Junior Patient Financial Counselor Resume
Objective : To obtain a full-time position as a Certified Nursing Assistant in a place where professionalism and teamwork is a common procedure. Multi-skilled and able to manage a client's mental health problems based upon an appropriate assessment of the client's problems.
Skills : Fluent in Spanish, Patience, Communication, Negotiation
- Responsible for preparing appropriate paperwork for the Medical Records Department; distributing charts; collecting accurate and updated patient demographics and insurance information; entering data in the computer system; ensuring accuracy for the billing department.
- Prepared for the next-day patients by obtaining verification of insurance policies, collecting co-payments or receipts on the patient balance during the check-in process.
- Also translated from English to Spanish and Spanish to English for doctors and nurses.
- Verified insurance benefits, prepared financial responsibility paperwork and cost estimates for radiation therapy, set up payment plans, loaded benefit information into the billing system, set up new patient accounts, scheduled appointments, collected monies owed, obtained referrals and pre-certifications, counseled patients on the financial obligations and filing.
- Complete reimbursement Analysis. Contact insurance company for authorizations for chemo/radiation/injections.
- Verify the existence of the medical policy. Complete patient financial counseling. Work daily schedules.
- Assist with patient assistance programs for chemo medications Set up payment arrangements Run credit card payment agreements.
Bachelors of Science
Patient Financial Counselor I Resume
Summary : Seeking a position in the medical field where expertise in assisting patients, answering the phone and handling daily duties that will be fully utilized to increase the company's client base and operational efficiency. To work with care, enthusiasm, proactive-ness and with 200% and thereby to secure a Challenging career by utilizing the abilities and analytical skills this will pave the way for professional growth and advancement.
Skills : Detail-oriented, Highly Organized, Able To Multi-task, Efficient And Organized Professional With Extensive Experience In Accounting Systems.
- Works with insurance verification staff to determine what coverage is active for patients' date of service.
- Notifies the appropriate departments of coverage for coordination of benefits, enters account notes and updates the patient accounting system.
- Educates, screens, and assists patients who do not have valid insurance coverage with enrollment in programs including state and federal public benefits, financial assistance, and/or existing loan or payment plans in accordance with hospital and departmental policies.
- Conducts interviews with patients and family members to help them apply for MCD, SSI, VOC and County programs and collects on liability for inpatient accounts at the bedside.
- Maintains complete documentation of all activities performed on accounts while in-house and after discharge. Screens and prepares packages for Government programs or financial assistance programs.
- Follows up on assigned inventory to ensure follow-through with government agencies and develops relationships with those agencies. Organized and coordinated the patient's financial obligations.
- Responded to patient's questions about financial issues, payment options, EOB questions, Itemize Billing questions etc.
- Managed all calls and correspondence from lawyers regarding patient balances. Reviewing of IB, EOB, billing, re-billing to patient insurance.
Bachelor Of Science
Patient Financial Counselor - Intern Resume
Objective : Determined Patient Financial Counselor with the exceptional aptitude to grasp new concepts. Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and capable of working independently or amongst a team. Effective communication skills to provide quality customer service. Substantial ability to perform under constant pressure and profound use of judgment to resolve conflict.
Skills : Software Applications: E-Pro, Epic/Cadence EHR, Quantum Encoder, 3M Encoder, Medipac, Nebo/E-Care/Thinonline, EPF, Peoplesoft, Kronos, IEX, API, NPI Registry, FirstNet, Ibex, Cerner, McKesson.
- Primary Contact for reimbursement issues, patient education in areas of insurance benefits, levels of coverage, and billing and collection processes.
- Review daily registrations in order to identify possible financial risk due to limited or no insurance coverage.
- Compose quality assurance audits on inpatient, outpatient, and emergency registrations.
- Inform both insured/uninsured financial options for services.
- Secure payment arrangements prior to patient discharge on inpatient stays emergency visits, and for major outpatient services; collecting deductibles, co-pays, coinsurances, and bill balances to meet departmental goals.
- Conduct case by case financial evaluation and program assessment to determine if reimbursement is available through various governmental and non-governmental programs or other third-party sources.
- Gather interviews to determine if the patient qualifies for financial assistance to provide application and/or assist in submitting proper documents to send to a charity care coordinator for charitable consideration.
- Obtain Pre-certification and insurance verification on inpatient stays and scheduled procedures via phone or web.
