Ophthalmic Assistant Resume
Objective : Multi-faceted and creative customer service-oriented professional versed in writing, editing, social media, multitasking, and working both individually and with a team. Excited to learn and grow in a new, challenging environment.
Skills : Variety of experience with several computer programs, clerical skills.
- Administered topical ophthalmic medications to treat eye ailments.
- Meticulously cleaned and sterilized ophthalmic and surgical instruments.
- Fitted and adjusted eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Educated patients about proper contact lens care, visual hygiene and safety.
- Conducted visual field tests to measure field of vision.
- Used lensometers to measure and record patients' lens power.
- Accurately measured bridge and eye size, vertex distance, temple length, pupillary distance and optical centers of eyes.
- Helped patients select frames according to desired style and color.
BA In English
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Resume
Headline : Certified Ophthalmic Assistant with expert knowledge of medical terminology and HIPPA compliance. Professional and empathetic personality type with established career working in Ophthamology se ings. Support quality patient care and education.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Assist physician in exam room transcribing patient findings, preparing plan and preparing prescriptions with EMR.
- Interview patients and document ocular and medical histories.
- Perform a variety of routine tests using ophthalmic instruments that provide diagnostic information including, but not limited to, intraocular pressures, basic motility, visual fields, OCT.
- Assist the physician during diagnostic and minor surgical procedures, including instrumentation, sterile preparations and documentation.
- Administer topical medications or diagnostic drugs as required by the provider for testing or treatment.
- Prepare and position patient for diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Assist the physician with patient education pertaining to the treatment prescribed.
- Record patient charges for billing department.
Ophthalmic Assistant/Office Assistant Resume
Headline : Learned good communication and problem solving skills as well as flexibility, working effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Oracle, EPIC, People Soft,.
- Gather patient information including: chief complaint, list of allergies, medications, family history and medical history.
- Perform preliminary examinations including: visual fields, color vision, stereo vision, visual acuity, pupillary response and amsler grid.
- Obtain patient consent for intravitreal injections, PRP laser, focal laser, and pneumatic retina re attachments.
- Administer dilation drops and numbing drops for intravitreal injections.
- Maintain and clean ophthalmic instruments Maintain an accurate and detailed log of all medications and medical supplies that need to be restocked.
- Manage patient flow; approximately 60-80 patients per day.
- Ophthalmic Photographer Perform multiple ophthalmic imaging procedures including: digital fluorescein angiography, color fundus photography, (external photos, stereo photos), Optical coherence tomography, and retinal thickness analysis.
- Involved in 8 clinical studies including internal and external studies with reading centers such as FPRC, Duke and Darc-Genentech.
Ophthalmic Assistant (OA) Resume
Summary : To start a career in medical transcription so that I can utilize not only my knowledge obtained as a recent graduate of transcription, but also to utilize my computer skills and experience with working in the medical field.
Skills : COA, OMA, EMT, Administrative Support, Customer Service, bank teller.
- Assist ophthalmologists and optometrists for an estimated 250 patients per day volume office.
- Record patient histories and chief complaints.
- Administer visual and ocular tests and evaluations such as : visual acuity,pinhole,brightness acuity,amsler grid,color plates and stereo tests.
- Perform variety of clinical skills with the use if clinical instruments such as: Keratometry,Refractions with auto and manual refractor/phoroptor digital and manual Lensometry.Tonometry with tono-pen and applanation/slit lamp.
- Assisted in minor surgical procedures such as insertion or punctum plugs and lid suture removals.
- Instruct patients with insertion and removal of contact lenses.
- Trained assistants refraction,lensometry and tonometry when needed.
Ophthalmic Assistant/Associate Resume
Summary : An enthusiastic self-starter with Ophthalmic Training and communications skills. Proven professional achievements, and possess the right clerical and computer skills required to assist the company in achieving its goals.
Skills : 75+ WPM Typing Speed, Patient History Taking , Instillation.
- Prepared examination and treatment rooms for use by eye care providers.
- Performed basic and routine vision screenings examinations; and recorded data on standard format.
- Maintained ophthalmic instruments appropriately.
- Managed to administered eye medications as ordered by the Ophthalmologists.
- Performed other technical skills as directed by an eye care provider.
- Prepared patients and assisted ophthalmologist laser procedures.
- Recognized an emergency situation and initiated appropriate plan of action.
- Performed liaison duties between patients, referring physicians, and hospital staff.
High School Diploma
Ophthalmic Assistant/Medical Assistant Resume
Headline : Ten years combined medical experience in both optometric and ophthalmic fields. I have the ability to function, and exceed expectations on time in a high volume office.
Skills : Ophthalmic tech, Familiar with EMR systems.
- Assisted Ophthalmologist in treatment and care of patients by performing a variety of technical duties.
- Tested ocular functions, including distance and near visual acuity color vision, muscle balance, intra-ocular tension, auto refraction, retinoscopy, and lensometry.
- Able to use both manual and automatic keratometer.
- Obtain and calculate pachymetry measurements.
- Assisted in Cataract, Lasik, and other various cosmetic and emergency surgeries, and minor in office procedures.
- Performed Fluorescein Angiography, and OCTs Able to obtain fundus photos of the optic disc and other various abnormalities of the eye and conditions.
- Performed Visual Field test and other neurological screenings using the Humphrey Visual Field.
Ophthalmic Medical Assisting
Ophthalmic Assistant II Resume
Summary : Self-motivated with strong communication skills and excellent time management. Able to recognize problems and resolve them efficiently. Confident in ability to balance clinical duties as well as administrative. Also possess a strong background in sales.
