Senior Buyer Resume
Summary : Certified Senior Buyer who obtains and provides the best quality, cost reduction, and on-time delivery, ultimately achieving Total Quality Management for the organization. Experienced Buyer professional with strong leadership and relationship-building skills. 7+ years' experience in purchasing, manufacturing environment. Purchased a variety of raw materials that served the oil and gas industry. Accounts Payable knowledge. To secure a position within a company that will provide challenge, an impact scope, team environment, and growth opportunities.
Skills : Windows XP, MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) Lotus Notes, Outlook, Oracle, Catia, Enovia, ERP And SAP Systems
- Obtaining the products and services needed for the company with the most suitable quality to meet those needs at the lowest long-term total cost.
- Performing all general purchasing, direct purchasing, indirect purchasing activities necessary to support engineering, R&D, weld engineering, corporate office, and the manufacturing plants.
- Working with engineering and other groups to develop and execute strategies for tooling sourcing and purchasing.
- Reviewing engineering drawings and confirming category match based on supplier capability.
- Preparing and execute RFQs to approved suppliers for quotations and lead time.
- Reviewing, comparing and analyzing quotes, then issue POs upon approval of senior management.
- Negotiating on pricing, payment terms, lead time, delivery due date and/or other options available.
- Analyzing and evaluating quality, cost, delivery, development, management and financial.
BA in Management
Assistant/Associate Buyer Resume
Objective : Buyer/ Logistics/ RMA Coordinator with over 3 plus years of experience who is able to build strong supplier relationships, negotiate cost savings, match supply to material requirements while increasing inventory turnover and eliminating line down situations. Have working knowledge of JD Edwards purchasing system, Excel and Microsoft Word. Have excellent communication and relationship building skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Oracle, Dynamics S/L, People Soft, Great Plains, ADP, Solomon, RTMS, Discoverer,
- Ordering parts and services for offshore drilling rigs cost-efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Ordering for six drilling rigs at a time entering purchase orders and requisitions in Oracle or Soloman systems.
- Arranging logistics of goods and personnel via helicopters, freight services, boats, and hotshot trucks.
- Familiarization of vendor trucking routes and schedule in order to avoid unnecessary hot shot charges.
- Practicing smart utilization of hot shot trucks when absolutely necessary.
- Maintaining budgets for CapEx projects by utilizing reporting functions.
- Running open purchase order and receipt reports, comparing them to rig inventory, and resolving discrepancies with vendors.
- Working closely with tool pushers to maintain min/max levels of equipment on the rigs.
- Maintaining all testing and certifications required for safety equipment such as fall blocks and wireline ordered through our facility.
Associate Of Arts
Professional Buyer Resume
Summary : Professional Buyer/Master Data Coordinator with over 10 plus years of purchasing experience with major firms in the Aerospace-Defense and Power industries. Extensive knowledge in all areas of supply management including vendor selection process, contract negotiations, quality, and delivery performance and long term purchase agreements. Solution-focused executive, successful at building organizations, offering expertise in strategy development, change management, training leadership, execution at national and international levels.
Skills : Microsoft Office Office, Quick Learner, Team Player, Purchasing, Problem Solving, Adaptability, Strong Work Ethic, Time Management, Handling Pressure
- Responsibilities include procurement and expediting goods and services for natural gas compression packaging projects.
- Commodities include but not limited to procurement of engines, coolers, compressors, control panels, instrument & electrical materials, and all mro requests.
- Providing purchasing support to warranty and commissioning departments within the company.
- Managing, purchasing and controlling material flow to meet production demand and lead time.
- Developing and maintaining effective supplier relationships that support company goals of high schedule reliability, reduced material lead times, high-quality reliable delivery performance and favorable pricing.
- Utilizing the MRP system to gather data, analyzing outputs, and making recommendations of materials/ supplies to meet commodity strategy to support cost, quality, delivery, supplier reduction, and sourcing goals.
- Responsible for the management of purchase order records in the MRP system.
- Leading the execution of commodity and supplier procurement strategies to meet company goals and project, quality and engineering requirements.
AAS in Business Administration
Purchasing Buyer Resume
Summary : Total of 25 years of experience working as a Purchasing Buyer. Highly skilled in planning, organizing and procuring merchandise. Solicitation of bids. Hands-on experience in coordinating and negotiating with suppliers to ensure the highest quality of products at the lowest price. Thorough understanding of quality and delivery protocols in compliance with requirements. Strong purchasing background with excellent communication. Recognized for driving results, managing multi-departmental performance, innovative thinking, and risk-taking. Skilled at leading multi-location teams and adapting to challenging and rapidly changing environments.
