Medical Receptionist Resume
Summary : 14+ years of experience as a Medical Receptionist. Seeking to apply my knowledge and experience in an administrative field by planning, organizing and following up multifaceted, complex activities, with strong communication skills with a high level of energy and ambition with a strong desire to succeed, in a position offering opportunities for personal contribution and professional growth.
Skills : Planning, Organizing, Evaluating,Excellent Communication, Listening,Effective Problem Solver, Customer Service, Direct Public ContactTyping, Filing, and Other General Office Duties.
- Making sure the physicians and the technicians have their daily schedules.
- Making sure all pre-authorizations have been obtained for all modalities and/or obtain pre-authorizations as needed based on insurance and procedure.
- Notifying the technicians when their patients are checked in and ready to be taken back for their procedure.
- Assisting the nurses and technician when they have a heavy worked load by escorting the patient to their room, getting the patients vital signs such as blood pressure, oxygen stat, heart rate, and temperature.
- Collecting the patient's clinical information such as allergies to medication, current medication the patient is taking, the patient's symptoms and concerns, asking the patient if they've had any recent infections or have been on any antibiotics.
- Burning images of a disc for patients and attach any report that correlates with the images.
- Making any follow-up appointments or assist in scheduling and outside referral appointments that the patient may need.
- Calling patients to come back if further studies need in order for the radiologist to interpret a proper diagnose.
- Correcting the patient's demographics that they had given us if the information was input incorrectly.
Lead Medical Receptionist Resume
Summary : Service oriented medical receptionist with 9 years background in a medical office environment. love to work with people. Clients are my main priority expect them to be treated with the utmost respect no matter the situation. Like to get things done to the point where have exhausted my limits.
Skills : Medical Transcription, Medical Records, Patient Scheduling, Multi-Line Phone System, Administrative Support, Team Player, Microsoft Office Suite, Insurance Verification, Referrals, Customer Service, Conflict Resolution, Call Center Experience, and Executive Support.
- Scheduled and confirmed patient's diagnostics appointments, surgeries, and medical consultations.
- Compiled and recorded medical charts, reports, and correspondence, using a personal computer.
- Received and routed messages and documents such as laboratory results to appropriate staff.
- Interviewed patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Verified insurances, operated office equipment such as voicemail messaging system, and word processing, spreadsheet, and other software applications to prepare reports, invoices, and financial statements, letters, case histories, and medical records.
- Transmitted correspondence and medical records by mail, email, or fax.
- Performed various clerical and administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
- Accomplishments extensive exposure to public and customer service requirements, always attentive to the importance of maintaining excellent customer satisfaction.
- Proven interpersonal work relations, communication, and people skills with the ability to interface with staff.
- Skills used organizational: very well organized and comfortable working in a multitasking project-oriented environment; known as a highly organized and productive employee.
Medical Receptionist I Resume
Objective : Over 2 years of experience as a Medical Receptionist. Seeking to contribute to the organization's success by using my customer service skills and experiences, and in turn, receive on-the-job training from a company that will allow me the opportunity to educate myself further.
Skills : Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel., EMR, Availity, Optima, Host Access, Medical Terminology Knowledge, and CPR Certified.
- Maintain office supplies and forms necessary to carry out front desk activities.
- Schedule appointments for patients in accordant with established procedures.
- Answer the telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner within minimum rings.
- Liaison with patients, general practitioners, health care professionals, and patient's family members in a compassionate and kind manner.
- Receive patients in a polite and courteous manner, monitoring the patient's flow into the treatment and consulting rooms.
- Receive and convey messages in writing, electronically and verbally.
- Receive requests for recur medication and preparing prescriptions for the signature by the general practitioner.
- Make appointments, fill bills of patients, providing a receipt of money, and undertaking any banking procedures.
- Monitor the clinical and stationery supply levels, and placing orders as needed. Scan, file, and fax the documents and preparing them for mail-out.