Senior Patient Financial Counselor Resume
Summary : A reliable and hardworking Senior Patient Financial Counselor with a practical hands-on approach, who always perseveres to achieve the best results. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to manage and complete projects to the highest standards. Energetic performer consistently recognized as passionate and hardworking, with an upbeat positive attitude.
Skills : Bilingual - Spanish, E-Pro, Epic/Cadence EHR, Quantum Encoder, 3M Encoder
- Working with insurance companies, making excel and access logs.
- Helping patients with charity, Medicaid applications, and any other insurance inquiries that they might have.
- Establishing relationships with coworkers to work in an effective and teamwork environment.
- Providing excellent customer/patient service. Admitted and discharged patients Identified errors with patient accounts and ensured they were corrected.
- Updated the daily doctor's list, as well as daily acuities, Took information on the daily directs. Consistently perform critical customer relations management functions to facilitate compliance with "best care, the best experience."
- Maintain patient and billing databases via expert proficiency in electronic medical records systems, like EPIC and Medipac.
- Responsible for the self-pay accounts for the Emergency Department at IU Health Laporte Hospital.
Bachelor Of Arts
Jr. Patient Financial Counselor Resume
Objective : Jr. Patient Financial Counselor with extensive experience in Collections/Management. Bilingual in Spanish/English, exceeded budget goals/outstanding skills in analysis, strategy, data entry, and planning. Enforce stringent controls of entire divisions' revenue and expenses. Self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions. Well organized and focused on coordinating projects.
Skills : Management, Coordinator, Logistics Management, Financial Analysis, Collections.
- Pre-register patients for inpatient and outpatient procedures, correctly identify patients in the ADT system.
- Currently obtain and enter demographics, insurance, accident date/time and any upfront payment at the time of registration.
- Date entry for many clinics, date entry using excel on codes that are not in Paynav, and entering accounts for surgery, imaging and women's imaging clinic.
- Estimate the cost of procedure/test and the amount of patient's upfront co-pay, co-insurance, out of pocket or deductible.
- Contacted insurance carriers to see if prior authorization is required for procedure/test. Notify the doctor's office when a prior authorization is required and track until authorization is completed.
- Verify insurance eligibility through the use of verification software, insurance company websites or calling.
- Discuss eligibility requirements for the Oregon Health Plan, Financial Assistant program and Health First Payment card for uninsured and underinsured patients.
- Record all obtained information through the use of account notes, unit notes and scanning software.
Lead Patient Financial Counselor Resume
Summary : Seeking a position in an office environment, where there is a need for a variety of office management tasks including - computer knowledge, organizational abilities, and business intelligence in a company we can grow as a unified team. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to manage and complete projects to the highest standards.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows, Adobe, Mac OS X, 45 WPM, Customer Service, And Support, Outlook, Data Entry
- Assessing Patients' financial situations and gathering information regarding all financials.
- Processing and placing in order and type up approval or denial assessment on the computer system with all information gathered.
- Enter final assessment on accounts, scan documents to main U drive, and mail approval/denial letters to patients.
- Create Collection Report and analyze all eligible accounts for each slide level and create a batch to write off the appropriate amounts.
- Payroll Deduction set up for Employees of Porter Medical Center and PPM Practices along with auto withdrawal set up of Meditech accounts.
- Twice monthly create a Bad Debt Report to analyze and investigate accounts that should or should not go to collections per current guidelines.
- Determines and accepts required payments, including but not limited to co-pays and deductibles.
Bachelor Of Science
Medicaid Patient Financial Counselor Resume
Headline : Energetic Medicaid Patient Financial Counselor consistently recognized as passionate and hardworking, with an upbeat positive attitude. Highly analytical thinker with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing and streamlining complex work processes. To work in a challenging and result-oriented environment and to contribute the potential to it.
Skills : Epic, Meditech, IDX/PCS, Soft-Aid, Medical Manager, Insurance Authorization Verification, Medicare/Medi-cal/Medicaid, Coding CPT/ICD-9, Typing 55 wpm.
- Assist patients with billing concerns and research as needed. Obtain patient financial information, create monthly payment plans and collection of outstanding balances.
- Call insurance companies to check eligibility, verify denial reasons and claim status.
- Assist patients with help applying for community resources, ie: Badgercare, Free clinics, etc.
- Research patient accounts for other employees to verify patient account status.
