General Accountant I Resume
Objective : Innovative General Accountant with 2 plus years of experience in the Construction domain, proficient in extracting financial data from various reporting systems and suggesting key operational changes.
Skills : Budgeting And Forecasting, Web Management, Public Relations, Natural Leader, Constant Contact Retention, And Reactivation Strategies
- Modifying a comprehensive financial reporting package to reflect growing organization.
- Maintaining integrity of general ledger, including the chart of accounts.
- Analyzing and researching reporting issues to improve accounting operations procedures.
- Performing regular job site observations to provide direction for all general contractor personnel.
- Worked with construction administration consultants to plan field observations on schedule.
- Determined the project schedule, which included the sequence of all construction activities.
- Conducting routine quality audits to ensure that work was progressing per the specifications and initiating corrective actions.
- Providing safety kits to all construction personnel, which complies with the safety protocols for the job.
General Accountant IV Resume
Summary : General Accountant with 33 years of experience in the Finance domain with experience in general accounting and business administration functions. Responsible for all accounting aspects of the company, including creation of timely and accurate financial statements; management of accounts receivable and payables, payroll, general ledger, taxes, government reports and reconciliations.
Skills : Accounting, Business Admin, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, General Ledger, General Office
- Recorded and maintained all accounts receivable with accounting software.
- Proofed Invoices for typographical, contract rate and mathematical accuracy.
- Posted and submitted the electronic invoices through the ADP-Open invoice for major clients.
- Compiled and processed the payment of all accounts payable.
- Compiled, processed and recorded all payroll and related tax returns.
- Compiled payroll hours, proofed payroll runs completed by SPMI.
- Prepared, recorded and proofed all general ledger entries.
- Prepared annual 1099 and 1096 forms for contract labor and rent payments.
- Processed all banking deposits, completed bank account fund transfers to maintain sufficient account balances and to retain maximum funds in the interesting bearing.
- Prepared account analyses necessary for completion of annual corporate federal and numerous states tax returns.
- Provided, proofed, completed and processed the necessary forms and documents for all the new employee enrollments, provided and processed additional forms for the existing employees.
General Accountant II Resume
Summary : General Accountant with 16 years of experience in the Technology domain is seeking an Accountant position utilizing my previous and current accounting and administrative experience, skills, and dedication to excellence.
Skills : SAP, Microsoft Office, Peoplesoft, SMS, MHS, HFS, Kronos, Dataease
- Completed variance analyses of balance sheets and income statements to identify and rapidly resolve any general ledger discrepancies.
- Gathered the information required to prepare, analyze, and maintain month-end closing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Acquired hands-on experience with the laws, ordinances, and compliance requirements of GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Maintained the highest level of accuracy while inputting general ledger data through the use of the online SAP enterprise resource planning financial accounting computer system.
- Regularly updated the complex financial and statistical records while authoring reports and presenting findings to the corporate financial team.
- Facilitated the audit process through the resolution of any issues within business operations.
- Spearheaded the completion of monthly audits of the contracted construction timesheet and hourly contracted rate sheets.
- Minimized the chance of any shrink or loss through the performance of inventory audits.
- Resolved and reconciled unposted checks including recycling and Commonwealth of Virginia grant monies.
- Provided leadership and workflows to accounts payable staff.
- Ensured the proper reconciling and processing of invoices of payment into the online SAP enterprise resource planning tool.
Senior General Accountant Resume
Summary : A proven visionary and strategic Senior General Accountant with 10 plus years of experience in the Healthcare domain. Dedicated and technically skilled business professional with a versatile accounting skill set developed through experience as an accounting manager, office manager, bookkeeper, payroll specialist, purchasing manager, administrative assistant, and dispatcher.
Skills : Accounting, Accounting Operations, Financial Reporting, Operations, QuickBooks, ERP, Peachtree Accounting, Payroll, Paychex, Kronos
- Modifying a comprehensive financial reporting package to reflect growing organizational complexity.
- Maintaining the integrity of general ledger, including the chart of accounts.
- Optimizing and managing the research and development spending through collaboration with the key business.
- Generating financial statements and facilitating account closing procedures each month.
- Compiling the general ledger entries on a short schedule with nearly 100% accuracy.
- Maintaining 100% accuracy in calculating discounts, interests, and commissions.
- Facilitating the successful internal and external audits through sound and thorough documentation.
