Reading Specialist Resume
Headline : To help students raise their academic achievement levels, as well as, teach them to become productive citizens in society. To become apart of a team who is goal- oriented and offers new challenges that will heighten student's scholastic abilities.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, GoogleDrive, proven customer service skills, organizational and time management skills, able to multi-task, positive and energetic attitude.
- Screened students to establish proper reading level placement.
- Assisted classroom teachers in selection of students needing special reading instruction.
- Provided diagnostic, prescriptive and evaluative services for identified students.
- Provided individual and small group instruction for identified students.
- Acted as a resource teacher in reading to regular classroom teachers by assisting them in organizing their reading program, selecting materials, suggesting teaching techniques and relating their instructional program to the special needs of students.
- Gave demonstration lessons in the teaching of reading as requested or required.
- Assisted in the establishment and development of school and district reading curriculum.
- Provided reading resources for teachers, aides and parents.
MA In Leadership
Sr. Reading Specialist Resume
Objective : To serve as a dynamic resource and to work collaboratively while maintaining and sustaining a productive work culture, organization, and agency.
Skills : Office Manager, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Identify literature for use in all content areas in support of the curriculum.
- Provide curriculum support and training for all teachers and continuous staff development that supports school division initiatives.
- Model and coach instructional methods in a variety of settings (whole group and small group) and provide follow-up support.
- Collaborate with and coach teachers on the use of assessment data to plan instruction; analyze school literacy data and plan for future literacy needs.
- Provide ongoing training and follow-up in the use of assessment tools.
- Select instructional materials to meet student needs.
- Participate in collaborative instructional planning.
- Assess students using a variety of measures to determine appropriate placement and specific instructional needs.
Jr. Reading Specialist Resume
Objective : Certified Reading K-12 and Elementary Education K-5 Teacher with 8 years classroom experience. Ability to plan and provide instruction in each subject area using a wide variety of teaching aids, motivational and implementation strategies to engage students in active learning, implement technological approaches to subject material, and research educational resources on the Internet and using other available resources.
Skills : School Improvement.
- Assessed students in the areas of reading and writing, and provided administration and teachers support in interpreting the data obtained.
- Assisted classroom teachers in providing a balanced reading program, which included lesson demonstrations, co-teaching, in-service, and plug-in reading instruction.
- Consulted teachers, staff, and administrators with ordering reading and language arts materials.
- Developed and provided staff/county professional development in reading and writing.
- Coordinated and implemented school-wide reading incentives and book clubs for teachers and students.
- Acted as a professional resource for teachers, administrators, parents, and students.
- Managed an after-school reading intervention program for struggling students.
Master Of Education
Reading Specialist/Tutor Resume
Objective : An enthusiastic teacher with superb leadership and communication skills easily cultivates trusting and productive relationships with students, parents, and administration.
Skills : Advanced COBOL, PASCAL II.
- Assist classroom teachers to implement a reading program, provided direct instruction for 9th-12th grade male students on a daily basis.
- Provided evaluations for students which, includes curriculum monitoring, student diagnosis, and monitoring teacher and school effectiveness.
- Administrated statewide testing to students.
- Discussed long- term and short- term reading goals and objectives for IEP meetings with guardians and other educational committees.
- Strengthened parent-teachers and parent-child communication by holding regular parent-teacher conferences.
- Taught students to exercise problem solving methodology and techniques during tests.
- Enhanced reading skills through the use of children's literature, readers theater and story time.
Reading Specialist/Teacher Resume
Summary : Self-starting, goal-oriented strategist whose confidence, perseverance and vision promote success Skilled at organizing complex projects, defining priorities, and delegating tasks. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills to encourage others and develop rapport in a team environment Excels in accuracy and attention to detail to direct and train a cohesive staff in the successful attainment of objectives.
Skills : Self-Starter, Goal-oriented Strategist Whose Confidence.
- Designed and established Reading Intervention Program for Middle School.
- Tested individual students in sixth through eighth grades to determine reading difficulties and prepared strategies for intervention.
- Able to design a brand new program for a school that never had a reading and writing intervention program.
