Research Assistant Resume
Summary : 10+ years of experience as a Research Assistant. An innovative and result-focused Engineer and Scientist with cross-disciplinary experience and skills in Materials Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Chemistry.
Skills : SEM, AFM, EDX, XRD, XPS, FTIR, KPFM, NMR, UV-vis, Fluorescence, GPC, Electronic Device Characterization and Failure Analysis.
- Fabricating conductive polymer coated textiles and solar textiles for wearable technology application.
- Designing and developing an advanced oxidative chemical vapor deposition (O-CVD) system that provides a robust technique for conformal coating of arbitrary surfaces with conducting-polymers and semiconductor materials.
- Achieved world-record highly-conductive textiles with natural fibers such as banana fiber, silk, and linen by O-CVD coating.
- Providing a means for seamless integration of electronics with sustainable clothing.
- Systematically studied the effect of the textile structures and weaving densities on the conductivity of the conformally coated polymers by CVD.
- Designing and executing an innovative process of fabricating solar textiles by weaving functional fibers beyond conventional layer-by-layer process.
- Devoted to research on transparent organic solar cells for solar window application.
- Simultaneously improved efficiency by 0. 7% and transparency by 20% of transparent solar cells by optimizing morphology and crystallinity during PVD deposition, for the transparent solar display application.
- Initiating collaboration project on constructing tandem solar cells by incorporating carbon nanotubes and organic semiconductors to achieve higher efficiency of light harvesting.
- Leading collaboration project on studying the interfacial properties of graphene and organic materials with the aim of utilizing graphene as a flexible electrode.
Research Assistant I Resume
Summary : 5+ years of experience as a Research Assistant. Familiar with all processes of HH model application from data collection to results representation. Versatile background in water resources, climate, and meteorology, agriculture and eco-hydrology. Specialized in data processing, climate change analysis, remote sensing, and GIS application. Quick learner and team player with 3 years' experience in project management.
- Model development experience developed an erosion and sediments/nutrition transport module into a hydrologic model and contributed it to an open source distributed hydrologic model project: geo top.
- The alpha version of the coupled model was released and could be downloaded as free software.
- Model application experience acquired all sorts of data for the distributed model from national data archives provided by USGS, USDA, NOAA and etc.
- Calibrated and validated the developed hydrologic model and applied it to several European and our watersheds.
- Evaluating the model performance under different climate conditions and suggested three crucial calibration parameters based on sensitivity analysis.
- Comparing empirical and physical based erosion models and summarized the impacts of structural differences on the estimation of erosion in the future.
- GIS and RS experience developed a geospatial ranking algorithm for land parcel conservation based on pollutant fate and removal rates of different land covers within the watershed.
- Applied flood area analysis in a watershed based on remote sensing products and geospatial analysis.
- Poisson process and first-order Markov chain were used to generate interval time between events and the occurrence of the events, different mixed distribution was used to generate rainfall amount based on the climatic characteristics.
Teaching/Research Assistant Resume
Summary : 7 years of experience as a Research Assistant. Competent, experienced public health professional seeking to contribute to an organization where there are opportunities for professional growth.
Skills : Relationship Building, Customer Service, Computer Experience: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, Public Speaking/presentation, and Nonprofit Experience.
- Contributed to the organization of the pilot baseline survey and actively tested it in various WIC and new Hampshire medical clinics.
- Actively participated in survey development and protocol review to improve outcomes for a cross-sectional study.
- Interviewed hundreds of potential participants by evaluating eligibility, obtaining informed consent, and ensuring participants fully understand what is involved in participating.
- Precisely followed study protocols while always maintaining the confidentiality of data collected.
- Prepared and reported accurate data on the progress of the hundreds of participants on various Microsoft office programs.
- Assisted project coordinator with cohort maintenance through calling, texting, online contacts and training new research assistants.
- Coordinated detailed schedules and activities at multiple recruitment sites while always positively representing Dartmouth by maintaining positive working relationships with site staff accomplishments: excelled at recruiting participants for the research study.
- Maintained meticulous data management databases skills used time management skills detail oriented relationship building.
- Performed ab initio calculations to study chemical interaction between the iron atom and hydrogen molecule.
- Studied structure and reactivity of beta-sic(100) surface using density functional theory and cluster models.
Research Assistant At Department Resume
Summary : 10+ years of experience as a Research Assistant. Seeking a full-time position as CAE engineer, Finite Element Analyst, or Stress Engineer.
Skills : Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Print Shop, and Oracle Primavera.
- Constitutive modeling and finite element analysis of active composite developed constitutive relations to simulate the multiphysics electro-mechanical coupled response of ferroelectric materials and to model the hysteretic behavior of active composite under cyclic mechanical loading.
- Characterizing the constitutive models with experimental data and interpreted model parameters with a physical meaning.
- Implemented the constitutive model with finite element method (fem) by user subroutines (UEL) for Abaqus.
- Developing algorithms and Abaqus scripts to generate micromechanics models for the composite material, predicted the overall mechanical, thermal, and dielectric responses, and validated the model predictions with experimental data.