Skills : Ophthalmology Assistant, Respiratory Therapy.
- Assist the ophthalmologist in treating patients with their eye disorders and diseases.
- Conduct pre testing eye exam, pressure check on the Tonometer, auto refraction and visual field screening.
- Review insurance eligibility and benefits.
- Coordinate with the ophthalmologist on the prescriptions given to the patients.
- Gives instructions to patients concerning eye care, train new contact lens users on how to use contacts.
- Order contact trials and order for patients.
- Dispense contacts to patients Responsibilities include office and administrative work including open and close office, schedule appointments as well as referrals for patients.
- Many of our patients are Spanish speaking only I performed all interpretations.
Ophthalmic Assistant III Resume
Summary : Self directed, resourceful and passionate administrative professional looking for a position as an Administrative Assistant, bringing strong organizational and communication skills to provide successful support to the office.
Skills : SEO, SEM, MedFlow, Medinformatix, Word, Excel, Power Point, Website Managment, Social Media Marketing.
- More than Six years experience as Ophthalmic Technician.
- Remarkable ability to take patient history, evaluate patient problems and provide complete documentation in patient record.
- Superb knowledge of ophthalmic medical terminology, anatomy and physiology of the visual system.
- Great knowledge of refractive errors, diseases affecting the eye.
- Remarkable knowledge and understanding of the effect systemic diseases such as diabetes have on the eye.
- In-depth ability to develop and implement effective patient scheduling/appointment system and coordinate the flow or necessary documents and referral services.
- Uncommon skills in performing ultrasound A-Scan, B-Scan and biomiscroscopy for detection of tumors, retinal detachments, iris tumors and other pathological problems.
- Excellent knowledge of the principles of first-aid treatment for ocular and other medical emergencies.
Ophthalmic Assistant I Resume
Summary : Driven Administrative Assistant with experience in the handling of office duties, billing and computer tasks. My goal is to obtain a position where I can maximize my multiplayer of management skills, quality assurance, program development, training experience, customer service and a successful track record in the Administrative Assistant environment. I have skills for working in a fast pace environment and quick learning.
Skills : Microsoft, Fluent In Spanish, Strong customer service.
- Analyzed test results to develop proper eye care treatment plans.
- Referred patients to outside healthcare professionals for additional medical treatment.
- Routinely followed up with patients about their post-operative recovery status.
- Maintained organized records of customer prescriptions, work orders and payments.
- Obtained detailed medical and personal data for patient charts and records.
- Tested for interocular pressure, ocular motility and pupil size, equality and reaction.
- Operated ophthalmic instruments, including refractors, auto-kerarefractometers, ophthalmoscopes and retinoscopes.
Bachelor Of Science
Senior Ophthalmic Assistant Resume
Summary : Seeking full time employment with a company that I can grow with and utilize my skills to my fullest potential. My goal is to use my knowledge to the best of my abilities and to give 100% satisfactory care with the company.
Skills : Certified Patient Care Technician-Certified Phlebotomy Technician-Certified Nursing Assistant- Certified EKG Technician-Medical Terminology-CPR Certification.
- Assisted in patient work ups such as visual acuities, refractions, and going over all patient information.
- Scheduled patients for surgeries, as well as prepping patient for surgery.
- Doing A scans and going over all post op care Used autoclave for sterilizing instruments.
- Cleaned, sanitized and stocked exam rooms.
- Performed applinatiion tonometry and used tono pen for patients interocular pressure.
- Ordered supplies for the office as well as contact lenses for patients.
- Performed contact lens fittings as well as insertion and removal training for the patients.
Junior Ophthalmic Assistant Resume
Objective : Energetic and motivational Licensed Vocational Nurse, dedicated to driving top-quality patient care. Maintain a strong reputation for achieving high levels of patient satisfaction. Able to work successfully in fast-paced settings and demonstrates excellent communication and critical thinking skills. Seeking for an opportunity to develop new skills and expand my knowledge in a hospital setting.
Skills : Document Management, Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Publisher, Ophthalmic Medical Assisting, Medical Records, Customer Service.
- Assisted patient care by performing eye exams and administering diagnostic testing.
- Documented patient care in medical record.
- Entered data into electronic medical record.
- Examined patient for routine exams, follow-ups, retinal, and postoperative exams.
- Obtained chief complaint, patient history, current medications, and demographic information.
- Examined glasses prescription by lensometry.
- Assessed patient's distance and near vision.
Ophthalmic Assistant Resume
Summary : An energetic and outgoing ophthalmic assistant d unit clerk and unit clerk with over 15 years working in the ophthalmology field. I have a calm and reassuring personality and can interact with patients and professionals in a highly efficient manner.
Skills : Microsoft, Customer Service.
- Coordinated scheduling of follow up appointments as well as referral appointments.
- Created, maintained and copied files and patient files, records and other information as needed.
- Performed a variety of routine tests using ophthalmic instruments that provide diagnostic information including but not included to, intraocular pressures, basic refractions, visual fields, and fundus photography.
- Assisted the physician with documentation of the patient's medical record.
- Assisted the physician with patient education pertaining to treatment prescribed.
- Transcribed the history and examination as given by the patient and the physician.
- Transcribed the impression and plan, results of tests, prescriptions, and orders.
- Documented any procedures that may have been performed by the physician or ophthalmic medical personnel.
AAS In Science