Resident Advocate Resume
Summary : A Career opportunity in Contracts, Procurement Management, Program & Management Analysis and/or Security Services. The opportunity to gain employment with an agency where experience will be valued as an asset.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Maintains and provides a safe, clean, and supportive community to help stabilize the homeless residents by promoting self-worth, providing linkages to community resources, and encouraging personal responsibility.
- Completes daily intake of clients.
- Makes referrals for clients in crisis.
- Promotes and explains CAN's services and assists clients in solving their crisis.
- Maintains supply of all documents for program i.e. reports, brochures, fliers.
- Maintains security by following procedures and monitoring logbooks.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phones and console operation.
Sr. Resident Advocate Resume
Summary : To obtain employment with a company who allow opportunities to learn and advance from within, while using proven customer service skills, problem solving techniques, and relevant education.
Skills : Resident Advocate, Crisis Line Coordinator, Medical Transcriber.
- Assisted clients with personal needs.
- Stocked food and paper products in designated areas.
- Prepared and served meals as needed.
- Sorted incoming and outgoing donations.
- Ensured the security and safety of the shelter and its residents, and handling crisis situations.
- Performed necessary shelter operations, including client intakes, maintaining a shift log, etc.
- Maintained the cleanliness of the shelter by doing housework and monitoring clients' chores.
- Attended regular staff meetings.
Diploma In Medical
Jr. Resident Advocate Resume
Summary : To utilize ability to work as a team member within your organization by using effective communication, time management, prioritizing projects, organizational skills and positive mental attitude to reach the business goals.
Skills : Volunteer Hospitality Food Coordinator, Event Specialist-Prepare.
- Responded to crisis line calls Provide crisis intervention to crisis line clients and shelter residence Dispatch forensic nurses and advocates too.
- Responsible for the security of the shelter, supervision of the facility.
- Maintained discipline in the facility ensures that residents are secure in the facility Performs routine inspections, bed checks and monitors the flow.
- Provided emotional support Helped victims with safety planning Helped victims find shelter Helped transport clients to appointments and run errands.
- Monitored front desk and entrance Make Building and outside rounds to assure safety.
- Made sure clients are taking care of hygiene, dressed well, assure they had breakfast before work, assure they have everything needed for the day.
- Responsible for assisting families and residents with public aid.
Resident Advocate III Resume
Objective : Looking for an opportunity to show Resident Advocate skills and administrative skills to excell in any position. If there is a chance in any company for growth then that is an opportunity for to excell to greatest potential.
Skills : Microsoft, Excel, Convergys Software, Powerpoint.
- Responsible for keeping track of completion of entry paperwork, needs and goal assessment, explanation of house guidelines and programs to clients.
- Ensured that clients are receiving appropriate services, peer counseling, information, and referrals.
- Completed exit processes from emergency shelters with residential clients.
- Managed the daily activities of emergency shelter by assigning chores, supervising chores, ensuring that community living guidelines, rules, and policies are adhered to by residents.
- Assisted with cleaning facilities as needed.
- Served as a mediator to assist residents with conflict resolution skills.
- Assisted residents with food services such as preparation and serving of meals as needed.
- Oversaw the safety, security, and general welfare of residents and facility during my shift.
- Responsible for answering 24-hour hotline in order to provide telephone assessments/service eligibility, crisis intervention, peer counseling, and information and referral.
AA In Human Services
Resident Advocate II Resume
Objective : To build a career that offers challenge and growth with opportunities to enrich knowledge and skills while contributing best to the organization. Technical Skills/Proficiencies Scheduling Appointments, Answering Multi Line Phones, Faxing, Ordering, Filing.
Skills : Legal Research, Volunteer Recruitment and Management, Project Planning.
- Recorded resident's behavioral concerns and serious resident or shelter occurrences.
- Greeted guest, complete required documentation, data entry.
- Signed residents in and out of the shelter.
- Performed random Drug/Alcohol tests on residents.
- Ensured shelter residents comply with shelter schedules (i.e meals and chores).
- Worked with other agencies regarding Clients that are in need of Jobs, Homes, and food.
