Associate QA Tester Resume
Objective : Associate QA Tester with 3+ years of experience working with Web-based and client/server applications. Good knowledge of different domains but mainly in Banking and Mortgage Industry. Experience in developing Test Plans, Test Cases based on BRD. Good understanding of different Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Good knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies. Extensive experience in Client/Server, Web-based Application, CRM Methodologies, and Stand-Alone Application testing.
Skills : UNIX, Quick Test Pro (QTP), Quality Center (ALM), JIRA, Java, HTML, SQL, VB Script, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, CRM
- Worked as a manual tester for a bank, which is one of the nation's leading banking.
- Analyzed business, system requirements that are being loaded in hp quality center tool by bsa.
- Directed/coordinated with BSA in order to manage and update the missing parameters of requirements in QC.
- Involved in creating test plans for the different aspects of the project according to the business specifications in coordination with the QA Lead and Project Manager.
- Responsible for reviewing business requirements, functional specifications, project schedules, documentation, and test plans.
- Involved in pulling out content by automating the extraction of data from paper and digital using data cap.
- Verified and audited data conversion for accuracy and proper transposition.
- Usual errors included data read errors, which were corrected by reviewing the source document and comparing to the output.
- Performed UAT, positive, negative and boundary testing using the approved test cases.
Bachelor Of Science
Software QA Tester (contractor) Resume
Objective : Software QA Tester with a strong testing background that included reviewing system requirements, preparing test plans, test strategies, test scenarios, writing and executing Test cases. 3+ Years of professional experience in Information technology covering Quality Assurance in ETL, Business Intelligence, Client-Server and Web-Based applications Experienced with a domain such as Telecom/Retail/eCommerce Websites.
Skills : Knowledge Of SDLC, Black Box Testing, Functional Testing, Unit Testing, Creating Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Agile Environment
- Created and set up test environments for set-top boxes.
- Tested new set-top boxes through various available connection configurations.
- Responsible for manually testing various DVR features like video on demand, quick-access menus, and grid listings.
- Manually tested the basic functionalities like favorites, parental control, and closed captions, etc.
- Verified functionality like Digital Video Recording (DVR), Parental Control, Video On Demand (VOD), And Pay Per View (PPV) for the set-top box.
- Worked with different types of ports such as RF, HDMI, S-video, composite video, and component video to verify set-top boxes are working properly for different HDTV and digital television.
- Extensively used data warehouse ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations, and loading processing, in a Corporate-Wide-ETL solution using Informatica, Data Stage, etc.
- Designed and developed ETL (Extract, Transformation & Load) strategy to populate the data warehouse from the various source systems feeds.
Bachelors Of Engineering
Software QA Tester (Mobile & Desktop) Resume
Headline : Software QA Tester with over 5 years of experience in testing, analysis, and documentation of Client-Server and Web-based applications. Extensive knowledge and experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) beginning from initiation and definition to deployment and support Experience in Software Testing throughout the full SDLC in environments using Agile/Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies. Experience in reviewing and analysis of product requirements, functional specs, GUI design, user guides, release notes, online help, and other documents.
Skills : SDLC Requirement Analysis, Agile, Scrum Languages JAVA, HTML, C++ Operating Systems Windows 98, ClearQuest, JIRA, Axosoft Workflow Tools SharePoint, MS Office Suite
- Reviewing and analyzing client-specific system requirements and scope of services.
- Analyzing functional and technical system design for testability
- Collaborating with project team resources to understand and prioritize system testing efforts.
- Providing input to system test strategies. Defining system test scenarios, creating system test plans and participating in the definition and execution of manual and/or automated system test scripts.
- Mining and manipulating data to create system test data and system test cases for multiple or complex projects
- Documenting expected results. In collaboration with the project team, developing and periodically confirming system test schedule.
- Executing Systems Integration Test Plan, including the comparison of actual results to expected results.
- Defining system regression tests for future projects and for ongoing regression efforts, transition system regression test cases to the DB QA regression team.
Bachelor Of Science
Senior QA Tester Resume
Summary : Senior QA Tester with 8 years of IT experience in the Analysis, design, development and Implementation QA process For Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design, ETL, OLAP, Client/Server applications. Excellent testing experience in all phases and stages of the Software Testing Life Cycle and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with a good working knowledge of testing methodologies, disciplines, tasks, resources, and scheduling. Expertise in designing the test scenarios and scripting the test cases in order to test the application.
