Tool Design Engineer Resume
Objective : Dedicated Catia V5 Product Design Engineer with hands-on experience performing the full cycle of product design from concept to production and assembly in parametric software. Possesses excellent technical, analytical and communication skills.
Skills : Catia, Solidworks, Autocad, CFD.
- Designed parametric models of aerospace tooling equipment in Catia V5 per customer data set.
- Performed surfacing work for parts and assemblies.
- Generated solid models from sketch drafting for various components as needed.
- Ran model integrity checks prior to tooling release to ensure closed surfaces.
- Made changes to CAD data as needed for manufacturing.
- Provided 3D models and 2D drawings for customer approval and build.
- Generated component and assembly prints for internal and external release.
- Created Bill of Material for ordering of the material.
- Converted study files and finished data from CATIA into IGES, STEP and release for FTP upload.
Sr. Tool Design Engineer Resume
Summary : Diverse skill-set from a wide range of experience. Looking for an interesting, hands-on position with great people where can be a contributing team member and continue to learn and grow. Demonstrated by 6 years of aerospace tool design experience.
Skills : CATIA V5, Enovia PLM, Product Design, Tool Design.
- Managed sophisticated, custom tooling for use in every aspect of site operations and production.
- Collaborated, designed, purchased, fabricated, assembling, testing, calibrating, and documenting many different tools at a time.
- Designed and constructed a modular, plug-and- play gas distribution and control system for use in functional testing.
- Made repairs to hotel air conditioning system: change filters, clean coils, replace motors.
- Performed preventive maintenance on all equipment (i.e. boilers, chillers, HVAC-Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, electrical, etc.).
- Took required readings on equipment.
- Tested cooling tower and record readings.
- Replaced and programmed televisions as needed.
Jr. Tool Design Engineer Resume
Objective : Responsible for insuring that the property is maintained in the best possible condition at all times with the least amount of inconvenience to customers.
Skills : Manufacturing Engineering, Business Development, Product Development, Training.
- Designed cutting tools, fixtures, gauges, mills and complete Bill of Materials using AutoCad 2D and Catia V5 3D software.
- Provided design modification on existing tooling to incorporate lean manufacturing practices, which improved productivity and reduced tooling cost.
- Identified vendors for manufacturing tooling and compare cost summaries.
- Wrote manufacturing processes and procedures for using cutting tools.
- Created Poras requisitions for purchasing tools and equipment.
- Assisted in the re-design of the Impulse Turbine Blading Machine.
- Led the project management team in the making of ITB rotors Provide process definitions, documentation and support for new product start-up programs.
- Proofed new machines for acceptance Write project proposals for tooling and equipment.
- Evaluated root cause analysis.
Tool Design Engineer I Resume
Objective : As a self- motivated, energetic, mature individual bring a strong work ethic that others will appreciate. Past experience in the insurance industry lends well to computer skills and ability to understand payment posting and claims management.
Skills : AutoCad Engineering, Catia V5, Inventor.
- Traces and repairs all types of water lines.
- Troubleshoots and repairs kitchen equipment.
- Maintains repair and preventive maintenance records.
- Performs and maintains work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Tests, cleans and repairs swimming pools and spas.
- Paints designated areas.
- Repairs and finishes sheet rock.
- Repairs all types of wall coverings.
Tool Design Engineer II Resume
Headline : Develop new tools, methods, and procedures for analyzing athlete data to streamline the data acquisition process. Utilize motion capture equipment to quantify athletic movement.
Skills : Designing, Repairing.
- Provided technical and creative knowledge of up-to-date tool design standards and techniques, manufacturing processes, manages and supports tool design and build projects both in-house and outside vendors.
- Designed a headstock/tailstock final weld fixture assembly that holds all five fabricated MWL frame subassemblies.
- Utilized an understanding of anatomy, biomechanical principles, experimental designs, and statistical procedures to deliver scientific insights pertaining to footwear innovations.
- Utilized an understanding of sports performance and injury mechanisms to develop data driven insights that influence product development.
- Developed tools, methods, and procedures to increase the efficiency of scientific data processing.
- Provides real-time feedback, and create complex visualizations for non-scientific audiences.
- Coordinated with customers, project managers, manufacturing technicians, and suppliers to conceptualize, design, and manufacture various tools for aerospace industry.
Tool Design Engineer III Resume
Summary : Tool design in aircraft, assembly fixtures, machining fixtures, portable mechanical equipment, lay up molds for composite parts. Mechanical design in automotive, brake parts, engine mounts, bushings, body mounts, crankshaft dampers, linear damper.
Skills : Project Management, Process Improvement, Sales, Negotiation, B2B.
