Congressional Intern Resume
Objective : Congressional interns assist with a wide variety of administrative tasks. They write correspondence, handle mail and manage phone calls.
Skills : Legislative Staff, Policy Issues.
- Attended and took notes during meetings for the Senate Finance Committee, Banking Committee, Budget Committee.
- Obtained experience drafting constituent letters, legislation research, conducting tours, working with members and staff.
- Recorded an hour-long weekly sports radio show with a co-host discussing relevant sports topics.
- Volunteered for Alachua County School Mentor Program and Habitat for Humanity.
- Assisted in casework on Social Security cases; Attended briefings and meetings; Completed research as needed.
- Drafted correspondence, handled mail and manage phone calls; Served as a liaison for the first district.
- Assisted in preparing daily reports for the Congressman, including but not limited to media reports, legislation research and polling.
Congressional Intern/Executive Resume
Objective : Primarily interested in reporting on the relationship between business and government, and the ways in which they influence and affect each other.
Skills : Illustrator, In design, Technical Skills.
- Responsible for fielding the phone calls of constituents and provided Congressman Flores with briefs about what the phone calls were about.
- Tasked with attending certain legislative hearings and writing memos to the congressman about the primary points that were discussed.
- Congressman Flores ran for chairman of the Republican Study Committee during an internship.
- Helped create lists of representatives in the RSC, and called many of their offices in order to help the congressman secure their votes.
- Elected chairman by the committee, which was the result of months of coordination, diligence, and teamwork.
- Curated daily news briefings on the district, state, national and international levels for the office staff.
- Transcribed interviews for the office's Press Secretary. Also conducted Capitol tours for visitors to the congressman's office.
Congressional Intern II Resume
Headline : Able to produce quality content under tight deadlines, and understand the needs of difficult customers to help them feel satisfied with the organization.
Skills : Communication Skills, Management.
- Helped interview and verify the veracity of constituent claims as part of the Congresswoman's initiative to combat assault.
- Coordinated the scheduling of events, and booked locations for constituent meetings.
- Gave critical insight into Veterans immigration policies and the effect of service center delays on asylum, K1, K3 Visa applications.
- Drafted press releases for distribution in national and local newspapers for legislation on raising awareness against sexual assault.
- Helped implement community outreach strategies to boost local support for the congresswoman.
- Participated in the dissemination of relevant information to constituents.
- Assisted in corresponding with over constituents of the Silicon Valley Congressional District of California.
- Addressed various constituent concerns, conducted legislation research and assisted Field Representatives with drafting daily responses to constituent inquiries.
Congressional Intern I Resume
Objective : Experience in customer service with the ability to multi-task. Detail-oriented and self-motivated. Quickly able to problem solve and make decisions.
Skills : Management, Critical Thinking, Motivational Skills.
- Worked knowledge of special government software called Signal CRM, proficient in drafting correspondence, casework and greeting letters to constituents.
- Proficient in administrative skills such as Microsoft office, list building, telephone etiquette, and interacted with the staff of high-level government officials.
- Responsible for handled confidential documents.
- Worked on many team projects and assisted in congressional event organization and planning.
- Received daily communication from the staff Press Secretary about the Congressman's current message.
- Assisted in cataloging newspaper articles, including clipping, organizing and scanning into the computer distribution system.
- Responsible for detailed weekly readings on government policy and programs.
Jr. Congressional Intern Resume
Objective : Strong interest in community and global issues that pertain to the community Outgoing, motivated, results-oriented student with proven success in performing multiple tasks.
Skills : Technical Skills, Decision Making Skills.
- Developed knowledge of public policy and government program functions.
- Handled confidential constituent files and records associated with salary, medical benefits, vital records, and financial information.
- Engaged in outreach projects such as job fairs, field trips to area business and organizations, preparations of letters to constituents.
- Specialized government data systems (CRM), scanner, faxes, copiers, intranet systems.
- Gained insight into government programs: Immigration, social security, travel warnings, and veterans' benefits.
- Established frequent communication with constituents to develop their cases.
- Recorded constituent opinions on issues communicated via telephone, email, and in person.
- Participated in Government briefings via webinar and teleconference formats.