- Monitoring the payments due from clients and promptly contacted clients with past payments.
- Reconciling the vendor statements and handling the payment complaints or discrepancies.
- Reviewing all expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure.
- Supervising the invoice processing, purchase orders, expense reports, credit memos, and payment.
- Filing and addressing the employee complaints in accordance with the Company policies and Government.
Senior General Accountant Resume
Summary : Highly motivated and result-oriented General Accountant with 10 years of experience in the Finance domain, with extensive experience in corporate accounting and financial reporting, including accounting operations, financial analysis, forecasting, SOX compliance, and accounting system implementation. Known for collaborative style in building cohesive relationships and coordinating between various corporate offices and departments, and with great work ethics.
Skills : Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Human Resources, Office Management, Office Applications, Financial Reporting, Quickbooks, MAS 90, Wordpress
- Providing support during the monthly closing cycle – compiling, analyzing, and recording the results to General Ledger.
- Analyzing the financial results, preparing flux analysis reports and forecasting results for next month close.
- Preparing monthly analytics package, presenting to the Executive Management and Corporate Board as needed.
- Responsible for accurate reporting of time-sensitive quarterly disclosures, footnotes, cash flow statement, FHFA call reports and other reporting obligation for 10-K and 10-Q filing.
- Researching and analyzing the highly complex accounting issues, identify root causes and propose changes for improvement.
- Evaluating new policies and procedures for operational and control impacts.
- Assisting with reviewing existing controls to mitigate potential risk factors within the assigned process/areas.
- Acting as primary contact for the auditors for audit testing, review, walkthrough, and documentation requests.
- Leading policy and procedure maintenance for documentation and training materials.
- Assisting with the execution of project assignments for development of business requirement, testing, process analyses, gap identification and remediation for system release/enhancement/production fix.
- Supervising, managing, and conducting the first level review of work performed by the Junior Accountants and Contractors.
- Providing guidance as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the area as needed.
General Accountant II Resume
Summary : General Accountant with 15 plus years of experience in the Telecommunications domain is seeking a position with a company or firm that allow and encourage personal growth in ways that benefit the employees as well as the company.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Acrobat Adobe, Microsoft PowerPoint, Relius Administration, Relius Government Forms, Relius 5500, SAP
- Processing billings for multiple l-3 sites, overseeing the corporate travel Amex administration, responsible for parts of the incurred costs submission annually, as well as involving in compliance.
- Manually calculating the time and material invoices for multiple sites of the organization.
- Working closely to monitor corporate Amex cards activity and delinquencies monthly in an attempt to prevent employee misuse and company loss.
- Close communication with Human Resources to coordinate Amex balances and how they.
- Responsible for two schedules in the annual incurred costs submission.
- Successfully setting up a shared drive that allows easier communication and better efficiency with billings of other sites of the organization.
- Responsible for required internal time card audits throughout the facilities.
- Responsible for credit reviews of all commercial customers, foreign or domestic.
- Required to know the contracts, software, and how they affect the billings to maintain the commitments of the contracts.
- Regular communications with government auditors regarding government contracts and the billings related to them.
- Regular visits with and escorting government auditors for their required annual time card.
General Accountant I Resume
Summary : Detail-oriented and dependable Bookkeeper/ General Accountant I with diverse experience of 12 years in both Retail and Manufacturing environments. A results-oriented individual who consistently produces quality work within tight deadlines. Effective communicator with excellent analytical skills. Expertise includes QuickBooks Payroll Bank Reconciliation MS Office Account Analysis Customer Service Accounts Payable/Receivable Collections.
Skills : Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, JD Edwards, AS400, Cognos Controller, Cognos Finance, ADP and Quicken Payroll Software, Total Quality (TQ) Training
- Accurately performed accounting responsibilities within the specified deadlines according to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Standard Reporting (IFSR).
- Prepared monthly balance sheet and profit/loss statement for the U.S company and the Canadian affiliate.
- Maintained monthly capital project spend reporting. Reviewed capital project purchases and interfaced with engineers to ensure projects adhered to appropriated spend.
- Prepared journal entries for month-end close including cash/investment entries, benefit allocations, amortization of prepaid accounts and accrual provisions.
- Collaborated with Management to develop the annual budget for the steel division.
- Prepared monthly reconciliations for five bank accounts including accounts payable, hourly payroll and the operating account.
