School Counselor Resume
Objective : Seeking a position to continue my work in mental health utilizing my skills and experience as a Social Worker.
Skills : Educator, Educational Planning, Career Development, Counseling.
- Provide individual and group counseling services to meet the developmental, preventative and remedial needs of students identified with learning disabilities in areas of sensory integration, processing and emotional impairments.
- Develop and implement life skill programs along with drug and alcohol, health and conflict resolution and social and emotional self esteem building techniques.
- Consult with students, parents, teachers and other school and community personnel to assist in meeting the needs of all students.
- Assist teachers with educational placement of students using appropriate educational assessment strategies such as Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and Student Study Teams (SST).
- Work closely with school psychologist, teachers and other resources necessary to meet the demands of an at-risk population.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with students, school personnel, parents, coworkers and outside public resources.
- Develop and organize sequence of activities in the community and school setting.
- Establish internships for students within the local and surrounding community while acting as an advocate in the best interest of the student.
Masters Of Social Work
Pre-School Counselor Resume
Objective : To obtain clinical counseling experience though a part time job with an outpatient agency. This opportunity would augment my School and Career counseling experience and aid in my growth as a Clinical Mental Health counselor.
Skills : Capable of identifying and utilizing the appropriate.
- Demonstrate multicultural, ethical and professional competencies in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the comprehensive school counseling program.
- Contribute to the development of the master schedule.
- Provide individual and group mental health counseling, meeting AB3632 requirements.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders (students, caregivers, support staff, teachers and administrators) to support the connection of students to school, adults, and other students within the school.
- Actively participate in individualized education plan meetings (IEPs), transition meetings, and parent/student/counselor meetings.
- Act as Administrator Designee at IEP meetings.
- Organize and supervise Peer Mentor program.
- Provide crisis intervention for individuals, groups & families.
Master Of Arts In School Counseling
School Counselor Intern Resume
Objective : Seeking opportunities to assist in the holistic development of young people, allowing for academic, individual, social, and personal advising/counsel in addition to aiding in college/career readiness; additionally seeking opportunities that would allow for professional growth in management, mentoring and leadership.
Skills : Mastery Of Microsoft Office Programs, Communication, Creative Thinking, Work Ethic, Teamwork, Networking, Decision Making, Positivity, Time Management, Motivation, Flexibility, Problem-solving, Critical Thinking And Conflict Resolution.
- Established the school counseling program and develops activities and resources to implement and evaluate the program.
- Provided individual and group counseling services to meet the developmental, preventive, and remedial needs of students Consulted with students, parents, teachers, and other school and community personnel to assist in meeting the needs of students.
- Coordinated all counseling services for students and assists with the coordination and implementation of student services in the school.
- Accurately interpreted test results and other student data.
- Adhered to ethical standards of the counseling profession, and abode by the laws, policies, and procedures that govern the schools.
- Successful anger management, social skills, and grief and loss group for students identified as needing emotional support and use of more appropriate coping skills.
- Organization and execution of school-wide day of kindness aimed to encourage a friendlier and more supportive school atmosphere.
- Identification of at-risk students and providing them with support for a more successful academic experience and personal growth.
Master Of Arts In Mental Health
High School Counselor Resume
Headline : I am a highly qualified professional looking for a position in human services/education. In my previous work/clinical experience I have acquired tremendous qualities to be successful in this profession. I believe it takes a special kind of person to be an effective counselor in an education environment. Showing empathy and compassion, but being practical can lead to a wonderful career. I am willing to take the necessary steps to services students/families.
Skills : Microsoft.
- Provided a variety of interventions for elementary and middle school students with emotional and learning disabilities, including individual and group therapy, crisis intervention, behavioral support, and wrap around services.
- Evaluated social/emotional functioning and develop Individual Education Plans to promote student learning.
- Utilized Professional Crisis Management (PCM) to de-escalate students in crisis and maintain safety.
- Utilized Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) to establish behavioral supports and school culture to help students achieve social, emotional, and academic success.
- Proactive use of behavior management that provided safe spaces for students to regulate their behavior.