- Manufacturing and testing of active metal/ferroelectric composite manufactured ag/batio3 composite and characterized its microstructures and existing phases using sem and XRD.
- Conducting mechanical, thermal, and dielectric tests on the composite: Young's modulus, Poisson's ratio, coefficient of thermal expansion, thermal conductivity and diffusivity, heat capacity, relative permittivity, dielectric loss, etc.
- Tested its nonlinear hysteretic stress-strain curves under cyclic loading using the material test system (MTS).
- Investigating the influences of microstructure on the fracture behavior and studied the failure mechanisms.
- Preparing technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses.
- Performing various procedures like wet-spinning, ELISA, and immunostaining.
Research Assistant II Resume
Summary : Over 16+ years of research experience as a Research Assistant in polymer/materials synthesis, processing and characterization, colloidal dispersions, and particle surface modification technology for application in lithium-ion batteries; hands-on familiarity with equipment used to characterize polymers.
Skills : Layer-by-Layer Assembly, Spin-coater, Sprayer, Thermal Evaporation, And Chemical Vapor Deposition, Potentiostat/Galvanostat, Impedance Analyzer, Rheometer, Quartz Crystal Microbalance With Dissipation Monitoring, NMR, SEM, TEM, Thermal Gravimetric Analysis, Differential Thermal Analysis, Thermomechanical Analysis, Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Modulated-DSC, Dynamic Mechanical Analysis, FTIR Spectroscopy, AFM, XRD, Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy, and X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy.
- Present polyaniline/vanadium pentoxide layer-by-layer electrodes for energy storage managed and lead a group (3-5 students) to design and develop flexible, nanostructured polyaniline/vanadium pentoxide lithium-ion battery cathodes with the high surface area.
- Developing novel electrodes with higher capacity, energy density, and power density compared to many commercial lithium-ion battery electrodes.
- Developing novel spray-assisted electrodes for rapid prototyping with improved electrochemical properties relative to conventional systems.
- Performing electrochemical test analysis and diagnosis of electrodes and battery cells (coin cells).
- Present design and investigation of organic thin films leading to smart-coatings investigated thermal properties (cross-linking, glass transition, melting, decomposition, etc. ) of polyelectrolyte multilayer films fabricated via layer-by-layer assembly in both confined and free-standing configurations.
- This study opens a new door for the direct characterization of free-standing thin films.
- Present polymer thin films for gas separation via layer-by-layer assembly developed a new h2/co2 membrane separation technique using layer-by-layer assembly to build a polymeric membrane on alumina- or silica-coated stainless steel substrates.
- Investigating the solubilities and permeabilities of gas in layer-by-layer films.
- Successfully conducted research and documented in detailed reports and frequently presented material on various topics for groups.
- Investigating and evaluating the comparative performances of ionic liquid and dilute acid pretreatment processes on poplar biomass.
Research Assistant II Resume
Summary : An ambitious and eager student with a great passion for working in research areas as a scientist with an emphasis on molecular biology and/or immunology throughout my research career. Able to collaborate efficiently with other members of the research group including working with diverse groups of people.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, Motivated, Energetic, and Hardworking, Strong Problem Solving and Analytic Ability, Proficiency In Microsoft Office, Language: Arabic, English, and Indonesian.
- Responsibilities research assistant in a research group with an emphasis on the autoimmune disease vitiligo in Smyth line chickens - a model for human vitiligo, cell-mediated immunity, and cellular responses in regression/progression of Rous sarcomas chickens.
- Assist and conduct nanoparticle and immune cell recruitment into dermal tissue studies.
- Prepared, manipulated, and managed extensive databases by preparing tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports.
- Administered genome sequencing using the applied biosystems 3100 genetic analyzers.
- Performed immunology techniques such as immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, blood smears, and enzyme-linked immunosorbent.
- Provided administrative work that included: document-scanning, proof-reading, source-organization, and class schedule.
- DFT implementation and writing respective test benches, including post fabrication analysis.
- Post-silicon tests and parameter extraction of the fabricated chip using instrumentation devices.
Research Assistant I Resume
Objective : One year of experience as a Research Assistant. Looking forward to work in an organization where I can utilize my skill, serve diligently with motivation and pioneer trends that contribute substantially towards the realization of goals of the organization.
Skills : Internet Research, Electronic Mail, Small Mammal Trapping, Aquatic Invertebrate Field Sampling, Statistical Analysis, Data Entry, Radio Telemetry, and Microscopy.
- Obtained consent documents from the subjects on whom the research is conducted or the guardians of those subjects.
- Formed tabular formats, fact sheets, and reports on each of the research results for summarization.
- Looked into different requirements of research experiments and collected data.
- Performed supervisory and training duties involving lower level employees.
- Compiled processes and analyzed data; recorded research procedure and result.
- Coded data for input for electronic data processing inputs and retrieved data using computers.
- Assisted with research projects; performs independent research; plans, designs, and implements research projects.
- Full-chip level verification of the components using SystemVerilog in models.
