Patient Service Specialist Resume
Objective : My goal is to secure a position with a well established organization with a stable environment that will lead to a lasting relationship with the company and use my work experience as an asset for the company.
Skills : microsoft office, Typing, Communications.
- Provides clerical support for an assigned department or area and coordinates daily patient activity.
- Provides clerical support to ensure department or area efficiency.
- Promptly answers and screens phone calls for the area, routing calls as appropriate within established customer service guidelines.
- Ensures availability and completeness of medical records.
- Coordinates with physician the completion of charge documents for effective billing of services.
- Promptly and accurately files ancillary results in medical records and routes for appropriate follow through.
- Accurately completes orders for billing purposes in accordance with computer system protocol, CPT criteria, and regulatory guidelines.
- Promptly obtains and verifies patient insurance.
Patient Service Specialist II Resume
Objective : Accomplished business professional with experience in operations, finance, medical insurance, business expansion, product development, and distribution. Expert in customer service such as conflict resolution and effective communication. Persuasive and tenacious leader with a proven track record in achieving positive business results by developing strategic business alliances, identifying new markets and developing business processes.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Email, Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Greets and registers patients in a timely, professional and customer-focused manner.
- Ensures thorough completion of all necessary patient forms with appropriate signatures and copies of insurance cards.
- Validates accuracy of all information provided by patient.
- Provides direct, professional, and knowledgeable interactions with patients, physicians, referral sources, and the treatment team.
- Maintains patient confidentiality regarding access to patient and other clinical information via email, computer, fax and mail Collects patient co-payment and related fees for supplies and services and provides receipts.
- Maintains all necessary functions of co-pay and related fee transactions, including co-pay log/deposit slip, collection and safe storage of monies, transmission of log with receipts to accounting.
- Tracks and obtains ongoing insurance verification/authorization information from payers and communicates this data to patient, admission staff and treatment team.
- Responsible with treatment team to ensure appropriate authorizations, prescriptions and certifications are in place prior to patient treatment session.
BS In Applied Sociology
Patient Service Specialist III Resume
Headline : Dedicated Customer Service Professional motivated to maintain customer satisfaction and contribute to company success. Core Strengths Strong organizational skills Excellent telephone etiquette Sharp problem solver Strong communication skills Courteous demeanor Expert computer proficiency Energetic work attitude Great time management.
Skills : Medical Billing, Clerical, Management, Customer Service, Banking.
- Completed multiple calls daily to inform patient of financial responsibility to the hospital and try to collect amount owed.
- Took payments from patients privately and securely.
- Completed and exceeded daily and weekly goals in the department.
- Defused volatile customer situations calmly and professionally.
- Managed a high call volume with great professionalism and phone etiquette.
- Explained individual benefits and insurance plans to patients.
- Provided accurate and appropriate information in response to customer inquiries.
High School Diploma
Patient Service Specialist/Call Center Resume
Summary : To obtain a permanent position to apply my versatile administrative skills within and/or clinical Medical Assistant skills assisting with patient care procedures, medical clerical duties as assigned that can help master and build upon communication and clerical expertise while preparing for opportunities of advancement within.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Adobe, Customer Service, Multi-Line Phone System, CAD, Dispatch, Patient Scheduling, Data Entry, Public Safety, Omnixx, Social Networking.
- Maintained efficiency of staff and scheduling appointments with physicians accordingly.
- Provided support to various departments and ensured efficiency of work.
- Monitored and screened all phone calls and worked according to customer service guidelines.
- Managed and ensured accuracy in all medical records.
- Coordinated with physicians and prepared all billing service documents.
- Ensured completion of orders for billing process according to computer system protocol.
- Evaluated patient information from vendors.
Associates In ECE/Nursing
Patient Service Specialist I Resume
Summary : Over 14 years' experience in the Administrative field. Demonstrated ability to meet the needs of patrons. Dependable, reliable, hardworking, multitasker who is recognized for long hours and commitment, attention to detail, professionalism and follow-up. Works well with a team or independently.
Skills : EPiC, Microsoft Office, EMR.
- Manages the Patient Service center ensuring it runs efficiently.
- Provide support to physicians, billing, clinical staff and most importantly, the patient.
- Coordinates with clinical staff and obtained all required documents.
- Manages and ensures accuracy in all medical records.
- Adheres to check in and check out procedures.
- Provides friendly and efficient telephone services.
- Registers patients in EMR system, verifies demographics and updates accordingly.
Patient Service Specialist Lead Resume
Objective : Knowledge of the concepts, principles, methods and systems that encompasses administrative duties; the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment; and solid organizational skills. Possess strong communication, interpersonal relationship skills, and flexibility to work with changing instructions. Self-motivated individual with the desire to acquire new skills.
Skills : Knowledge of facility procedures, Patience, A personable demeanor.
- Functioned as Patient Service Specialist; utilized strong verbal communication skills.
- Worked collaboratively with, and interacted in a professional manner at all times with personnel, internal and external, office personnel.
- Organizing, planning, and prioritizing office duties while maintaining highest level of customer service and meeting patients' needs.
- Scheduled patient appointments as well as medical staff meetings.
- Prepared documents for patients to complete.
- Checked patient eligibility for services or programs.
- Prepared read ahead documentation for staff meetings and management.
Certification In Prep Course
Patient Service Specialist/Assistant Resume
Summary : I am a dedicated and driven person who has worked in the customer service field for over ten years. I also have experience as a patient service specialist for a period of a year and half. I truly feel that in order to succeed you have to be a team player, a responsible individual and detailed oriented. I am open to learning new skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, DAR, Soarian Financials, Customer Service, Patient Relations.