- Designed cure tools, layup mandrels, and trim fixtures for Shear Ties, C-Channels and other composite parts for the Boeing 787 program using CATIA V5.
- Conceptualized and designed holding fixtures for wings skins, nacelles, and straps for the JSF program.
- Created flat patterns for various composite parts utilizing CATIA V5 and FiberSim.
- Actively contributed to defining and streamlining the process used in producing flat patterns and laser projection to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Generated laser programs for hand-layup composite parts for the Virtek Laser Systems.
- Provided technical support for advanced troubleshooting of the laser system to support manufacturing schedule.
- Supported development, layout, and qualification of laser systems on new contracts.
- Created NC programs for the Automatic Tape Layering machine for hot drape forming of transverse, overhead and floor beams for the 787, Spirit and Alenia programs.
Asst. Tool Design Engineer Resume
Objective : Experienced Mechanical Designer with solid composite, metrology and machining background. Extensive expertise working cross functionally in all areas of manufacturing. Broad experience in research and development, engineering, production, quality and assembly.
Skills : Catia, Aerospace Engineering, Tool Engineering.
- Designed, documented, qualified, and tested tooling and equipment for manufacturing, assembly, transportation and testing of high complexity, tight tolerance mono/bi-propellant rocket engines and electric propulsion systems.
- Collaborated with large project development teams to produce space propulsion products for private and government customers, domestic and foreign.
- Designed work included direct and integrated teamwork among different engineering disciplines including quality, manufacturing, test, structural and thermal.
- Required close, hands-on, involvement with the manufacture and implementation of tool designs, affording an effective understanding of the required processes and fostered close working relationships with the corresponding machinists, technicians, inspectors and assemblers.
- Concurrently managed multiple projects while upholding schedule, cost and quality considerations.
- Developed tool and test equipment work instructions for internal and customer use.
- Experienced with a variety of manufacturing processes including milling, turning, CNC, EDM, GTA and orbital welding, furnace and induction brazing, assembly, 3D printing, laser marking, metal finishing and dimensional inspection.
Associate Tool Design Engineer Resume
Headline : Tool Design Engineer in the area experienced in mechanical design, project management, and product development in both office and manufacturing environments. Currently pursuing a degree in electrical field.
Skills : Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, Design For Manufacturing, Product Development, Project Management, Mechanical Design.
- Designed custom parts and assemblies for holding customer gears while their teeth are cut, heat treated, finished, and tested.
- Created assembly and part drawings for finished parts and manufacturing with GD&T.
- Managed projects from the quote stage through the entire engineering process with a strong focus on deadlines.
- Managed & aided project in manufacturing when necessary.
- Interacted with other engineers, sales, supply chain and manufacturing on design specifications, design viability, ease of manufacturing, assembly, and inspection.
- Visited customer facilities to better understand customer requirements and product lines.
- Worked with a customer as their point of contact for that customer's tooling needs.
- Created quotes for sales department and customers.
Lead Tool Design Engineer Resume
Summary : To secure a position in Tool Design/Engineering that will utilize experience, skills and knowledge general Engineering requirements.Willing to take on new challenges and operate in a team environment.
Skills : Windows, Autocad, Solidworks.
- Designed special cutting tools, work holding fixtures, gages and repair parts to support the production needs for gear blank machining.
- Prepared BOM and set up work instruction documents as required.
- Designed and implemented new tooling and improvements to work processes.
- Worked with other s to reduce downtime on machining centers for gear machining.
- Developed new methods and standards for machine setups and operation.
- Assisted with operator training and problem solving of tooling related issues.
- Prepared documentation and managed changes to product and tooling.
Tool Design Engineer Resume
Objective : To obtain a responsible Tool Design Engineer position with a company that will provide excellent opportunities for advancement in an auto/diesel repair career. All work done with Catia V4 or V5 3D modeling and 2D drawings.
Skills : - SolidWorks, Unigraphics, SDRC, Catia, AutoCAD, Cadim,.
- Designs of tools for specific powdered metal applications as supplied by customers via part prints for presses in the 4-200 ton classes using Autocad 12.
- Re-designs of existing customer products to facilitate visualization of powdered metal design concepts and requirements including 3-dimensional design of parts.
- Designs of fixtures, tool adapters, and optical comparator charts.
- Processes Manufacturing Technician Trouble shoot production problems in a pro-active manner utilizing all personnel resources as required to resolve problems to completion and documenting solutions for future reference.
- Develops and specifys processes for new and existing products as required including calculating/developing/verifying all required data for part production.
- Performs density, dimensional and hardness evaluation for new products.
- Responsible for level I through III ISO9000 documentation of the entire powdered metal process including the Quality Manual, Operating and Laboratory instructions, and implementation of a Document Control System.