- Spice, Verilog and systems simulations for waveform and timing analysis of the circuit modules.
- Assisted professors adequately in designing, testing, and manufacturing wind tunnels.
Senior Research Assistant - Equity Research Resume
Summary : Looking to enter a product-focused environment where can do independent R&D work to contribute to the team. My expertise in amphiphilic and particulate surfactants, emulsions, and polymer structure-function relationships, as well as my experience teaching, training, generating data, and communicating results will give my potential employers an edge.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Open Office, Zotero, Endnote, Adobe Illustrator And Photoshop, ImageJ, Igor Pro, Leica Application Suite AF, and Image Pro.
- Developed and characterized a lipid vesicle-stabilized all-aqueous emulsion from the ground UP.
- Worked with other scientists to rapidly find the best analysis for a variety of research objectives while supervising a departmental confocal microscopy mini-facility for five years.
- Achieved a high degree of instrumental up time through careful routine maintenance and effective, thorough training.
- Extensively studied particulate and amphiphilic surfactants, phase interfaces, and polymer structure-property relationships.
- Formulated phase and stabilizer properties in emulsions to isolate mechanisms of interfacial capture and of dispersed phase stability.
- Characterized emulsions and phases by optical microscopy, UV-vis, fluorescence, polarimetry, VPO, DLS, and HPLC.
- Streamlined gas cylinder trade-outs, lipid storage, and waste removal within the lab to reduce costs, increase efficiency, and improve safety.
- Maintained all animal room records (census, sanitation activities, and animal identification) and was responsible for keeping all laboratory procedures in accordance with standard operating procedures, OSHA and IACUC regulations.
- Using standard operating procedures, administered medications to animals via multiple routes (iv, sc, IP, IM, and PO).
- Required knowledge of numerous study protocols and how to properly edit them for delivery to various science departments.
Research Assistant II Resume
Headline : Over 6+ years of experience as a Research Assistant. Aspiring researcher in robotics, mechatronic engineering. Skilled in robotics, control engineering, hardware engineering, real-time embedded programming, data communication/analysis, digital signal processing, and artificial intelligence technologies.
Skills : C Programming, C++ Programming, Signal Compression, Data Processing, Sensor Networks, Image Analysis, Pattern Recogni- Tion, Numerical and Analytical Mathematical Methods, Mechatronics, Mixed-signal Integrated Circuit Design, and Debug, Chinese.
- Designing and building several different microcontroller-based untethered robotic fish platforms which were highlighted by Bloomberg tv, national science foundation, the state news, Scientific American magazine, and many other media.
- Designing and implementing three generations of robotic fish prototypes from initial concept, requirement definition, design and analysis, implementation and troubleshooting, through to system modeling, testing and applications to mobile sensing.
- Developing and validating dynamic models for predicting the motion of robotic fish.
- Developing a novel control-oriented, data-driven averaging approach for robotic fish dynamics.
- Developing a nonlinear feedback controller for the robotic fish to realize target tracking and showed the robot would converge to the target using Lyapunov analysis.
- Collaborating with two colleagues to build a high-performance " glider fish" for the environment monitoring purpose.
- Establishing a framework for the operation of adaptive robotic fish networks to monitor and recover aquatic phenomena of interest.
- Implementing a batch order entry client that collects customer data from web service and pre-process the data.
- Researching and implementing new technologies so as to benefit our websites, such as improved virtual shared servers, cms engines, and shopping cart software.
- Responsible for acquisition, processing, and storage of MRI data in a network attached storage system (NAS).
Research Assistant I Resume
Objective : Over 4 years of experience as a Research Assistant. Goal oriented professional, possessing strong analytical skills as demonstrated by scientific background, with a desire to work toward a common goal to further the research on crop development and improvement. Strong ability to lead projects and perform exceptionally as a team leader and player. Extensive exposure to germination and laboratory equipment calibration and maintenance.
Skills : Matlab, Python, Mathematics, Physics, Machine Learning, Numerical Methods, Data Analysis, Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, Publisher, Powerpoint, EndNote, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook, and Google Calendar.
- Assist in all project performed by research associates on the station and join in duties required by the vegetable disease screens.
- Coordinate all tasks in the laboratory, manage and work alongside technicians to perform such tasks.
- Process and provide a diagnosis of samples coming into the laboratory, including record and photos track pathology test results and relay results to plant breeders.
- Make inoculums for all vegetable screens, while considering all conditions necessary for inoculums to grow (i.e.,
- Humidity, ambient temperature, etc. ) maintain the tools and machinery necessary for disease inoculation in field and laboratory trials.
- Coordinate destruction of screens and soil according to Monsanto sanitation policies and take charge of sanitizing all pathology waste with the autoclave.
- Run and assist in PCR work, perform Elisa, DNA extraction and record results according to the protocol: under research associate guidance.
- Set up internet web-based quizzes for honor class in finance and graded the quizzes.
- Attended weekly meetings with a graduate student to study improvement and suggest new interventions for development.
- Filmed conversations in order to view and strengthen positive social skills.