Senior Victim Advocate Resume
Summary : Senior Victim Advocate experience in maintaining documentation and procedures, updating changes and ensuring that the published version contained current information. Training for various aspects of non-profit programs and how to prepare for financial audits. Experience conducting training materials/manuals and facilitating meetings. Revised and updated training materials and manuals, documentation. Developed documentation and assisted in research for inclusion in grant documents.
Skills : Microsoft office, Spillman, Typing 60wpm.
- Coached, mentored, provided support & resources to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Worked with clients to create an individual Program Plan and set realistic & achievable goals.
- Created training materials and educating clients about the rights and resources available to them.
- Assisted clients in applying for resources including documentation required for eligibility of benefits and services available.
- Advocated for and initiated medical care for clients, assisted clients with job searches/interviews/transportation and assisted in completing applications for the Crime Victims Compensation Program.
- Coordinated with local legal facilities/processes to provide support and transportation to clients for legal aid programs and court proceedings.
- Created and delivered formal training in the community, group and individual settings on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
- Coordinate with Police /Sheriff/ County Attorney offices to ensure charges were filed and Protective Orders were processed and included needed information.
Bachelor Of Science
Associate Victim Advocate Resume
Objective : Associate Victim Advocate focused on learning and acquiring greater knowledge to serve the best in this profession. Proficient in developing new lessons and activities to expand learning opportunities. Well versed with MS Office, Windows and Internet Applications. Effective team player with good communication skills & with an ability to grasp new things quickly.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Quickbooks, Data Entry, Excel, Powerpoint, Research, Typing.
- Assess the safety of the victim and there family and risk of future domestic violence and work with victims in safety planning to minimize future abuse.
- Accompaniment and support survivors through medical and legal proceedings and to refer out military and civilian resources and services.
- Maintained daily communication with high ranking command officials whether in person or by phone or email regarding Marines, spouse, children, and family members in crisis (domestic violence and sexual assault) during or after deployment.
- Daily provided crisis intervention services and triage to assist families of domestic violence and/or survivors of sexual assault.
- Administered weekly and quarterly statistical reports on Microsoft Excel database and provided daily reports on referrals and status of domestic violence or sexual assault survivors to FAP Director.
- Conducted interviews with survivors of spousal abuse, evaluated their needs and risks and provided them with information about domestic violence, safe and confidential ways to seek assistance, their rights as military spouses, if applicable, and the resources and services available to them.
- Caseloads of victim services ranged from 10 to 20 on average.
- Successfully found and applied for new grants that provided more income for the business to expand.
Masters Of Social Work
Victim Advocate In Charge Resume
Summary : Passionate, Dedicated Victim Advocate In Charge and a Development Professional with more than ten years of experience in resource mobilization, program development, management and implementation for the upliftment of the vulnerable communities. Proven ability to represent the clients in complex and challenging environments.
Skills : Case Management, JIS, Casenet, Microsoft Office, Customer Service
- Represented the rights/interests of crime victims before the Department of Corrections and the Board of Probation and Parole with a focus on a victims request for parole denial or parole condition establishment.
- Led the creation of a Critical Incident Response Team within the Board of Probation and Parole, including on-going training curriculum and video, team management and training of leadership.
- Designed, implemented and managed the Mediation Program for Victims of Violent Crime which became subject of a documentary that aired on MSNBC with portions shown on Oprah.
- Drafted various pieces of legislation including the efforts to enhance the capacity of offenders to pay restitution through systemic change in the interlaced operations of the state and county collection systems.
- Chaired the Justice Committee on the Attorney General's Family Violence Task Force and served on multiple boards and committees including the Commission on Crime and Delinquency.
- Developed and Reviewed standards for Victim Services.
- Developed and implemented, in conjunction with the state domestic violence coalition, a Board of Probation and Parole protocol for the supervision of domestic violence offenders.
Master Of Counseling
Case Coordinator/ Victim Advocate Resume
Objective : An Articulate, focused Case Coordinator/ Victim Advocate looking to work in challenging environment with honest and diligent efforts and to perform quality and result oriented work in the legal field by providing and soliciting the best of the knowledge and grow with organizational growth. An accomplished professional who has successfully managed case preparation and Court proceedings.
Skills : Inventory, Answering Phones, Computer Skills, Communication Skills, Data Entry, Organizational Skills.
- Duties included helping victims of all crimes including domestic violence, assault, robbery, sexual assault and child sexual abuse.
- Also answered 24-hour crisis hotline, provided legal and medical advocacy, court accompaniment and assisting in filing claims for reimbursement from the New York State Crime victim's Board for medical bills or stolen property, etc.
