Merchandising Manager Resume
Summary : Results driven, team focused and versatile Operations Leader with demonstrated track record of effective store management, employee relations, and productivity initiatives at well regarded companies such as Wawa, Trader Joe's, Giant Foods, and Aramark. Skillfully builds strong field organizations, developing people through coaching, mentoring and performance management. Successfully leads change initiatives that align with business strategy, implement process improvements and increase revenue.
Skills : Microsoft Office, DealerConnect, CRM Software, Communication Skills, Training & Development, Marketing, Recruiting, Onboarding.
- Reorganized, prioritized and planned all field merchandising efforts.
- Led team of 35 associates in implementation of large scale projects related to equipment enhancements, significant category introductions and updates, store remodels, new store openings and store closings.
- Led cross functional project team to deliver new beverage area concept to over 60 stores in 2006, working closely with Store Operations, Marketing, Facilities, Finance, Real Estate and Construction to complete project.
- Successfully delivered all projects within operating and labor budgets.
- Manager of People Development Directed all human resource functions in PA Division, including recruitment, training and development and associate relations.
- Led team of 14 associates providing all HR support to 205 stores in Division.
- Worked with Division management team to ensure program compliance, assess program effectiveness, and measure results in the Division regarding turnover, recruitment and selection, training, and performance management within budgetary guidelines.
- Coordinated and delivered training curriculum at three training centers, and delivered new associate orientation at six satellite locations.
M.S. In Marketing
Merchandising Manager/Representative Resume
Summary : Primarily responsible for providing customer service, consistent with service standards. Responsible for efficient and effective front-end operations. Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about services.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Cash Handling, Management, Trainer, Data Entry, Quickbooks, Inventory Control, Receiving, Merchandising, Customer Service, Sales.
- Determines call schedule by reviewing priorities with supervisor; discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes.
- Maintains customer relationships by visiting with store managers, department managers and employees.
- Responding to special requests describing product features.
- Maintains store shelves by observing displays of company products removing damaged or freshness-dated products, providing optimum display of products.
- Maintaining inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory observing inventory level prompting store management to reorder when levels appear low arranging for return and credit for damaged products.
- Completes call report by observing display and pricing of competitors products Helps field sales representatives with special promotions by setting-up displays at aisle ends checking daily on special promotions forwarding observations to management; removing promotions at end of special promotion period.
- Provides information by reporting growth, expansion, or closing of store in assigned territory.
- Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
Sr. Merchandising Manager Resume
Summary : Readily readjusts priorities to respond to pressing and changing client demands. Anticipates and meets the need of clients; achieves quality end-products; is committed to continuous improvement of services. Coach and develop direct reports. Ensure that direct reports effectively on board, train and develop front line employees. Dedicated team player, committed to provide high quality support and excellent problem solving skills at all organizational levels.
Skills : Fluent in Spanish.
- Oversee the development and execution of key product line marketing strategies for products with a total combined revenue of $120MM+.
- Instrumental in the development and successful launching of various private brand products including: Food Service, restroom products, environmentally safe cleaners, industrial aerosol cleaners, pressure washers and pressure washing accessories.
- Research and identify domestic and/or international sources to aid in the successful launch and execution of products.
- Oversee the creation of private branding documents; and work cross functionally with the marketing department to draft marketing goals and develop effective marketing plans.
- Assess and review all product advertising and modules for maximum brand clarity.
- Coordinate with suppliers and the Advertising and Sales department to rework copy, specs, technical information, pix, line art and index entries.
- Actively research and analyze data in an effort to build on and enhance product marketing strategies.
- Edit, review and assess catalogs, ensuring content is properly presented and complies with company and customer standards and demands.
Master Of Science
Jr. Merchandising Manager Resume
Summary : A goal-oriented motivated person with 15 years experince in customer service. Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills. Significant accomplishments in problem solving and meeting deadlines. Excels in staff training and customer service. Self-starting legal assistant graduate with certification in legal reserch, court filing and administration and much more seeking a challeging position.
Skills : MIcrosoft Office, Enable/Enterworks, Peoplesoft, Microsoft AX.
- Responsible for product strategy, management and merchandising direction this catalog- and web-based business serving Agricultural, Horticultural and Turf Management professionals.
- Managed cradle-to-grave process that included vendor acquisition, product line development, cost negotiation, retail price strategy and all maintenance for 32,000 products.
- Report to brand manager full P&L responsibility for this business for $24M, maintaining margin goals.
- Identify opportunities of unique hard-to-find new product expansion in Safety, Workwear and Footwear.
- Negotiate co-op programs, service enhancements and pricing initiatives to meet the needs of current and developing customer groups, while beating direct competitor's offerings.
- Set pricing strategies for products in brand that are predicated on achieving brand gross margin objectives balanced with competitive marketplace.
- Coordinate with domestic/foreign manufacturers to source private label lines to maximize margins.