- Conducted Functional Behavioral Assessments and developed Behavior Intervention Plans to target specific maladaptive behaviors.
- Counseled students in building internal controls in order to decrease the frequency, duration and intensity of aggressive/disruptive behavior.
- Collaborated with treatment team of teachers, therapeutic behavioral aides, psychiatrist, nurse, and outside providers to assess student strengths and needs.
Master Of Social Work In Clinical
School Counselor/Substitute Teacher Resume
Objective : Apply my skills in counseling, guidance techniques and conflict resolution strategies to provide and coordinate transitional services for the students, families, and teachers within the Georgia Department of Education.
Skills : EMDR, Presentations, Certified Yoga Instructor, Certified Meditation Teacher, Play Therapy, Sandtray, Individual and Group Counseling.
- Developed multicultural counseling skills working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Built strong relationships with students empowering them to succeed.
- Promoted healthy relationships with peers and provided a positive self-identity among students.
- Encouraged them to problem solve enlisting support as needed.
- Collaborate with family members and community members to build support for students.
- Utilize teamwork approaches with social workers, school psychologist, teachers and administrators to create opportunities for students to learn and thrive.
- Create and deliver classroom guidance lessons to grades 1-4.
- Guidance lessons include topics on empathy, character building, and relationship skills.
Masters In Counselor Education
After School Counselor Resume
Summary : Seeking opportunities to assist in the holistic development of young people, allowing for academic, individual, social, and personal advising/counsel in addition to aiding in college/career readiness; additionally seeking opportunities that would allow for professional growth in management, mentoring and leadership.
Skills : Microsoft Office, DASL, PowerSchool, Powerpoint, Outlook, Google Docs, Small Group Counseling, Large Group Counseling, Career Counseling.
- Assisted students in holistic development with academic, individual, social, and college/career advising or counsel.
- Established a trusting relationship with students and parents to nurture confidence in School Counseling process.
- Aided students in college and career readiness process, from course selection to interest inventories and career assessments.
- Assumed leadership responsibilities in the absence of School Counseling Department Chairperson.
- Attended professional development workshops to remain educated on industry changes, and updated on new best practices.
- Appointed as Senior Counselor; coordinated all college visits; partnered with Senior Administration and HCPS officials to assist in organization and preparation for graduation and senior year activities.
- Assisted in developing Master Schedule with data management system to determine course offerings and placements.
- Facilitated small group counseling to address needs of student population and participated in Focus Group as a County employee during the revamping of grading scale process.
Counseling For Students
Professional School Counselor Resume
Summary : My professional background includes over fourteen years of experience working in multiple aspects of education, with preschoolers up through high school seniors and everything in between, including my last position as the sole school counselor in a school with a population of 670+ students. Having worked with such a wide spectrum of students, I am certain that my expertise lies in helping students deal with stressful situations, social pressures, and academic/career concerns.
Skills : CareLogic.
- Organized and implemented best practices elementary guidance program.
- Provided individual and small group counseling for students.
- Provided prevention based interventions in classrooms for all students.
- Consulted and collaborated with school staff and parents.
- Crisis counseling for high school students.
- Facilitated parenting groups Member of Crisis Team - provided supportive counseling, information when fire resulted in death of two of our students to students, staff, parents, and community.
- Used variety of techniques including play therapy, bibliotherapy, surveys, guided imagery, relaxation.
Middle School Counselor Resume
Summary : Continue working to help improve the quality of life for others. Skills/Training Summary Licensed Professional School Counselor Former Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (Pending) Advanced Motivational Interviewing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training Service Definition Trainer Locus/Calocus Trainer Project Management Certificate Work History/Professional Experience School Counselor, Hoke County Schools, June 2013 - Present Develop and maintain a written plan for effective delivery of the school counseling program based on the NC Comprehensive School Counseling Standard Course of Study and current individual school data.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Keynote, Problem Solving, Work Well Under Pressure, Mental Health, Scheduling, Social Media Management, Advising.
- Designing individual student academic programs.
- Interpreting cognitive, aptitude and achievement tests.