- Coordinated with physician the completion of charge documents for effective billing of services.
- Accurately and promptly scheduled, rescheduled and cancelled physician.
- Accurately completed orders for billing purposes in accordance with computer system protocol, CPT criteria, and regulatory guidelines.
- Promptly obtained and verified patient insurance information.
- Maintained and updated physician same day appointment books and promptly notified patients of any changes.
- Ensured appointments were correctly linked to the correct case, guarantor and insurance scheme.
- Coordinated patient needs to facilitate patient care planning activities and create a positive experience for the patient.
- Coordinated and directed patient flow at the control desk.
Patient Service Specialist/Representative Resume
Headline : To help the company grow and expand using my experience as Patient Service Specialist. Years of experience in the field helps me to improve and to help the business grow and advance.
Skills : Human Resources, Well Informed With Computers, Can Type 55 Wpm.
- Prepared for HIPAA reviews, ensuring required brochures and pamphlets were available to patients in all clinics.
- Maintained patient privacy and confidential patient information.
- Recorded and filed patient data and medical records.
- Directed patient flow during business hours minimizing patient wait time.
- Acquired insurance authorizations for procedures and tests ordered by the attending physician.
- Scheduled patient appointments Completed registration quickly and cordially for all new patients.
- Provided administrative support for clinic and physicians.
Diploma In N/A
Sr. Patient Service Specialist Resume
Headline : Seeking a challenging position within a progressive organization where I can utilize my years of experience in business operations, and office administration to help you achieve and sustain your current and future goals and aspirations.
Skills : Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, Centricity Business.
- Scheduled patient appointment and incoming referrals for the Adult Medicine Clinic(AMC), Foot Clinic, Med Ops Consult Clinic and Psychiatric Services after reviewed by the Providers.
- Entered on going referrals into the EPIC referral system after obtaining insurance authorizations.
- Processed DSHS evaluations, L&I claims, consults and physician orders requested from community agencies.
- Processed and tracked Release of information forms.
- Coordinated with the Business Office Supervisor (BOS), Patient Care Coordinator(PCC) and the Nurse Manager III, to adjust Provider templates and reschedule patients when necessary for absences, conferences, meetings or continuing education.
- Assisted the Business Office Supervisor in the process of submitting the daily professional fee sheets and facility documents.
- Gathered all charge documents daily for patient encounters, reviewed and reconciled EPIC schedule with fee sheets.
- Reviewed and submitted weekly ACE reports to the Business Office Supervisor and Nurse Manager III to alert them of missing and rejected fee sheets.
Patient Service Specialist II Resume
Headline : To demonstrate and expand my skills as a professional in an established business or academic setting. In such a position I would apply my leadership, administrative, and lived experiences for the betterment of the company or institution through scholarship, while expanding my own knowledge and administrative skills.
Skills : Time management, organization skills, customer service, cash handling, typing and other computer skills, multitasking, confidentiality assurance, soft skills, and working individually and in a group setting.
- Managed front office administration and patient services for leading physical therapy provider.
- Focused on patient support, both in-person and via telephone; scheduled appointments for physician care and related ancillary services; updated patient records; and processed patient payments based on insurance coverage.
- Provided comprehensive support to patients, including anticipating and addressing needs, problem-solving areas of concern, and connecting patients with appropriate resources.
- Knowledgeable about major insurance providers; capable of evaluating patient records and health care plans and communicating with insurance provider to verify coverage parameters.
- Created weekly reports on appointment and patient trends for upper management.
- Processed patient co-payments based on scope of insurance coverage.
- Provided resources for financial assistance when necessary.
BS In Health Services
Jr. Patient Service Specialist Resume
Objective : Patient Service Specialist is responsible for providing patient service to the medical community. Their primary role is to provide and maintain a high level of patient care including, but not limited to, managing patients in a timely manner, following up on issues and concerns with their care providers, and ensuring that their patients are satisfied with their care.
Skills : Customer Service, Microsoft Office, Copy & Fax Machines, Taking Inventory, Answering Phones/ Taking Messages/ Transfering Calls, Multiline Phones.
- Analyzed call volume and average call time to monitor Customer Service Representative performance and productivity.
- Tracked the progress of all outstanding insurance claims.
- Worked closely with patients before, during and after dental procedures.
- Designed a dental report card that explained patients' dental health status and treatment plans.
- Maintained clear, organized dental records and reports.
- Verified patients insurance policies for future appointments.
- Entered numerical data into databases in a timely and accurate manner.
High School Diploma
Patient Service Specialist/Analyst Resume
Headline : Organized, enthusiastic quick study with great ability to multitask and problem solve seeks an opportunity to customer service and office clerical. I would like to do this job because I believe with my strong communication skills This would be a good position for me. Also, being that I am a people person with great phone etiquette, and have the experience needed to get the job done.
Skills : CLERICAL, MEDICAL, COSTUMER SERVICE.
- Provided customer service and processed copayments based off of patient insurance coverage.
- Politely check in and out patients by verifying patient identification and insurance information within healthcare guidelines.
- Collected copayments based off of patient insurance coverage.
- Ensured physician's schedule is accurate and scheduled, rescheduled and canceled appointments each day.
- Collected clinic weekly performance data and arranged weekly staff meetings.
- Interpreted physician orders to correctly order ancillary tests in accordance with current CPT criteria.
- Submitted authorizations and referrals to health insurance companies for specialty pediatric care.
- Referred patients to other medical providers for specialty services if ordered by physician.
Medical Assistant Program