- Worked in conjunction with the local hospitals, meeting victims of sexual assault or child abuse at emergency rooms for a forensic exam.
- Provided short-term crisis counseling to clients and safety planning for those in domestic violence situations.
- Attended training on Domestic Violence, HIV Confidentiality law, elder abuse, male sexual assault and cultural sensitivity in the community.
- Member of the Youth and Children's Committee of the Syracuse Area Domestic Violence Coalition.
- Worked to create awareness of youth issues in the community, as well as sponsor training and speakers to educate the staff and other agencies with similar goals.
Bachelors Of Arts
Crime Victim Advocate Resume
Summary : Hard-working Crime Victim Advocate with experience in various settings. Solid background maintaining operations in a fast-paced environment. Combination of strong administrative abilities and excellent communication skills. Team player and outstanding work ethic. Eager to take on new challenges and develop proficiencies.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Management, Leadership Development, Security, Training & Development, Transportation, Communications, Organizational Skills
- Provide victims support, counseling, or referrals related to restoring physical well-being, emotional stability, and victim rights available under state law.
- Extend services and provide a referral to the appropriate community resource and social service agencies, according to the victim's needs.
- Assists the victim, as needed, in filing for applicable compensation, employer communications, funeral coordination, transportation, and related immediate needs.
- Provides assistance to victims who are involved in court proceedings; e.g., orientation to procedures, transportation, and emotional support.
- Provides in-service training to law enforcement personnel in victim services, and designs workshops and conferences for public education, social service agencies, and other municipalities concerning dynamics of victimization.
- Assist in the management of the federal Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) assistance grant awarded to division.
- Work closely with grand coordinators in the administration of Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) and STOP (Services, Training, Officers, and Prosecutors) Violence against Women Formula Grant Program.
Doctor Of Philosophy
Executive Assistant/Victim Advocate Resume
Summary : Executive Assistant/Victim Advocate offering versatile office management skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office programs. Strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change, works independently and as a collaborative team member while exceeding expectations. Able to juggle multiple priorities and meet demanding deadlines without compromising quality.
Skills : Office Management, Records Management, Database And Data Entry, Spreadsheets/Reports, Executive Support, Board Reports, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher. Adobe Reader & Writer. Multi-Line Phone Systems.
- Screen victim and evaluate their needs, providing crisis intervention, information about domestic violence, safe and confidential ways to seek assistance, their rights as victims of spouse abuse and or sexual assault, and services available to them.
- Administer assessment instruments, maintain current information on resources and services, and advise victims, before disclosure of the limited confidentiality rule.
- Provide guidance to the victim as well as notify medical personnel, military police, investigators, attorneys, commands and other helping agencies in military/civilian settings on issues relating to the victim's situation.
- Assess the risk of imminent danger to the victims and work with them to formulate appropriate safety plans, and initiate immediate responses such as recommending Military Protection Orders and other safety measures.
- Respond to emergency referrals after normal business hours, to include a 24-hour duty on call.
- Coordinate and consult with Family Advocacy case managers in developing an appropriate plan of intervention, which provides for the safety of the victim and family members.
- Worked with clients to prepare them for all court proceedings including intakes, depositions, hearings, and trials.
Bachelor Of Science
Lead Victim Advocate Resume
Summary : A highly motivated, results-oriented, Lead Victim Advocate with over nine years' experience in the areas of victim services, early childhood education, family literacy, Christian Education, school reform, and staff development. Seeking a career in social services with opportunities for direct service, counseling, and advocacy work around consumer and environmental issues, where previous experience and training could enhance the professional success and personal growth.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Conflict Resolution, Customer Service, Case Management, JIS, Casenet,
- Provide direct services to diverse crime victim population, including involvement with the criminal justice system.
- Assists victims/survivors of crime and traumatic incidents to regain their physical and emotional well-being by means of intervention and advocacy.
- Provide information on Victim's Rights and Victim Compensation, while assessing the needs of victims and making the appropriate referrals and necessary follow-ups.
- Provides emotional support to victims while assessing immediate needs when applicable (i.e., shelter, clothing, telephone assistance, transportation).
- Makes referrals to appropriate agencies and services within the county; serves as a go-between for victims, survivors, and their families.
- Assists victims with the timely return of property and items of evidence when needed.
- Assist victims and/or their families in completing applications for state victim compensation programs.
- Provide information on and assist victims in obtaining Orders of Protection/Restraining Orders.