- Counseling students with excessive tardiness or absenteeism.
- Counseling students with disciplinary problems.
- Counseling students about appropriate school dress.
- Ensuring student records are maintained in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Assisting the school principal with identifying and resolving student issues, needs and problems.
Masters In Counseling
School Counselor/Pre-School Teacher Resume
Summary : Highly skilled in interpersonal communication Effective in motivating and supporting coworkers Proficient in organizational and time management skills Adept at improvising in sudden changes of schedule Dependable Energetic Practical.
Skills : Communication Skills, Listening, Teaching, Computer Skills, Customer Service.
- Only Counselor responsible for a school of 550 students.
- Serve as an integral member of the school leadership team.
- Responsible for decision making regarding student and staff concerns in Administrators' absence.
- Consultation with parents, teachers, school administrators, and community agencies.
- Responsible for keeping large amounts of student records and information confidential.
- Serve as a marketing agent for our school.
- Our school is part of the Academy program.
- Give tours of the school and assist families with the Specialty program application process.
School Counselor II Resume
Summary : Dependable, accomplished, and highly motivated professional with experience in delivering instruction, evaluating performance, implementing plans, and managing multiple tasks simultaneously Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills Proven ability to flourish in high pressure and fast paced environments History of successful interaction and leadership within diverse groups Comfortable and effective with professionals at all levels.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Individual and Group Counseling Counseled numerous students in grades K through 5, using cognitive behavioral and person centered approaches to address academic performance and personal situations.
- Classroom Guidance Taught numerous classes on character development, importance of education, career awareness, bully prevention, and social skills School Teams Served as the coordinator for Intervention Support Team, which addressed the academic and behavioral needs of a selected group of students.
- Served as the Testing Coordinator for all state based end of grade assessments.
- Chaired the School Based Leadership Team for three consecutive years.
- Served as the coordinator for the 504 team.
- Chaired the Positive Behavior Intervention and Support Team.
- Participated in weekly professional learning communities.
- Participated in bi-weekly departmental meetings designed to ensure that students were receiving impactful support services.
School Counselor III Resume
Summary : Positive attitude, punctuality, leadership abilities, excellent communication skills and proficiency in meaningfully engaging consumers, are some of my characteristic traits which would allow me to be an asset to your organization.
Skills : Counseling, Customer Service, Secretarial.
- Elementary School, but are not limited to the following: Compile and interpret students' test results, along with information from teachers and parents, to diagnose conditions, and to help assess eligibility for special services.
- Provide consultation to parents, teachers, administrators, and others on topics such as learning styles and behavior modification techniques.
- Interpret test results and prepare psychological reports for teachers, administrators, and parents.
- Counsel children and families to help solve conflicts and problems in learning and adjustment.
- Maintain student records, including special education reports, confidential records, record of services provided, and behavioral data.
- Report any pertinent information to the proper authorities in cases of child abuse endangerment, neglect, or abuse.
- Assesses individual children needs, limitations, and potential, using observation, review of school records, and consultation with parents and school personnel.
- Promote an understanding of child development and its relationship to learning and behavior.
Master's In Education Administration
School Counselor Resume
Objective : CONSUMER SERVICE AND SALES REPRESENTATIVE Dynamic and engaging individual offering valuable experience with more than 3 years in customer service and sales. Prior experience as a bartender/server. Emphasize the fundamental role that customer service plays in the overall sales process. Well-developed persuasive and communication skills. Flexible scheduling availability that includes days, evenings, weekends and special events. Quick mastery of menu items, POS systems, and inventory.
Skills : Provisionally licensed therapist with experience working.
- Counsel individual students from 4K to 5th grade.
- Lead and facilitate group counseling weekly.
- Teach Social Emotional Learning Guidance lessons to Kindergarten through 5th grade students.
- Collaborate with school personal to meet the academic, personal, and social needs of the students.
- Respond to crisis with responsive services.
- Team member on numerous committees.
- Started and facilitate a club that meets weekly.
- Helped create a more positive work environment through a "Staff Shoutout" bulletin board.
MA In School Counseling