Design Quality Engineer Resume
Summary : Sr. Design Quality Engineer with a focus on quality control and lean six sigma. Almost eleven years of working experience as a quality engineer in the manufacturing industry. During my past work period, I have been evolved in global team cooperation and project management which help me build solid skills in communication and cooperation. To help a growing organization develop, and promote superior quality customer service, increase revenue; and develop positive employee relations.
Skills : ISO, Microsoft Suite, Process Improvement, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Manufacturing
- Responsible for providing quality inspection criteria for incoming, in-process materials and finished products to prevent the shipment of defective or nonconforming product.
- Acting as a liaison between the company's quality department and customers and suppliers in the inspection and release of the product.
- Working with production and engineering to review these metrics by the department and assisting in the creation of root cause analysis and corrective action plans.
- Serving as the first point of contact with customers on defective or nonconforming assemblies and products.
- Evaluating the cause of the problem and determining if the product is defective or nonconforming to customer specifications.
- Evaluating the cause of occurrence and recommending and initiating corrective action.
- Reviewing and approving quality control inspection criteria developed by inspectors.
- Answering technical questions, assisting in resolving difficult inspection problems and provides guidance.
- Helping train inspectors in inspection techniques and quality review procedures.
Bachelor Of Science
Software Quality Engineer Resume
Summary : A versatile and skilled Design Quality Engineer with excellent hands-on experience in improving the quality of products and services for manufacturing operations. An assertive manager with outstanding interpersonal, communications, negotiation, and people management skills as a result of strong problem-solving ability and communication and teaching skills. Seeking an Industrial Engineering full-time position that will challenge me to use my education, experience, and skills in order to collaborate with the growth of the company and my professional career.
Skills : Quality Control, MS Office, Engineering, Inventory Management, Autocad, Document Control, Excel, Management, Process Improvement, Process Improvement, Inspection, Blueprint Reading
- Ensuring the local organization has the necessary hardware and software capability to assure products and systems meet specified requirements and customer expectations.
- Acting timely as coordinator in customer complaints to analyze root cause and take corrective and preventive actions.
- During the development phase, collaborating with R&D in product reliability and design for manufacturing.
- Collaborating with engineering staff to develop test protocols as necessary to investigate the integrity of new products or new functionality for existing products.
- Defining and ensuring that tests (according to standards, customer oriented, zero tolerance and field tests) are performed before gate 5.
- Designing, developing and implementing an effective Opportunity of Performing Quality (OPQ) measurement process that quantifies the scope of wastes and inefficiencies in the business.
- Prioritizing areas for improvement, identifying improvement actions and focuses on causes and corrective actions to reduce OPQ.
- Overseeing weekly and monthly quality reports and improvement activities.
- Monitoring and reviewing progress and suggesting the correction in order to meet the key performance indicator targets.
Bachelor in Industrial Engineering
Sr Software Quality Engineer Resume
Summary : Lead Software Quality Engineer to be employed by a company that will take advantage of my skills who in return will provide me with opportunities for growth. My ability to communicate well in English and Spanish has provided me with the opportunity to work closely with customers, management, and manufacturing associates resulting in improved customer relations and resolving issues in a quick and efficient manner. My practical experience, positive attitude, attention to detail, and eagerness to achieve goals will add value to your company through team building, problem-solving and improved systems.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, And Access. Also Fluid In Mastercam And AutoCAD. Knowledge Of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Logistics, Materials Management, Inventory Management, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Motion And Time Study, And Quality Control.
- Managed material review boards and problem resolution teams to reduce scrap from 1.85% of sales to. 35% of sales.
- Managed internal audit process where gaps were identified and addressed with corrective actions.
- Managed document control process to ensure compliance to quality, customer, and environmental standards.
- Led process owner teams to update, review, and implement quality and environmental procedures to ensure compliance with internal and external customer criteria.
- Control plans were revised to include all customer and internal requirements.
- Created quality survey and implemented to measure training effectiveness and training needs.
- First survey results were 55% of employees understood quality requirements.
- Managed teams to improve the recycling program and achieved improvements in reductions in waste from 8% to 85%.
- Mentored co-workers in the projects by sharing the application knowledge.
Bachelors in Business Administration
Supplier Quality Engineer Resume
Summary : Mechanical / Quality Engineer with a large experience in quality tools application and manufacturing processes in the automotive industry, shop floor background in assembly line applying continuous improvement. Focus on customer orientation, lean thinking with strong organizational, communication and leadership skills. To engage in a position that utilizes my many years of experience in Quality Control and Quality Assurance and supervision of workgroups.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Lean Manufacturing, Productivity Apps: MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Autocad, SolidWorks
- Helping chain support, making calls on accept/reject for dimensional, functional, and cosmetic issues of fairings, saddlebags, tour packs, windshields, and other plastic components.
- Evaluating issues and if necessary issuing quality alerts for awareness and containment.