Bachelors Of Science
Volunteer Victim Advocate Resume
Objective : Licensed Volunteer Victim Advocate with three years of experience in criminal justice and education fields. Solid interpersonal and communications skills in building key alliances and partnerships, having dealt with a diversity of clients and individuals. Highly organized & dedicated with a positive attitude, able to set effective priorities and handle multiple assignments under high pressure within tight deadlines.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Crisis Intervention, Crisis Management, Case Management, Facilitating, Teaching.
- Respond to requests by law enforcement and other concerned parties to provide crisis intervention services to crime victims and witnesses; conduct death notifications and grief counseling.
- Assist clients in meeting immediate needs including safety, medical care, legal services, food, transport, clothing, and shelter.
- Refer clients when appropriate to other public or private service providers.
- Provide information to victims concerning their statutory rights, procedures of the criminal justice system and facilitate communication with various representatives of criminal justice agencies.
- Maintain contact with victims and witnesses as needed and accompany them to court to provide support and information.
- Serve as liaison between the victims and attorneys and consult with attorneys regarding trial preparation/victim input.
- Assist victims in applying for compensation.
- Perform staff back-up duties; train volunteers in their performance of crisis intervention and court duties.
Victim Advocate Specialist Resume
Headline : Regarded by peers as a level- headed and responsible worker, putting patients' comfort and privacy as a top priority. Proven record of taking initiative in the workplace through optimizing program offerings, and collaborating with other medical and law enforcement professionals to improve client experience.
Skills : Excel, Microsoft Word, 10 Key By Touch, Bilingual Spanish, Bilingual.
- Advocate and provide assistance to victims, act as a liaison for the victim with social services available on the installation or community, ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Utilize a multi-component strategy to link clients with available installation resources as well as state, federal and local services providers.
- Ensure follow up is conducted in order for clients needs being met.
- Maintain professional standards of service, and ensures that the VA program functions are carried out in accordance with governing laws, policies, regulations, and professional standards of service.
- Ensure effective delivery of program services. Provide effectiveness, quality, and efficiency of services, ensure the delivery of comprehensive, integrated services, and prevent or eliminate duplication of services otherwise available through installation or civilian sector resources.
- Conduct professional interactive training workshops/seminars to Soldiers and family members.
- Establish and maintain cooperative, positive working relationships with victims, prosecutors, coworkers, law enforcement personnel, community service providers and the public at all times.
Masters of Science
Certified Victim Advocate Resume
Summary : Certified Victim Advocate seeking a Legal Advocate position in where the skills and knowledge can be used and enhanced to the fullest. To serve the organization with the knowledge and also enhance the skills to have a growth in the same with a long term commitment is the objective. The motive is to be a part of the organization with a willingness to accept responsibilities and achieve challenging goals
Skills : Bilingual, Microsoft Office, Management, Leadership Development, Security, Training & Development
- Provide liaison and coordination between multiple Police Departments, mental health professions, rape crisis centers, and case follow-up.
- Reviews and assesses violent crime reports as reported to the police by crime victims, witnesses, etc.
- Contacts victims of violent crimes (particularly domestic violence); provide information regarding the legal process, resources (i.e. shelter care, treatment and education programs, legal assistance, financial aid), and investigation process.
- Keeps statistical records of victim contacts. Assists clients in filling out and filing protective orders.
- Attend protective order hearings and other court proceedings with the client.
- Provides emotional support and crisis intervention for victims of crime.
- Obtain restitution information from victims and provide alternate means for the victim to be compensated for damages incurred as a result of criminal behavior.
Bachelor Of Science
Victim Advocate Manager Resume
Summary : Victim Advocate Manager possessing an extensive background in successful customer service management, leadership experience, and communication skills. Self-motivated and confident in taking initiative to solve problems independently or with a team in order to achieve goals and deadlines. To develop a vision and work sincerely with the mission assigned to one in an organization involving challenge, teamwork and good working environment.
Skills : Powerpoint, Public Speaking, Microsoft, Counseling, Crisis Intervention, Data Entry, Customer Service, Detail Oriented.
- Prepare Orders of Protection for victims of domestic battery; provided support and advocacy throughout the court process.
- Work closely with detectives on criminal investigations, explain to victims the investigative process and provide support to the victim during interviews with the detective and the Assistant State's Attorney.
- Serve as a liaison between the detectives, Assistant State's Attorney and the victim.
- Share 24-hour on-call rotation with other advocates and respond to a multitude of crisis calls including but not limited to sexual assaults, death investigations, robberies, and domestic batteries.
- Collaborate with community agencies and other advocates as part of several committees and coalitions.
- Provide presentations to organizations on domestic violence and sexual assaults.
- Utilize several different databases to gather court information, police report data and document work completed.
Masters Of Arts