Laboratory Assistant Resume
Summary : To enter the Accounting field and gain valuable experience to advance my career. I am currently seeking employment for a future move to Killeen, TX. I will be able to start employment June 2012. My spouse is currently stationed in South Korea. We will be relocating to Fort Hood in early May of 2012.
Skills : Microsoft office proficiency.
- Work in fast pace physician office with large population, and diversity requiring excellent communication skills.
- Specimen preparation and analysis, knowledgeable of laboratory tests.
- Send out specimens to Quest Diagnostics and Labcorp laboratory.
- Assist patients with testing procedures, perform venipuncture, obtain specimens and enter test to be conducted on specimen.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills Trained in phlebotomy and practice Universal Precautions.
- Data entry and record keeping for laboratory.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Office, and PowerPoint.
BS In Healthcare Administration
Technical Laboratory Assistant Resume
Summary : Self motivated, energetic and organized. Years of hospital and outpatient work experience. Academic experience in Engineering focused on Quality, Test and Financial Engineering. Currently seeking an entry level position to accompany concepts obtained at the University level and/or to continue medical career. Proven managerial and communication skills with a background in medical and food service supervision.
Skills : I operated computer software specific to Mayo Clinic.
- Performed clerical duties utilizing knowledge of medical terminology and hospital, clinic, and laboratory procedures.
- Compiled and recorded medical charts, reports and correspondence, used word processor.
- Retrieved and communicated test results with accuracy and precision as requested from nursing stations, registered patients into the computers, verified doctors' orders and laboratory.
- Scheduled patients for select testing, instructed patients about collection samples for testing.
- Gathered, compiled, and prepared statistics for Quality Assurance insures to include: turn-around time studies, newborn screen profiles, and specimen collections discrepancies.
- Collected and processed all lab specimens for testing.
- Maintained log for all laboratory testing.
- Collected and processed all lab specimens for testing.
Chemistry Laboratory Assistant Resume
Objective : Highly qualified Laboratory Assistant with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Typing, Phlebotomy, Customer Service Skills, Lab, Cleaning, Administrative Skills.
- Followed strict standard operating procedures (SOPs) and GXPs established from FDA and OSHA regulations.
- Maintained a sterile and clean work environment.
- Scheduled and performed quality control on all receiving and outgoing blood samples.
- Centrifuged samples to isolate white blood cell plasma.
- Created titrations and dilutions for antibody blood test.
- Sent appropriate samples for additional testing.
- Entered blood samples into database using Citrix and Freezer works.
- Appropriately labeled and stored specimens.
Master Of Epidemiology In Epidemiology
Phlebotomist/Laboratory Assistant Resume
Objective : Technical: cathodic protection, organic synthesis & purification, titration, chromatography (gas/tlc) Instrumental: general lab equipment, gas chromatogram, spectroscope (IR, HNMR) Computational: MS Excel, ChemCad, MS Office, MATLAB, Comsol, Solid Works, Java, and basic C++.
Skills : Skills Conducting Qualitative And Quantitative Research: Focus Groups, Transcription And Coding, Interviewing, Survey Design; Grant Writing And Literature Searches. Well-versed In SPSS Database; And Microsoft Visio, Word, PowerPoint, And Excel. CPR And First Aid Certified 2011.
- Patient screening and intake counseling; handling crisis situations, maintaining confidentiality.
- Research project assistance; administering assessments, psychological batteries, biological monitoring.
- Developing health education materials and presenting on eating disorders.
- Led inter-department UCSD Eating Disorder Task Force, integrating multiple departments.
- Management and organization of clinic expansion project; development of job descriptions, interpreting and implementing policies and procedures, coordination with multiple university departments and businesses.
- Administration assistance; grant editing, IRB submission, arranging travel, purchasing, managing schedules.
- Directing expressive art projects with youth.
MA In Public Health
Environmental Science Laboratory Assistant Resume
Objective : Providing technical and implementation support in Epic's Surgical Module (Epic Certified in OpTime/Anesthesia). Owning development projects and improving internal training, analytical reporting and end-user's workflow. Knowledgeable in the Healthcare IT industry and government's regulation (Meaningful Use/ICD-10 Codes) Excellent project management skills in implementing new functionalities and troubleshooting with customers.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Performed analysis on 500+ water samples per month, testing for the presence of E.
