Habilitation Specialist Resume
Objective : Customer service oriented Medical Assistant skilled with greeting patients, scheduling appointments and preparing patient charts. Dental Assistant adept at all patient care and front office procedures. Highly motivated sales associate with extensive customer service and sales experience. Experienced Personal Assistant successful at minimizing hassles and alleviating client concerns by effectively coordinating schedules, planning events, running errands and handling household tasks.
Skills : MS Office, Customer Service.
- Served as direct care staff for a 10 bed unit all male facility for individuals with dual diagnosis.
- Responsible for primary care, case management, and medication management.
- Evaluated patient care needs, prioritized treatment, and maintained patient flow.
- Assessed patients and documented their medical histories.
- Trained new staff on quality control procedures.
- Experienced with various medical conditions including Parkinson's, Dementia, Diabetes, Cancer, Alzheimer's and Paget's disease.
- Assisted doctors with surgeries and non-invasive procedures.
- Performed monthly inventory and maintained office and medical supply counts.
- Performed vitals/glucose testing and assisted in administering injections and urinalysis.
Sr. Habilitation Specialist Resume
Summary : Seeking a Habilitation Specialist position to utilize existing educational and work experience within the fields of Security, Office or Healthcare.
Skills : Analytical, Communication, Both Verbal And Writing., Interpersonal.
- Provides case management services to ICF/IDD individuals in the areas of psycho-social, functional skills development, and community reintegration.
- Monitors functional community living, home living, and vocational training programs.
- Completes habilitation assessments.
- Safeguards the confidentiality of clients and records pertaining to clients.
- Witness/signs consents for doctor orders or medication change.
- Prepares written documentation: progress notes, data collection, individual program plan, business communications, quarterly progress notes, etc.
- Develops in service and implement training goals for home living and community living.
- Revises goal plans and monitors all habilitation objectives.
- Conducts on-going functional assessments to insure appropriate methodology and implementation.
Jr. Habilitation Specialist Resume
Objective : 10+ years of experience, including as a Child Care Provider, as a Personal Care Aid and as a Habilitation Specialist in industries including Social Services and Chemicals and Allied Products, extremely Organized, work at a fast pace, and keep area of work clean and neat.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Provided personal care for people with disabilities.
- Helped provide dependent adults with safety, daily assistance.
- Monitored client health and medication intake.
- Talked and socialized.
- Transported patients to and from social activities.
- Kept records of client care, activities.
- Reported problems to supervisors, nurses, case manager.
- Complied with health and safety rules.
- Complied with client confidentiality policies.
Habilitation Specialist I Resume
Objective : To obtain a level entry Habilitation Specialist position to help a company continue to grow and prosper.
Skills : Cash Register, Management.
- Supervised and supported individuals with MRDD in the Adult Center, and Goodwill C.A.R.E.
- Documented and reported immediately all incidents of individuals needing medical (illness, seizures), and behavioral supports (MUI/UI) which were at times unexpected and potentially harmful that required intervention.
- Assisted with loading and unloading of individuals on buses and other vehicles on a daily basis.
- Maintained documentation, records of progress for each individual served on a daily basis.
- Trained and followed plans by Occupational, Physical, and Speech Therapists.
- Documented and reported individual's progress, needs, or concerns.
- Implemented and Assisted supports to individuals habilitation plans including self-help, survival, and work skills using lifts, wheelchairs, walkers, gate belts, adaptive equipment, sensory stimulation, therapeutic equipment, braces, wedges, positioning plans, feeding plans, toileting, changing soiled clothing through proper lifting techniques, personal hygiene, sign language, picture communication, gross motor skills.
- Assisted and supervised "hand over hand" and "one on one" assistance with individuals in work and recreational activities on a daily basis.
Habilitation Specialist II Resume
Headline : Very optimistic results orientated hands on professional with a list of accomplishments both professionally and personally. During employment with the Montgomery County Board of Developmental Disabilities Services gained experience in supervision.
Skills : Medical Billing, Management.
- Successfully developed, implemented and trained direct care staff on both vocational and habilitation training programs for all participants, served as the Liaison (Interdisciplinary Team) for both Northview and Calumet Centers.
