Material Control Manager Resume
Objective : To obtain a challenging position as a logistics specialist in purchasing, warehousing, inventory control Ability Summary Experience in receiving, storing, and issuing materials, equipment, and other items from a stockroom, warehouse, and storage yard.
Skills : Materials Management, Organizing.
- Maintained sufficient raw material inventory at all times, worked with various vendors as required.
- Worked with Quality Assurance department on all rejects due to out of spec material.
- Established credit $ amounts and wrote letters to vendors requesting credit, followed up as needed to assure proper payment was received and disposition was done.
- Worked with production personnel on the layout of all new dies and modifications to existing dies as required.
- Worked with production personnel on layout of all new plates according to the specifications of our presses and modifications to existing plates as required.
- Maintained sufficient corrugated inventory to cover existing orders and forecast additional requirements based on individual customer histories.
- Reported current costs to sales force for estimating purposes.
- Submitted Purchase Order Requisitions to ink suppliers based on production requirements.
Sr. Material Control Manager Resume
Summary : Over twenty nine years of manufacturing, production planning, and procurement experience in the government contracting and commercial integrator/OEM environments. 10 years direct consulting in implementing projects for clients nationwide in material management applications. 12 years direct buying experience in goods and services of various electronic components such as capicitors, resistors, IC's, power supplies, transformers, computer equipment, software, cable, wire, chassis, name plates, PCB's, etc.
Skills : Microsoft Office,Management.
- Responsible for all material movement inside 1 million square foot assembly/production facility.
- Manages and lead team of 125+ union and salary employees on all 3 shifts.
- Hires and fires authority over salary personnel in department.
- Makes policy and operational decisions as needed.
- Meets with staff to resolve production and material issues; ensure plant staffing is sufficient; verify expedites that need shipped; monitor delivery ratings to plants.
- Monitors inventory, time and attendance, and accuracy of material on a daily basis.
- Responsible for hiring/training floor personnel, loaders, and material handlers.
Jr. Material Control Manager Resume
Objective : Six years of construction / oil & gas based professions. Nine years of public relations/communications based professions. Experi- enced procurement professional skilled in managing material and equipment needs for construction projects, controlling inventory, overseeing operation of distribution centers, and maintaining and scheduling a fleet of construction vehicles.
Skills : Facilities Management, Logistics, Inventory Management, Maximo.
- Responsible for all material and equipment needs for the area construction projects including managing purchasing, controlling inven- tory, overseeing operation of the company distribution center, and outfitting and scheduling a fleet of construction vehicles.
- Managed a staff of 7 and assumed responsibility for developing an annual operating budget excluding materials.
- Conducted production plan- ning for all construction projects.
- Sourced and negotiated pricing for 600 items including establishing blanket purchase agreements and bulk commodity pricing agreements.
- Developed strategic suppliers and negotiated contract agreements to reduce the number of vendors from 150+ to a group of 65 core partners resulting in cost savings due to reduced administrative costs as well as quantity price breaks.
- Interacted with all departments in the construction division, the President of the construction division, regional managers, and the main office in Fort Worth and Houston.
- Provided assistance to project staff at the company's other locations in the areas material sourcing, technical support and vendor relations.
- Reduced new equipment purchases by 38% by managing all assets and better coordi- nating equipment needs for construction projects taking place throughout the country.
- Reduced fleet costs by 18% by establishing pre- ferred vendors, improving tracking and scheduling processes, and implementing a inventory control log.
Material Control Manager I Resume
Objective : Over 12 years of experience as a material manager in the Air Force Self-Motivated and confident in making decisions Very well organized and able to meet deadlines Proven skills in persevering to solve customer's problems Always comes through in high pressure situations.
Skills : Inventory Management, Supply Management Journeyman.
- Planned and organized supply management activities.
- Planned, developed and implemented the Air Force new automated and manual supply systems which ensured effective cost utilization and savings to the US government.
- Managed the $1.2B base supply inventory.
- Controlled issue of classified sensitive materials.
- Received, stored, and issued equipment/materials to customers.
- Observed daily supply operations and analyzed operational data.
- Reviewed computer-generated data and took the necessary steps to improve supply systems and correct deficiencies.
- Established procedures for determining inventory management requirements.
Material Control Manager II Resume
Headline : Eighteen years of experience in Production Planning, Scheduling, Material Management and Purchasing Expertise using computerized MRP systems, specifically PCMRP, Impact and Macpac Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, Oracle and QuickBooks.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Word Perfect, Word Pro, Quick Books.
- Reported to Vice President.
- Included, Managed purchasing and inventory control departments Delivered presentations to 1,000 (+) regarding "Start Of Production" (S, O, P, ) pertaining to company responsibilities and role at TOYOTA of Kentucky Developed and implemented written procedures according to I.S.O.
- specifications for the Purchasing department and Inventory Control department Eliminated and consolidated vendors.
- Estimated forecast savings of over $1.2 million per year Established vendor-stocking programs.
