Assistant Underwriter Resume
Objective : Assistant Underwriter with over 4 years of experience in the Finance domain. Customer service experience. Enthusiastic, creative and willing to assume increased responsibility.
Skills : Microsoft Office Applications, Risk Management, Customer Service, Detail-oriented, Proactive, Project Management
- Wrote or called agents to obtain further information, quoted rates, binding information, and other necessary supporting documents needed.
- Gathered and assessed the background information in order to effectively assess the risk involved.
- Gathered the information and various types of reports (e.g. Financial reports, loss history) from agents.
- Specified the conditions to be imposed on different types of policies, for example on a fidelity crime policy verify checks and balance system is in place, etc.
- Operated the office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, scanner, phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Set up and maintained paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Arranged the conference, meeting, or travel reservations for some office personnel.
- Performed a variety of tasks, such as collecting client data from clients seeking our insurance.
Junior Assistant Underwriter Resume
Objective : Enthusiastic, analytical, motivated Junior Assistant Underwriter with 2 plus years of experience with great attention to detail seeking a position with a focus on Insurance Underwriting. Expert in juggling multiple projects and achieving on-time completion, while sustaining high levels of professionalism, accuracy, and speed. Resourceful and flexible, able to adapt to challenging priorities and retain a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
Skills : People, Strong Leadership, Advanced Computer In: Word, Excel, Outlook, Experience In Sales & Retail
- Actively offering assistance and guidance to coworkers regarding new procedures and the implementation process.
- Assisting the coworker's diffuse problems and aid them with their responses to the client.
- Viewing as a team leader and consistently offer support and coaching to fellow employees.
- Handling the incoming and outgoing phone calls in a professional and appropriate demeanor which facilitates a customer service atmosphere.
- Proactively identifying the problems to ensure the appropriate steps are taken to remedy the situation and reduce the occurrences.
- Supporting the senior staff in the making of new documentation standards and policies, ensuring the necessary supporting documentation from clients is obtained in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Quotes, binds, invoices and issues policies for new and existing agents while providing prompt customer service.
- Reviewing and inspecting endorsements in an expedited and timely manner to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Identifying the risk for existing policies and prior to inputting new business in the carriers system to ensure accuracy.
- Developing and maintaining the relationships through responsive service, phone calls or email.
Senior Assistant Underwriter Resume
Summary : Senior Assistant Underwriter with 8 plus years of experience in the Finance domain is seeking a challenging position that will take advantage of my experience and acquired skills in customer services to positively influence company operations, performance, and profitability.
Skills : Problem Solving, Critical Thinker, Fully Bilingual: Fluent Spanish Speaker/Writer, Creative Writer, Excel In Client Relationship Development, Proficient In Training And Development, Active Listening, Courteous Demeanor.
- Processing (property-casualty) new business/renewals and endorsements for assigned accounts and handles basic underwriting analysis for some routine new business applications.
- Entering all risk and exposure information into underwriting rating system.
- Rating and underwriting guidelines to calculate premiums which adequately reflect applicants exposure all while remaining within given underwriter authority.
- Maintaining the records of Property Casualty (PC) losses, endorsements or other pertinent information on assigned accounts.
- Understanding the key components of common products in the property-casualty line of business or insurance segment.
- Running the daily report to identify new endorsement requests that need reviewed for authority and missing information to log accordingly.
- Interacting with the customers by phone or provide customer service for personal lines of insurance and ensured the best service possible.
Assistant Underwriter Resume
Headline : Assistant Underwriter with 6 plus years of extensive experience working in a college office environment. Proven leadership and managerial skills working with diverse groups of people. Mesa College Ambassador for five years straight at a local college. Known for punctuality, dedication, and commitment to continuous recruitment and retention of prospective students. Demonstrating managerial skills working in a higher education facility.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Editing, Quality Assurance, Inventory Management, Data Entry, HTML, Video Editing, Customer Service, Drawing, Performance Poetry
- Providing administrative support to multiple underwriters, including monitoring email correspondence, and completing administrative tasks to expedite the underwriting process.
