Inventory Accountant Resume
Summary : Dedicated Inventory Accountant with over 20 years of accounting management experience in manufacturing, with expertise in change management, systems implementation, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
Skills : Word, Employee Training, Inventory Supervisor.
- Tracked inventory activity for four manufacturing plants, three warehouses, five public warehouses, and twenty consignment warehouses.
- Calculated FIFO and LIFO inventory valuations.
- Worked with manufacturing and inventory personnel to resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Coordinated annual physical inventory.
- Processed Improvement team member.
- Assisted with manual and periodic inventories including preparation, cutoffs, audit of counts and reconciliations.
- Reviewed and approved product purchases for payment ensuring correct general ledger coding.
Masters In Business
Sr. Inventory Accountant Resume
Headline : To obtain a Inventory Accountant position with company that utilizes the achievements, skills, strategic thinking and abilities that will enable to consistently exceed the production goals.
Skills : Inventory Management, Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Invoicing, Accounting.
- Streamlined company operations, to identify more productive methods to reduced expenses.
- Determined time frame, procedures, staffing requirements, and resources for starting a new project.
- Conducted daily cycle counts and investigated inventory discrepancies and vendor receipt errors.
- Created a computerized inventory system that reduced manpower by 25% in cost accounting and inventory procedures.
- Analyzed results of operations for substantial gains and efficient utilization of resources.
- Prepared weekly project status reports for management.
- Controlled purchasing and inventory levels by accurately forecasting items supply requirements.
- Coordinated the implementation and integration of multiple operations support systems.
Jr. Inventory Accountant Resume
Summary : Inventory Accountant professional with extensive diversified experience. Proven ability to adapt well to new technology and utilize new technologies as they become available. Comfortable with data and analytics.
Skills : Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable.
- Ensured that inventory received in the warehouse internationally/domestically is matched with the actual invoices from the supplier on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Received in a warehouse to ensure all duty is accurately accounted for.
- Maintained fixed assets including additions, disposals, monthly depreciation calculations and reconciliations.
- Compiled and posted monthly journal entries for inventory transactions as well as any accruals necessary into the General Ledger system.
- Verified General Ledger account balances and resolve account discrepancies by reconciling/reviewing transactions to supporting documentation.
- Calculated and prepared overseas agent commissions statement to expedite payment.
- Prepared audit work schedules for quarterly and annual external audits.
- Assisted auditors with any questions concerning the information provided.
Inventory Accountant III Resume
Summary : Results oriented and top performing financial professional with over 8 years of progressive experience supporting diverse business organizations. Respond to challenges with determination and focus while adapting to ever changing business conditions.
Skills : Accounting, Inventory, Materials Management, Purchasing.
- Tracked parts and finished goods inventory.
- Prepared reconciling and recurring journal entries and accruals.
- Analyzed and interpret variances between P&L budget/actual /past results.
- Reconciled all accounts and subsidiary ledgers, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and fixed assets.
- Reviewed accuracy of balances and transactions, investigated and resolved any discrepancies.
- Reviewed contracts, licenses, and rate sheets to determine royalties due.
- Ensured the accuracy of statements in terms of units sold, gross sales, and rates applied.
Inventory Accountant II Resume
Summary : Inventory Accountant with a proven track record of success in leading cross-functional teams and interdepartmental projects to improve operational and accounting reporting, information technology systems, procurement strategies, cost savings initiatives, and inventory/cost controls for small to medium sized rapidly growing businesses.
Skills : SAP, Oracle, SQL, OBIE, Intermediate Excel, JD Edwards,.
- Prepared monthly variance analysis and reasonableness test of parts inventory Make monthly journal entries to record inventory purchases, transfers, and returns.
- Assisted in the inventory cycle counts.
- Prepared inventory schedules for yearly internal and external audits Enter and maintain a fixed asset schedule.
- Prepared monthly depreciation for fleet inventory.
- Prepared monthly roll forward reports for fleet inventory.
- Prepared monthly cycle count for fleet inventory.
- Updated and monitored AFE requests and processing.