Skills : PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office, Purchasing And E-Procurement, Customer Experience Management, Effective Communication And Leadership Development
- Responding to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes or cancellations.
- Contacting suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other issues, review requisitions, orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Preparing, maintaining and reviewing purchasing files, reports, and price list to compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Contacting the university and hospital departments regarding the requisitions and giving them updates about the orders and merchandise deliveries.
- Maintaining a good relationship with the customers and providing them excellent customer service.
- Collecting W-9 and ACH information from the new vendors to put on the database before approving them as vendors.
- Interacting and working closely with vendors to obtain desired products on time examine, select and purchase at the best price- merchandise consistent with quality, specification requirements and other factors.
- Negotiating prices, discount terms and transportation arrangements for merchandise.
Master's in Economics
Associate Buyer Resume
Headline : Associate Buyer with 6 years of experience providing professional knowledge and procurement services to facilitate the acquisition of supplies and equipment in a timely manner in which standardization, cost-effective programs and buying groups are adhered to. To obtain a position as a Purchasing Agent in an organization where my experience in procurement and expertise in dealing with goods and services will be fully utilized to maximize efficiency. My proficiency in my vocation, organizational and interpersonal skills will provide a positive and significant contribution to a company that is ready to utilize my expertise.
Skills : Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, And PowerPoint. AS400 And LaserVault Systems, Excellent Visual And Written Communication.
- Maintaining open communication while partnering with cross-functional teams to meet a tight deadline for the store launch.
- Leading merchandising discussions on a weekly basis and managing open to buy to adequately fill separate stand-alone and shop-in-shop budgets for 80 stores.
- Overseeing product assortments across multiple franchise partners including Greece, Romania, Russia, Sweden, and South Africa.
- Developing business relationships with each partner to help support growth by analyzing weekly performance results and evaluating competitive landscapes.
- Collaborating with franchisees on pricing and promotion strategy including permanent markdowns that coincide with financial targets.
- Preparing and executing an assortment building process during tri-annual buy trips by the franchise.
- Refining product range based upon ongoing financial analysis of sales, margin, best sellers, poor performers, and markdowns.
- Developing international only product as an opportunity to fulfill specific market needs and further increase revenue.
- Assuring product standards are appropriate for franchisees and communicating any legal, testing or quality control requirements to vendors and global buying teams.
MBA in Business Administration
Warehouse Manager/Buyer Resume
Summary : A process oriented Warehouse Manager/Buyer with an ability to manage purchasing processes, supervise staff and provide services to organizations that provide public services. Key strengths include management, scheduling, training, and problem resolution. Highly effective in motivating and directing employees. Exceptional ability to assess and resolve issues while encouraging input from others. Focuses on maintaining a positive team environment, thereby ensuring the provision of excellent customer service.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Bilingual, PeopleSoft, Lawson ERP/SAP ORACLE
- Responsibilities include processing approved purchase orders for supplies, equipment, and services using an ERP system.
- Placing orders with vendors by telephone, fax, EDI or by other computer systems.
- Preparing and processing all required documentation pertaining to the purchase of goods and services using various computer-based systems.
- Ensuring orders are placed with correct vendors and methods of shipment and terms of payment reflect accurate information.
- Verifying order confirmations using a variety of methods (phone fax, EDI, ERP).
- Confirming contractual pricing and notifying contract agents of pricing discrepancies, discontinued items or expired agreements.
- Initiating backorder resolution and facilitates the expediting of approved product substitutes for customers.
- Modifying purchase orders as necessary based on basic research, the direction of management in prescribed methods while ensuring that all information is documented in the ERP system.
- Assisting with the resolution of discrepancies or problems that prohibit the timely ordering of goods and services.
Masters Of Public Administration
International Buyer Resume
Summary : Buyer/ Planning Associate offering excellent communication and computer skills. Meets deadlines and works with a high level of multicultural awareness and adaptability. Over 12 years of retail management experience demonstrating impressive sales, visual merchandising, while enhancing the customer service experience. Strong communicator, coach, team leader, and problem solver. Fostered teamwork in a comfortable and productive working environment. Always going the distance and taking the initiative to ensure the business exceeds expectations and sustaining customer satisfaction.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Symix Data Entry, Lean Manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma, Purchasing, Materials Management, Production Management, Assembly, Forklift Operator
- Creating, managing and directing purchase orders on a weekly basis to guarantee the timely arrival of products to all warehouse locations.
- Managing and communicating out of stock positions of all products in the categories they replenish.
- Managing weeks of supply at each warehouse.
- Working with Category Managers in planning and projecting the expected needs of the store locations for Holidays and Fearless Flyers.
- Maintaining weekly fill rates in an effort to achieve 100% delivery of stock ordered by our store locations.