- Utilizing the technology to compute rates and premiums for all endorsements and cancellations, verify and transmit information.
- Servicing all accounts, including resolving agents inquiries, complaints, requests, and policy processing activities within guidelines.
- Gathering information and completing tasks to support the underwriters.
- Submitting bound out of state policies to the NCCI for proof of coverage.
- Populating and/or reviewing the underwriting risk analysis information and providing any other informational documentation necessary for the underwriter to make determinations on submitted applications.
- Preparing and processing the binds, issuance, endorsements, and cancellations during the policy period.
- Ordering the Experian reports (credit check) for quoted business as necessary.
- Answering the producer's questions and concerns, training producers regarding procedures, product knowledge, and underwriting guidelines. Inputting last minute submissions into our system for the underwriter to review.
- Following up with producers and/or CSRS on all quoted business to ensure the bind.
Assistant Underwriter Resume
Objective : Young, energetic and highly ambitious Assistant Underwriter with 2 years of experience is looking for a long-term, goal-oriented position. Most importantly, looking for growth potential within a reputable organization.
Skills : Account Management, P&C Insurance, Microsoft Products, Marketing, Sales, Customer Services
- Supported the underwriters and agents in accessing the breadth of products and markets.
- Bind risk, post the invoice and process technical data into conception as well as other on-line formats.
- Screened the renewal applications, perform some of the underwritings and prepared the quotes for underwriter approval.
- Maintained producer files including distribution of marketing brochures and mailing contract information to new producers.
- Followed-up for any outstanding information needed to complete the underwriting file.
- Ordered and followed-up on inspections and referral for the underwriter as necessary.
- Managed a book of business by analyzing the policy, identifying errors and making sure pricing is accurate for the client.
Assistant Underwriter I Resume
Summary : Assistant Underwriter I with 13 plus years of experience is seeking to obtain a position that includes challenge, growth, benefits and a competitive pay scale. I am a highly motivated person with great communication skills. I am seeking a position that will allow me to utilize my skills and experience.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Excel, WordPerfect, Crystal Reports, Freedom (Accounting System), Web AR, ParkMaster, ICAMS (Policy System), SYS36 (Policy System), AS400 (Policy System), MediPro (Medical Software), AFW-online/AMS Data Center (Policy System), NEMIS, WebNemis, WIP, Typing, 10-Key
- Completing the consultations, analysis, calculations and any supplemental worksheets and matrix.
- Creating submissions, quotes, rate accounts, order loss control inspections, bind proposals.
- Assisting the voluntary market by handling client calls regarding the payment history, future billings, losses, verifying proper licensing and accessing applicant data.
- Reviewing the payrolls, audits, loss history, experience mod, and safety reports in order to price accounts accordingly.
- Communicating with the agents on competition, safety concerns, pricing and documentation necessary to process an account for new business or renewals.
- Basic understanding of audit, claims, safety, pst and accounting in order to research specific problems on an account.
- Processing new business submissions and coordinated distribution of submissions.
- Tracking all incoming submissions and organized all documents in the document management system.
Assistant Underwriter Resume
Summary : Talented insurance Assistant Underwriter with 8 years of ex[eirnece adept at evaluating, classifying, and rating each risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing.
Skills : Peachtree Accounting Complete, Quick M-D (Medical System), Basic Medical Coding Experience, Geaux Underwriting Management System, real safe, Audit Unplugged, Saferstat, Great Communication, Quick Learning Abilities
- Accepted, modified or rejected risks based on a review of business in terms of loss experience, inspection reports, file information, web resources, policyholder tenure and the nature of the risk in accordance with company guidelines.
- Amplified customer satisfaction by meeting company processing standards and executing a precise and thorough review of all work processed.
- Identified, evaluated and presented alternative policies and compliance information to management.
- Reviewed borrower loan documents and work with originating underwriter to approve mortgage loans for borrowers located throughout the united states.