Corporate Merchandising Manager Resume
Headline : A customer-focused retail operations professional with demonstrated expertise in sales, loss prevention, leadership, client/labor/community relations, staff development, data analysis, profit/loss, and budgeting. Excels at sales forecasting, market assessment, and account development. Leverages strong skills in product positioning and building cross-functional teams and community resources to drive company footprint.
Skills : Working point, Quick books, along with other computer skills.
- Oversee merchandise presentation and ensure that all daily operations are consistent with Company culture, world-class customer service focus, digital initiatives, and operating and merchandising standards.
- Support store by ensuring booksellers deliver core service principles to drive sales.
- Assisting with interviews, training, and the evaluation of booksellers.
- Responsible for the entire store Optimize merchandise presentation and customize merchandise selection; train and direct booksellers on merchandise guidelines.
- Drive sales by delivering the four core service principles Coach and communicate with the store team about all products and services., by consistenly showing model selling behavior, sharing technical knowledge, and providing recommendations about ways to connect customers with the right solutions or products.
- Prevent shrink by training and enforcing proper loss prevention procedures.
- Partner with the receiving manager on any inventory or return issues.
- Resolve customer complaints, surfacing issues to the store manager when necessary.
Bachelor Of Science
Merchandising Manager/Specialty Manager Resume
Objective : Seeking a position where my achievements in district-level revenue/profit growth, operations improvement, multi-location management, and achieving company goals will contribute to the success of an organization.
Skills : Management of personal resources, sales and marketing, administration, and management, active listener., Customer and Personal Service, critical thinking, monitoring, personal and Human Resources, judgment and decision making, Management.
- Established a proven record of experience and career growth with the largest specialty retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets.
- Promoted from Lead Cashier to Inventory Manager to Merchandising Manager.
- Ordered merchandise and prepared requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand for over $2.0 million of inventory.
- Contributed to store ranking #2 in the district for sales of $3.0+ million and #1 for lowest shrink rate.
- Increased store level sales by modifying the product selection (broad range of competitively priced pet food and pet supplies) relative to the demographic customer base and seasonal demands.
- Managed responsibilities for supervising employees, implementing corporate plan-o-grams, interacting with vendors, coordinating special promotions, conducting monthly/annual audits, and providing top levels of customer service.
- Interviewed, hired, trained, scheduled, and supervised a staff of 40 employees.
- Assisted local animal shelters at the in-store, Love A Pet adoption center.
Brand Merchandising Manager Resume
Summary : A dedicated professional with four+ years of retail, styling, merchandising, customer service, social media, and management experience. Specializing in the areas of styling and social media. Now seeking relocate to expand, to experience, and to learn.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Office Equipment - Printer, Computer, Fax, Scanner, Copier, And Multi-line Phone.
- Drove sales growth by owning and leading the product lifecycle from receipt to merchandising the product on the sales floor for the customer in a visually compelling way.
- Grew and developed the sales, and supported the Generalist Team to deliver individual and team success.
- Responsible for the overall appearance and presentation of merchandising strategies through brand guide planning, mapping, and execution.
- Maintained and updated floor plans and fixture block leveraging the Digital Brand Guide and fixture database.
- Responsible for all merchandise flow activities, including leading sales teams in processing and replenishment.
- Responsible for merchandise flow standards, assessments, inventory and backroom organization.
- Delegated, followed up and communicated with all levels of the organization.
- Resposible for talent lifecycle of direct reports, including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, training, development, performance management, terminations and succession planning.
Bachelor Of Science
Asst. Merchandising Manager Resume
Objective : Self-motivated, creative, resourceful, and hard worker Excellent management, organizational and communication skills Proficient in Microsoft Office software products including Outlook, Publisher, Excel, and Word Able to assume and delegate responsibility; works well with a team or independently Capacity to quickly establish a rapport with others and generate confidence and enthusiasm Conscientious, energetic and personable individual.
Skills : Google Docs, Excellent Customer Service, Excellent Communication Skills, Organizational Skills, Honest, Hard Working, Motivated, Sales, Merchandising, Employee Relations, Inventory Management, Leadership.
- Meets or exceeds the defined inventory management and merchandising related key performance indicators and metrics to drive financial performance and results.
- Facilitates and supports the orientation, training and certification process for Sales Associates specific to assigned merchandising and inventory management functions.
- Properly execute all merchandising standards, procedures and merchandising related projects.
- Ensure the store meets and exceeds the established merchandising standards for product quality, presentation & visual marketing/merchandising.
- Implement merchandising strategies to generate measurable sales increases to ensure the store achieves their annual sales plan.
- Participate /assist in the annual budget process for merchandising and equipment as delegated by Store Manager.
- Supports the Human Resource functions of the store related to interviewing, hiring, orientation, training, along with acting as a role model in being a mentor and resource.