- Analyzed and monitored prepaid accounts, accruals, and expense account on a monthly basis, providing recommendations to management.
- Assisted in the preparation of tax schedules to support the company's annual compliance.
- Substantiated general ledger account balances and provided documentation in support of the company's year-end audit process.
- Contributed to due diligence work during recent mergers and acquisitions.
- Maintained the general ledger system in JD Edwards world including the addition of new accounts/cost centers and the monthly update of exchange rates.
General Accountant III Resume
Summary : Experienced General Accountant with 9 years of experience in the Education domain with proven abilities in all aspects of accounts payable and receivable, payroll, billing, account reconciliations, and preparation of monthly and annual financial statements. Experienced with a variety of accounting software packages and Microsoft Office programs. Seeking position where my skills will contribute to a strong team effort.
Skills : Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat
- Pre-auditing, approve-disapprove requisitions of purchase orders and change orders, making sure they are in complies with the college, local, state, federal requirements, and to the standard accounting and audit procedures.
- Monthly reconciliation of two bank accounts, student refund account, and federal funds for students.
- Reconciling at the calendar end, unclaimed student refund checks, send funds to the New Mexico unclaimed property.
- Working with the Accounts Receivable department and Financial Aid department to report all stale dated checks of federal fund account.
- Preparing and entering journal entries adjustments to the general ledger as requested by the Management.
- Reconciling the monthly fixed and capital assets. Posting depreciation once reconciled.
- Working with the Senior Accountant Director quarterly in reviewing account balances for preparation of financial statements.
- Performing all duties of a grant account and CNM foundation Accountant until positions were filled. Training new employee for these positions.
- Team member establishing a new workflow for travel, moving from paper to computer system.
- Helping the Department Administrators with questions on budgets and balances of various cost accounts.
Junior General Accountant Resume
Objective : Junior General Accountant with 3 plus years of experience is looking to leverage my Accounting Background & Education along with my leadership and project management skills and contribute to the company's bottom line. My expertise lies in hard work while attending high school and college, working full time and part time to obtain my education.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Jd Edwards, Inventory, Typing, Accounts Payable, General Accounting, Payroll- Timesheet Organization
- Full responsibility for monthly reconciliation and management of internal accounts, and inventory for a new hairline product.
- Assisting the controller in month end closing, journal entries, and reconciliation. In addition, assisting the controller in tracking and maintaining company policies.
- Weekly reporting of invoicing totals/aging/cash receipts/invoice adjustments.
- Analyzing and maintaining an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk for all three divisions of this company: studio, stores and Amazon wholesale and direct.
- Preparing the month end close and reconcile revenue received to the cash account.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly productions, variances, and AR/AP reports.
- Assisting in the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports.
- Preparing and entering the journal entries as well as maintaining and reconciling the general ledger accounts.
General Accountant Resume
Objective : Self-motivated General Accountant with 4 years of experience is offering strong work ethic and determination to complete tasks in a timely manner. Extensive hotel and clerical knowledge in General Accounting, Account Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Auditing and Cash Management Possesses strong organizational and research skills, and very effective with time management.
Skills : Fusebox, Microsoft Office, MS OFFICE, Opera, PeopleSoft
- Responsible for handling high volume customer calls and resolving guest concerns.
- Responsible for the daily distribution of critical reports and data through the executive packet process. Successfully converted this process from paper to electronic in 2016.
- Performing monthly A&L reconciliations for the Assistant Director of Finance as needed.
- Managing the hotel write-off account monthly and successfully recollected 16K in prior write-offs.
- Responsible for the daily monitoring of o-stat accounts and the closure of group accounts.
- Improving the efficiency of the airline billing process by introducing a procedural change to the general accountant responsible for saving approximately 3-4 hours per bill.
- Improving the percentage of accounts pre-charged by 95% per the credit policy.
- Conducting audits throughout the hotel to ensure procedures are followed according to the summary risk assessment. Score improved from 85% in 2016 to 96% in 2017.
- Ensuring accurate billing for club members and group accounts and responsible for collection attempts on delinquent club accounts.
- Improving the timely collection of advanced deposits and contract compliance by retraining event managers on the city procedures.
- Assisting in the go-green initiative by reducing the number of printed bills sent to club members.
- Actively listening and responding positively to customers questions, concerns, and requests.