Industrial Engineer Resume
Objective : Supply Chain Professional Qualified for operations support positions in a manufacturing , office or distribution type of environment. Over 7 years of experience in supply chain, manufacturing. and administration.
Skills : Word Processing, Mathematics, Problem Resolution, Scheduling, Excel, Social Networking, Communications.
- Set production standards using appropriate industrial engineering techniques and coordinated results to concerned production units.
- Recommended production improvement methods to support changes in the production standards.
- Planned manpower requirements that resulted to effective control over temporary manpower headcount and increased direct labor utilization.
- Planned cosmetics packaging production capability through successful implementation of capital expenditure requests based on cost, schedule and benefits.
- Provided operational related support to the manufacturing director and plant manager in terms of reports preparation and analysis, updates on manufacturing issues related to production and inventory control.
- Notable Achievements: Improved manpower requirements planning in cosmetics packaging resulting to effective control over temporary manpower headcount and increased direct labor utilization.
- Improved cosmetics packaging production capability through successful implementation of capital expenditure requests based on cost, schedule and benefits.
MS In Industrial Engineering
Industrial Engineer Intern Resume
Objective : OPERATIONS & LEAN MANUFACTURING PROFESSIONAL Dynamic, qualified and highly ethical Lean practitioner and operations engineer with extensive experience introducing the processes and procedures necessary to achieve a competitive global manufacturer. Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt with success in analyzing manufacturing and supply chain operations, addressing problems and instituting metrics to provide an accurate picture of an organization's manufacturing and supply chain status.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Lean Manufacturing, Project Management, Autocad, Solid Works, Supervisory Skills, Kaizen, Inventory Control, Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Process Improvement, Six Sigma, Kanban, Team Leadership, Logistics, DMAIC, Production Management.
- Industrial Engineer responsible for improving labor efficiency, analyze and review product costs, facility planning, plant layout, capacity planning and leading Kaizen events.
- Led and provided engineering support during the startup/relocation and integration process for Swivel, Mesa and Integral manufacturing.
- Developed plant layout drawings and created 3D models of tooling and fixtures.
- Analyzed monthly labor efficiency, PCV reports and SPC Charts to drive action items to improve manufacturing performance.
- Observed all business processes to become a business process expert and a go to person for process improvement and leadership mentoring.
- Created and maintained current routings, BOM's, and standard costs for manufactured products.
- Identified methods to improve the value chain process by eliminating redundant activities and following more effective processes and procedures.
- Designed an excel based scheduling and capacity planning system that allowed operations to understand and plan the capacity of the plant.
Bachelor Of Science In Industrial Technology
Industrial Engineering Manager Resume
Headline : Knowledge on Human factors, Vehicle Ergonomics and Supply Chain Management with conceptualizing, design and benchmarking with respect to ergonomics standards. Proven success in self-managed and team based projects. Knowing on implementation of process improvement using 5s, Lean and Kaizen, MODAPTS and quality control techniques. Knowledge of quality system APQP, PPAP, VDA, FMEA and MSA. Familiar with manufacturing process flow, Corrective Action Planning and Root Cause Analysis.
Skills : Inventory Management, Process Flow, LEAN Implementation, Improvement Processes, Continuous Improvement.
- Use of plant simulation toolkit for forklift too optimization.
- Analyzed the impact & determined the additional man power requirement when the new process added to the existing process through data analysis and Microsoft excel Prepared an overall and daily report on performance, manpower on final line using Microsoft excel.
- Conduct the cycle time analysis and MODAPTS studies.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in quality, safety and productivity.
- Responsible for conducting ergonomics job evaluation and provide corrective actions.
- Logistics and supply chain data were analyzed using root cause, pereto and corrections were made.
- Monitored and reported the daily performance of the Rolls on shift wise, test type model wise and operator wise when a new process is added on the existing test.
- Developed the cycle line layout using CAD.
MS In Industrial Engineering
Industrial Engineer/Safety Manager Resume
Objective : SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS Offering more than fifteen (25) years of increasingly responsible experience and leadership in the following areas: General Management Manufacturing & Operations Management Team-Based Supervision, Training & Problem Solving Human Resources Personnel Recruiting, Selection, Supervision, Training, & Development Wage Analysis and Compensation Plan Design, Development and Implementation Industrial Engineering Ergonomics Cost Accounting Quality Control SPC Budget Preparation & Control Project Management Capital Equipment/ROI Analysis Purchasing Vendor Relations Customer Service Advanced Computer Operations Excellent Communications, Oral & Written.
