Senior Research Engineer Resume
Summary : Proficient and performance driven engineering professional with mechanical engineering PhD background and 9+ years of experience in both R&D and manufacturing industry. Record of accomplishments in various fields such as instrument/product design and development, nanotechnology, mechanical product integration, and tribology with practical hands-on attitude in approach to problem solving.
Skills : Technology And Innovation Leadership, Front End Innovations,.
- Drove the thought leadership and product/technology strategies for various high impact products and platforms at Milliken like Fire-Strong FRP composites for Building & Infrastructures and Milliken's magnetic coatings and compositions for floor covering, apparels, technical textiles, and functional non-wovens.
- Facilitated the decision to invest in the infrastructure and pipe repairs and the creation of Milliken Infrastructure Solutions, LLC business Platform Leader and key inventor for Milliken's magnetic coatings and compositions.
- Championed the development of flexible and launderable magnetic coatings on textiles and carpets to meet the performance requirements of multiple businesses across 3 divisions.
- Led the coordination of the business and R&D team's priorities and timelines in crafting the IP strategy resulting in the successful filing of 8 patents.
- Responsible for Subject Matter Expert for technical evaluations of companies and external research entities for merger and acquisition, investment and technology licensing.
- Knowledged of patents and IP landscape, the theory of inventive problem solving, led multiple brainstorming sessions for generating and evaluating concepts and IP white space analysis.
- Experienced with cost/investment analysis, NPV, IRR, ROI, and capturing the value proposition for creating business strategies.
Jr. Senior Research Engineer Resume
Objective : Looking for new opportunities in remote sensing, computer vision, or image processing.Extensive background includes hardware and software design and implementation, system configuration, operating systems, equipment maintenance, calibration and installation, and test execution.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Performed research in the fields of computer vision and remote sensing for the Video Understanding and Exploitation (VUE) Directorate of BAE, primarily motion tracking.
- Vendored software packages like Intel Performance Primitives (IPP), VXL, and boost were commonly used in the tracking algorithms.
- Worked on the Finder program sponsored by IARPA.
- Given a single image or video sequence collected from ground level, the goal was to determine the geodetic location of either the camera or objects within the field of view.
- Responsible for Computer vision "matchers" would associate features in the image like mountains or coastlines to corresponding geodetic features.
- Created a unified knowledge base of GeoTIFFs for the matchers with a two-step process: IDL was used to reproject all remote sensing products into geographic coordinates, then MATLAB was used to create uniformly sized GeoTIFF tiles.
- Added overhead imagery, terrain models, and lidar data to the knowledge base.
Senior Research Engineer/Analyst Resume
Headline : Senior Research Engineer skills and experience as well as all new and acquired knowledge and experience to assist the company and those around to grow and succeed.
Skills : Research, CAD, Testing, Risk Management, Line Management, Microsoft Office, Project Management.
- Creates new designs and models or redo the existing model for meeting client’s prescribed standards.
- Creates new drawings as per requirements within the stipulated standard levels.
- Interacts with the client engineering team/onsite coordinator/offshore lead for understanding the request and finalizing the scope of work.
- Manually reviews and validates the generated outputs; maintain relevant documentation in client database.
- Tracks, prioritizes and plans the assigned tasks and escalate for revisiting the timelines in case of complex work requests.
- Customizes a mechanical test method to measure adhesion of fired silver conductor pastes to solar pv cells.
- Improves method reliability and used to develop new, improved paste products.
Senior Research Engineer I Resume
Objective : Senior Research Engineer with strong communication skills is interested in a financial advisor position. Background includes project management, project finance, budgeting, laboratory experience, process design and pilot plant experience, as well as control system design, implementation and operation. Versatile, adaptable and flexible nature combined with an ability to perform at a high level on multiple projects simultaneously has provided experience in a variety of fields including polymers, biofuels, energy production and carbon capture.
Skills : Zemax, Matlab, Code V, LightTools, Optical Engineering, Fiber Optics.
- Worked on 3 different projects simultaneously (Algae for carbon capture demonstration-scale plant, pilot plant for chemical carbon capture and coal to liquids pilot plant) Manage a team of 5 personnel including general day to day duties, laboratory experiments, and data analysis.
- Collected, recorded and analyzed complex data from both the laboratory and field.
- Presented results via publications and presentations.
- Responsible for day to day operations of the project and meeting project objectives.
- Responsible for interfacing with engineering firm to design and construct pilot size chemical carbon capture unit at a coal fired power plant (Brown Station in Harrodsburg, KY).
- Continued to monitor progress and interface with 3rd parties to make sure project stays on target.
- Developed an automated method using an advanced 3-d microscope to image screen-printed conductor line geometry on silicon wafers. Wrote matlab scripts to analyze resulting data for several metrics and determine statistical parameters. Created training documents and trained rd colleagues in this method.
Senior Research Engineer II Resume
Headline : Senior Research Engineers (SREs) are responsible for leading, executing and driving research projects that are critical to the company’s success. This includes working with a small group of highly experienced engineers to define, design and optimize technology from a technical perspective.
Skills : Manager, Cross Functional And Matrix Leadership, Technology.
- Led the project team in Building and infrastructure (B&I) market projects, cross-functional platform team in developing novel flexible magnetic materials.
- Delivered multiple patent-protected technologies.
- Responsible for SME for technology transfer, M&A investment and corporate venturing.
- Actively participated in the recruitment and talent acquisition for the Milliken Research team.
- Facilitated the decision to create the Milliken Infrastructure Solutions, LLC business.
- Led the development of innovative magnetic coatings using various processes on textile and flexible surfaces for specialty fabrics, roofing, bedding, hospitality and floor covering applications.
- Created an automated measurement system to evaluate rd conductor pastes performance.