Master Of Arts
Congressional Intern/Analyst Resume
Objective : Ability to effectively complete multiple tasks while maintaining a professional demeanor in a fast paced environment.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Problem Solving Skills.
- Served as the first point of contact for all office visitors and directed matters to various Federal, State, and City resources.
- Answered incoming calls on a multiple-line system responding to constituent needs in a customer service-like manner.
- Assisted in event planning and fundraiser activities to raise awareness of the Congressman's ongoing initiatives and platforms.
- Researched, commented, and responded to appropriate legislative initiatives about constituents' concerns.
- Drafted and edited documents using all Microsoft Office applications.
- Performed other administrative and customer service related responsibilities as assigned daily.
- Encountered high levels of direct contact with constituents.
Associate Of Arts
Congressional Intern/Co-ordinator Resume
Objective : Experience and passion for community organizing, policy, database building, GIS mapping, writing, research, and networking.
Skills : Office Assistant, Customer Service.
- Processed and scanned daily news publications for the Congressman's viewing.
- Processed and submitted constituent questions and concerns to the congressmen.
- Assisted in writing and mailing constituent letters of reply from the congressman.
- Compiled mass mailings for events and other interests of the congressman.
- Assisted congressional staff in any casework.
- Assisted during congressional fundraisers, programs, dinners, town hall meetings, and other miscellaneous events.
- Analyzed policy on the Air Force's A-10 program, illegal immigration concerns, and fuel costs.
- Prepared summaries on Congressional briefings, sessions, and bill activity for senior staff.
Asst. Congressional Intern Resume
Objective : Assist with a wide variety of administrative tasks. They write correspondence, handle mail and manage phone calls.
Skills : Management, Communication Skills.
- Opened and distributed incoming mail to staff. Undertook various other support staff duties.
- Assisted with writing House Floor statements for the Congressional Record.
- Researched and collected information for legislative appropriations.
- Typed and updated press list as needed for town hall meetings and press releases in the Member's district.
- Contacted various federal agencies through mail/email/telephone and fax to resolve constituent cases.
- Assisted in public relations for the Congressional District.
- Communicated with various members of Congressional Staff Drafted letters in response to constituent inquiries.
Lead Congressional Intern Resume
Summary : To obtain a full-time position that allows to interact with and provide excellent service for all guests.
Skills : Management, Risk Management.
- Logged constituent correspondence and ensured the timely issue of response letters for a Congressman.
- Composed letters in response to constituent inquiries, in order to address their questions and concerns.
- Compiled material to assemble data into proper formats for reports.
- Aided office staff in compiling data to utilize in their casework.
- Maintained Excel database of constituent data and casework progress reports (Inter-office data-sharing network).
- Provided clerical support to office casework managers. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Recorded and organized calendar. Assisted with press releases.
Associate Congressional Intern Resume
Objective : Able to multi-task priorities and meet deadlines ahead of schedule without compromising quality. Participating in briefings by Congressional committees with their constituents or stakeholders on policy issues impacting the U.S. economy and financial markets.
Skills : Process Management, Communication Skills.
- Directed and answered phone calls from local constituents and government officials.
- Received feedback for Congressman to provide local information to the district inhabitants.
- Created spreadsheets and databases for over people living in the district.
- Responded to over a congressional inquiries to constituents in District.
- Participated in multiple voters events involving the campaign.
- Collaborated with executive members of the campaign office to promote social media strategies.
- Interacted with constituents to ensure their needs were met within the District.
Congressional Intern Resume
Objective : Motivated college graduate seeking an employment opportunity to gain experience in public policy while utilizing education, communication and organizational skills.
Skills : Organizing, Policy Development, Fundraising, Event Planning.
- Received and organized constituent phone calls, letters, and emails.
- Greeted and assisted visitors to the district office. Contributed ideas at weekly staff meetings.
- Recorded constituent concerns on Intranet Quorum.
- Assisted staff members with receiving, organizing, and filing constituent coursework pertaining to immigration, housing, and veteran's affairs.
- Drafted letters pertaining to said coursework.
- Assisted in planning and organizing a job fair by coordinating with Minnesota employers.
- Staffed the Congressman at various events.
Bachelor Of Arts