Skills : Lean Manufacturing, Production Planning, Project Management,.
- Included the development and implementation of new processes, including the evaluation and selection of materials and equipments.
- Conducted time and motion study analyses, material flow analyses, line balancing and capacity analyses to develop production standards, manpower requirements and optimum plant layout.
- Implemented assembly instructions for shop floor personnel.
- Designed & implemented cellular manufacturing concept coincident with a process improvement design that reduced required assembly floor space from 40,000 + square feet to less than 20,000 square feet while simultaneously reducing assembly time from 3 hours to less than 1 hour.
- Developed, implemented and maintained efficiency/productivity/waste reporting system to inform management and facilitate continuous improvement analyses at the shop floor level.
- Conducted hazard analyses and recommended workstation design improvements.
- Second-shift superintendent during peak production periods.
Lead Industrial Engineer Resume
Summary : - A result-driven, team-oriented Engineering Professional with more than 10 years of broad-based experience and hands-on skills. - Verifiable record of success in managing product development/market research/logistics/production projects across multiple industry segments. - Ability to comprehend complex environments and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders. - Valued contributor with excellent organizational and technical skills in supporting large diverse client bases.
Skills : Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Inventory Management, Sourcing, Warehouse Management, Data Analysis, Project Management, Forecasting, Purchasing, Lean Manufacturing, Product Development, Quality Management, Team Building, Production Management, Client Services, Continuous Improvement.
- Managed a wide range of duties from engineering, procurement, logistics, inventory, and customer service.
- Sourcing/Purchasing/Supply Chain Management: Sourced and selected vendors to develop the company's manufacturing capability.
- Located suppliers, negotiated pricing, purchased materials, and applied Design of Experiments to develop products.
- Forecasting/Inventory Management: Forecasted demand and directed purchasing activities forming strong professional relationships with global vendors having the capabilities to provide quality goods at optimal pricing and delivery schedules.
- Third-Party Logistics: Managed activities of third-party logistics carriers on import/export shipments for goods delivery to customers, ensuring all activities complied with applicable customs regulations.
- Warehouse Management: Implemented zone location methods within the warehouse to increase efficiency, while also employing ABC analysis and cycle counting for controlling inventory accuracy.
- Client Presentations: Oversaw customer relations and servicing for 500 clients and a major retail distributor.
- Delivered high-quality, prompt communications via phone or email addressing order status or product issues.
Master's In Engineering And Technology Management
Complex Industrial Engineer Resume
Objective : To leverage my diverse industry experience in a company where I can integrate quality and lean methodology, people and strategy to facilitate rapid growth and high profitability.
Skills : Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
- Implemented Kaizen on different work stations as part of Continuous Improvement Pillar in CNH World Class Manufacturing program.
- Collected cell layout information and engineering data; made recommendations for cell layout design considering ergonomic issues using Lean Manufacturing methods.
- Used & analyzed data and information from all sources, determined best replenishment strategy and frequency for each part or family of parts for each cell.
- Established replenishment schedule for plant and warehouse for JIT replenishment.
- Updated database information for each work cell at the plant including replenishment style, container size, recommended quantity, etc.
- Tracked the productivity of the material handlers & other associates at the warehouse & the plant & prepared a weekly/monthly report for the management review.
- Participated in process improvement projects for plant & the warehouse as designated by management, including Six Sigma and other training.
Masters In Business Administration In Finance
Industrial Engineer Consultant Resume
Objective : Utilizing industrial engineering skills, including work methods, motion analysis, and ergonomics, to advise on the optimal method to design manual assembly stations leading to efficient layout of equipment, materials, and workspace Collaborate with senior engineers on a continuous improvement programs (Kaizen), ergonomics project, line balancing project, reducing kanban sizes, and waste removing project.
Skills : Expert Rating, Six Sigma Black Belt Certification In Dec. 2012.
- Calculate the optimal number of pallets required to support plant operations.
- Utilize available rack data to identify optimal line feed equipment to support plant operations.
- Work with plant to approve concepts and quantity required.
- Perform time & production studies, and other pre-engineered times, to develop labor standards.
- Recommend ways in which the warehouse layouts & workflow can be improved and become more effective & efficient at the customer site.
- Update customer on required changes and approval status.
- Design and create warehouse layouts for new and existing facilities using AutoCad.
- Create AutoCAD facility designs,excel templates, project Gantt charts, powerpoint, process flow charts and preparation of the resulting data for use in presentations.
