Student Attorney Resume
Summary : As a self-starter and quick learner, have a versatile skill set with experience in small business finance, administration, legal representation and counsel including civil litigation, with excellent written and oral communication. Dedicated to community service and business development.
Skills : Trial Advocacy, Appellate Advocacy, Legal Research, Legal Writing.
- Conducted multiple civil case assignments with responsibility for fact-finding investigations, legal research, planning, organizing case plans to ensure resolution of multiple legal issues and projects over a period of several months.
- Interviewed people by telephone and in-person, discussed sensitive information with others, obtained documentary and testimonial evidence.
- Exercised tact and discretion in gaining the cooperation and confidence of others, gathering information individuals were sometimes reluctant to give.
- Conducted interviews to elicit relevant facts, carefully listening to individuals to identify and understand legal issues.
- Located respondents and witnesses for purposes of interviewing and service of legal documents.
- Interacted with people from different ethnic/cultural backgrounds, adjusting communication accordingly, communicated complex legal information through the use of language interpreters.
- Performed logical/objective analysis and evaluation of facts, evidence and related data; distinguishing relevant and irrelevant information and detecting discrepancies.
- Evaluated relevant facts/information to determine legal claims, compliance with state and federal laws, the existence of conflicts of interest, and possible ethical violations.
MBA In Business
Sr. Student Attorney Resume
Headline : Effective communicator and strong advocate with a solid background in outstanding client relations. Able to effectively assess and communicate the needs of the client regarding complex legal matters and public health issues. Proven ability to manage and maintain confidential records for a solo law practice and public health office.
Skills : Trademark clearance, Trademark prosecution, Enforcement of IP rights, Licensing.
- Represented clients incarcerated in the US Penitentiary, Administrative Maximum Facility (ADX).
- Developed cases for impact litigation in an effort to stop the use of solitary confinement.
- Worked cooperatively with co-counsel in all aspects of case development.
- Interviewed clients and met with ADX in-house counsel.
- Researched state, federal, and international law on the definition, use, and legality of solitary confinement.
- Conducted discovery and compiled data on solitary confinement at the ADX.
- Drafted complaint to the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture (SPR).
- Assisted clients with drafting personal declarations for use in complaints to UN SPR and for future use in federal litigation.
J.D. In Constitutional
Jr. Student Attorney Resume
Objective : Demonstrated ability in legal research, contracts law, and regulatory compliance. Working knowledge of healthcare laws and regulatory structure, including COBRA, FEHB, and HIPAA. Extensive experience interacting with clients and customers in a variety of settings.
Skills : Creative Writing, Technical Writing, Legal Writing.
- Consisted of providing access to legal services to indigent populations concerning all legal areas.
- Provided over 400 hours of pro-bono legal work.
- Drafted wills, advanced directives, and powers of attorney.
- Represented clients, prepared documents for trial and negotiations.
- Participated in legislative meetings, researched, drafted memoranda, and managed client relationships.
- Organized public events and marketed legal services, discussed strategy for growth of clinic law firm, and drafted concept paper for expansion of the JustAdvice Clinic.
- Gained valuable knowledge and experience in consumer debt law.
Student Attorney III Resume
Headline : Accomplished, adaptable and ambitious professional with over seven years of professional experience focused on critical thinking, legal analysis, full lifecycle project management, and problem solving. Proven success serving a diverse range of clients in executing programmatic and organizational objectives.
Skills : Legal Research, Administration.
- Represented indigent clients in immigration proceedings.
- Counseled clients regarding available forms of relief.
- Entered appearance in Immigration Court to respond and argue clients' Notice to Appear and sought relief from removal proceedings.
- Obtained relief in the form of termination of removal proceedings by Prosecutorial Discretion.
- Appeared in Probate Court in a Special Immigrant Juvenile case to obtain an order of eligibility for long-term foster care and also appeared in Family Court to obtain a dependency order.
- Conducted legal research and writing.
- Drafted and filed appeal brief with the Board of Immigration Appeals.
Student Attorney II Resume
Headline : Motivated professional with demonstrated ability in a positive, commercial, and practical manner, to identify, prioritize, and resolve issues quickly and effectively. Flexible with managing multiple wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change. Proven ability and commitment to work both independently and collaboratively with numerous people at all levels while providing the highest level of service.
Skills : Relativity, Westlaw Next, and Lexis Nexis.
- Compiled, drafted, and presented case research.
- Involved throughout the case process - from initial intake, through hearing in Landlord-Tenant HUD dispute.