- Improved their lives by reaching out to other agencies in order for them to succeed.
GED In General
Resident Advocate I Resume
Headline : Currently employed with hope network as a residential home supervisor. Recently employed with children's Services, a non-profit foster care agency that provided support and services to families.
Skills : Customer Service, Manufacturing, Sanitation, Patient Care.
- Collaborated with families, residents, hospital discharge planners, and other agencies to arrange for new resident admissions.
- Assisted residents and their families with coping and adjustment to disabilities and nursing home stay.
- Advocated for residents and their families to resolve crises.
- Encouraged open communication of resident and family's desires to ensure satisfaction with nursing home stay.
- Referred residents and their families to community resources as needed.
- Planned discharge from care facility to home or other care facility.
- Modified treatment plans to comply with changes in residents' status.
- Monitored and recorded resident's progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan.
Resident Advocate/Associate Resume
Summary : Experienced in event planning, volunteer recruitment and management, and legal research and writing. Skilled at collaborating and coordinating with various non-profit and governmental agencies, as well as interviewing clients and recording information.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Scanner, Dms System, Windows Xp.
- Provided assistance, counseling, and overall care for the daily, living needs of women and children who have been victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
- Mastered all administrative functions such as managing faxes, emails, client files, state documentation paperwork, phone calls, donations, client inquiries, and ensuring all office supplies were available.
- Scheduled transportation of clients as well as their legal and psychiatric appointments.
- Conducted intake and exit evaluations by preparing detailed reports of medical and personal history.
- Updated client charts daily to guarantee the accuracy of care and client records; made certain that confidential information of residents and their families was always preserved.
- Coordinated with other advocates to ensure safe, quality service was provided and all client issues and housing requests were taken care of.
- Invoked trust and respect with clients and established both open group and private discussions.
Bachelor Of Science
Resident Advocate/Assistant Resume
Summary : To obtain a professional Resident Advocate position which can maximize skills, experience, and training, in an administrative work environment. knowledge of current training practices, and a clear vision to accomplish organization and team goals.
Skills : American Sign Language, HIPAA Training, Certified Application.
- Provided case management support for survivors of domestic violence by building partnerships with other agencies to assist with the needs of the residents being served within the program.
- Conducted intakes and assessments with potential residents.
- Provided concrete resources, information, and referrals to residents.
- Conducted needs assessments with each woman and her children to determine the priority of needs.
- Conducted weekly meetings, or as often as needed, with each family to ensure that they are receiving the appropriate levels of support.
- Conducted outreach to housing/homeless programs to improve access for survivors.
- Assisted residents with creating budgets and financial plans.
Dipolma In Medical
Resident Advocate/Advisor Resume
Headline : A position in a progressive community service oriented organization which will utilize knowledge and experience and enable to help people by providing an avenue for additional supportive services that will enhance the quality of life for others.
Skills : Great People, Customer Service And Customer Satisfaction, Computer Literate, Type 50 Wpm.
- Consulted with clients and provide support and assistance to residents of the shelter.
- Advised residents of rules and chore responsibility.
- Ensured safety of the shelter.
- Responded to a 24-hour crisis hotline.
- Managed advocate chores related to shelter upkeep.
- Completed documentation and reports of what happened during shift.
- Ensured confidentiality and established trust with clients.
Bachelor Of Business
Resident Advocate Resume
Objective : More than fifteen years of progressive experience in the not-for-profit sector coupled with a background in human resource management. Over ten years of program management and supervision experience with proven ability in positively motivating and leading teams.
Skills : Anatomy & Physiology knowledge, trained in registration & phlebotomy.
- Managed day to day activities of shelter residents.
- Handled inbound calls on a crisis hotline.
- Responsible for intake paperwork and procedures.
- Maintained a safe and consistent environment for women and children living in a shelter.
- Helped women and children escape violent living situations and provided them with skills and support services regardless of their decision to stay at shelter or return to their homes.
- Provided needs assessment and service plans.
- Facilitated conflict resolution between residents and provide mediation.
Bachelor's In Social Work