Research Associate Resume
Summary : More than 17 years of experience in studying the molecular and genetic mechanism of plant-pathogen interactions in the Department of Plant Pathology of Cornell University as a Research Associate. Profound background knowledge in molecular biology, cellular biology, immunology, microbiology, plant & microbial genetics, plant pathology, and bioinformatics.
Skills : Research And Development, Microsoft Office Suite, Design Of Experiments, Project Management, Molecular Cloning Techniques: RNA And DNA Isolation, DNA-Mediated Transformation, Plasmid Amplification, and Purification.
- Determination of the molecular and genetic mechanism of Agrobacterium VITIS-plant interactions the goals of this project, in general, are to reveal the molecular and biochemical mechanism of Agrobacterium VITIS-plant interactions.
- The specific objectives are identification and characterization of - the genes in a.
- Vitis involved in the induction of grape-specific necrosis, hypersensitive response (hr) in non-host plants such as tobacco; and - the genes in the non-tumorigenic strain (f2/5) of a.
- One locus contains a non-ribosomal peptide synthetase (NRPS) gene (f-avi3342) and another locus includes a polyketide synthase (PKS) gene (f-avi4330) and an aminotransferase gene (f-avi4329).
- Regulation of f-avi3342 and f-avi4330 by three LUXR-type and one LYSR-type transcription regulators was determined.
- The gene (f-avi5813) encoding Phosphopantetheinyl transferase (PPTASE) which is required for activation of NRPS and PKS was also characterized.
- Determined effect of PKS and NRPS genes in the non-tumorigenic strain (f2/5) on grape tumor inhibition (GTI).
- Two NRPS genes (f-avi3342 and f-avi5730) and one PKS gene (f-avi4330) in strain f2/5 were found to be required for GTI.
- A gene cluster including f-avi5730 is homologous to the locus of VICIBACTIN (siderophore) biosynthesis in Rhizobium spp.
- Mutagenesis analysis indicated only f-avi5730 within this gene cluster affected GTI.
- Vitis f2/5 mutants: f-avi5813 (PPTASE), f-avi4329 (aminotransferase) and f-avi0838 (RIRA). These three mutants possess grape necrosis minus and GTI positive phenotypes.
Research Associate I Resume
Summary : A Research Associate with strong background, knowledge & experience in instrumentation physics, electronics, and software development. Over 7+ years of experience in developing and implementing data acquisition and automated test systems primarily in Labview.
Skills : Real-Time, Oscilloscopes, Impedance Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Lock-in Amps, Signal Generators, PID Temperature Controllers, Current Sources, and Voltmeters.
- Dual fuel gas/diesel drilling pilot study (Chevron's Canadian business unit) design & develop a real-time remote emission monitoring, data logging and broadcasting (TCP server/client) system for dual fuel gas/diesel engines used in oil and gas drilling sites.
- Instruments: FTIR, soot sensor, NOx sensor, weather station, solenoid valve, flow meters, vacuum & air pumps, thermocouples.
- Designing p&id for the class -I division ii explosion-proof instrument and valve enclosures (AutoCAD-2d).
- Designing a circuit board for Sbrio 9636 (function design, schematic, PCB layout, and routing).
- Installing and configuring Apache HTTP server 2. 0 on Linux server (amazon web service-cloud).
- Mobile monitoring of volatile organic compounds in the eagle ford shale design and develop software for a real-time data broadcasting mobile lab with an air quality (VOC) monitoring system including e-mail and phone alert (for emissions monitoring at oil & gas production facilities).
- Installing and configuring Apache HTTP server 2. 0 on Linux server (amazon web service-cloud).
- Operating, maintaining and calibrating the proton transfer reaction-mass spectrometer (ptr-ms) and other metrological instruments.
Research Associate Lead Resume
Summary : 11+ years of experience as an accomplished Biotechnology graduate with expertise in Molecular biology, Biochemical assays, Bioinformatics, Analytical techniques, and Protein chemistry including protein expression, purification and characterization studies. Well Versed in analytical instruments and techniques. I have high motivation, innovative thinking, and independent problem-solving attitude.
Skills : MS Office (Word, Excel, Power-point), Molecular Graphics, C-programming, Data Structure, LIMS C++ Programming Lab: QPCR, Virus Titer, Immunofluorescence Chemistry, Immunoprecipitation, Circular Dichroism, Column Chromatography, HPLC, FPLC, SDS -PAGE, TLC, Silver Staining, Isoelectric Focusing, Western Blot, Baculovirus Expression, Mammalian Expression, and Southern Blot.