Jr. Medical Receptionist Resume
Objective : Seeking to obtain the position of a Medical Receptionist in order to utilize the skills of appointment scheduling, medical terminology and insurance verification. To obtain long term employment with growth potential with a company where I can contribute my hardworking ability and my positive attitude.
Skills : EMR, HIPAA Compliance, Insurance Verification, Multi-tasking, Listening, Written And Verbal Communication, Energy Level, Teamwork, Interpersonal , Documentation , PC Proficiency.
- Welcomed patients and visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries to the appropriate staff.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider's time, and the treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person, by telephone and the patient portal.
- Kept patient appointments on schedule by notifying the provider of patient's arrival; assessed service delivery compared to schedule; reminded provider of service delays.
- Comforted patients by anticipating patients anxieties, answering patients questions accurately and empathetically and maintaining reception area.
- Ensured availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records electronically.
- Maintained patient accounts by obtaining, recording and updating personal, financial and insurance information.
- Obtained revenue by recording and updating financial information, recording and collecting patient charges, controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting and expediting third-party claims.
- Protected patients' rights by maintaining the confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintained operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributed to team effort by establishing efficient, accurate systems, completing projects in a timely manner, easily accomplishing daily routines and providing referral-worthy customer service to patients.
Senior Medical Receptionist Resume
Summary : Over 12+ years of experience as a Medical Receptionist. Dedicated, service-focused professional seeking to enhance the business side of my career. Honest, kind, friendly, and people-oriented to provide excellent patient or client satisfaction.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Excel, ADP Payroll, Powerpoint, Customer Service, Microsoft Office Applications, Medical Billing, Medical Coding, Customer Service, Team Management, Cash Handling, and Office Administration.
- Receiving and directing patients and visitors and answering routine inquiries.
- Obtaining signatures for the file on required forms for billing purposes and/or contract health services.
- Maintaining, updating and verifying all alternate resource data necessary for patient registration and for accurate billing.
- Collecting third party recipient health cards and explains the program to the beneficiaries.
- Retrieving patients charts and assembling patient records by inserting required forms and stamping them for correct patient identification.
- Coordinating transportation with tribal health transportation, ems, MVO, or urban taxi service.
- Knowledge of current state laws concerning vital statistic records and birth/death certificates which must be accurate as possible.
- Skilled in the practical use of electronic systems to provide general clerical office support.
- Personal and telephone are with patients, families, friends of patients, visitors, hospital personnel, and the general public.
- Working independently under the administrative guidance of supervisory and business office manager or designated individual.
Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant Resume
Summary : Over 8 years of experience as a Medical Receptionist. Looking to perform a challenging and responsible position as an Administrative Assistant and Clinical Medical Assistant where my experience, enthusiasm, and education can be utilized but not limited to, interpreting policies for operation and exercising independent judgment in the resolution of administrative/medical problems.
Skills : Word, Excel, DTS, Form Flow, Java, Fax Machines, Copiers, Access, PowerPoint, IRS Tax Systems, Bam Trac, UNIX.
- Greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Identify incoming patients with acute needs and immediately notify the medical staff of the concern.
- Check in patients, verify and update necessary information in the computer system and on patient forms.
- Coordinate patient appointments in an effort to achieve the maximum level of service.
- Pull all medical records upon appointments and ensuring they are filed back in the appropriate order.
- Respond to requests for information regarding services available in the organization.
- Assist uninsured patients in obtaining health coverage by identifying potential sources of coverage and referring the patient to cha billing staff for application assistance.
- Providing support for co-workers, office manager, and physicians on a daily basis.
- Responsible for billing of the patient's visits and collecting copays/balances.
- Processed and prepared memos travel documents and other related documents.
Front Desk Medical Receptionist Resume
Objective : Over 4 years of experience as a Medical Receptionist. Seeking to obtain employment in a position where my clerical, customer care, medical scheduling skills along with my front desk operation and hospital registration expertise will be fully utilized. Seek an environment that has room to grow and encourages innovation.