- Explained program offerings and requirements to clients and answered related questions.
- Kept up-to-date, thorough and accurate case files.
- Addressed program and policy issues, developed best practices and improved service delivery.
- Managed and supervised caseload of150 clients at any given time.
- Met with clients one-on-one to determine necessary services and make appropriate treatment recommendations.
- Conducted needs assessments for families with young children.
- Evaluated team member performance and offered constructive feedback.
- Mentored less experienced case managers, direct care staff, and therapists.
Habilitation Specialist III Resume
Summary : Obtain a Habilitation Specialist position pertaining to patient care professional. Use the position to develop occupational experience, knowledge and abilities as a service provider and patient care technician (PCT).
Skills : Medical Coding, Medical Transcription.
- Performs duties that support the individual request in effort to obtain personal objectives.
- Assists in creating plans to facilitate individual tailored developmental support programs.
- Works to provide solutions to aide persons in therapeutic care and efforts to establish safe environments for the patient.
- Works with the stakeholders to establish appropriate clean and safe environments including the supervision of medicines and dietary supplements.
- Provides assistance at non-residential care facilities.
- Advises families, the elderly, convalescents, and persons with disabilities regarding such things as nutrition, cleanliness, and household activities.
- Guides and integrates individuals into the community including activities such as improved access to local theaters, trips to vacation centers and community historical centers.
- Provides individuals, families, and groups with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses.
Asst. Habilitation Specialist Resume
Objective : To obtain a job providing the opportunity to make a strong contribution to organizational goals; through development of personal skills and knowledge for a productive and positive work experience.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Served to pursue their interests, become involved in activities, develop their potential and be a consumer advocate during day program.
- Provided for the health and safety of the consumers.
- Ensured that each individual is treated with dignity and respect in accordance with New York State Regulations and Agency policy.
- Developed a daily plan of activities, and ensure that the activity schedule is followed.
- Encouraged consumers to meet in groups for discussion, problem solving, participation in developing daily living skills, and act as facilitator as needed.
- Provided regular, ongoing assessment of consumer progress.
- Provided accurate, concise information regarding consumers functioning and or difficulties to team members and collateral providers.
- Provided ADL skills training and development, follow behavior treatment plans and strategies, and socialization needs of the consumers.
Associate Habilitation Specialist Resume
Headline : Habilitation Specialist responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of the participants individualized treatment plan
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Leads and coordinates agency service planning team in the development of the service plan.
- Provides assessment information and assist the service planning team with goal planning.
- Ensures continuity of services.
- Ensures the development and implementation of service plan.
- Provides technical assistance to staff and service planning team.
- Coordinates Human and Legal Rights process.
- Effectively recruit staff.
- Provides and monitors staff training.
- Monitors and responds to staff job performance.
- Assists with managing area budget.
- Promotes and participates in community awareness.
Lead Habilitation Specialist Resume
Summary : Dedicated, focused, and excels at prioritizing, completing multiple tasks simultaneously and following through to achieve project goals. Seeking a role of increased responsibility and authority.
Skills : Computer Literate, Management.
- Redirected individuals to encourage safe, positive behaviors.
- Modeled appropriate social behaviors and encouraged concern for others.
- Cleaned the house, including laundry, sweeping and mopping.
- Scheduled doctor, dentist and haircut appointments.
- Physically and verbally interacted with individuals throughout the day.
- Administered medication and minor first aid.
- Dressed and changed individuals.
- Engaged individuals with games and puzzles.
- Offered detailed daily reports that outlined each individuals day.
Habilitation Specialist Resume
Summary : Habilitation Specialist is to work alongside the people we support in order to help them to achieve their Personal Outcomes.
Skills : MS Office, Management.
- Provides therapeutic services for individuals with Autism.
- Provided in home services to the same family for 3 years, the young lady that I worked with was a high school adolescence with Autism.
- Modeled and taught the individual how to interact in social settings with her peers.
- Showed individual how to organize her living space within the house.
- Educated this individual on how to navigate within her community.
- Taught her how to purchase and use a metro card.
- Modeled for her how to use the bus and subway.
- Worked with the individual on cognitive skills.
- Helped the individual learn to prepare her own meals.