Certified Peer Support Specialist Resume
Objective : Peer Support Specialist position is designed for an individual who has been in receipt of mental health services for serious mental illness, chemical dependency, or behavioral health intervention during adolescence and is willing to share and use their experiences, knowledge, and first-hand insight to the benefit of the clients served.
Skills : 50/55 wpm, Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power.
- Acted as an integral member of the Recovery and Supported Employment Team.
- Provided a role model for persons enrolled seeking supported employment services, other staff members, and service providers in the supported employment process.
- Shared personal experiences of recovery to build a sense of hope in the recovery and supported employment process.
- Assisted in the development of a culture of recovery and peer support by engaging in and supporting peer relationships.
- Worked with clients served to assist them in the development and implementation of an individualized and integrated Supported Employment Service plan.
- Engaged appropriately with persons enrolled to support them in identifying strengths, existing supports, and community resources.
- Supported those enrolled in obtaining individualized goals through building and strengthening of linkages with community resources and family members.
Sr. Certified Peer Support Specialist Resume
Objective : Worked with a wide variety of clients including inmates and the homeless. providing early intervention, crisis management, group and individual counseling. Conducted assessments per DSM and assigned corresponding treatment levels per ASAM. Created a relapse prevention module which reduced recidivism, initiated a family program to help understand the nature of this disease and develop a support system.
Skills : Working Knowledge Of Microsoft Office, TARGET, Medline.
- Screened clients for CD and/or mental health issues and refer to appropriate staff for intake.
- Provided individual counseling, write/revise treatment plans and monitor progress.
- Assisted clients with applications for SSI and SSDI, connect them with medical facilities and legal assistance.
- Worked as part of a team to provide wraparound services.in the medical and behavioral health fields Accomplishments Handel crisis situations and de-escalate emotions to achieve a peaceful resolution of disputes.
- Dissuaded clients with suicide ideation from acting on verbal threats, call crisis line as needed.
- Promoted change in clients using motivational therapy and redirect their negative views to enable them to make positive life choices.
- Identified psychotic symptoms in clients and determined if in imminent danger; transported clients to St.
Jr. Certified Peer Support Specialist Resume
Headline : Results-oriented, high-energy, hands-on professional, with a successful record of accomplishments in different areas. Major strengths include strong leadership, excellent communication skills, and competent, strong team player, attention to details, dutiful respect, as well as supervisory skills including hiring, termination, scheduling, training, complaint handling/dispute resolution, payroll and other administrative tasks.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher; Outlook; Photoshop CS6 And Elements; Photomatix; Viveza 2, HDR EfexPro 2, Color Efex Pro 4.
- Provided peer support services to clients with serious mental illness and/or substance abuse issues.
- Served as a consumer advocate, providing consumer information and peer support for clients in outpatient and settings.
- Assisted clients in articulating client goals in one-on-one and group settings.
- Assisted clients in working with their case manager or treatment team in determining the steps he/she needs to take in order to achieve these goals and self-directed recovery.
- Assisted clients in setting up and sustaining self-help mutual support groups, as well as means of locating and joining existing groups.
- Assisted clients in building social skills in the community that will enhance job acquisition and tenure.
- Provided support services to adult clients in a variety of settings.
Certificate In Human Services
Certified Peer Support Specialist III Resume
Headline : PSS functions as a fully integrated team member to provide expertise about the recovery process, symptom management, and the persistence required by clients to have a satisfying life. The PSS collaborates to promote a team culture that recognizes, understands, and respects each clients point of view, experiences, and preferences.
Skills : WRAP Facilitator, Forensic Peer Support Specialist.
- Completed whatever mental health paths are in the individuals Individual Treatment Plan.
- Provided pertinent resources necessary according to individuals goals and treatment plan.
- Teached Budgeting and Parenting classes.
- Promoted to current position with the ICT program.
- Responsible for inputting case notes into company computer system dairy.
- Maintained effective, pro-active, and superior follow-up communication with patients, providers, office staff, and ancillary departments within CSC and community.
- Maintained individual schedule of assigned patients.
Bachelor Of Arts
Certified Peer Support Specialist II Resume
Summary : To utilize all qualifications and skills accumulated over the years to promote independence in myself and others. Target Job: Desired Job Type: Collection Specialist Desired Status: Full-Time Desired Salary: Open for discussion Site Location: High Point, NC Description of my perfect job: Being able to utilize abilities along with NCCPSS certification.