BS In Finance
Inventory Accountant I Resume
Summary : To obtain an Inventory Accountant in a prestigious organization that fully utilizes experience and abilities to assist the organization in reaching its goals and objectives.
Skills : Basic Construction, Packaging, Inventory Control Supervisor.
- Responsible for daily maintenance and reconciling multiple general ledger accounts for multiple dealerships throughout the nation using various accounting processes for different manufactures.
- Prepared journal entries for adjustments as needed.
- Managed and maintained vehicle database, inventory accounts, payables for vehicle purchases, and transportation accruals for multiple dealerships across the nation.
- Processed significant amounts of intercompany transactions between multiple Group 1 owned dealerships.
- Reviewed and verified paperwork for all vehicle purchases to satisfy Sarbanes-Oxley Act and internal audit procedures and standards.
- Issued checks and approves Automated Clearing House payments in the number of days for vehicles purchased.
- Provided assistance and support to Controllers, General Managers, Sales Managers, and staff at multiple dealerships.
A.A.S. In Accounting
Inventory Accountant/Supervisor Resume
Objective : To obtain a challenging Inventory Accountant position within a growing company that will provide an opportunity to advance and use various skills to achieve potential.
Skills : Accounting, Inventory, Materials Management, Purchasing.
- Made sure each operation meets shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Analyzed production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Planned and scheduled workflow for each department and operation according to established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Planned sequence of assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
- Determined the status of assigned projects, expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepared production reports and gathering the necessary information for analysis of labor utilization and efficiency.
- Prepared work packages also known as work orders, including detailed instructions, drawings, bills of material, references, inspection requirements, etc.
Inventory Accountant/Coordinator Resume
Summary : Over 20 years background, Finance and Project Lead, in manufacturing environment. Particular expertise in budget and forecast development, internal control reviews, inventory management, audit compliance and government reporting, profit and loss analytical and system implementation.
Skills : Quickbooks, Yardi, Excel, Oracle, SAP, JD.
- Managed an inventory in excess of $300,000 for 18 US airport locations containing multiple stores.
- Compiled and reviewed monthly physical inventory reports for valuation and U.O.M.
- Reconciled inventory receipts to the general ledger monthly.
- Recorded all journal entries for inventory monthly.
- Produced cost of goods sold reports monthly.
- Processed and ensured the integrity of inventory transfers between airport locations.
- Coordinated monthly physical inventory establishing cut-off and due dates.
- Maintained inventory management system for all new locations, products, or vendors.
- Identified system and procedural problems with the POS system.
BS In Accounting
Inventory Accountant/Manager Resume
Headline : A career in an organization that challenges and inspires to grow professionally. Being a person with determination and dedication willing to work for an organization that values commitment to create and implementing innovative solutions.
Skills : Forklift, Production, Packer, Machine Operator.
- Answered customers' questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection.
- Received, opened, unpacked and issued sales floor merchandise.
- Cleaned display cases, shelves, and aisles.
- Compared merchandise invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct.
- Changed price tags on merchandise, referring to price list.
- Conducted store audits to identify problem areas or procedural deficiencies.
- Identified and reported merchandise or stock shortages.
Inventory Accountant Resume
Summary : Inventory Accountant with an exceptionally diverse background in financial analysis, accounting and military experience. Skilled at training and developing business professionals. Experienced in strategic planning, process improvement and creating operational metric dashboards.
Skills : Financial Analysis, Accounting, Inventory Manager.
- Responsible for the accuracy and reliability of inventory accounting and accurate financial reporting.
- Initiated and implemented process improvement initiative of monthly cycle counts resulting in a more accurate and efficient method for quarterly inventory valuation.
- Trained all warehouse staff on appropriate inventory policies and procedures.
- Initiated and created new analytical modeling that highlighted historical trending, recurring issues, cost changes and book to physical errors using Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel.
- Implemented inventory obsolescence process by analyzing slow-moving inventory on an annual basis and worked with remote staff to timely write-off slow moving inventory.
- Developed business requirements for the accounting system conversion project.
- Tracked all receipts and consumption of alloys, fluxes, and supplies for the melt shop on a daily basis.
Bachelors Of Business