Network Design Engineer Resume
Summary : A position in LAN-WAN networking where knowledge and experience to the organization's goals in technologies and services provided. Provide technical oversight of a project solution, including requirement interpretation and allocation of requirements to technical components.
Skills : Process Improvement, Inventory Managment, Capacity Management, User Acceptance Testing, System Integration Testing, VBA, Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Designed PC networks based on the Token Ring Networking standard (IEEE 802.5) using Novell 2.15.
- Generated cable plant as-built database using dBase III+ software and digitized floor plan blueprints with AUTOCAD.
- Defense Data Network System program - System Administrator Maintained SUN Microsystems, upgraded SUN OS from version 3.0 to 4.1, troubleshot system problems and provided user support.
- Configured and connected system with other nodes in the military APPARENT network.
- Wrote and modified the C program and script files to interface with the application.
- Designed and modified application for a relational database using SUN Unify with SQL.
- Maintained database security by assigning user rights; performed database system administration.
- Performed requirements analysis of the system by drawing DFD, Entity-Relationship diagrams and interviewing users.
- Designed and created database files for a multi-user environment using FoxBASE.
Sr. Network Design Engineer Resume
Summary : Over 11 years of comprehensive experience in Network Design Engineer which includes UMTS and LTE protocols test of various Qualcomm chipsets and experience in True Position's E911 Location Based System (LBS) network design and configuration in various markets. Proven experience with the support process of device testing and approval which include Project planning, execution, completion and support.
Skills : Wireshark, Wireless Protocol Advisor, Trace32, JTAG, LTE CA, VOLTE, SRVCC, CSFB, IMS.
- Analyze and interpret complex data from Cingular wireless (now ATT) about cell sites in a market.
- Extensive use of excel macros for data manipulation to ensure proper data format to generate cooperators for location accuracy.
- Exhibit judgement by tweaking the number of cooperators that participate in location accuracy calculation to arrive at good design models.
- Responsible for preparation of E911 Location Accuracy Design Documents for central and west regions.
- Work with network operator engineers to attain proper cell site data and follow up on data anomalies until closure.
- Perform accuracy prediction using ServerFarm, legacy software that predicts accuracy within a specific geographic location.
- Work with drive test engineers during after-hours for any issues with E911 accuracy on certain cell sites.
- Configure E911 LMUs in each market using SCOUT on a daily basis.
Jr. Network Design Engineer Resume
Summary : Network Design Engineer responsibility with an organization where proven skills in program management, leadership, organization and technical ability can be translated into improved customer satisfaction, growth and profitability.
Skills : CCNA, WAN, LAN, IPV4/IPV6, Cisco, Juniper, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VPN, Java, Java script, HTML, PHP.
- Created Ethernet to the Cell site (ETTC), LTE (Long Term Evolution), E911, UMTS DS3, and DS1 Designs.
- E911 paths builds were from Cell Site to Service Mobile Location equipment.
- UMTS DS3 and DS1 designs consisted of DACS, CFA and Cell Site assignments.
- Served as Project Manager for Granite to Casper Status Report for BAWA Region.
- Monitor Projects who's Milestones were not actualized per report.
- Escalated to other Teams to get Milestones cleared or Project data updated.
- Created/Inventory SIAD Shelves, Cable Spans and add Slots to Node B shelf when required.
- Expert in Granite bulk uploading, parent port mapping, mapping equipment ports, naming conventions, and UDA requirements.
Network Design Engineer III Resume
Summary : Internal and external customer IT infrastructure architecture needs and then design solutions to meet those needs to include: capacity planning, systems configuration and tuning, monitoring backups, and installations of hardware and software.
Skills : Leadership, Project Management.
- Technical leadership across the organization from network design through project planning and implementation.
- Design, implementation, and troubleshooting of complex data and voice networks.
- Working closely with different vendors during the design and implementation phase.
- Designing IP network infrastructure for various platforms and technologies.
- Involved in corporate voice/wireless/security network designs and providing integrated solutions.
- Using advanced routing techniques and QoS to ensure the effective utilization of currently deployed resources.
- Designed, installed, configured and documented Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA 5520) for NIPRNet/SIPRNet Troubleshooting critical L2/L3 problems that require in-depth analysis/design enhancements.
- Using network monitoring tools to analyze network performance.
- Leadership in the design of future networks, including product evaluation, testing, implementation, and in-depth troubleshooting.
Network Design Engineer II Resume
Summary : Diverse experience in ICT management, development and consulting as a Project Management Team Leader, Systems Engineer, IT Manager and Project Manager for various organizations in the US and in Lebanon. Over 15 years of experience in managing ICT departments and leading ICT teams in the areas of business automation systems' design.
Skills : Report Writing, Report Preparation, Report Preparation, Contract Management, IT Management, It Project Management.
- Dealing with civil, mechanical, electrical engineering, pipeline and marine works contracting.
- CAT has over 500 employees and thousands of project-based workers.
- Design and implement a plan to build the Group IT system from an almost non-existing state to a state-of-the-art IT structure.
- Preparation and responsibility for IT budget, cost/benefits, and return-on-investment analysis.
