Congressional Intern Resume
Objective : Congressional interns assist with a wide variety of administrative tasks. They write correspondence, handle mail and manage phone calls.
Skills : Legislative Staff, Policy Issues.
- Attended and took notes during meetings for the Senate Finance Committee, Banking Committee, Budget Committee.
- Obtained experience drafting constituent letters, legislation research, conducting tours, working with members and staff.
- Recorded an hour-long weekly sports radio show with a co-host discussing relevant sports topics.
- Volunteered for Alachua County School Mentor Program and Habitat for Humanity.
- Assisted in casework on Social Security cases; Attended briefings and meetings; Completed research as needed.
- Drafted correspondence, handled mail and manage phone calls; Served as a liaison for the first district.
- Assisted in preparing daily reports for the Congressman, including but not limited to media reports, legislation research and polling.
Congressional Intern/Executive Resume
Objective : Primarily interested in reporting on the relationship between business and government, and the ways in which they influence and affect each other.
Skills : Illustrator, In design, Technical Skills.
- Responsible for fielding the phone calls of constituents and provided Congressman Flores with briefs about what the phone calls were about.
- Tasked with attending certain legislative hearings and writing memos to the congressman about the primary points that were discussed.
- Congressman Flores ran for chairman of the Republican Study Committee during an internship.
- Helped create lists of representatives in the RSC, and called many of their offices in order to help the congressman secure their votes.
- Elected chairman by the committee, which was the result of months of coordination, diligence, and teamwork.
- Curated daily news briefings on the district, state, national and international levels for the office staff.
- Transcribed interviews for the office's Press Secretary. Also conducted Capitol tours for visitors to the congressman's office.
Congressional Intern II Resume
Headline : Able to produce quality content under tight deadlines, and understand the needs of difficult customers to help them feel satisfied with the organization.
Skills : Communication Skills, Management.
- Helped interview and verify the veracity of constituent claims as part of the Congresswoman's initiative to combat assault.
- Coordinated the scheduling of events, and booked locations for constituent meetings.
- Gave critical insight into Veterans immigration policies and the effect of service center delays on asylum, K1, K3 Visa applications.
- Drafted press releases for distribution in national and local newspapers for legislation on raising awareness against sexual assault.
- Helped implement community outreach strategies to boost local support for the congresswoman.
- Participated in the dissemination of relevant information to constituents.
- Assisted in corresponding with over constituents of the Silicon Valley Congressional District of California.
- Addressed various constituent concerns, conducted legislation research and assisted Field Representatives with drafting daily responses to constituent inquiries.
Congressional Intern I Resume
Objective : Experience in customer service with the ability to multi-task. Detail-oriented and self-motivated. Quickly able to problem solve and make decisions.
Skills : Management, Critical Thinking, Motivational Skills.
- Worked knowledge of special government software called Signal CRM, proficient in drafting correspondence, casework and greeting letters to constituents.
- Proficient in administrative skills such as Microsoft office, list building, telephone etiquette, and interacted with the staff of high-level government officials.
- Responsible for handled confidential documents.
- Worked on many team projects and assisted in congressional event organization and planning.
- Received daily communication from the staff Press Secretary about the Congressman's current message.
- Assisted in cataloging newspaper articles, including clipping, organizing and scanning into the computer distribution system.
- Responsible for detailed weekly readings on government policy and programs.
Jr. Congressional Intern Resume
Objective : Strong interest in community and global issues that pertain to the community Outgoing, motivated, results-oriented student with proven success in performing multiple tasks.
Skills : Technical Skills, Decision Making Skills.
- Developed knowledge of public policy and government program functions.
- Handled confidential constituent files and records associated with salary, medical benefits, vital records, and financial information.
- Engaged in outreach projects such as job fairs, field trips to area business and organizations, preparations of letters to constituents.
- Specialized government data systems (CRM), scanner, faxes, copiers, intranet systems.
- Gained insight into government programs: Immigration, social security, travel warnings, and veterans' benefits.
- Established frequent communication with constituents to develop their cases.
- Recorded constituent opinions on issues communicated via telephone, email, and in person.