- Research Workman's Compensation requests for additional information needed.
- Responsible for electronic filing of all primary Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial Insurances Patient Financial Counselor Insurance follow-up, secondary insurance billing and patient collections.
- Check-in/outpatients Collecting copays Answering phones Verifying insurance Obtaining referrals/authorizations for patients Pre-registration.
- Setting up payment plans Accomplishments Being a top collector for copays.
Bachelor Of Science
Sr. Patient Financial Counselor Resume
Summary : To secure a meaningful and challenging position that provides the best opportunity to grow and utilize the excellent organizational silks and passion for customer service. To work in a competitive industry with a focus on continuous improvement by meeting the organizational expectations and by rendering quality services for the welfare and growth of the organization by utilizing the knowledge and skills.
Skills : Insurance Authorization Verification, Medicare/Medi-cal/Medicaid, Coding CPT/ICD-9, Typing 55 wpm.
- Reviewing alpha census daily, visits to in-house patients, collecting estimated patient liable amounts and works closely with outside agencies to verify patient's coverage.
- Provides cost estimates to physicians and patients. Assists patients with payment arrangements and Financial Assistance applications.
- Responsible for receiving and receipts of payments from patients for hospital services in accordance with internal cash control procedures and other duties as assigned.
- Insurance Verification Team Lead position held at the same time and responsibilities included timely and accurate pre-registration and insurance verification.
- Accurately interpreted managed care contracts, implemented on-line verification policies and procedures.
- Provided assistance to staff level employees as necessary to ensure compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Assisted manager with staffing, report reconciliation, QA processes and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor Of Science
Associate Patient Financial Counselor Resume
Headline : A responsible and challenging position that will utilize the education potential for achieving of personal as well as organization objectives and also providing good career opportunities. To be associated with a firm, that provides career development opportunities and to
contribute to its progress through knowledge and skill.
Skills : Bilingual, Bi-literate, Computer Literate, 10 key by touch, Excellent Customer Service skills, and Data Entry.
- Developed and maintained all patient revenue charges in the addictive services unit.
- Tracked all financial projects, billing, and contracts and performed quality control for the addictive services unit.
- Prepared monthly budgeting reports and deposited daily all hospital financial transactions.
- Created monthly patient accounts receivable accounting and ledger reports to ensure accurate billing practices.
- Modified and created interoffice procedures-maintained accurate billing practices with HMO's and Managed Care Plans.
- Reviewed Medicare and Medicaid contractual guidelines Responsible for training department employees newly launched or updated revenue systems.
- Updated and recommended accounts submitted for financial assistance. Retrieved and balanced all monetary transactions from vaults in service areas.
- Completed spreadsheets, accounting and deposited transactions of all account ledgers.
Master Of Science
Patient Financial Counselor - Temp Resume
Headline : Accomplished and energetic Patient Financial Counselor with a solid history of achievement in Administrative duties. Motivated leader with strong organizational and prioritization abilities. Areas of expertise include the ability to accomplish duties in a timely matter, have strong communication skills, and problem-solving.
Skills : E-Pro, Epic/Cadence EHR, Quantum Encoder, 3M Encoder, Medipac
- Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Collect and deposit money into accounts, disburse funds from cash accounts to pay bills or invoices, keep records of collections and disbursements, and ensure accounts are balanced.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases. Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
- Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
High School Diploma
Patient Financial Counselor - Intern Resume
Objective : To be an active employee who contributes to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the
company, and to interact, on a professional level with other employees. To give excellent performance, and to translate the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities into value for the organization.
Skills : Detail-Oriented, Highly Organized, Able To Multi-Task, Efficient And Organized Professional
- Contacts patients and insurance companies for payments requests, overdue patients, denied claims and arrange payment plans.
- Contacts insurance companies for explanation of benefits, pre-authorization, and to resolve claim issues.
- Produce reports to reduce age trial balances by contacting the patient for collection or sending secondary claims.
- Provide customer service to patients by educating them on insurance policies, billing procedures, and coding issues.
- Conducts interviews, distributes charity application, gathers documentation and sends to a charity care coordinator for charitable consideration.
- Responsible for reviewing daily registrations in order to identify possible financial risk due to limited or no insurance coverage. Coordinates and develops payment plans for delinquent patient accounts per established guidelines.
- Verification of benefits for Inpatients and Outpatients Adjustment of claims according to contracts.