- Performed clinical laboratory tests during, and after, in-house STI Clinics including culturing samples, reading gram stains and wet mount slides, rapid detection tests for Trichomonas antigen and HIV antibodies and antigen, and syphilis.
- Responsible for record keeping, audits, inventory, media quality control, QuickBooks billing, training new laboratory assistants, SOP creation, and maintenance of reports and files.
- Attended conferences and workshops including the Texas HIV/STD Conference, the TCEQ Public Drinking Water Conference, and the Southwestern Association of Clinical Microbiology Conference.
- Introduced and implemented the OSOM Trichomonas Rapid Test during STI clinics for females, more than doubling the number of females being properly diagnosed with Trichomoniasis, therefore ensuring earlier treatment.
- Presented a poster titled "Evaluation of the OSOM Trichomonas Rapid Antigen Test versus Microscopic Wet Mounts in a Public Health Clinic" at SWACM conference in September 2015.
- Collected data for a grant research project with the 4th generation Alere Determine(TM) HIV-1/2 Ag/Ab Combo test.
Sr. Laboratory Assistant Resume
Summary : To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, educational background, and ability to work well with people.
Skills : Extensive work experience with Microsoft products including.
- Perform Shipping and Receiving duties by receiving, storing, issuing, delivering, and inventorying of supplies, equipment and/or property and maintenance of records, related to these activities.
- Unpack supplies while checking descriptions, amounts, and identification number.
- Place supplies into appropriate locations, check existing inventories for current levels and discrepancies, and conduct inventory of supplies.
- Order supplies through procurement system.
- Perform a combination of routine, manual, and supply-clerical duties.
- Maintain accurate stock of records and schedules.
- Dispense gas for the 3 County vehicles and arrange for washing and maintenance with ISD garage.
- In regards to Central Accessioning unit complete large workloads of receiving, sorting, labeling, scanning, and entry of specimens into PHL computer system.
Clinical Laboratory Assistant Resume
Summary : I am seeking a position with a company where I can use my talents and skills to grow and expand the company.
Skills : Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, Data Analysis, Organizational Skills, Oral Communication, Written Communication, phenotyping, Customer Service.
- Receives, greets and assists guests/patients in a timely and courteous manner.
- Answers phone in a courteous, clear and timely manner recording orders for lab tests and accurately giving out appropriate reports to proper personnel.
- Accurately and in a timely manner inputs and accesses information via the hospital and laboratory computer systems.
- Orders lab tests in a timely and accurate manner, implementing proper rules of compliance such as ICD9 coding, signs and symptoms.
- Appropriately instructs patients in ABN requests.
- Seeks appropriate advice in pursuing billing issues.
- Effectively and in a timely manner monitors/corrects interface logs and other computer reports as assigned.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE In NURSING
Laboratory Assistant Resume
Objective : Motivated, educated, goal-oriented individual exhibited through professional and educational achievements Intuitive, dynamic, resourceful worker capable of working individually or as part of a team Strong interpersonal communication skills developed through educational and service positions Knowledge of medical terminology and comfortable interacting with medical and academic professionals.
Skills : Customer Service, Research Experience, Adequate experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, etc., Lab Maintenence, Lab machine operator.
- Accession specimens, Cover-slip and label slides following guidelines outlined in the Histology Procedure Manual.
- Maintain a clean and safe prep work area according to LCP Infection/Exposure Control and Chemical Hygiene guidelines.
- Handle tissue orders, referrals and send outs.
- Prepares and labels necessary stains and reagents according to procedures outlined in the procedure manual.
- Maintains record keeping logs according to policy manual guidelines, maintains equipment according to company procedures.
- Enter and print necessary labels, prints necessary patient history information, files histology requisitions and slides, fill client supply orders.
- Ensures proper disposal of wet tissue and chemicals as per company policy.
AS In Networking And Telecommunications
Biology Laboratory Assistant Resume
Objective : Extensive experience in healthcare as provider and researcher. Medical Graduate with training in surgery. Master in Clinical and translational Science. Certified Phlebotomist-Processor. Trained in research and publication techniques. Equally strong in handling of high responsibilities tasks and assignments. Highly patient satisfaction minded.