- Documenting policies, procedures, and systems related to company-wide information interchange.
- Coordinating with Line Managers throughout the company to help achieve the business goals by evaluating IT needs, developing and implementing the right plan.
- Analyzing the existing infrastructure and redesigning facilities and trunks based on current customer usage and projected.
Network Design Engineer I Resume
Headline : Manage network security including anti-virus, spyware and intrusion software and devices. Manage accounts to access core district services. Design and implement network infrastructure to ensure continuity of services for the district.
Skills : Graphic Design, Inventory Management, Adobe Acrobat, Administration, Access.
- Helped design a large-scale LAN migration plan from hubbed to switched Ethernet environment using switches and ATM switch interconnects for approximately 1750 users and 65 file servers.
- Coauthored plans for additional interconnection of all new corporate LANs via the corporate WAN.
- Contributed to corporate WAN redesign migrating from Newbridge Channel Banks interfacing to partial and full DS1 circuits to a fully meshed, routed TCP/IP network.
- Allowed for better utilization of bandwidth, and a cleaner interface with the rest of the corporate network going forward.
- Assumed technical and project responsibility for the rollout of Internet service provider product offering, scaling to a nationwide presence.
- Designed and oversaw the installation of a 125KW UPS for backup support for the ISP for a large portion.
- Installed Concord Communications Network Health and Trak/Reports capacity planning products.
Network Design Engineer I Resume
Summary : System/Network Engineer with 10 years of experience installing and maintaining networks. Extensive working knowledge of LAN, WAN, Wireless, Cellular, routing/routed protocols such as IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP. Expansive hands on experience working with routers, switches, Firewall and load balancer.
Skills : IT Management, Software Development, Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Architecture.
- Acted as the technical escalation point for the Stage/Development LAB within the networking team and insured redundant and high available network design.
- Prioritized and troubleshot complex networks (ATG/ATG4/KU/2KU technology) and systems issues that ranged from low-level hardware right through application level.
- Provided 24/7 network support to Gogo's complex WAN and LAN networks.
- Performed network/device audit, analyzed the audit and implemented network/hardware changes where requisite.
- Designed and executed redundancy at different cell site locations and as per the requirements, planned Active/Active or Active/Standby redundant solutions using BGP protocol.
- Delivered support for Cell-sites in regard to network connectivity.
- Planned, implemented and maintained Gogo's Development/RF LAB networks, using routing protocols such as OSPF, HSRP, VRF, PBR, and BGP.
- Created partition, virtual server, nodes and pools in F5.
Master's Of Science
Network Design Engineer/Specialist Resume
Objective : To expand skills in IT Management and have the opportunity to excel and grow within the Information Technology Field. Operate and maintain internet connections, Email systems, and firewall.
Skills : Windows 10, Microsoft Office.
- Manage, administer and maintain hardware and software for USDA's LAN serving approximately 900 users.
- Manage, administer and maintain CC Mail and Exchange Servers.
- Manage a group of 6 individuals.
- Analyze and resolve error conditions and performance issues related to the LAN environment.
- Manage software applications and services provided on the LAN.
- Communicate with manufacturers to resolve problems encountered with various products.
- Provide advanced internal support for various groups, and recommend solutions to software/hardware problems.
- Plan and execute installation and configuration changes for LAN and workstation software and hardware.
- Write Standard Operating Procedures for hardware and software installation.
Lead Network Design Engineer Resume
Headline : The Network Design Engineer will be responsible for network and voice support in a global environment. This role will require candidates who are not only technically knowledgeable but also possess strong communications skills
Skills : Bilingual Spanish, Design Engineer, Designer.
- Create Engineering and Installation design packages to Operations and Carrier Transport Engineers for installation and activation of the network.
- Designing and leading/conducting audits of Granite network records and leading implementation plans among TWC teams to correct network inventory issues.
- Maintain TID management, IP addressing and IP allocation for equipment and network interfaces in IP Control for CTBH and Carrier Ethernet orders.
- Maintain the site objects, network equipment, network and service path designs in Telcordia Granite Xing.
- Create process flow diagrams for each type of order and individual process on a per market basis.
- Improve Granite user experience, perception, and satisfaction through process improvement and data integrity.
- Design small and large scale projects to ensure deliverables are met on time.
Network Design Engineer Resume
Objective : An experienced, highly motivated IT professional with a successful background in IT management, Microsoft and Unix/Linux based technologies. Recognized for exceptional technical problem solving skills and the strong ability to perform in time of crisis.
Skills : Network Engineer, Network Specialist.
- Worked with a team of engineers to implement new services offerings and ensure all contracted service SLAs were met.
- Created scripts and processes to build efficiencies in all aspects of the offerings to help reduce administrative costs.
- Remote network monitoring, HP Openview (Network Node Manager).
- Root cause failure analysis using UNIX based software package.
- Helped expand remote network management offerings by engineering an NT management console and automation of administrative tasks.
- Developed and implemented configuration management solution including archiving and on-demand creation of ERD (Emergency Repair Disks).
- Implemented solutions for application and process management on NT and UNIX platforms.