Bachelor Of Science In Industrial Technology
Contract Industrial Engineer Resume
Summary : Seeking to obtain engineering knowledge and experience that will facilitate opportunities and educational growth. Utilize my leadership and engineering concepts to deliver results and exceed expectations when faced with challenges.
Skills : Proficient In Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint,.
- Evaluated and improved on processes in various departments from Engineering, Warehouse, and Purchasing to Fabrication, Machining, and Assembly.
- Improved process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Maintained reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Developed, implemented, documented and trained processes, procedures, and methodology to improve efficiencies and quality of products produced.
- Reviewed, revised and updated existing procedures and work instructions; documented, implemented and trained others on the changes.
- Initiated, planned, layout, and led capital (CAPEX) and non-capital equipment projects to ensure timely and cost-effective achievement of project objectives (saving more than 3 million dollars yearly since 2009).
- Collaborated with Production, Quality, and Finance to define expected operational success criteria and operational costs for proposed projects.
B.S. In Mechanical Engineering
Senior Industrial Engineer Resume
Summary : Knowledge on Human factors, Vehicle Ergonomics and Supply Chain Management with conceptualizing, design and benchmarking with respect to ergonomics standards. Proven success in self-managed and team based projects. Knowing on implementation of process improvement using 5s, Lean and Kaizen, MODAPTS and quality control techniques. Knowledge of quality system APQP, PPAP, VDA, FMEA and MSA. Familiar with manufacturing process flow, Corrective Action Planning and Root Cause Analysis.
Skills : Secret Clearance.
- Privately held bindery service and commercial printing of magazines, catalogs, periodicals, brochures with $6M in revenue and 200 employees.
- Identified process improvement opportunities, developed action plans and implemented corrective actions affecting product quality.
- Established control measures to track operations that allow management to make effective decisions.
- Conducted work measurement/time and motion studies.
- Analyzed and recommended facilities layout/plant floor optimization.
- Trained employees on the identification and execution of process improvements.
- Transferred technical knowledge to plant personnel through leadership and training.
- Managed engineering standards for manufacturing.
Industrial Engineer Assistant Resume
Objective : Experience in the manufacturing operations, ability to work efficiently within a team, competent at managing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, good interpersonal skills, self-motivated and quick learner, strong problem solving and analytic skills, good technical & software skills.
Skills : Welding, Fabrication, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Customer Service, Management.
- Led yearly review of budget routers to ensure accuracy for budget runtimes and setups.
- Performed weekly downtime analysis for weekly production review meetings with management.
- Data is used by different groups to identify and pursue projects.
- Led data collection team, role was to coordinate and ensure that all data was collected accurately and on schedule.
- Had to train individuals and effectively communicate all issues with all 3 shifts of production.
- Created and conducted a study to optimize a bottle packaging line using Excel and Line Balancing Techniques, recommended suggestions such as: accumulation tables and speed increases.
- Conducted a study of the current downtime tracking process and identified the inaccuracies and potential impacts to the organization.
Bachelor Of Science In Industrial Supervision
Civil And Industrial Engineer Resume
Objective : To obtain a position as an industrial engineer where I can utilize my skills and experience in project management, continuous improvement projects, and labor standards development.
Skills : Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Autocad, SQL, Sql Server.
- Supported and helped balance daily production in order to reduce labor hours and increase on-time deliveries.
- Developed a weekly volume forecast model to help operations team make decisions on utilization of labor.
- Designed, implemented and maintained a new Labor Management System (LMS) in the largest labor driven department to increase productivity.
- Managed and designed MS Access databases to monitor labor performance and employee attendance.
- Utilized AutoCAD and MS Visio to make warehouse layout changes to help increase productivity.
- Analyzed large amounts of data using Minitab and MS Excel to determine trends and patterns.
- Managed warehouse Lean, Six Sigma program to drive continuous improvement projects in order to reduce labor costs and increase warehouse organization.
Industrial And Systems Engineering
Industrial Engineer Resume
Objective : An individual of a professional background seeking to utilize my numerous years of experience in management and engineering to assist a company with improving profits, and decreasing costs.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Data Analysis, People Skills.
- Analyzed production operations and facilities layout to determine and specify the most efficient manufacturing methods, equipment and workstation layouts.
- Planned sequence of operations and work flow.
- Established methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel.
- Conducted studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
- Studied methods and plan utilization of facilities, equipment, and materials to improve efficiency of operations.
- Prepared charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, and material handling.
- Determined functions and responsibilities of workers and work units to identify areas of reengineering.
- Developed and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods.
Certificate In Six Sigma Green Belt