Skills : Testing Tools Quick Test Pro Test Management Quality Center, JIRA, Mantis Version Control Systems Perforce, Subversion, MS Visual Source Safe Project Management Microsoft Project
- Reviewed the business requirement documents and the functional specification.
- Prepared test plan from the business requirements and functional specification and mocking up the data and created test cases according to the business requirements.
- Responsible for the requirements / ETL analysis, ETL testing and designing of the flow and the logic for the data warehouse project.
- Tested the front-end web applications developed in J2EE for data portal for matching created test plans and performed unit testing for the Informatica mappings.
- Responsible for different data mapping activities from source systems to targeted written test cases for ETL to compare source and target database systems.
- Created batch processes using fast load, Unix shell, and Teradata SQL to transfer, cleanup and summarize data.
- Tuned ETL jobs/procedures/scripts, SQL queries, PL/SQL procedures to improve the system performance ensured data integrity and verified all data modifications and calculations during database migration using ETL tools.
- Used SQL for querying the db2 database in a Unix environment and used t-SQL for querying the SQL server database for data validation.
- Developed Unix scripts and Autosys scripts to load extract files into staging tables using SQLLDR.
- Automated and scheduled the Informatica jobs using UNIX shell scripting.
QA Tester Coordinator Resume
Headline : QA Tester Coordinator with around 5+years of Experience as a Quality Assurance Tester experience in Manual and Automated Software Testing. Experience in preparing Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Cases, Test schedule planning, Test Traceability Matrix, Defect Reports, Test results documents for projects Have strong knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing Life Cycle concepts and its implementation in projects and well versed with Waterfall, V Model Testing Methodologies.
Skills : Manual Testing, Automation Testing, Autodesk Maya, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, After Effects, Flash, Python, C++, Design, Unity, Unreal Engine, Zbrush
- Responsibilities included preparation of test plan/ test strategy for the application after an in-depth analysis of requirements and specifications.
- Created and executed detail function test script and test cases based on the business requirements.
- Responsible for the preparation of requirement traceability matrix and various how to's documents for troubleshooting.
- Developed test cases using WSDL, schema files which define web service request, response, methods/operations, the endpoint of web service to be tested.
- Responsible for setting up web services test project using WSDL in SOAP UI and provided setup help to other team members.
- Testing of web services using web services client generated using, SOAP UI, TCP monitor to track request and response SOAP messages.
- Created Tech Design and Architecture for the Automation of Test Scripts.
- Communicated directly with Development, BA teams, and Business stakeholders.
- Provided Automation Demos and building Proof of Concept for the automation and New Ideas.
Bachelor Of Science
Configuration Analyst/QA Tester Resume
Summary : Over 7 years of experience in Information Technology as a Configuration Analyst/QA Tester. Well-versed with all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC). Extensive experience in QA methodologies and standards, requirements analysis, generating test cases, test case Automation, and test scripts execution. Strong hands-on experience in testing Web-based and Client-Server applications in different environments. Good expertise in Telecom, Job portal, Healthcare, and Insurance domains.
- Responsible for testing the middleware in conjunction with its users and client's process.
- Participating in business requirements and design review meetings, using the agile scrum methodology process for iterative development through collaboration of cross-functional teams and sprint.
- Defining and managing quality assurance metrics for performance improvement.
- Implementing ongoing quality improvement processes working with IT management and interdepartmental teams to measure, control and improve quality standards.
- Used testing tools like JIRA and HP ALM tools for requirement gathering and coverage analysis of business process & testing life cycle.
- Involved in backend testing - validated the data in the database by running SQL queries.
- Hands on experience on various cloud based platform infrastructure components testing like (DME) Direct Messaging Engines, Command Line Interfaces (Unix) & server interaction using gateway services.
- Responsible for web services validation among the different API's using SOAP-UI Pro, ITE tool and SOA test.
- Executed test scripts in QTP and from the QC by creating test set in test lab.
Masters of Science
Associate QA Tester Resume
Objective : Associate QA Tester with around 4 years of progressive working experience in software quality assurance and software tester with diverse projects, clients and industry. Prepared documentation such as business requirements, functional specifications and master documents based on business needs.
Skills : Autodesk Maya, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, After Effects, Flash, Python, C++, Design, Unity, Unreal Engine, Zbrush
- Reviewing functional specifications, business requirements, and use cases and translate these requirements into test cases.
- Running tests to search for bugs. Identifying and documenting application defects in a centralized issue tracking system.
- Maintaining detailed documentation of test results.
- Enforcing defect management procedures within the project team.
- Providing assessment of product quality at key milestones to project stakeholders.