- Researched and selected the best tests to use with the students, given the situation.
- Selected and adapted materials to meet the needs of the students and the resources available.
- Skills Used Initiated, facilitated, and moderated classroom discussions.
- Prepared and delivered instruction and course materials to students.
- Evaluated and graded students class work, assignments, and papers.
PhD In Learning
Reading Specialist I Resume
Summary : To provide students with as many opportunities for success as possible within a school year. Integrated technology, student based units, differentiation and a real world view of culture and community. Students must feel empowered, confident and successful in their education with the skills.
Skills : Remedial Reading, Assessment specialist.
- Assists with the administration of state reading tests.
- Confers with the principal on the needs of the reading program.
- Acts as a resource teacher in reading to regular classroom teachers by assisting them in organizing their reading program, selecting materials, suggesting teaching techniques and relating their instructional program to the special needs of students.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Screens students to establish proper reading level placement.
- Provides diagnostic, prescriptive and evaluative services for identified students.
- Assists with the administration of state tests.
Master Of Education
Reading Specialist II Resume
Summary : Experience as an English/grammar and reading teacher, reporter, and as an Assistant Club Manager at Scholastic.
Skills : Dyslexia Specialist.
- Used testing to identify student's reading levels and specific struggles.
- Planned remediation programs for small-group struggling readers.
- Provided teachers with baseline data collected on each student.
- Evaluated and interpreted student's progress in remediation and provided data to teacher.
- Provided school-wide presentation on teaching inferential thinking.
- Kept close communication with parents sending home weekly progress their child made.
- Implemented a school-wide reading incentive program, Challenge had classes competing with one another to have the most books read in a month.
- Organized the school's first school-wide Reading Fair.
M.A. In Psychology
Reading Specialist III Resume
Summary : Emphasize the importance of a social studies, special education, and/or reading curriculum at the secondary level to help prepare students to become effective and productive citizens in our society.
Skills : Currently teach preschool music as church volunteer.
- Provide general guidance to teachers and administrators as they select and implement reading programs across grade levels.
- Provide intervention to improve student literacy by offering reading instruction to children in the Response To Intervention program.
- Promote the general literacy skills reading, writing, listening and speaking campus -wide.
- Provide resources and materials to classroom teachers.
- Attend district level meetings as a dyslexia committee member.
- Administer a battery of tests when identifying students with dyslexia.
- Designed and facilitated a language arts program through the implementation of reading and writing workshops.
Masters Of Education
Reading Specialist/Advisor Resume
Summary : Enthusiastic and committed Reading Specialist with exemplary communication skills demonstrated by 10 years of experience in reading and support services. Hands-on experience facilitating reading and writing-intensive courses; specializes in managing students and maximizing learning opportunities in diverse classroom settings.
Skills : Educator, Instructor.
- Aligned lesson plans with the new Common Core to make sure student growth is achieved.
- Collaborated with the whole staff to make certain standards are being met and growth is achieved.
- Worked with small group and individual students to ensure growth.
- Delivered professional development to teachers in order for them to stay abreast of developing research.
- Trained and assisted colleagues with new and emerging technology to utilize in the classroom.
- Served as specialist on School Improvement Team Reading 3D coordinator and facilitator BURST facilitator and trainer.
- Member of the instructional leadership team.
Reading Specialist Resume
Summary : To provide each student with the tools that they need to succeed during their educational career and life. License Early Elementary Educator license with reading endorsement. Generalist Endorsement for 4th and 5th grade. Reading Endorsement, Kindergarten-12th grade. Licensed Social Worker.
Skills : Educational Assistat, Teacher.
- Provided small group reading instruction for second and third grade students.
- Collaborated with classroom teachers to meet the needs of at-risk students.
- Planned and implemented lesson plans using a computer based programs for at-risk students.
- Administered NC EOG, Achievement Test and the Colgate to third grade students.
- Maintained records, attendance and reports for students receiving services in Title 1 Reading.
- Participated in and planned school events.
- Utilized the Jostens Computer Program as a part of the learning experience.
Master's In Education