- Led scale-up for rd growth project to develop flexible ultra-moisture barrier films. Mechanical testing competency leader.
Senior Research Engineer III Resume
Summary : Pharmaceutical and Food professional with extensive and diverse hands-on experience in package engineering, product and process development, technical sales, problem solving and cost reductions. Team player accustomed to interfacing with all functions within an organization. Flexible, innovative and resourceful with strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Started as Associate Engineer progressed to Senior Research Engineer involve in Applied research.
- Produced over 15 patents.
- Developed automatic tests using imaging to detect surface defects, increasing the throughput from 6 units a day to 24.
- Acquired signals from over 50 sensors to further be used for machine learning.
- Created unique thin film design software using R and Matlab.
- Utilized thin film characterization techniques for coating analysis including material defects analysis, spectral analysis, ellipsometry, stress, roughness, and optical scatter.
- Managed over 20 projects from idea to conception.
- Chair of the safety committee for R&D and Engineering for the past 3 years.
- Drafted action plans and led meetings with department executives to review project status and proposed changes.
Asst. Senior Research Engineer Resume
Objective : Extremely driven professional with recognized experience in complex technology solutions combined with solid work ethic and flexibility to adapt to any technical environment pursuing a career as an Engineer offering challenges, responsibilities, and advancement opportunities.
Skills : SAS, SPSS, Data Mining, Database Management.
- Maintained OHP board Exchange Call Originating & Terminating process for SDH.
- Developed SDH Configuration & Fault Management GUI using Visual C++.
- Maintained CTS board Configuration, Fault & Event Management Processes for SDH.
- Developed HTPC Device Driver on CSOS RTOS for FAS.
- Developed schematics of MOTOROLA 68302 based TPC board for FAS.
- Layout and routing of TPC board using VISULA CAD tool.
- Conducted 155 Mbps & 622 Mbps signal integrity tests on 4 layered PCB.
- Developed burst mode 155 Mbps optical transmitter on 4 layered PCB.
- Tested Optical Line Terminating Equipment (OLTE) cards.
Associate Senior Research Engineer Resume
Headline : Target: Research and Analytics Director Summary of Qualifications Perceptive leader and a quite professional. Serving as an environmental program manager with project management, execution, contracting actions and operation responsibilities. Experience includes reviewing environmental impact analysis processes and reports for conformance with policies, procedures and requirements as per the National Environmental Pollution Act (NEPA).
Skills : Structural Engineering, Finite Element Analysis, Finite Element Analysis.
- Performs structural analysis of hypervelocity impacts and blast analysis on structures and other military equipment utilizing high fidelity, first principles structural (finite-element codes) and hydro-dynamic codes.
- Leads advanced finite element (K-DYNA3D) structural analyses studies to support the Ground-Based Missile (GMD) defense integrated flight test (IFT's) intercepts and light gas gun (LGG) tests to predict structural damage and breakup for the actual flight target and/or subscale LGG targets as well as debris characterization taking into account initial hydrodynamic behavior and late time structural response for the hypervelocity impacts.
- Uses K-DYNA3D analysis to position instruments and time x-ray photos for the LGG tests.
- Supports various studies using the Sandia hydrodynamic code CTH to i) investigate the vulnerability.
- Leads advanced finite element (K-DYNA3D) structural analyses studies to assess vulnerability of deep underground military targets to conventional weapon attack, which included high velocity impact, penetration through geologic media, and weapon detonation.
- Uses K-DYNA3D to investigate vulnerability of shallow underground military facilities to terrorist attacks via commercial jet aircraft and above ground truck bomb detonations.
- Rewrites ITT System's GO code from FORTRAN to C++ (5600 lines) to incorporate more state of the art object oriented methods, dynamic memory allocation, and to more easily be linked with other company codes for conducting system reliability assessments and system response modes (i.e., nuclear power plant systems).
Senior Research Engineer/Consultant Resume
Summary : Award-winning, patent holding Chemical Research Engineer with a proven record of developing and improving chemical processes from initial concept through implementation at laboratory, pilot-plant and manufacturing settings. Demonstrated successes in using Front End Loading, Design of Experiments, SPC, Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis and process modeling to improve / design processes and products.
Skills : Solid Works, ProEngineer, Project Management, Manufacturing, Process Improvement.
- Launched and led new product and process improvement projects from laboratory concept through pilot and production scales.
- Co-led cross functional team to obtain all health, safety, environmental, reaction and physical property data required for production.
- Solved quality and / or production problems by analyzing laboratory / plant data and designing and conducting laboratory experiments.
- Invented a no capital process that solved a historical color quality issue which removed catalyst from product and eliminated product rework.
- Led product development team from concept to production scale in six months using $100,000 of capital.
- Discovered a non catalytic route to increase yield of trans DCE from 33% to 60%.
- Developed new applications for the OXSOL product line, including creation of adhesive, paint stripping and cleaning formulations.
Senior Research Engineer Resume
Summary : Over 9 years' of Researchj experience in healthcare and data analytics. Proven experience in large-scale projects with end-to-end knowledge of healthcare & hospital business operations. Leader, problem-solver and a coherent decision-maker.
Skills : Project Management, Emotional Intelligence, Problem Solving, Process Improvements.
- Managed project plans & timelines at various levels from initial phase of planning through final deliverables.
- Supervised resource allocation in partnership with IT and monitored financial invoice reports.
- Implemented software quality control for clinical trials in compliance with FDA regulations.
- Demonstrated expertise in SQL and MS Office Suite for project and data management.
- Conducted studies in accordance with HIPAA standards, SOPs, ICH and GCP guidelines.
- Responsible for Data Analytics Principal Review Analyst in pharmaceutical drug development trials.
- Investigated of analytical medical imaging methods to study brain disease progression.