Light Wheel Mechanic Resume
Summary : To obtain a responsible Light Wheel Mechanic position in which skills, education, and hands-on experience will provide benefit to a progressive organization as a professional driver.
Skills : MS Office, Technician.
- Performs and assists in fuel and electrical systems repairer (MOS 63G) duties, perform and assist in wheel vehicle repairer (MOS 63W) duties.
- Assists and repairs of fuel systems, fuel system components, electrical systems, electrical system components, turbine engines, diesel engines, cooling systems, transmissions, brake systems, steering systems, hydraulic systems, auxiliary drives, and personnel heaters.
- Inspects and troubleshoots tracked vehicle automotive systems, wheel vehicles and classifying equipment.
- Troubleshoots and performs unit maintenance on internal combustion engines and accessories, power trains, and chassis components of track vehicles.
- Performs repairs and preventive maintenance checks and services.
- Tests lead-acid batteries for serviceability.
- Prepares vehicles for operation under abnormal conditions by sealing, waterproofing, and servicing and special fuel and lubricants.
- Performs unit maintenance to correct malfunctions of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems or components.
- Performs preventive maintenance on tools, repair parts, assigned vehicles and shop equipment adjusts operating mechanisms.
Sr. Light Wheel Mechanic Resume
Summary : Light Wheel Mechanic include washing and drying cars, cleaning interiors, cleaning rims and shining tires, and keeping the shop area clean
Skills : Customer Service, Management.
- Performs minor repairs and preserves a variety of Inland Petroleum Distribution System (IPDS) and Water Support System (WSS) equipment, such as engines, pumps, generators, etc.
- Performs load testing duties.
- Provides tire repair and servicing.
- Typically performs minor repairs and preservation to the following: Various water and fuel pumps from 65 GPM up to 800 GPM, Generators from 2KW up to 100KW, Towed Wheeled Vehicles, Semi-trailers, and Dolly Sets.
- Requirements for processing are based on oral instructions, shipment orders and maintenance in storage (MIS) cycles in accordance with regulations and SOP's.
- Removes spark plugs, drains crankcase, and drains fuel system.
- Applies preservative and replaces spark plugs.
- Fogs engine and pumps systems with preservative.
- Seals all openings.
Jr. Light Wheel Mechanic Resume
Objective : Proficient in all aspects of shop operations in hazardous and non - hazardous environments; communicates productively to identify and resolve problems. Experienced in working closely with Quality Assurance Quality Check (QAQC) to insure vehicles are in compliance with inspection standards. Competent analytical, technical, and mechanical skills gained from over 12 years in either direct Military or support of Military operations.
Skills : Data Entry, Managerial, Analysis, Customer Service, Customer Relations.
- Performed work in accordance with modification work orders, technical manuals, lubrication orders, maintenance bulletins, regulations or management policies.
- Made repairs on a variety of more complex major systems to include engines, cross drive or similar multi-system transmissions and a variety of intricate fuel injection systems.
- Responsible for troubleshooting equipment, and diagnosed the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses.
- Tested equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, pressure gauges, and computer diagnostic tools.
- Determined what adjustments may be necessary to complete work orders and whether any additional repairs other than those specified or indicated on the work order are necessary.
- Removed and disassembled engines and major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, and fuel, hydraulic, and oil pressure systems.
- Made the appropriate repairs, overhaul, or modifications in accordance with the proper repair specifications and procedures.
- Reassembled engines, other systems, adjusted tests, and reinstalls in vehicles and equipment as necessary.
- Made adjustments and repairs to electrical and suspension systems.
Light Wheel Mechanic I Resume
Objective : Highly analytical security professional with over 18 years of experience in the law enforcement and security industry, including extensive knowledge and skills in physical security, function testing, and hardening of critical infrastructure. Law enforcement expertise includes 12 years as a focused and engaging training instructor developing and delivering effective curriculum to officers, civilian employees, as well as the public.
Skills : Developing And Presenting, Community Relations.
- Assigned to a Transportation Company (petroleum resupply) and participated in the duration of Operation Freedom.
- Supervised 16 soldiers (mechanics) and responsible for 60 trucks and 60 fuel tankers resupplying forward elements of the 3rd Infantry Division.
- Simultaneously responsible for providing maintenance (battlefield damage assessment) to vehicles on supply convoys.
- Assigned 16 soldiers, along with one wrecker and three "lowboy" tractor-trailers, and given a mission of recovering trucks along highways and taking them to Kuwait for turn-in.
- Assigned to the 418th Transportation Company and supervised 15 soldiers providing maintenance support to a 150-soldier unit.
- Ensured that the maintenance operation was ready for deployment--prepared and labeled, at the railhead, 80 trucks and 10 CONNEXs (tools & repair parts) for shipment.
- Assigned to a Signal Battalion, with elements located throughout the country, responsible for all Army telephones and the Armed Forces Network television system.
Light Wheel Mechanic II Resume
Headline : To secure a Light-Wheel Mechanic position in the Network Administrator field to use technical skills.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Assigned to an Aviation unit of the 4th Infantry Division and supervised six mechanics.
- Responsible for oversaw all semiannual scheduled maintenance checks on 40 - High Mobility Multi-Purpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWV), 20 - Light Medium Tactical Vehicles (LMTV) and 30 - Palletized Load System (PLS) trucks.
- Prepared all work orders to have repairs completed at a higher maintenance echelon.
