Academic Advisor Resume
Objective : To provide quality work that will utilize my ambition, experience, and education and learn new professional skills Summary of Administrative Professional with: federal and state grant funded and regulated program experience
Skills : Advisor/Student Services, management, customer service, public qualifications relations, trainer, event coordinator,
- Provide guidance to students in setting goals and achieving educational objectives.
- Advised students on program requirements and registered students to the program.
- Developed Student Success Action Plans for students on warning/probation or in need of additional support.
- Encouraged students to facilitate class attendance.
- Coached students on course/program content in degree program of study through degree audits.
- Ensured proper application of University policy and procedures.
- Advised students on a course/program content in a degree program of study through degree audits.
- Validated academic progress and overall degree progress.
Senior Academic Advisor Resume
Summary : Experienced higher education professional with over 10 years of working experience. A dynamic relationship builder, recognized for event coordination and recruitment capabilities, focused on strategic processes that lead to advancement
Skills : Student Advising, Supervising
- Responsible for assisting students with the admissions process including education planning, advisement, entrance to the program, and monitoring graduation requirements
- Maintain applicant information through comprehensive electronic data system as well as input all notes and pertinent information into Salesforce/CRM
- Continuously completing student appointments evaluating official transcripts, review their educational plan, assist with course registration, and maintain scheduled reviews to ensure completion of degrees
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with advisors from community colleges, provide crucial credit transfer information, and deliver classroom presentations
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the admissions and recruitment communication and marketing procedures
- Maintaining monthly tracking reports of pertinent marketing information: activities, events, meetings, and mailings
- Organize and participate in the preparation and presentations for information meetings, student workshops, and student orientations.
Bachelor of Science
Assistant Academic Advisor Resume
Headline : Driven, highly energetic education professional with experience in secondary and post-secondary education. Passionate and dedicated to student development and maximizing learning opportunities in diverse academic settings. Works with precision and initiative to help students achieve their academic goals.
Skills : Microsoft Office (10+ years)
- Work with students with academic concerns and are in jeopardy of SAP dismissal.
- Put students on plans to help them achieve their goals of graduation.
- Work with Department chairs, registrar, SFS, tutoring, and admissions to make sure that customer service always excels.
- Responsible for all Disability Service students that require any assistance with accommodations in the classroom.
- Keep up with all ADA regulations and continue to obtain an education in the field
- Keep all accommodation files within the ADA and CS standards.
- Proctor all Compass assessments for a student who enrolls and students that need to retake assessment for the OTA program.
- Work very closely with the registrar to be diligent with students' needs for scheduling.
Lead Academic Advisor Resume
Objective : An accomplished highly motivated academic advisor and exceptionally dedicated with a superb record of student support and satisfaction. Seeking a position in a challenging, stimulating and a people- oriented environment that will maximize and combine my business acumen and innate leadership mentoring, planning skills to build strong interdependent relationships; Allowing me to empower and achieve personal and professional academic success in the lives of others.
Skills : Technical Proficiency Skills: QuickBooks: College Software: Banner, Campus View, Degree works, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, reports, Track inventory, Prepare and print WPM: 55 (10+ years)
- Assisted students in the successful completion of college education with a focus on providing holistic guidance for at-risk students.
- Enforced Student Academic Progress Policy (SAPP)
- Established methods of persistence and community building.
- Provided guidance for at-risk academic probation and suspension students.
- Attained knowledge of school curriculum and effectively advised students for registration and quarterly course planning.
- Created and implemented an Academic Success program for New Student Orientation to increase student persistence through awareness of student policies and procedures.
- Processed mid-term and final grades along with attendance probation and suspension reports throughout the quarter.
- Co-created the Santa Monica Spring Art Fair; to showcase student art work to the local community.
Graduate Academic Advisor Resume
Objective : Administrative professional with 1 year experience handling faculty, staff, and student concerns. Successful in developing strategies to help regulate office functions. Diversified skills include data/spreadsheet management, coordinating faculty, student, and staff, administrative support, confidentiality, and analytical skills.
Skills : Teaching, Microsoft word, Coordinator (2 years), Educator, Excel, Leadership, Data Entry, Data Analysis, Database Management, Event Planning, Research, Receptionist, Spreadsheets, Sales, Spanish, Powerpoint, Publisher, Data Analysis (2 years), Data Analysis (2 years)
- Provide student counseling regarding curriculum and career choices for an online university with a student base of 30,000 plus.
- Individual caseload varying 1200-1700; ranging from Associate to Doctorate level.
- Provided in-depth analysis/mentoring for at-risk students to provide solutions to common academic barriers.
- Created a partnership and a written plan to promote individual and program success.
- Assisted in the development of course sequencing guidelines, in addition to serving on Graduation committee, Retention Summit Student Panel, NACADA committee, etc.
