Histology Technician III Resume
Headline : Continuous improvement minded, servant-leader, looking to obtain real world experience in industry, building on coursework.
Skills : Copath Information system.
- Invented novel staining and processing techniques for prototype and pre-clinical animal studies in a think-tank environment.
- Helped maintain, calibrate, and provide training for laboratory equipment (centrifuges, -80 freezers, saw microtome's, fume hoods, grossing stations, analytical balances, and microscopes).
- Built a specialized, competitive understanding of embedding and staining plastics and medical device alloys.
- Helped develop more stringent company procedures for biohazardous and hazardous waste safety and disposal practices.
- Provided scheduling and built relationships with vendors for laboratory consumables, training, vendors, suppliers, and instrument maintenance.
- Maintained pathology billing and upheld first-line communication with a growing team of pathologists.
- Organized and orchestrated a two-day informational and technology meeting to introduce slide imaging and digital pathology software to executives, scientists, and computer engineers.
Histology Technician II Resume
Objective : To obtain a position where can contribute the best of skills and efforts for the growth of the organization.
Skills : Development, Molecular histology techniques, Routine histology.
- Process microscopic slides at all phases, including, H&E staining, microtonomy, embedding, cover slipping, and frozen sectioning to prepare specimens for diagnosis by Pathologists.
- Cut and stain frozen sections or diagnostic surgical specimens using a cryostat microtome.
- Assist in the Gross Room including grossing specimens and assuring each specimen is properly prepared for processing tissue.
- Prepared slides for immunohistochemical stains Complete tissue intake, which includes properly labeling each specimen and assuring each specimen is properly prepared for processing.
- File blocks and slides to ensure all cases can be found when needed Maintain inventory and order supplies as need to keep the lab adequately stocked.
- Follow all safety policies to clean the gross room and dispose of biohazardous waste.
- Perform additional responsibilities incidental to Histology Laboratory activities.
Histology Technician I Resume
Objective : Seeking a position to utilize various skills and experiences to expand knowledge and benefit employer.
Skills : Class A CDL With Hazmat And Tanker, National Crain Certification For Knuckle Boom.
- Analyze laboratory findings to check the accuracy of the results.
- Set up, clean, and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Enter data from analysis of medical tests and clinical results into computer for storage.
- Operate, calibrate and maintain equipment used in quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as spectrophotometers, calorimeters, flame photometers, and computer-controlled analyzers.
- Establish and monitor quality assurance programs and activities to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results.
- Conduct chemical analysis of body fluids, including blood, urine, and spinal fluid, to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
- Develop, standardize, evaluate, and modify procedures, techniques and tests used in the analysis of specimens and in medical laboratory experiments.
- Analyze samples of biological material for chemical content or reaction.
Class A CDL
Histology Technician/Supervisor Resume
Objective : Efficient and productive Histology Technician well-rounded in test execution and analysis, including hematology urinalysis, serology, histology and bacteriology. Enjoys aiding physicians in accurate disease diagnoses.
Skills : Laboratory Skills, Microsoft Office, Scientific Writing, Animal Handling, Research, Dairy Science, Histology.
- Recorded and reported test results according to established procedures.
- Performed highly complex tests on clinical specimens for diagnostic purposes.
- Recorded known control values from technical instruments to ensure reliability and accuracy in test results reporting.
- Expertly procured and processed an average of 1200+ specimens per month.
- Performed various motor function and cognitive function tests, molecular biology experiments and tissue analysis.
- Developed and maintained positive customer relationships through effective communication.
- Correctly prepared laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for tests, research, process or quality control.
- Isolated, identified, typed and grouped bacteria and fungi present in bodily fluids, autopsies, skin scrapings, and surgical specimens.
Histology Technician/Coordinator Resume
Objective : ASCP Certified Histology Technician with 5 years of histology training and experience seeking a new role to continue professional development while utilizing skills to make an immediate contribution to a new organization.
Skills : Histology, MS Office, Excel.
- Responsible for preparing slides for a multi-provider, gastroenterology surgery center, and practice.
- Accession specimen and enter patient data in the APEasy histology program.
- Gross, process, embed, cut, and stain specimen in a timely manner.
- Work closely with pathologists to resolve quality control, patient, or procedural problems.
- Maintains appropriate quality controls and ensures the department is operating in accordance with all standards set forth by CAP, OSHA, CLIA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Assisted in obtaining initial CAP certification for the laboratory.
- Organized a workplace safety committee to obtain certification and a discount on the Workers' Compensation Premium.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of histology equipment.