- Worked as part of a four-man team responsible for checking every wheeled vehicle prior to leaving Forward Operating Base Hammer on any type of mission.
- Responsible for checking all fluid levels (oil, greases, coolant, power steering, brake, hydraulic, fuel), for missing or broken parts, air filter, windows, and that each vehicle had sufficient water, rations, ammunition, first aid kits, and tire replacement components.
- Routinely inspected and overhauled the Heavy Equipment Truck & Transport (HETT), the Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT), the M915 Transport Line-Haul Truck, the Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) truck, the Stryker armored vehicle, the PLS, and the HMMWV.
- Repaired all types of trucks, from the HETT down to the HMMWV, in a Forward Support Battalion motor pool.
- Determined what parts were needed for each repair job, checked the technical manual for the part's national stock number, verified the information by referencing the FedLog, and gave data to the ordering clerk.
Light Wheel Mechanic III Resume
Summary : A position utilizing experience as a Mechanic, Truck Driver, Customer Service Associate, and Sales Associate.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Performs maintenance on military vehicles.
- Maintains vehicles mission ready and keep shop in clean shape.
- Keeps track of materials and parts used.
- Responsible for inventory the equipment and tools in the shop.
- Performs monthly PMCS on vehicles.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots equipment.
- Uses power and hand tools provided by the National Guard.
- Handles Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Materials.
Asst. Light Wheel Mechanic Resume
Objective : Military trained diesel mechanic and accomplished team leader looking to transition from the military to a career. Used to working long hours in inclement weather; safety conscious professional with excellent people and communication skills.
Skills : Experienced In Operating Heavy Machinery. Great Record Of Inventory, Microsoft Office.
- Supervised and trained a 10-man team on mechanical, administrative and safety procedures by providing clear instructions.
- Troubleshot, adjusted and repaired engines, electronics and other systems on wheeled vehicles to meet manufacturers' performance specifications using a variety of power and hand tools.
- Conducted routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrication and tune-ups.
- Communicated effectively with customers on potential mechanical problems and future repairs.
- Managed and maintained the necessary level of supplies in the shop ensuring sufficient quantities are on hand worth $500,000.
- Reviewed work orders and communicated with team members and supervisors.
- Operated heavy equipment such as wreckers on a daily basis.
- Worked as long as 36 hours non-stop operating a wrecker to recover vehicles while deployed to Afghanistan Worked in extreme weather conditions.
Associate Light Wheel Mechanic Resume
Headline : Secret Level Security Clearance. Committed to continuous learning and the pursuit of safe innovative solutions and ideas. Experienced with ISR collection, processing, and exploitation systems across the intelligence, operations and communications communities. Experienced with aerostat or lighter than air systems; maintenance of hydraulic winch systems, electromechanical control systems Skilled technician able to identify a variety of faults and diagnose problems to ensure appropriate parts are utilized.
Skills : Industrial Electricity, Basic Mechanics.
- Performed unit/support maintenance and recovery operations on a variety of light and heavy wheeled gasoline and diesel fueled vehicles.
- Worked shift work in support of maintenance activities and worked shift lead for mechanical maintenance due to mechanical insight.
- Removed and installed engines, transmission, axles, and transfer cases.
- Inspected suspension system and installed tire rods ends, struts, shocks, springs and axles.
- Performed ABS and brakes diagnostics and made any need repairs such as abs sensors, break shoes, rotors, drums and bleed breaking fluid system Service engine and transmission oils and filters and troubleshoot electrical and pneumatic faults.
- Installed upgraded suspensions.
- Participated in the maintenance training programs.
- Assist training as a subject matter expert in reviewing and preparing training materials and mock-ups.
- Operated generators on communication shelters to ensure proper voltage was constantly being put out.
Lead Light Wheel Mechanic Resume
Summary : Seeking a Light-Wheel Mechanic position where you can use the experience as a Hydraulic Mechanic to help the company grow and prosper.
Skills : Heavy Equipment Operation, Heavy Equipment Operation.
- Drove vehicles, and tested components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Examined vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Repaired, relined, replaced, and adjusted brakes.
- Followed checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- Conferred with operators to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Performed routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrication, and tune-ups.
- Repaired and serviced air conditioning, heating, engine-cooling, and electrical systems.
- Tested adjusted and repaired systems to meet performance specifications.
- Reviewed work orders and discuss work with supervisors.
Light Wheel Mechanic Resume
Headline : A position as a Maintenance Mechanic and Professional Truck Driver to use and develop the organization.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Light Wheel Mechanic.
- Replaces and adjusts tracks, road wheel bearings, idler bars, idler bearings, and oil seals.
- Replaces suspension arms, torsion bars and stabilizer bars.
- Repairs and adjusts power and mechanical steering systems.
- Operates and inspects vehicles, generators and equipment to diagnose any defects that need repairing or replacing.
- Troubleshoots gas/diesel engines, transmissions and transfer cases, examine parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges.
- Removes and replaces engines, transmissions and equipment for operational efficiency in accordance with specifications.
- Replaces and adjusts turret components including turret braking systems and conduct Direct Support Electrical Test checks and replace components as indicated.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis, repair and operational tests on fuel and electrical systems on chassis groups of multiple vehicle types.
- Performs tune-ups, replace batteries, rotate/replace tires, wash and clean vehicles and equipment internally as well as externally and replace fluids and filters.