Underwriting Specialist Resume
Summary : A Underwriting Specialist position in a company that seeks an ambitious and work conscientious person, where acquired skill and continuing education will be utilized towards growth and advancement.
Skills : Commercial Lines Underwriting / Sales & Marketing Relationship Manager.
- Promoted to assume expanded responsibilities while continuing to perform all Senior Underwriter tasks.
- Included development / training of underwriters and agents, serving as an expert resource for commercial coverage, and providing backup for the Team Leader position.
- Effectively managed territory's profitability.
- Managed $6M territory comprised of 4 agents.
- Underwrote complex book of business consisting primarily of large packages, contracting, and business auto risks.
- Maintained primary responsibility for $2.5M agency.
- Accounts generated $800K of new business in 2007.
- Successfully earned Associate in Management (AIM) designation and Associate in Underwriting (AU) designation through the Insurance Institute of America.
- Oversaw closing of underperforming agency in 2008.
Sr. Underwriting Specialist Resume
Summary : To secure a challenging Underwriting Specialist position that allows to utilize knowledge and skills developed in the workplace, in order to further career.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Salesforce.
- Processes residential mortgage loans (FHA, VA, Conventional, purchase, refinance) under various programs in a quality consistent with all company policies and procedures as well as meeting all regulatory requirements.
- Maintains a pipeline of loans and is responsible for the timely and compliant flow of such loans through the process.
- Obtains and reviews necessary loan documentation and submits complete packages to Underwriting for loan approval.
- Monitors and ensures closing dates and company deadlines are met.
- Communicates with loan officers, buyers, sellers, title companies, builder and agents.
- Obtains and verifies that all underwriting conditions are received and cleared by the underwriter and prepares the file for submission to the Closing Department.
- Provides excellent customer service by effectively communicating and cooperating with all brokers and AE's.
- Keeps abreast of changes in policies and procedures, standards and regulations applicable to the company and the mortgage industry.
- Understands and applies local, state and federal regulations related to processing mortgage loans.
Jr. Underwriting Specialist Resume
Objective : Hard-working, energetic and have developed strong verbal and written skills. Years of experience with customer service and supervisor/trainer positions.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Responsible for pulling initial due diligence information for potential new personal mortgages (credit reports, tax transcripts, appraisals).
- Reviews appraisals and enter information into our loan software.
- Sends the completed and approved appraisals to the borrower.
- Works on FHA, VA, Conventional and USDA purchases and refinances.
- Runs all the required government checks on all parties involved in the loan (SAM searches, Limited Denial of Participation, FHA Connection, FHA Mortgage limits).
- Uses Desktop Underwriter as well.
- Reviews conditions as they come in and ensure have all the information before sending the file to the underwriting again.
- Communicate missing conditions and incomplete conditions to the brokers/lenders.
- Also perform clear to close on loans and send the official approval to the borrower.
Underwriting Specialist I Resume
Objective : Underwriting Specialist that is self motivated, enthusiastic, detail oriented with a positive team player attitude. Able to support a salesperson or a small sales team across all industries. Excellent communication skills, very customer service driven as well as computer literate.
Skills : Insurance Verification, Data Entry.
- Verifies patient benefits for medical claim approval.
- Obtains prior-authorization and pre-certification.
- Adheres to department policies and procedures in order to comply with performance standards to ensure profitable case delivery measures are managed effectively.
- Prioritizes incoming prior-authorization and pre-certification requests as outline in departmental policies, procedures, and workflow guidelines.
- Receives inbound and makes outbound calls to healthcare professionals, commercial and workers' comp carriers, and manufacturer sales representatives.
- Makes accurate, appropriate and timely case notes and database entries.
- Refers requests that require clinical judgment to an Underwriter Supervisor.
- Meets position metrics and turn-around time frames while maintaining a full caseload.
- Maintains strict confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Underwriting Specialist II Resume
Headline : Underwriting Specialist with extensive experience in the Telecommunications, Technology and Insurance industries. Proven track record selling B2B to all levels of management and corporate executives.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Analyzes applications and risks by determining acceptability of risk in accordance with company guidelines and standards.
- Works in conjunction with Sales Agents on obtaining the any additional evidence of insurability.
- Assists Agents with questions via phone or e mail and escalates issues to management as necessary.
- Negotiates with agents to reach positive and profitable outcomes.
- Notifies agencies of adverse underwriting decisions, rate appeals, underwriting requirements, status and declinations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with all internal departments.
- Provides assistance to other underwriters and to other functional areas.
- Ability to exercises independent judgment and to make critical business decisions effectively.
- Keeps current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends.
Underwriting Specialist III Resume
Summary : To enhance the academic community by utilizing skills in education, training, communications, finances, money management, and credit analysis.
Skills : SAS, Tableau, Excel, Business Objects.