- Following issues back through the process to find ownership and to implement corrective actions.
- Investigating fit issues with purchased components and issuing NCM's to the vendor as necessary.
- Performing process audits, 5s audits, manufacturing system audits, workstation audits, and daily production audits.
- Working with team leaders and workgroup advisors for continuous improvement implementation.
- Working with new product launch team to successfully submit parts for MRD and IPPAP.
- Assisting in calibration scheduling and reports for all torque drivers and measuring devices.
- Working with outside CMM sources for new tool verification and product validation.
Quality Engineer Technician Resume
Headline : A Jr.Quality Engineer with a strong background in the development and production phases of customer specification in the automotive, aviation, steel and aluminum industry. Core strengths: Innovative problem-solving abilities, interpersonal skills with customer, motivating the management of production teams and coaching skills. Seeking a full-time position in the Quality Engineering or Technology field while being part of a team-oriented environment.
Skills : Root Cause Analysis, Corrective Actions, Non-conformance Reports, SAP, Solidworks, GD&T, Project Engineering, Design For Manufacture, Design For Assembly, Failure Mode And Effect Analysis
- Reviewing and approving all new and updated internal manufacturing process plans.
- Adhering to faa, EASA, AS9100, D6-1276, pride, ls-SBU-A001-SQA, and other customer quality control documents.
- Analyzing non-conformance reports (NCM's) developed internally as well as from customers and provide effective root cause analysis while simultaneously implementing lean sigma six activities to drive continuous improvement.
- Developing corrective actions for the NCMR's and also assisting in the implementing of the developed corrective actions.
- Publishing company procedures and internal specifications for auditing purposes and participating in customer audits for internal chrome grind process and machining of heat treatment test pieces.
- Submitting critical manufacturing plans and special-process techniques to the customer upon a preliminary review for approval.
- Updating open/active work orders within the facility and systems for revision or operation-specific changes.
- Coordinating with process planners/engineers during the process planning phase to ensure necessary quality requirements are met for new part numbers.
Master Of Engineering
Lead Quality Engineer Resume
Headline : Lead Quality Engineer accomplished in the Quality, Manufacturing, and Validation Engineering environment. During various quality projects, consistently exhibit a proven ability to increase quality in production areas and in the documentation that reduce compliance risks. Effective in enhancing functional improvements and minimizing production cost. Seeking a permanent position. To obtain a position in an organization where I can utilize my knowledge and skills, advance in my career, and assist in promoting other teams and individuals to success.
Skills : Inspecting Prefabrication And Erection Activities, Line Check Of Piping Systems, Interpret Blue Prints, Follow Weld Procedures, Witness Non-Destructive Examination, Material Traceability, Facility And Plant Modifications, Pressure Testing, Micrometer, And Caliper Inspections,
- Initiating NCR (non-conforming reports) and CPARs (corrective and preventative action reports) for non-conforming product and utilize a3 problem solving technique to prevent imperfections and inconsistencies in production and quality.
- Performing audits to advance working processes by eliminating time consuming activities which will ultimately improve production.
- Monitoring production and assembly activities in the warehouse and at subcontractor's facility.
- Performing final inspection and creating MRB of the finished product, conferring with logistics to release product for shipment.
- Verifying product (incoming materials and finished goods) and doc review against code & client requirements and blueprints.
- Creating, editing, maintaining, developing, and retrieving documentation in support of the quality system per ISO 9001:2008 including (by way of example and not exclusion) qms, qops, cpars, ncrs, itps, audit plans/results/reports, calibration records, work instructions, paint procedures, weld procedures, welder qualifications, and nde qualifications.
- Arranging lessons learned meeting, if necessary, in between PMS, PES, procurement, production, and quality team to prevent repetitive mistakes.
- Collecting and transmitting project quality documents, as required for submittal to clients.
- By example and not exclusion, includes test plans, working procedures, certifications, manufacturer record book and instruction operating a manual.
Bachelors Of Science
Contractor - Quality Engineer Resume
Summary : Contractor - Quality Engineer 7+ years of high-speed manufacturing experience utilizing Lean and six sigma techniques. Experienced in effective data collection and analysis of complex systems/processes. Looking for a work environment to continue progressing and leading in these areas. Interested in a position with a company that utilizes job training to promote individual opportunity and professional growth while making positive contributions to the organization.
Skills : Complex Problem Solving, Microsoft/Linux/Minitab/Databases, Technical/Analytical, Leadership, Validation IQ/OQ/PQ, Project Leading, Process Improvement, 5S, Lean Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing
- Responsibilities include utilizing statistical and analytical methods to monitor and evaluate all aspects of the manufacturing facility.
- Performed data collection and analysis focusing on site KPI's for overall site improvement.
- Initiated and lead investigations using root cause analysis and risk analysis to determine risk, cost and corrective actions to be implemented.