- Maintained J.I.T.inventory, reduced inventory and carrying cost while increasing inventory turns.
- Eliminated secondary operations by locating and utilizing outside sources.
- Targeted and successfully negotiated cost reductions in excess of $2 million; the goal of 2% overall, accomplished 3. 74%.
Material Control Manager III Resume
Summary : Project/Cost Management team member with expertise in building customer and stakeholder relationships. Experience managing multiple projects across platform. Perform active Earned Value Analysis in all phases of projects. Extensive experience in manufacturing planning & scheduling, materials, procurement, and warehouse management.
Skills : Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Licensed Life Agent, Excel Expert,.
- Managed personnel responsible for purchasing all raw materials and supplies, the generation of shop orders/travelers for prototype and production runs, the scheduling of all parts, tooling and fixtures through production (press stamping, laser/turret cut, machining, drop hammer and PB forming, TIG, MIG and Robot weld, sourcing, PPAP, assembly and packaging).
- Processed vendors for coatings, all shipping/receiving, warehouse and inventory control, customer contact for expediting and system entry of releases and PO's, work with Sales and Engineering to evaluate "prints" and develop BOM.
- Improved parts inventory by 8% implementing regular audits and cycle counting.
- Worked with plant managers to improve yield reporting, scan accuracy and widespread 5S organization.
- Developed measurable charts for on-time delivery, shipping errors, and inventory adjustments.
- Eliminated transit related reject parts by partnering with packaging specialist.
- Submitted numerous material cost saving discrepancy forms related to the BOM.
- Lead all daily Production, and Materials meetings.
Asst. Material Control Manager Resume
Objective : Cell leader/Manufacturing Manager Warehouse Total quality leadership training Team Leader Six Sigma Greenbelt Trained Kaizen experience Member Technical Safety Team.
Skills : Negotiating , Organized, Detail oriented, Problem solver, Supervision ,.
- Received items from warehouses.
- Unpacked supplies, materials.
- Ensured proper labeling and storage of items.
- Inspected inventory received for damage, weight.
- Sorted and distributed supplies.
- Maintained inventory.
- Adhered to and created standard operating procedures, quality assurance procedures, safety programs, environmental regulations.
- Solved customer problems, network issues, inventory discrepancies.
- Operated personal computers, calculators, copy machines, fax machines.
Associate Material Control Manager Resume
Headline : To be involved in a business environment where can utilize experience, talent, education, and organizational skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Accounting Software Systems, Management.
- Included material procurement, scheduling, accurate on-time shipments, setting up consignment systems with suppliers, production scheduling and customer service.
- Purchased over $400,000 in materials annually including Plastic Resin and Equipment.
- Production scheduling of 25 machines including 5 outsourcing facilities.
- Managed customer service employee and helped with customer service.
- Assisted, directed, instructed, trained and checked 5 employees engaged in the shipment of various company products and in the receipt of incoming items.
- Performed all functions of Shipping/Receiving Department.
- Ensured that items to be shipped were properly packed, secured and loaded onto trucks; that care is exercised to properly load, secure, shore and pad company products to avoid marking, scoring, damage and shifting during shipment.
- Oversaw the accumulation, weighing, counting, and identification and verification of items for various types or modes of domestic or international shipments.
Lead Material Control Manager Resume
Summary : To seek a position where can apply 42 years of experience in various areas of sales, manufacturing and customer relations, to the promotion of a company and its products. To use the skills and have learned to the benefit of employer through growth of their business or a single business segment.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Management.
- Managed 5 to 6 employees in the shipping/receiving and stock room departments for this high-volume, fast paced company.
- Prioritized workload, reduce cost of overall production, tracking and resolving BOM issues, shortages, MRB (rejects), inventory discrepancies, production schedule errors, and purchasing issues.
- Resolved RMA issues, and maintaining MRP system to ensure accuracy.
- Quoted prices and forecasted shipping schedules to our Domestic and International customers as well as maintaining customer information using CRM software; logged, entered, and filed incoming sales orders.
- Coordinated with production, purchasing, and materials staff to ensure delivery times are met.
- Worked with Sales Manager on pricing changes, scheduling product, and special circumstances involving customer satisfaction.
- Maintained FIFO operations according to company policies and procedures, determined through sales reports and MRP.
- Assisted in the Accounting department, as needed.
Material Control Manager Resume
Objective : Results-oriented supervisor seeks managerial opportunity to improve production by leading a team effort to achieve company goals.
Skills : Management Experience, Negotiation, Scheduling, Inventory Management.
- Reviewed daily journals to identify potential issues or inaccuracies.
- Managed receipt of ordered items and closure of work orders.
- Developed and maintained cycle count program.
- Resolved discrepancies between purchase orders and physical receipt of items.
- Directed allocation of material to work orders and ensured timely delivery to work centers.
- Directed daily audits and reconciling of journal reports for manufacturing and stock rooms.
- Released blanket purchase orders for weekly receipts.
- Trained subordinates and provided daily leadership.
- Worked to improve efficiency of lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and Five S.