- Helped develop and piloted new underwriting referral system and underwriting referral Access database which produced a forty percent efficiency gain in renewal casualty underwriting referrals.
- Developed and piloted new youthful driver rating database and process that indentifies improperly rated youthful drivers, which reduced premium leakage.
- Assisted District Manager and Sales Management in analyzing and recommending corrective actions to improve sales force's key performance indicators.
- Assisted Business Performance consultants and sales management on various report creation and special listings to improve growth, retention and profit; involved extracting data from Business Objects or Focus and analyzing and reporting through Microsoft Access or Excel.
- Assisted Area Manager and State Managers on Planning / Staffing project in order to optimize resource efficiency.
- Identified homeowners and auto policies that were not getting the proper discounts using Focus and Microsoft Access to assist sales force in retaining business.
- Served as key participant in Colorado Foreclosure project by developing an Access database and reports which matched foreclosed property addresses, obtained from independent vendor, with American Family property policy's address in order to improve homeowner's profitability.
- Trained and mentored other underwriters in developing reports, databases and creating focus programs to obtain information.
Asst. Underwriting Specialist Resume
Objective : To obtain a Underwriting Specialist position that would allow to exercise knowledge and education in Business Administration to benefit career and office goals.
Skills : Data Analysis, Process Improvement, UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Creates a clear concise relationship as a Liaison between the Underwriter and the Broker.
- Provides effective verbal/written communication in a timely manner to clear conditions that are needed to close on a FHA, VA and Conventional loan.
- Reviews numerous documents, ordering specific government documents and requesting any additional info needed to meet state and federal guidelines based on the type of loan being processed.
- Operates with MyFAMC internal systems, FEMA Disaster, Web Cert, FHA Connection, VA Portal, Equifax, Desktop Underwriting, LP, UDM, Veri-Tax and NMLS to ensure the proper procedures are being handled and the required documents are ordered immediately.
- Maintains a pipeline of loans ranging from 50+ daily while being responsible to review all documents uploaded and that it will meet the Underwriters approval.
- Communicates with Loan Officers, Account Executives, Brokers, Buyers, Sellers, Title Companies, Builders/Agents, and Appraisers to ensure the loan process is handled smoothly.
- Answers all emails and voicemails within a 2 hour time frame to ensure customer service is maintained and all issues are resolved.
- Handles, processes and clears residential jumbo loans ranging from 400k- 1.6m Exceptional customer service through each interaction via phone or email.
Associate Underwriting Specialist Resume
Headline : To secure a challenging Underwriting Specialist position where Underwriting and Management experience will be fully utilized.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Responsible for achieving company rate, retention, growth and profitability goals for of multi-line book of business.
- Achieves new business production goals.
- Works independently within the letter of authority.
- Mentors new hires and less experienced staff in all aspects of underwriting, systems, and processes.
- Develops Agent and Broker relationships through visits to the assigned territory.
- Serves as Division subject matter expert for Workers Compensation and rating plans.
- Participates in special projects and assignments.
Lead Underwriting Specialist Resume
Summary : A skilled and experienced credit/financial analyst seeking a Underwriting Specialist position with a company which allows to use knowledge of finance.
Skills : MS Office, Management.
- Underwrites and assesses risk for small and middle market contract surety accounts, as well as some small transactional business.
- Makes appropriate decisions and negotiate terms and conditions within authority limits and make appropriate recommendations to home office outside of those parameters.
- Develops and maintains productive agency/client relationships.
- Effectively assists in executing the sales plan for our branch with emphasis on marketing and sales activity outside the office.
- Accountable for accurate underwriting documentation/information in account management systems.
- Demonstrates superior customer service standards (consistency, quick response, knowledge of product, etc.).
- Regularly participates in industry functions to develop visibility in the marketplace, network with key players in the industry, and continually increase knowledge of the surety industry.
Underwriting Specialist Resume
Summary : Proficient in working in fast-paced, team oriented, and high volume environments while managing multiple tasks. Administrative experience in managing teams with the responsibilities of teaching, training, and coordinating groups of people while maximizing efficiency, effectiveness, and overall environment of business performance.
Skills : Customer Service,Strategic Planning, Complex Claim Handling, Account Management.
- Examines documents to determine degree of risk from such factors as applicant financial standing and value and condition of property.
- Declines excessive risks.
- Writes to field representatives, medical personnel, and others to obtain further information, quote rates, or explain company underwriting policies.
- Evaluates possibility of losses due to catastrophe or excessive insurance.
- Decreases value of policy when risk is substandard and specify applicable endorsements or apply rating to ensure safe profitable distribution of risks, using reference materials.
- Reviews company records to determine amount of insurance in force on single risk or group of closely related risks.
- Authorizes reinsurance of policy when risk is high.