Skills : Production, Social Service, Billing, Training, Customer Service, Data Entry, Documentation, Operations, Receptionist.
- Served individuals who are challenged by mental illness.
- Worked with peers in the community on a daily basis to advocate for them, create Wellness Recovery Action Plans with them, teach coping skills,
- Encouraged independence, and link to community resources for housing, medical, educational and employment needs.
- Commended by superiors for being a "fast learner" and exhibiting the ability to accommodate the diverse needs of my peers.
- Worked with clients in individual and group settings, providing them the opportunities to learn basic skills of daily living.
- Provided peer coaching and mentoring in individual and/or group settings.
- Provided recovery, education and support to individuals with serious and persistent mental illness and/or substance addictions.
Certified Peer Support Specialist I Resume
Summary : Energetic and resourceful Peer Support Specialist with more than five years of experience working with various in Social Service settings. Seeking to contribute relevant experience in the Human Service field that offers ample skill utilization and growth opportunities.
Skills : Typing, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Data Entry, Utilizing Email, Ordering Office Supplies.
- Engaged families and consumers to help them/loved ones to be successful and meet their goals.
- Assisted clients in developing the perspectives that promote resiliency and facilitate recovery.
- Modeled personal responsibility and self-care.
- Teached coping/life skills.
- Shared own experiences in appropriate ways.
- Performed a wide variety of tasks to assist clients's wellness.
- Communicated effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Established and maintained effective working relationships with others at all times.
Bachelors In Human Services
Assistant Certified Peer Support Specialist Resume
Summary : Detail-oriented Curriculum Designer, Training, and Certified Peer Support Specialist, with over 15 years of experience. Major strengths in instructional design, development of instructor led training for individuals with both physical and developmental challenges, and championing recovery through meaningful, strength-based peer interaction.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word.
- Strength-based, wellness-centered peer support from the perspective of both lived and shared experience.
- Effectived coping techniques and self-help strategies.
- Serviced and supported to meet the preferences and unique needs of both Veterans, and their families.
- Demonstrated mastery of group dynamics and strategies for promoting positive group interactions.
- Championed effective communication skills and professionalism in the use of information delivery modalities.
- Advocated for consumers by providing consumer information in terms that consumers and families can understand through various formal and informal settings.
- Assisted with targeted outreach, medication monitoring, system navigation, and advocacy.
Certified Peer Support Specialist/Analyst Resume
Headline : An energetic individual who does not shy away from a challenge. An employee who always puts forth maximum effort and is not afraid to put in the hours and work necessary to achieve results.
Skills : Effective Writing And Communication Certificate; Typing 65-70 WPM; Word, Excel, Lotus, Outlook And Access; Defibrillation, Certified Med.
- Provided Peer Support and guidance to MHMR and D&A patients in a five county area.
- Collected personal, financial and medical information in order to determine patients' need.
- Analyzed collected data and prepare treatment plan for patient.
- Investigated patients' area to collect and present agency information to patient to assist patient in locating and obtaining housing, food, medical and dental treatment, legal assistance and MHMR assistance.
- Assisted in preparing and enabling the patient to function independently using life skills and social skills.
- Prepared information and material for mediating group sessions with residents.
- Encouraged patient participation in individual and group sessions to improve communication, coping and life skills.
Certified Peer Support Specialist/Representative Resume
Headline : Energetic and resourceful Peer Support Specialist with more than five years of experience working with various in Social Service settings. Seeking to contribute relevant experience in the Human Service field that offers ample skill utilization and growth opportunities.
Skills : Typing, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Data Entry, Utilizing Email, Copying/faxing Documents, Answering Telephones.
- Encouraged individual to complete a Wellness Recovery Action Plan.
- Looked at new triggers, stressors or changes in daily life.
- Provided opportunities for peers to direct their own recovery process.
- Promoted the knowledge of available service options, groups, books and activities pertinent to the individual's recovery process.
- Used peer support to build mutually supportive relationships that allow each person to grow and learn together.
- Managed conflict and disagreements according to agency and peer values.
- Provided one-on-one support to people in the community, at their homes, and/or at the location where the peer works.