Store Merchandising Manager Resume
Objective : Highly enthusiastic customer service representative with 20+ year's client interface experience. Core Strengths Floor set design and visual displays Cash management Store maintenance Inventory control Shipping and receiving Customer service Adaptability Conflict resolution Strong organizational skills Listening skills Excellent communication skills Fast learner Courteous demeanor Energetic work attitude.
Skills : Merchandising, Inventory & management.
- Manage team responsible for assisting all external and internal customers with technical Information on Panasonic, Quasar, and Technics consumer electronic products.
- Coordinated start-up of call center to include departmental infrastructure and staffing requirements ensuring coverage for anticipated call volume of 8.5 million calls annually.
- Designed call-tracking application to gather call statistics, track product trends, report on misdirected calls to the Merchandising Department, as well as aid in troubleshooting for Product Technicians.
- Program resulted in 70% increase in quality scoring in the area of accurate information.
- Facilitated communication with Design Engineers to provide product information for use in response to escalations, resulting in an average decrease of 5 days in case resolution.
- Managed project for the development of knowledge base program.
- Implementation of project resulted in 25% decrease in average talk-times.
Visual Merchandising Manager Resume
Summary : A results-oriented and highly accomplished professional with a wide range of experience in operations, Human Resource administration, employee relations, education and engagement, training/coaching, staffing, merchandising, sales, and customer service. Possesses a proven track record of success in effectively leading a team to maximize company objectives. Develops associates for bench and succession planning, achieves operational excellence of standard operational procedures, as well as maximizes effectiveness of company processes and programs.
Skills : Microsoft office, POS, Microsoft excel, Scheduling, Payroll, Inventory Control.
- Grew sales and profits through excellent customer service and environmental standards of assigned lines.
- Trained, motivated, and led sales associates to provide excellent customer service in hourly and commission sales pay plans.
- Built bench of management potential associates through associate development of supervisory staff.
- Created company sales initiatives, such as credit and jcp.com referral businesses.
- Awards: Recognized as regional winner of Merchandiser of the Year Award for executing company programs and top results in sales and profit for assigned area.
- New Process Development and Implementation: Worked closely with district staff to train all district merchandise managers on basic reorder process.
- Set up minimal on-hand requirement and alert when on-hand and on-order fell below predetermined standards.
- Created new process, including set up, maintenance, and analysis by each merchandise manager.
Merchandising Manager & Buyer Resume
Summary : Enthusiastically maintained a successful record of meeting company, departmental, and personal sales goals. Experienced in time management, the distribution and delegation of responsibilities and the completion of goals and tasks. Apt and adaptable technology skills. Maintained approachability and proper decorum under pressure. Professional and respectable in all business situations and relations with fellow employees, management, customers and clients.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Dynamics GP, MercuryGate, TMW Systems, Fleet Cost Care- Fleet Management Software.
- Managed and delegated tasks to ensure projects were completed in a timely manner, and merchandise fixtures and product were maintained to company standards.
- Created contests and challenges to encourage booksellers, leading to increased sales and the meeting of store goals.
- Planned and executed in-store events and assisted with off-site events including liaising with authors.
- Handled institutional orders and sales and maintained monthly calendar of events for store.
- Children's Department Lead and Head Cashier Built sales and ensured customer loyalty through excellent service, thorough knowledge of current retail products, trends and developments.
- Increased the quantity, quality, promotion and attendance of arts and literacy specialty events, which has directly contributed to the Perkins Rowe Barnes & Noble consistently making its sales goals and plans.
- Analyzed department sales to highlight growth opportunities.
Merchandising Manager Resume
Objective : To secure a position in a business environment where my professional skills can benefit my employer as well as allow me to fully utilize my communication, organizational, and problem solving skills and to also acquire new abilities as well.
Skills : Merchandising, Management, Supervisor, Visual Merchandising, Events, Sales, Retail Management, Retail Sales, Interior Design, Cooking, Coordinator, Purchasing, Para Education, Teaching, Inventory, Hiring, Visual Basic, Visual Design, Art Direction, Creative Direction, Retail, Team Management.
- Evaluate the sales floor and analyzes store reports daily.
- Strategize current product placement; focusing on driving business results and maintaining presentation integrity.
- Execute and follow-up on daily replenishment system ensuring all sizes and colors Execute weekly markdowns and promotions to ensure all styles are properly merchandised throughout the sales floor and clearance section.
- Ensure promotions are clearly and accurately signed with current marketing by referencing the weekly calendar.
- Partner with my Visual District Manger regularly to address any questions or concerns.
- Maintain a system for auditing markdowns on the sales floor and in the stockroom to ensure consistent 100% compliance.
- Pre-plan concept book direction and manage implementation.
- Ensure visual and merchandising rollouts and floor-sets are completed to company timeframes and standards without effecting service or selling.