Skills : Biology and Chemistry Laboratory experience, Microsoft Products, Multiple Microbiology skillsets.
- Quantifying Trophic interactions of herbivorous fish within the coral reef ecosystems of the Florida Keys.
- Accurate cataloging of algae species for a more precise and accurate reading.
- Preparation of field equipment and macroalgae for nutrient analysis.
- Assist labs with nutrient sampling and preparation.
- Ability to work under time restraints in order to get the research completed and published.
- Florida International University Foraging Ecology within the Florida Coastal Everglades Field Assistant Field work tagging Bull Sharks (Carcharhinus leucas).
- Preparation of equipment, recording accurate measurements, collecting tissue samples of sharks for genetic analysis.
- Learned importance of precision to detail.
Bachelor Of Science In Marine Biology
R&D Laboratory Assistant Resume
Summary : Diligent, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic individual who maintains an excellent professional relationship on all levels. Knowledgeable of quality control, customer relation, office environment, and laboratory processes. Maintains a background that includes a record of improving efficiency and effectiveness within the quality control and medical (Pathology) fields. Excels at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and demonstrates strong communication, administrative, and customer service skills.
Skills : word, excel and power point, outlook.
- Cytoprocessor Performed various tasks and duties associated with Pathology in the Cytology field.
- Tasks performed include but are not limited to: Customer Relations - Interacted with doctors, clients, and patients on a daily basis.
- Responded to office phones and scheduled fine needle aspirations.
- Ordered testing for gynecological and non-gynecological specimens.
- Courier - Retrieved and delivered specimens to and from office buildings and hospitals.
- Delivered interdepartmental mail and reporting to clients.
- Ensured that specimens were forwarded to the proper department.
- Specimen Processing - Operated a multitude of Cytology equipment and instrumentation.
Medical Office Assistant
Research Laboratory Assistant Resume
Objective : I am a sincere, loyal and dedicated individual who has a great deal of ambition. I love to learn and I am always up to a challenge, ability to multitask. I get along well with others while also working efficiently on my own. I am seeking a position where I can develop and excel while giving my best to an employer.
Skills : Microsoft Excel, Cathodic Protection, Matlab, ChemCad, Java, Mathematics, chemistry.
- Receive specimens and process accordingly using the program Sunquest.
- Sort test requests following departmental protocol and safety requirements.
- Process and set up cultures for microbiological analysis.
- Process specimens under a sterilization hood.
- Use a variety of laboratory instruments: cytocentrifuge, centrifuge, gram stainer, etc.
- Transport inoculated plates to the correct chambers (CO2, room air, anaerobic chamber).
- Troubleshoot patient order and specimen problems and communicates with client base to solve issues.
- Perform daily start up procedures and check testing stations for adequate reagents and supplies.
Bachelor Of Science In Biology
Laboratory Assistant Resume
Objective : My objective is to obtain a position as a biologist or chemist preferably in the fields of microbiology and biomedical sciences. I am also eligible for environmental health science trainee positions and am interested in the fields of environmental toxicology, vector borne disease control and hazardous materials management.
Skills : Polymerase Chain Reaction, DNA Extraction, Autoclaving, Northern Blotting, Southern Blotting, Western Blotting, Immunoassay Testing, Agarose Gel Electrophoreses, Gel Extraction, Vector Cloning, Pipetting, IR Spectroscopy, Cell Culture And Maintenance.
- Conducted research on Arabidopsis to find the link between two genes and the ability for the plant to perform photosynthesis.
- Performed Polymerase Chain Reaction to amplify the Arabidopsis genes in question.
- Performed Gel Electrophoresis to verify the amplification is successful.
- Prepared gene samples for cloning and sequencing.
- Performed DNA extraction on tissue samples.
- Performed Gel Extraction on DNA from Gel Electrophoresis to be used for cloning and sequencing.
- Used an autoclave to sterilize and prepare agar and media for bacterial growth.
- Recorded all data collected and processes used during the experimentation using written and electronic methods and.
Bachelor Of Science In Chemistry