In Management
Budget Analyst II Resume
Headline : Dedicated Architect who works well independently, as well as part of a team. Natural leader and effective delegator who takes on added responsibility whenever necessary.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Grant management, budget analyst, Grant Writing.
- Facilitate the creation and implementation of the annual operating budget and any subsequent forecasts for corporate publishing, information technology, and fulfillment operations.
- Upload approved budgets and forecasts through Oracle Hyperion and the Microsoft Excel smart view integration.
- Compile and analyze annual compensation adjustments in conjunction with human resources and publishing operations.
- Provide ongoing and ad hoc analysis and explanations of actual corporate operating expenses against established benchmarks to provide context and insight into monthly and year-to-date corporate profit and loss statements.
- Assist in the creation and analysis of the annual corporate overhead allocation methodology and implementation for publishing operations.
- Create monthly general ledger journal entries including expense accruals, reclassifications, and cost allocations.
- Assist the Penguin Random House Internal Audit department in quarterly software and travel & entertainment expense audits.
Master Of Science
Budget Analyst I Resume
Objective : Experienced former full-time mid-executive level Department of Defense employee, Navy veteran, and current college student seeking part-time employment. Demonstrated skills range from office management, business development and project management to people management, budget planning, program design and forecasting, reporting, and superior client and customer service.
Skills : Microsoft office, Peoplesoft, Hyperion, SAP.
- Assisted with tracking of program budget execution to make sure funds were being used appropriately under the correct budget and cost centers.
- Assisted in the assembly of and improved upon all administrative aspects by coordinating three quarterly executive-level SIGINT mission reviews.
- Independently coordinated with executive assistants and senior-level management to create these mission reviews.
- Assembled and successfully presented to the SID Director to review missions, projects associated with the missions, manpower, and status of funds.
- Analyzed and assisted in the creation of budget of estimations (BOE) using analytical and historical data to create budgets for the next fiscal year and five years out for different projects and estimating costs for manpower.
- Attended Senior Leadership Team (SLT) meetings to present prioritized budgeted projects which were selected by the senior executives.
- Observed intently on how projects were prioritized for the enterprise, and learned how funds were obtained for high priority projects and how funds were reevaluated for low priority projects.
Associate Of Applied Sciences
Budget Analyst/Supervisor Resume
Headline : More than 23 years' of experience working in a large and busy environment with the government, private industry and law firms. I think my skills and experience is an excellent match with what you are seeking, and excited about the chance to work with you.
Skills : Graphis Design, Inventory Management, Legal Research, Lexus Nexus, GovTrip, Transportation Subsidary, CaseMise, SETR, CAMS And Genreal Office Automative Machines.
- Maintain internal controls, ensures data integrity by reviewing input for accuracy and maintain historical records and files.
- Perform studies and audits on control and use of funds throughout the year.
- Prepare and analyzes a variety of reports related to the status of funds to include commitments, obligations and liquidations, travel, staffing levels and other workload indicators.
- Consolidate data for financial status of programs and advise program and project managers on the availability of funds in different budget accounts.
- Recommend adjustments and/or reprogramming to effectively use appropriated funds and to support new requirements, change order proposals, increase cost and other construction requirements in a timely and effective manner.
- Exercise budgetary controls through review and approval of the obligation and expenditure of funds for projects or programs either within a single year or over several years duration.
- Research, develop and prepare back-up data and justifications for budget reviews.
- Analyze and interpret impact of new legislation on continuing programs and monitor cost associated with any changes.
Master of Science
Asst. Budget Analyst Resume
Summary : A proactive result oriented financial analyst with broad range of experience in accounting and financial management. Solid planning and organizational skills in all aspects of project management from project inception to completion. Ability to analyze and manage multi-million dollar budgets, streamline operations, budget reporting, auditing and documentation. Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and proposed new sites.
Skills : Account Management, Excel, Management.
- Coordinates and oversees budgeting activities related to departmental and sponsored budgets, including revenue forecasting, projections, and audits.
- Perform general accounting and reporting principles and related methods.
- Provide statistics applications used in the analysis of revenues, cash flow, and costs analysis.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, conduct quality assurance reviews, provide reports and recommendations, expedites workflow; studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Issues are written and oral instructions; assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Serve as a business partner to the Executive Director on the organizations financial, budgeting, and administrative processes-including human resources, payroll, and benefits functions, accounting, legal, information technology, and physical infrastructure.
- Strengthened company's business by leading implementation of Capital Improvement Projects.
B.S In Finance
Budget Analyst Resume
Summary : Highly qualified Budget Analyst with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Accounting.
- Functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and grants administration.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the organization's financial functions, including: budget development, financial analysis, revenue generation, cost reduction, planning and resource allocation.
- Developing financial status reports, account reconciliation, closeout of awards, cost transfers; making sure expenses are in compliance (allowable, allocable and reasonable costs).
- Organized and monitored a system of twelve cost centers comprising of approx.
- Responsible for maintaining internal controls: financial records, adhering to reporting, reconciling, regulatory guidelines mandated by federal, state and systemic grant fund sources and OMB circulars.
- Experience with federal and state audit preparation for grant funds; in compliance with regulations.
- Developed funding matrix, consistently updating loan programs information for federal, state, and local funds.