- Analyzing market conditions, statistical data, and interviewing vendors. Reviewing catalogs and other sources and materials to obtain information on items for purchase.
- Preparing and issuing the lease, rental and maintenance contracts. Responsible for continuous improvement in procedures for bid solicitation, bid analysis, issue of purchase orders and awards of contracts.
- Tracking, expediting, and coordinating deliveries. Tracking expenditures for projects and other major requirements.
High School Diploma
Material Buyer Resume
Summary : Results driven Assistant Buyer / Merchandise Coordinator. Over 15 years of purchasing experience for manufacturing, distribution and retail industries. Demonstrated results in cost reduction. Manage new projects within fast-paced environments. Self-motivated Buyer seeking a challenging career opportunity that will utilize analytical and problem-solving abilities, inventory and materials management expertise, and communication skills. Learns new technologies and concepts quickly, leads and supports others, and works effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Skills : B2B, Technical Sales, Account Management, Inventory Management, Cost Reduction, Procurement, Process Improvement, Contract Negotiation, Supplier Relationship Management
- Researching inventory records to determine if parts on hand are in the sufficient or excess quantities, developing action plans to rebalance the demand versus supply position.
- Recommending schedule maintenance based on an analysis of the information contained in the facts purchasing system.
- Maintaining appropriate records to support material acquisition decision and to perform related analyses as needed.
- Using a combination of internal tools and reports, while communicating with CRM and suppliers, to effectively expedite the delivery of the product.
- Managing SRN's with assigned catalog product group to enable a timely disposition of the non-conforming product.
- Managing cost accountability process related to assigned catalog groups.
- Negotiating adjustments involving the replacement of items not conforming to purchase specifications and ensuring appropriate credit is received.
- Coordinating with supply chain management to ensure the maintenance of proper inventory levels.
- Leading and motivating the team of assistant buyers through personalized training activities.
BS in Business Management
Corporate Buyer Resume
Summary : Corporate Buyer with over 10 years of experience in industrial and retail purchasing. Achieved a reputation of being knowledgeable, tenacious, task and customer service oriented. Able to quickly build strong fellow employee and vendor relationships. Especially skilled at providing internal and external customer satisfaction. Amicable but firm when necessary. Loyal and focused on learning the nuances and details of any task to execute it successfully in an expeditious manner.
Skills : Inventory Management, Purchasing, Tax Preparation, General Ledger, Negotiation, Budget Proposals, Benchmarking, E-Learning, Customer Service, Management, Warehousing
- Facilitated and managed projects which are related to all components, packaging, and services.
- Regularly attended Marketing meetings and provided input on business strategy.
- Executed timely business decisions to ensure operations are not adversely affected.
- Managed the day-to-day needs of a Product Line used at multiple facilities.
- Controlled and followed-up on redundant and obsolete materials.
- Participated in brainstorming across various facilities.
- Validated information, executed the implementation of new suppliers and lead sourcing events as needed.
- Acted as a liaison between facilities and suppliers including following up on claims.
- Attended daily/weekly cross-functional meetings to assist Marketing/R&D in the development and implementation of new products or product changes.
- Facilitated weekly calls, published meeting recaps, and follow-ups as needed.
- Prepared and analyzed month-end inventory turns reporting to assist plants with continuous turn improvement.
MBA in Finance
Buyer II Resume
Headline : Dedicated Buyer/ Planning Associate specializing in logistics coordination, vendor relations, and inventory management. Organized and proactive with remarkable project management, communication, and planning abilities. Seeking job with advancement potential in need of leader skilled at reducing costs and increasing department efficiency. Highly motivated, results-oriented professional possessing exceptional management and leadership skills. Well-organized with demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize work, completing concurrent tasks and assignments within given time constraints.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, ERP And MRP Systems, IQMS System Intuit, JD Edwards Purchasing System
- Placing purchase orders with vendors while effectively managing raw material inventory levels.
- Coordinating the seamless introduction of new products and materials to manufacturing.
- Reviewing production schedule and materials requirements planning reports daily to ensure assigned materials are available to support the plant production schedule.
- Managing the assigned raw material inventory level to meet corporate turn goals.
- Reviewing and releasing open manufacturing work orders for outside processing or as assigned.
- Verifying material availability, communicating with customer service and marketing any problems and or issues with meeting customer demand.
- Reviewing the acknowledgments for agreement with purchase orders and resolving any discrepancies with the supplier to the best possible advantage for this organization.
- Following-up or expedite orders as necessary to meet schedules.
- Keeping the Procurement Manager informed of all activities or problems and submitting reports as requested by management.
Bachelors Of Administration