- Using quantitative estimating techniques based on existing metrics and personal experience.
- Creating test cases in collaboration with Engineering and Product teams.
- Executing test cases. Identifying bugs and understanding how to resolve them.
- Working with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Analyzing data to identify areas for improvement in the QA process.
Masters of Science
QA Tester (Consultant) Resume
Headline : QA Tester with 6+ Years of experience in IT industry as Quality Assurance Analyst/ETL Tester/BI Tester working with Client-Server, Datawarehouse, DataMart, Business Intelligence, Database, Web-based applications. Thorough knowledge of SDLC and QA/Test methodologies worked with Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies. Advanced skills in manual testing and proficiency with backend automation test strategy.
Skills : Windows, Linux And Unix BI Tools Cognos 8.4, Business Objects XIr4, Crystal Reports, OBIEE, FireBug, FirePath, FireFinder, WebDriver Element Locator
- Prepared the test plan, test strategy and test case documents with the help of BRD, FRS, HLD, LLD, and other supporting documents.
- Attended walkthrough meetings with the business analysts and DEV team to get a clear understanding of the business and the applications being used in-house.
- Developed and designed test cases based on the business rules and mapping documents.
- Validated the source data coming from various databases using complex SQL queries.
- Aggregated the data at source and compared with the target to validate transformations.
- Prepared traceability matrices to track the requirements with the test cases and make sure none of them have been missed.
- Worked with other members of the QA and development teams and managed efforts with offshore team in improving the processes, methods, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Attended daily status call with offshore to review assigned tasks and solve any impediments.
- Developed test scripts for data-driven tests using HP Quick Test Pro 9.5 used parameterization in QTP extensively to perform data-driven testing.
- Responsible for the validation of reports generated in excel sheet and data comparison using QTP scripts performed functional testing using QTP for an end to end application testing.
High School Diploma
Consultant QA Tester Resume
Objective : Consultant QA Tester with 2+ years of experience in Quality Assurance and Testing, in the areas of the Business process, requirements, functional analysis, and maintenance of Web-based applications. Extensive Knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, methodologies, and strategies with a better understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Possess excellent communication skills along with verbal and written skills. Efficient and accurate in work. Keen to learn new skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
Skills : Selenium RC/IDE/GRID/Web Driver, Junit, Jmeter, HP QTP, HP Quality Center, Test Director, Win Runner And Load Runner, Rational Tool Suite
- Responsible for analyzing the requirements and providing the right effort estimates during the estimation phase (poker planning).
- Involved in designing the automation testing framework for wireless dashboard project using Selenium web driver.
- Involved in integration system testing, multi-browser testing, production validation testing, assembly testing, database testing.
- Configured selenium web driver and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Extensively used Selenium ide to record, playback and debug individual test cases, used Selenium web driver, provided more flexibility in automating test cases.
- Used Selenium web driver APIs for writing TestNG test suites and test cases for testing functionality.
- Performed defect tracking and management, interfacing with development teams, configuration management team, RCA team, environment team, UAT team, and other application teams.
- Worked as a part of the agile corporate training provided by representing the ist team.
- Used Selenium web driver for writing test scripts for regression test coverage.
- Participated in the user stories discussion and test scenarios preparation.
QA Tester Resume
Objective : Experienced Agile QA Tester with 3+ Years of experience working as a Manual and Automation Tester. Strong knowledge of software development life cycle and hands-on experience with software testing life cycle. Strong experience in documenting test Scenarios and test case/ test scripts, UAT, and traceability matrix for manual and automated testing environments. Extensive knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) including agile/scrum and waterfall methodology.
Skills : HP-ALM, JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, SOAP UI, SQL Developer, QTP Testing Unit, Functional, Black Box, Smoke Test, System, Integration, UAT, Regression Testing Methodology Agile/scrum
- Documented software defects and performed additional testing to verify all issues were fixed before final delivery.
- Analyzed and formatted data elements in excel in conformance with client requirements.
- Consistently produced files of high-quality and met weekly production rates each week.
- Performed quality reviews of completed files prior to delivery to the client.
- Resolved discrepancies and corrected formatting issues/errors to ensure high-quality deliverables on a weekly basis.
- Performed quality control checks on processed files and calculated the error percentage rate for each team member.
- This verified the client requirement of 6% or less error rate was being met.
- Revised the instructions as needed and trained other processors on them.
- Responsible for the redesign of a risk assessment tool used by service members to conduct private motor vehicle trip planning.
Bachelor Of Science