- Managed the department file rushes to meet or exceed our 48 hour turnaround time.
- Assisted the department Director on escalated files and ensured turnaround times are met for each Underwriter in the department.
- Reviewed the newly issued policies for items that are needed, and follow up with insureds as needed.
Assistant Underwriter III Resume
Summary : Reliable, responsible and very dedicated Assistant Underwriter III with 19 plus years of experience in the Finance domain who has the ambition to succeed in any given environment. Quick learner and am always up to a challenge in whatever the situation. Efficient, detail oriented and work well with others. Seeking a position where I can develop and excel while giving my best to an employer.
Skills : Underwriting, Excel, MS Office, Commercial Insurance, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point
- Rating the quote all new and renewal commercial lines business for various products within the company.
- Reviewing the account loss history state guidelines for renewal provide recommendations for pricing, renewal and/or non-renewal.
- Maintaining the coverage and exposure changes within the speed of service and standard operating procedures set forth by the company.
- Processing, includes but is not limited to; binding, issuing and invoicing, follow ups, cancellations reinstatements, non-renewals, endorsements, certificates and proof of insurance, order/review.
- Answering the direct insureds, agency, and internal phone calls, assist in the explanation of coverages.
- Assisting in the training of co-workers and departments as directed by management.
- Issuing the polices once rated and approved by lead underwriters, in accordance with underwriter and company specifications.
Assistant Underwriter II Resume
Summary : Results-driven Assistant Underwriter II with over 17 plus years in the Insurance Industry and financial experience in corporate and government settings. Specialist in areas of Commercial Insurance, cash management, account maintenance, banking and data entry. Meticulous attention to detail and devoted to ensuring accurate and quality standards.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, TA2000. Insurance Programs: ImageRight, Agency Information Manager, Online Banking Systems Proficiency, Wachovia Data Transmissions And First Connect.
- Reviewing, submitting, and quoting the new business for the non-profit Directors and Officers community association applications for the distinguished program.
- Reviewing, submitting, and quoting the renewals for all non-profit Directors and Officers distinguished program and non-profit Great American program.
- Kept the daily communication with clients regarding all aspects of account inquiries including renewal application(s) status, outstanding subjectivities, affidavits, etc.
- Updating and maintaining the excel renewal spreadsheets for the professional lines department.
- Working with the professional underwriters and department on a daily basis.
- Processing of policies and endorsements -checking for accuracy, updating / documenting aim/IR, billing and sending to the Agent.
- Handling the notice of cancellations/reinstatement notices - checking to see if XSB was paid, making sure carrier receives payments prior to NOC date, updating/documenting in aim/IR and notification to agents.
Assistant Underwriter Resume
Summary : Assistant Underwriter with 18 plus years of experience in the Finance domain. Strong experience in the analytical and problem-solving environment. Hard-working team player with great communication skills and a perfect attendance record. Excellent time management and organizational skills; able to work independently. Effectively deal with high customer expectations and establish positive relationships.
Skills : Proficient In Microsoft Office, Agency Works, Insurance Quoting Software, Publisher, Print Shop, Exact Target And Constant Contact
- Underwriting new and renewing the accounts for assigned territory or specially assigned accounts.
- Corresponding with insureds or agents to obtain additional information.
- Verifying application information if necessary, determining appropriate rate classes and assigning proper rates.
- Responding to customer inquiries, requests, and coverage questions.
- Performing the duties of an underwriter to answer policy and underwriting questions as well as to take down information.
- Coordinating the facultative reinsurance coverage and pricing with reinsurers on new and renewal business when necessary, due to the type of exposure or limits of liability.
- Promoting the consistency amongst underwriting teams by contributing knowledge and soliciting feedback relative to underwriting philosophy and company goals.
- Maintaining the confidentiality with discretion and integrity with both internal and external information.
- Processed cancellations, endorsements, notices of non-renewal, renewal notices and loss run requests for all policies written by the company.