- Working as a biochemist and mostly focused on protein chemistry and protein interaction studies.
- Working on DNA damage repair proteins (parp), helicases (RHA, ddx3) and oncogenic intrinsically disordered proteins (EWS-fli1, SYT-SSX, ezrin) for developing small molecule inhibitors specific to Ewing's sarcoma.
- We have to do different cell-based studies for finding the role of protein-protein and protein-nucleic acid interactions in Ewing's sarcoma and try to find out the mechanism by which our potential drug is working.
- To validate these protein interactions studies, I have to purify these proteins in different expression system and do the biochemical assays.
- Baculovirus expression system lentiviral and retroviral system bacterial cell expression and purification mammalian cell culture and hybridoma cells LIMS, microarray and sequencing data analysis AKTA, biotech, Tecan, Hamilton, PerkinElmer, Roche and Eppendorf systems siRNA and shRNA studies chromatin immuno-precipitation and RNA immuno-precipitation immuno-fluorescence chemistry, immuno-histochemistry and luciferase assays PCR, qPCR, thermal shift assay ic50 and drug synergy studies.
- Soft agar assays and miRNA studies fluorescence polarization, fluorescence assays, and alpha screen.
- Gel shift assays, immunoassays, and immuno-precipitation insect cells expression, virus production and purification plaque assay, TCID-50, virus titer and m. O. I calculation intrinsically disordered proteins (IDP) expression, purification and stability studies monoclonal and polyclonal antibody purification recombinant protein and antibody formulation studies.
- Viral particle titration and clearance protein complex separation from mammalian cells.
- Elisa and BIAcore assays for protein-protein interactions study real-time enzyme kinetics and biochemical assays helicase, ATPase, and isothermal titration assays gel-based assays for native and phosphorylated proteins.
- Circular dichroism, optimizing protein for crystallization and NMR studies inclusion body and soluble protein purification membrane protein purification and detergent screening protein solubilization and stability studies HPLC, ion-exchange chromatography, affinity, size- exclusion and purification by AKTA system iso-electric focusing, silver staining, SDS-page and western blot analysis gateway, bacmid and plasmid cloning participating in journal clubs and presenting data in lab meetings studying protein pathway and its effect in animal model mouse genotyping maintaining GLP and cGMP practices.
Clinical Research Associate Resume
Summary : I am currently working as a Research Associate with 8+ years of experience, for the Complex Energy Systems research group at the Austrian Institute of Technology, while concurrently pursuing a doctoral degree in electrical engineering from Technical University Vienna, Austria. I have worked as a part of multi-dimensional teams, with stiff targets and rigid timelines, as a norm. I look forward to applying the technical skills I have acquired to your company's benefit as well as expand my personal and professional growth.
Skills : Power System Modeling and Simulation, Substation Design, Research, Technical Writing, Python, Matlab, Power Simulation Tools - Digsilent Powerfactory, EMTP-RV, ETAP 7.1, and Visual Studio.
- Part of project green grid a European commission fp7 collaboration focusing on increasing hosting capacity of distributed energy resources (DER).
- Responsible for investigating the possibility of using state estimator in the distribution network and study the impact of DER on state estimation and ways to reduce estimation errors.
- Developing a model for continuous control of aggregated thermostatically controlled loads [TCLS].
- Further investigating the possibility of using TCLS as frequency reserves, thus reducing reserve associated costs for a transmission system operator.
- Currently experimenting with the possibility of providing frequency regulation along with other ancillary services like voltage regulation using demand response.
- Proposing a multi-objective optimal reactive power dispatch scheme focusing on reducing network losses while also improving the voltage profile of the distribution network.
- Proposing a method for quantifying unfairness in active power curtailment of rooftop PV systems.
- Developing a sensitivity based coordination based algorithm for active power curtailment in low voltage residential network.
- Developing software tools used for coupling dig silent power factory and Matlab.
- The tool has been used in the dg- EV-HIL project and proved to be a beneficial research tool for a number of my colleagues.
Sr. Research Associate Resume
Headline : For the last 7 years, I had worked in clinical research as a Research Associate through different clinical trials and state and federally funded grants. I had overseen all scientific and day-to-day operations (e.g., recruitment, enrollment, scheduling, training of personnel, audits, data entry, submission of IRB documents, etc.) as well as conducted therapeutic interventions (e.g., cognitive rehabilitation) and performed neuropsychological testing for a wide variety of clinical trials.