- Participated in Government briefings via webinar and teleconference formats.
Master Of Arts
Congressional Intern/Analyst Resume
Objective : Ability to effectively complete multiple tasks while maintaining a professional demeanor in a fast paced environment.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Problem Solving Skills.
- Served as the first point of contact for all office visitors and directed matters to various Federal, State, and City resources.
- Answered incoming calls on a multiple-line system responding to constituent needs in a customer service-like manner.
- Assisted in event planning and fundraiser activities to raise awareness of the Congressman's ongoing initiatives and platforms.
- Researched, commented, and responded to appropriate legislative initiatives about constituents' concerns.
- Drafted and edited documents using all Microsoft Office applications.
- Performed other administrative and customer service related responsibilities as assigned daily.
- Encountered high levels of direct contact with constituents.
Associate Of Arts
Congressional Intern/Co-ordinator Resume
Objective : Experience and passion for community organizing, policy, database building, GIS mapping, writing, research, and networking.
Skills : Office Assistant, Customer Service.
- Processed and scanned daily news publications for the Congressman's viewing.
- Processed and submitted constituent questions and concerns to the congressmen.
- Assisted in writing and mailing constituent letters of reply from the congressman.
- Compiled mass mailings for events and other interests of the congressman.
- Assisted congressional staff in any casework.
- Assisted during congressional fundraisers, programs, dinners, town hall meetings, and other miscellaneous events.
- Analyzed policy on the Air Force's A-10 program, illegal immigration concerns, and fuel costs.
- Prepared summaries on Congressional briefings, sessions, and bill activity for senior staff.
Asst. Congressional Intern Resume
Objective : Assist with a wide variety of administrative tasks. They write correspondence, handle mail and manage phone calls.
Skills : Management, Communication Skills.
- Opened and distributed incoming mail to staff. Undertook various other support staff duties.
- Assisted with writing House Floor statements for the Congressional Record.
- Researched and collected information for legislative appropriations.
- Typed and updated press list as needed for town hall meetings and press releases in the Member's district.
- Contacted various federal agencies through mail/email/telephone and fax to resolve constituent cases.
- Assisted in public relations for the Congressional District.
- Communicated with various members of Congressional Staff Drafted letters in response to constituent inquiries.
Lead Congressional Intern Resume
Summary : To obtain a full-time position that allows to interact with and provide excellent service for all guests.
Skills : Management, Risk Management.
- Logged constituent correspondence and ensured the timely issue of response letters for a Congressman.
- Composed letters in response to constituent inquiries, in order to address their questions and concerns.
- Compiled material to assemble data into proper formats for reports.
- Aided office staff in compiling data to utilize in their casework.
- Maintained Excel database of constituent data and casework progress reports (Inter-office data-sharing network).
- Provided clerical support to office casework managers. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Recorded and organized calendar. Assisted with press releases.
Associate Congressional Intern Resume
Objective : Able to multi-task priorities and meet deadlines ahead of schedule without compromising quality.
Skills : Process Management, Communication Skills.
- Directed and answered phone calls from local constituents and government officials.
- Received feedback for Congressman to provide local information to the district inhabitants.
- Created spreadsheets and databases for over people living in the district.
- Responded to over a congressional inquiries to constituents in District.
- Participated in multiple voters events involving the campaign.
- Collaborated with executive members of the campaign office to promote social media strategies.
- Interacted with constituents to ensure their needs were met within the District.
Congressional Intern Resume
Objective : Motivated college graduate seeking an employment opportunity to gain experience in public policy while utilizing education, communication and organizational skills.
Skills : Organizing, Policy Development, Fundraising, Event Planning.
- Received and organized constituent phone calls, letters, and emails.
- Greeted and assisted visitors to the district office. Contributed ideas at weekly staff meetings.
- Recorded constituent concerns on Intranet Quorum.
- Assisted staff members with receiving, organizing, and filing constituent coursework pertaining to immigration, housing, and veteran's affairs.
- Drafted letters pertaining to said coursework.
- Assisted in planning and organizing a job fair by coordinating with Minnesota employers.
- Staffed the Congressman at various events.
Bachelor Of Arts