Skills : Managing Files And Records, Stenography And Transcription, Designing Forms, And Other Office Procedures And Terminology. Strong Telephone, Interpersonal Communication, Type 65 Wpm, and Bilingual-English & Spanish.
- Maintain patient accounts by obtaining, recording and updating personal as well as financial information.
- Schedule new patient appointments, follow-ups, radiology, and surgeries.
- Check insurance benefits, determine surgical deposits, obtain preauthorization for surgeries, radiology or colonoscopies.
- Open a new batch every day to collect copays, surgery deposits, deductibles and close out my batch, deposits and count petty cash.
- Make sure the front office is running smoothly, clean and up to date.
- Take an average of 70 to 90 calls a day and some of the calls were Spanish speakers.
- Customer service focused, problem-solving, critical thinking, listening to patients and their needs, applying good judgment and decision making.
- Filed and maintained confidential client records while maintaining HIPAA standards.
Medical Receptionist II Resume
Summary : Over 8+ years of experience as a Medical Receptionist is now seeking to obtain a position within a professional environment where I can maximize customer service skills to enhance the services of your company.
Skills : HAIMS, AHLTA, CHCS, Fax Machine, Multiple Phone Lines, Data Entry Through Medicare Program, and Processing Prescription, Active Medication, Check-out, Pharmacy Desk, and Computer.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizing patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeping patient appointments on schedule by notifying the provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding the provider of service delays.
- Comforting patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensuring availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintaining patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtaining revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintaining business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Protecting patients' rights by maintaining the confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintaining operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
Health Care Administration
Senior Practice Medical Receptionist Resume
Summary : 10+ years of experience as a Medical Receptionist. Seeking current employment within your company and utilize my past skills that provide your company with enrichment. Seeking long term employment with opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Skills : Typing 60 Words Per Minute Good Organizational, Phone, and Office Etiquette,Microsoft Word, Excel, Wordpad, Allscripts, Athena, E-Clinical Works, Orders -Management, and Vision.
- Collection of co-payments including non-covered fees or outstanding billing payments are taken over the phone.
- Experience answering telephone calls using a multi-line telephone system and having medical staff help as needed.
- General office duties using the fax machine, laser jet printer, photocopier, and credit card machine.
- Mailing typed letters, billing statements, medical forms, or medical records periodically. Typing electronic messages to nurses and providers for patients who call in with questions.
- Assisting patients or outside medical staff on the phone and direct representatives to the appropriate staff.
- Responsible for paying invoices, maintaining balance sheets and pay records.
- Performing administrative support tasks such as transcribing documents and written correspondence.
- Obtaining and maintaining detailed charting information for each patient using Misys.
Lead Medical Receptionist Resume
Summary : Over 8+ years of experience as a Medical Receptionist. Looking forward to providing excellent service to my customer and employer. To excel at all task assigned and accept new challenges and enthusiasm and hard work.
Skills : Scheduling Appointments, Verifying Insurances, Accurately Collecting, and Posting Payments, Addressing Patient Concerns, and Taking Accurate Messages, Knowledge Of Multiple EMR Systems.
- Collecting copays, deductibles, co insurances and balances from patients.
- Making sure follow-ups were scheduled and any paperwork the patient needed at check out was provided.
- Starting out verifying insurance and determining the amount due for the front desk to collect.
- Obtaining any referral and authorizations that were needed for the appointment. Verified benefits for office visits and any procedures or other services provided.
- Billing for sleep study interpretations and the doctor's hospital services.
- Posting insurance payments in the form of a check, credit card, and era payments.
- Scrubbing superbills for clean claims and prompt payment from insurance companies.
- Answering phones, made appointments, filing, and received payments from patients.
- Accurately entering procedure codes, diagnosis codes and patient information into Medent.
Health Services Administration