- Student Services Specialist Provide student monitoring and case management for Associate to Doctorate level with a caseload of 3000-4000.
- Primary focus on building successful relationships, conflict resolution, promoting exceptional customer service, and providing every necessary resource to a student to aid academic success.
- Processed final exams requests, proctor forms, course extensions, etc
Bachelor of Science
Academic Advisor II Resume
Objective : Excellent written and oral communicator, thorough planner, and creative problem solver with strong people skills. Experienced high school and college teacher, coach, student advisor, and event planner, with expertise in writing, editing, and utilizing technology.
Skills : Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) (10+ years), Bilingual: Spanish and English (10+ years)
- Advised students on issues such as course selection, progress toward graduation, and career decisions.
- Registered students for courses and maintained accurate records such as transcripts and program evaluations.
- Conducted student recruitment through open houses, college fairs, and other events.
- Promoted the university by developing partnerships with industry and secondary education institutions.
- Responsible for social media marketing and analytics
- Grew social media following by 9.9% in the first three months.
- Directed a Fall Festival with over 20 participating vendors and advised the Student Ambassadors.
Academic Advisor III Resume
Summary : Recent college graduate with a B.A. in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing seeking a full time position that will enable me to demonstrate my strong organizational skills, customer service experience, and educational background.
Skills : Microsoft Office (5 Years)
- Reviewed credentials of applicants, verifying completion of Liberal Arts baccalaureate degree requirements.
- Decided petitions for course substitutions, waivers, and exceptions to requirements (as Graduation Coordinator).
- Assisted with the college's baccalaureate awards dinner and three diploma ceremonies each year.
- Provided ongoing student advisement during peak registration periods and during orientations.
- Advised and counseled undergraduate students on degree programs, delivering small and large group workshops in a variety of settings.
- Spearheaded advising and registration presentations to 900 new and transfer students during 20 summer orientation sessions.
- Assisted students with course selection, evaluated students for readmission, reinstatement, dismissal, and withdrawal, utilizing critical decision-making skills in varied situations.
- Collaborated with probationary students to implement academic plans, providing workshops in the areas of tutoring, time management skills, and study habits, leading to higher retention and GPAs.
Senior Academic Advisor Resume
Summary : Tenacious, results-driven professional seeking a challenging position that utilizes my experience in education, sales, marketing and business administration.
Skills : Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. (4 years), Marketing Research Experience (Less than 1 year), Integrated Marketing Communications.
- Advise students about academic requirements and selection of courses.
- Review and interpret placement and other standardized test scores.
- Understand graduation requirements for degree, diploma, and certificate programs.
- Assist students with course registration process
- Assist students transferring to four-year institutions in understanding admission requirements and four-year degree plans.
- Serve as an academic advising resource for faculty and staff.
- Refer students to the appropriate specialized staff for issues such as comprehensive counseling, financial, assistance, and study abroad.
- Maintain knowledge of changing institutional information including admissions requirement, new programs, course change, deadlines, important dates and costs.
Student Academic Advisor Resume
Objective : My objective is to obtain a job where I can be a useful asset to the company as well as gain valuable experience to become a stronger employee. My hope is to use my past experiences to further my future career path to provide for my family and myself.
Skills : Plan, Design, And Perform Research (3 Years), Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, And Excel (8 Years), Photography (4 Years), Child Care (4 Years)
- Counsel students regarding educational issues such as course and program selection.
- Prepare students for later educational experiences by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Provide students with information on such topics as college degree programs and admission requirements, and financial aid opportunities.
- Data entry of personal student information and records
- File and maintain records.
- Greet persons entering an establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Assisted students in course selections for current and future semesters.
Bachelor of Science
Academic Advisor Resume
Summary : Restaurant management for over 10 years. Retail sales for 5 years. Student academic work for 4 years. Like to work with the public and to have a leadership role to inspire fellow co workers to do their best.
Skills : writing, editing, screenwriting, Final Draft 9, Microsoft Office
- Established and maintained relationships with high school students and their families regarding their progress towards graduation via phone, email, and some personal contact.
- Part of the leadership team for a state-mandated testing process; responsible for organizing staff participation, collecting student data, informing families of dates and locations, and monitoring attendance to report to the state.
- Fulfilled guidance counseling duties in regards to the college application process, student transcripts, scholarships.
- Assisted in other facets of the company, including recruitment and marketing opportunities.
- Involved in a number of committees including Student Council, Graduation, State Testing, Open House, and Retention Efforts.
- Utilized many areas of technology, including internet, student information system, and Microsoft Office.
- Created, managed, and maintained documents pertinent to job duties on a regular basis.
- Assets from this position: Organization, ability to prioritize time and efforts efficiently, work extremely well with others as a team, leadership skills, and initiative to engage students/families/ coworkers in a positive learning environment.
BA in Psychology