Skills : Bilingual (English & Spanish), Microsoft Office, Excel, Origin, Photoshop, Sigma plus, Molecular Cloning Techniques: RNA and DNA Isolation, DNA-mediated Transformation, and Plasmid.
- Oversee all scientific and day-to-day operations of the Doctor.
- Cog-ex study: assist in recruitment, enrollment, provide therapeutic intervention, & supervision of administration and scoring of testing and therapeutic interventions, conduct screenings.
- ADRC: neuropsychological component - testing, training (6-8 weeks), & supervision of administration and scoring.
- Loewenstein on the preparation and submission of all research protocols to the different institutions (UM & MSMC) to obtain approval from their respective IRB boards.
- Oversee internal audit of consent forms and neuropsychological data, data entry and coding, scheduling of patients, and modification, preparation, and/or implementation of new forms for the numerous research projects.
- Conduct training / re-training at the state level to prevent reliability drift from psychometrists on the ADRC project.
- Provide training and maintaining quality control for all psychometrists working on the numerous funded research projects.
- Provide training and maintaining quality control for all practicum students working on the numerous research projects and/or clinical consults.
- Conduct training, supervision, and feedback in the administration scoring, and report writing for all practicum students.
- Complete all administrative paperwork (e.g., agreements, student evaluations) needed by the educational institution for practicum students to be able to complete practicum hours in the laboratory.
Project Manager And Research Associate Resume
Summary : To make your office run smoothly. With over 22 years of administrative support and customer service experience as a Research Associate, I can confidently meet and exceed the requirements. I have an excellent record of exceeding expectations, timeliness of reports, quality of service, and increasing revenue. I am a detail orientated problem solver who likes to take initiative to keep the workplace running smoothly and efficiently.
Skills : 10-Key By Touch, Data Entry, Customer Service, Switchboard Operator, Proficient In Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, Knowledgeable In UA ISIS, UA BASIS, QuickBooks, & Adobe Acrobat.
- Conducting research on various pre-k programs, compile data, create programs, create reports, and assist in grant writing.
- Providing various forms of technical support to public school teachers and administrators via telephone and email.
- Communicating on a daily basis with clients and staff to diagnose user problems with online systems and data.
- Leading liaison between the Arkansas Department of education and norms on various projects including ESEA accountability, AYP reports, and school report cards.
- Attention to detail and careful handling of confidential information is a must.
- Coordinating and presenting data usage workshops for public school administrators statewide; including scheduling, printing handouts, maintaining/updating presentations.
- Coordinating people and resources to meet the deadlines of each project while staying within budget.
- Responsible for writing budgets and budget reconciliation for each project.
- Administrative support supervisor performing general administrative duties; including supervising hourly and ga positions, provide customer service to internal and external clients, maintain budgets for various grants, monitor purchases, new hires/resignations, and organize/maintain a filing system for confidential materials.
- Accustom to the University of Arkansas policies, travel procedures, ISIS, and basis.
Analyst/Research Associate Resume
Summary : 11+ years of experience as a Research Associate. Looking to find a position that will be both challenging and rewarding profession and that will allow me the opportunity to interact with others in a mutually rewarding fashion.
Skills : Media and tissue culture preparation, QTL Analysis, Plant Identification, UNIX Operating Systems, Environmental Health, and Safety R/QTL, and J/QTL Computer Software.
- Managing embryo rescue projects using protected growing environments to establish a 4+ cycle operation, including overseeing er activities from excision to harvest.
- Executing assigned conversion projects independently including nursery writing, planting, trait screening, sampling, pollinating, harvesting, shelling, and shipping.
- Managing employee & tasks, including documenting and training 3rd party workers and Syngenta staff.
- Communicating 3rd party and peak labor demands & translated lab data from Elisa, zygosity, and marker analyses into selection decisions in trials.
- Capturing field data in electronic and physical records to ensure the trait selection process is tracked from cycle to cycle.
- Assisting in the physical and electronic management of seed inventory of assigned projects.
- Understand and fully complying with trait stewardship policies and processes.
- Understand site work instructions and protocols pertaining to trait conversion function.
- Continuously assessing agronomically and plant health conditions of trial material, and promptly document and report any issues requiring action and follow-up with relevant functions.
- Managing experimental design and execution, data analysis, and complex scientific troubleshooting.