Associates In Medical
Histology Technician I Resume
Objective : Versatile histotechnician with 17 years experience in both hospital and private lab settings. Accurate, and reliable, able to work with diversity of personalities, tissues and complex processes to satisfy the most exacting pathologist. Close attention to detail results in high quality work produced in timely fashion.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Office Equipment, Office Skills, Supervisory Skills, Customer Service.
- Prepare thin sections of tissue specimens, including fixing, clearing, infiltrating, embedding, sectioning, staining, and mounting.
- Prepare a variety of surgical specimens for the pathologist to render a diagnosis.
- Prepare and changes reagents in processing machines.
- Load and operates tissue processing machines.
- Cuts tissue and mounts on glass slides for routine H&E staining.
- Perform specimen accessioning into the laboratory information system and label blocks and slides with patient id information.
- Performs a wide variety of special procedures and special staining, and prepares tissue for immunohistochemistry stains.
- Maintain the immunohistochemistry machine and the special stainer machine.
Master's Of Science
Associate Histology Technician Resume
Summary : Driven and compassionate healthcare professional with fifteen years hands-on experience in fast-paced physician office and hospital environments. Accountable and responsible with a strong focus on patient wellness.
Skills : Histology, Veterinary.
- Perform routine histological procedures including trimming, processing, embedding, sectioning, routine and special staining.
- Process undecalcified hard tissue samples using the Exakt system.
- Work with clients to ensure their needs are met.
- Perform quality control review of the stained microslides and study paperwork.
- Maintain lab equipment including yearly and preventative maintenance.
- Work with lab director to maintain adequate inventory of lab supplies.
- Ensure work is completed on time and that it meets quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures (SOP's) and that all work is performed in compliance with FDA and Good Laboratory Practice regulations.
Histology Technician/Executive Resume
Summary : An interest in Histology Technician and molecular pathology. Proven ability to utilize inspiring leadership, personal drive, creative vision, and analytical skill to yield successful delivery of both team and individual goals, actively contributing to organizational growth.
Skills : Be Proactive And Prioritize Work Flow In An Effective Manner.
- Embedding and cutting tissue following all established protocols.
- Perform and troubleshoot special stains Cut special stain controls and perform stain quality check.
- Prepare and accession specimens for gross examination and cytological specimen preparation.
- Processing of cytology and histology specimens.
- Properly identify, label and assemble histology and cytology slide cases.
- Assembling H&E, IHC and special stains into complete cases.
- Prioritizes technical workload based on assignment or established priorities, responds effectively to changes in workflow adjusting to work volume.
- Cleans, disinfects, performs, and documents routine equipment and instrument per SOP.
Histology Technician/Analyst Resume
Headline : To obtain a position where skills to the best of ability in order to benefit patient care and aid in clinical diagnosis. To expand and challenge my personal capabilities and gain knowledge through experience and continuing education.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel.
- Microwave and traditional machine processing of human surgical tissue.
- Skilled in microtomy on manual rotary and semi-automated rotary microtomes.
- Proficient with preparation, staining, and light microscopy quality control of a wide variety of special stains and immunohistochemistry slides.
- Practice quality control, laboratory safety, maintenance logs, and other industry required documentation.
- Assisted with inventory management and ordering of supplies.
- Utilized troubleshooting skills constantly with all equipment and reagents in the laboratory.
- Trained in and performed chemical and waste collection and disposal.
BS In Biology
Lead Histology Technician Resume
Summary : To combine over 20 years of previous skills and experience with the opportunity for advancement and travel.
Skills : Grossing, Immunoperoxidase, Research.
- Lead Technician in charge of laboratory operations in the absence of the manager.
- Write training program and train new employees.
- Gross specimens, using proper markings and cutting, and dictate using proper terminology.
- Embed specimens, with special care for proper orientation and markings.
- Cut blocks on microtome at the proper angle and thickness.
- Clean and maintain microtome Stain slides for routine H&E.
- Clean, maintain and change solutions, maintain and troubleshoot stainer.
- Perform special stains, including microwave staining and immunoperoxidase, finding and assessing suitable controls.
Histology Technician Resume
Headline : Working as a Medial Assistant in an office setting, went on to work as a Phlebotomist, Cytology Preparatory Technician, then as a Histology Technician Registering patient specimens Filing Answering Phone Calls Scheduled Patients.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Prepare frozen section according to immunostain protocols.
- Responsible for quality control of Mohs surgery slides including cutting difficult cases.
- Routine histology and staining of frozen sections with toluidine blue stains.
- Responsible for the embedding and processing of tissue.
- Perform manual cover slipping of all slides.
- Responsible for maintenance and equipment logs.
- Responsible for maintaining and ordering of inventory adequate for the operation of the lab.
- Maintain a quality assurance and improvement plan for lab accreditation.
Bachelor Of Science