- Worked on continuous improvements based on findings from data analysis and investigation findings.
- Continuous monitoring of equipment to control process variation and improve equipment efficiency and reliability.
- Led all validations of new equipment and process to ensure efficiency and effectiveness while maintaining highest quality standards.
- Controlled change request of all new process and equipment, evaluate cost analysis, productivity gains, and scrap reduction to determine justifications for changes.
- Worked closely with the Director of quality to ensure cGMP and ISO compliance across all departments.
- Created center-lines for equipment to reduce quality risk and improve machine efficiency; improving changeover times by 50%.
- Improved equipment process capability by 150% through the design of experiments.
Master's in Operations Management
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer Resume
Summary : An analytical, highly autonomous Senior Supplier Quality Engineer with more than 8 years of experience in manufacturing operations including Project Planning, labor management, and process improvements. Expertise in creating, implementing and maintaining quality / operating systems. Managed both routine quality operations and special assignments to enhance customer satisfaction. To obtain a position where I can maximize my management skills, quality engineering, program development, and training experience.
Skills : Supplier Management, Quality Management, ISO, Microsoft Office, Process Improvement, Technical Writing, FDA, Auditing, CAPA Management, Root Cause Analysis, Risk Management, Risk Assessment, Project Management
- Responsibilities involved turning around a troubled program through targeted problem solving and profit-creating techniques.
- Oversaw a redesign of a degater to include specific parameters for this defect.
- Rewrote work instructions for this operation to ensure compliance with customer-specific demands.
- Oversaw the restructuring of the molding process with the specific goal of reducing the number of defects caused by scratches.
- Managed a team of plating engineers to redesign and restructure all plating racks used for the component piece.
- Participated in multiple kaizen events with the goal of retraining all assembly operators to be able to identify defective product and improve the workflow of the cell.
- Rewrote work instructions according to ideas given by team members and data mined by industrial engineering staff.
- Removed the final assembly from third-party inspection and instituted a GP-12 process.
Bachelor Of Science
Advanced Quality Engineer Resume
Summary : Advanced Quality Engineer with a proven track record of managing and completing multiple projects within the same timeline. Team leader in team building and problem-solving groups. Ford Q-1 team leader. Exceptional record for passing internal and external audits. Outstanding ability to exceed expectations and goals by managing employees and resources to their full potential while maintaining excellent customer service.
Skills : Root Cause Analysis, SPC, PFMEA, AQP, ISO9001, AS9100, Internal Auditing, Quality Management, FDA, ISO, CGMP, UDI, Regulatory Compliance, Quality Assurance, Technical Writing, Auditing
- Responsibilities: customer contact for ford motor company, Mazda motor company, and sister Faurecia plants for all plant/ customer issues and needs.
- Responsible for verifying all 18 elements of PPAP is correct to customer requirements.
- Responsible for customer specific requirements on a daily basis and for the ts audit for ford.
- Ensuring proper gaging and tolerances are respected and understood by the operators through working and training operators as needed.
- Reduced customer complaints by 60% within 18 months by working with the customer and working with employees to ensure quality was being respected.
- Passed multiple audits for the quality department TS/ISO, FES, and customer audits perfect score on SPC training program through three rivers college.
- Initiated, reviewed, analyzed and closed nonconformance reports of raw material, finished products, and audit NCRs.
Masters Of Business Administration
Customer Quality Engineer Resume
Headline : Accomplished On-Site Customer Quality Engineer with 15+ years of progressive experience and proven record of significant, successful contribution in quality management, project management, process improvement, business analysis/evaluation, product-development life cycle methodologies, supplier management, and quality management systems, processes, standards, and systems in a wide range of organizations that previously had no standards or programs in place. To employ my knowledge and experience in Quality Assurance/Control Engineering and management with the intention of securing a professional career with an opportunity for challenges and career advancement.
Skills : Quality Control, Microsoft Office Suite, Management, Metrology, Proofreading, Process Improvement, Product Development, Process Improvement, Product Development
- Assisting the Quality Manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system.
- Supporting finished goods variance investigation and resolution, complaint investigation, process improvement, and quality assurance testing methodology.
- Participating in or leads corrective/preventive action initiatives and ensure timely resolution of supplier failure.
- Maintaining/monitoring TS16949 QMS working closely with the corporate quality management team for support and guidance managing suppliers' performance and conduct audits.
- Assuring value stream activities remain in compliance with ISO and TS16949 regulations/ standards/ guidelines, and facility SOPs and policies and customer requirements responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5s, kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Reviewing customer and supplier requirements in the development of new programs regarding PPAP submissions interface with engineering and operations to ensure transfer to production of new products are in accordance with approved data.
- Maintaining effective working relations, communications, and feedback with all other departments.
- Ensuring that all record keeping and documentation is completed in a timely manner/according to established policies.
- Supporting the quality inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.