- Prepared case briefs and summarized testimonies.
- Located and developed case-relevant information.
- Represented clients in court as a Student Attorney.
- Negotiated settlements for legal disputes.
- Advised clients on their case and followed up weekly.
- Handled complex estate planning matters and revocable and irrevocable trusts.
Student Attorney I Resume
Objective : Major strengths include strong leadership, excellent communication skills, competent, strong team player, and strong attention to details. Accustomed to working in fast-paced environments with the ability to think quickly and successfully handle difficult clients and situations.
Skills : Legal Writing, Legal Research, Microsoft Office, Westlaw.
- Worked under the supervision of an attorney.
- Assisted families who are at risk or who may be at risk of deportation.
- Assisted with DACA applications.
- Assisted with document completion to submit to the USCIS or to the Court if under removal proceedings.
- Completed applications for T and U visas, I-914, I-918 Provide translation of documents.
- Attended numerous court hearings and trials.
- Handled complex estate planning matters and revocable and irrevocable trusts.
Asst. Student Attorney Resume
Headline : Attorney with experience analyzing and resolving legal issues relating to employment and business operations. Thinks critically and makes clear, well-reasoned, and timely decisions.
Skills : Litigation, Microsoft Office, Analytical.
- Included client representation, research/ investigation, and legal writing.
- Conducted policy work and participated in outreach presentations.
- Prepared and submitted affidavits, documentary evidence, briefs in support of asylum, and other court documents, responded to requests from USCIS.
- Prepared and participated in settlement negotiations and mediations.
- Received USCIS approval for a petition of the derivative status of an immigrant family member.
- Developed better case file organization and prioritization.
- Conducted legal research and preparation for a public hearing regarding the license renewal of an Ameren power plant.
Associate Student Attorney Resume
Headline : Dedicated, hard working professional with legal and entrepreneurial experience. Managed personal and business finances for over 10 years and would like to offer services to other individuals and families.
Skills : Legal Research, Analytical Skill, Microsoft Office.
- Represented clients under the supervision of licensed attorneys to perform estate planning duties.
- Drafted and researched estate planning legal documents including memos, Wills, Trusts, Medical, and Durable Power of Attorney.
- Drafted and composed letters for clients.
- Contacted clients through verbal and written communications.
- Conducted client meetings.
- Established office hours for guardianship reviews and client consultations.
- Prioritized and anticipated clients' needs.
- Worked in a team and client-focused environment.
Certified Student Attorney Resume
Summary : Working as an Attorney-at-Law within your organization to further hone communication, organization, client service, analytical and logical reasoning, legal research, and team work, knowledge of substantive law and legal procedure and time management skills and to utilize these skills to their optimal potential in order to contribute to the success of your organization.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Computer.
- Ensured the Defendant understood the terms of any probation and/or deferred sentencing requirements that may be offered.
- Presented facts and information obtained, as well as sentencing recommendations, on the record to the Judge.
- Helped court provides restorative justice to troubled juveniles and influences them to choose better alternatives in decision making.
- Featured with photograph and list of achievements in the Aurora Sentinel Newspaper.
- Advised clients in regard to medicare/Medicaid eligibility and advanced directives.
- Worked in collaboration with lakeshore legal aid to assist elderly clients.
- Drafted initial ins documents for clients and helped them prepare pleadings.
Student Attorney Resume
Objective : Experienced attorney with strong background in drafting legal documents, researching complex legal issues, and exceptional negotiating and writing skills.
Skills : Research, Writing, Financial budgeting, Presentations, Editing, Proof-reading.
- Worked with a highly diverse client base including non-native English speakers, survivors of torture and sexual violence, and individuals from varied cultures and religious backgrounds.
- Screened clients for eligibility for federal immigration benefits including Naturalization, Adjustment of Status, and Family Reunification.
- Represented eligible individuals with all stages of federal benefits applications and petitions including the compilation of USCIS forms and appropriate case research.
- Evaluated clients' financial situations and completed several federal fee waivers for clients suffering from indigence or financial hardship.
- Drafted client affidavits in support of USCIS benefit applications and petitions.
- Drafted a persuasive brief discussing several errors of fact in relation to a potential TRIG (Terrorism-Related Inadmissibility Ground) application delay.
- Worked efficiently and balanced multiple case files while prioritizing customer service and resolution of time-sensitive client situations.
- Gained invaluable experience conducting live interviews through the use of interpreters.