Research Associate/Adjuster Resume
Summary : 9+ years of experience as a Research Associate. Looking to work for an organization where I can best utilize my skills to help the organization meet its goals.
Skills : Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Business Process Management, Policies, Business Requirements and Compliance With State Rules and Regulations. Project Integration Management Budget & Management Analysis Defining, Planning, Execution, and Close Of Projects Texas, and Licensed Realtor.
- As a member of the provost office team, I am working to implement the agenda campus-wide related to the starfish project.
- Working with other departments and consulted in various aspects of higher education management.
- Creating a project timeline and planned out project tasks, assigned dates, personnel and outlined specific actions to be taken for groundbreaking pilot implementation.
- Identifying resources on campus with various expertise to get information in order to generate data reports and incorporated knowledge about database management and extraction techniques in order to create a data-dictionary.
- Providing support and expertise about data to other departments and collected information.
- Summarizing information for various evaluation projects, managed and maintained large data sets and generated summary reports and statistical measures.
- Drafting data requests and extracted information on various populations/cohorts.
- Mining for data and generated cross tabulations, summaries, and drafted memos about items of interest to high-level managers.
- Overseeing data entry and update databases for numerous projects.
- Collaborating with grant and scientific submissions, translations of tests, and creation of testing forms on ongoing bases, when the need arises;
Research Associate III Resume
Summary : 15+ years of experience as a Research Associate. Expertise in method development and quality control of drug formulations and cosmetics. Experience in vitro drug release, stability and biocompatibility studies according to approved protocols.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Chem. Draw, Sci Finder, EndNote. Chromatography and Spectroscopy Data Acquisition Systems, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Advisor: Serguei Vinogradov field of endeavor: sustained release oral nanoformulation development, drug release, and stability studies, cell culture assays key accomplishments: fabricated nanoformulations to deliver nucleoside analogs for drug-resistant tumors and antiviral diseases.
- Conducting stability studies, in vitro drug release and pharmacokinetic studies for sustained release formulations.
- Planning and executing scale-up synthesis and delivered gram quantities of formulations for preclinical studies.
- Designing analytical methods to quantify active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Developing cell culture-based assays to evaluate tumor growth inhibition and survival by MTS cell viability assay.
- Determining in vivo biodistribution of nanoparticles after intravenous and oral-gavage administration in mice.
- Conducting preventative maintenance and calibration of laboratory instruments.
- Summarizing complex synthetic protocols into simple language documents and shared with laboratory scientists.
- Assisting in researching, identifying, and inviting speakers to meetings and workshops.
- Creating and distribute a bi-monthly newsletter with select literature and events for forum members, workshop participants, and other applicable groups.
Research Associate Resume
Summary : 7+ years of experience as a Research Associate. Scientific and detail-oriented work interest me the most, I find myself extremely interested in my current field, even after business hours. When confronted with a new, unfamiliar subject, I have found that I am quick to adapt and learn everything I can. I even read about new technologies of every kind in the news and wonder to myself, could I use this with our products. These facts are why I desire Research and Development to be the career of my future.
Skills : Reservoir Modeling, Reservoir Simulation, EOR, CO2 EOR, CO2 Sequestration, Data Mining, MS Office Suite, Data Driven Modeling, and Artificial Intelligence.
- Research and develop refractory materials for aluminum, steel, cement, and other industries.
- Managing multiple projects at once while coordinating priorities and deadlines with the director of r&d and lab technician.
- Providing support to the sales personnel and production personnel which includes technical data, formula information, product recommendations, and failure analysis.
- Managing and organizing past, current, and future technical data, product formulas, and testing procedures.
- Organizing product trials at the Fremont production plant and at customer locations around the nation.
- Participating in an annual sales team meeting for each major industry to present new products and other accomplishments.
- Accomplishments - developing a new shotcrete product line with the director of the r&d's direction - developed new Trowelable material - developed new premium product line for high abrasion resistance and strength at moderate temperatures, gemstone - developed the next generation of SIFCA - designed excel spreadsheet to calculate particle size distribution, chemistry, and cost from raw materials.
- Creating video demonstrations of new products for marketing - performed extensive research and testing on various alloys and shapes of wire fibers to develop an application understanding of where to use different types of fibers skills used - design of experiments - project management - technical writing - presentation - laboratory testing (ASTM and custom tests) - Microsoft office (word, excel, access, power point).
- Administering surveys and other research protocol instruments to participants.
- Responsible for all aspects of data collection and upkeep following a strict protocol.