Court Reporter Resume
Headline : Our court system has provided with a living for the last thirty years. Coming from a family of attorneys has been an advantage and made experience as an independent court reporter more stimulating and satisfying.
Skills : Microsoft office, Phone/communication.
- Processed over 3, 000 powers of attorney, 500 legal actions, and 4,400 notaries serving over 6,000 Soldiers.
- Groomed and mentored 2 junior Soldiers in the court reporting field who successfully completed training.
- Certified Defense Records Management Supervisor.
- Maintained 100 percent accountability of over $100,000 worth of court reporting equipment.
- Drafted court reporter standard operating procedure guide ensuring consistency and accuracy of section products.
- An integral part in the coordination, preparation, design, and setup of a proposed courtroom upgrade that would allow courts-martial to proceed more efficiently and securely.
- Performed professional, technical work to record a verbatim accurate report of all Superior Court proceedings ranging from criminal, civil, L and I, personal injury, family court, divorce proceedings, child hearsay hearings.
Sr. Court Reporter Resume
Summary : Over the course of the last 25 years the majority of expertise has been in the Legal Profession in some capacity. Employed as a Legal Secretary/Paralegal in offices that represent both criminal and family law matters.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Wordperfect, Transcribing, Odyssey, Case Tracking.
- Reported court proceedings, managed exhibits during trials and evidentiary proceedings and pleadings, controlled court's calendar while staying within statutory guidelines, assisted with Attorneys and Defendants/parties and assisting with on-camera interviews with children.
- Managed office and court staff, tracked time-sheets/vacation approval/sick time and personally assisted Judge.
- Transcription of court proceedings for submission as evidence and Appellate procedures and meeting statutory filing requirements on both the local and Appellate Court levels.
- Conducted discussions with Judges, Prosecutors, Attorneys, and other courts and their staff.
- Reviewed legal documents for statutory requirements and proper content before submitting to judge for signature, issued orders and completed proper paperwork necessary for transportation of persons in custody.
- Prepared court rulings after specific hearings taken under advisement, trials and final hearings.
- Developed the handling of the caseloads for all Domestic Relations, Paternity, and CHINS cases.
Certificate Of Completion
Jr. Court Reporter Resume
Headline : Many years of experience as a court reporter so have a well-rounded vocabulary and strong grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills. Looking for customer service or office work.
Skills : Computer Skills, Customer Service, Excel, Microsoft Office, Mathematics.
- Process more complex hearing cases where analysis of pertinent issues and interpretation of the provisions of the laws, regulations, rulings, precedents, policies, procedures and guidelines relative to the cases is necessary.
- File a legible transcript of records of a court case with the court clerk's office.
- Provide transcripts of proceedings upon request of judges, lawyers, or the public.
- Record verbatim proceedings of courts, legislative assemblies, committee meetings, and other proceedings, using computerized recording equipment, electronic stenograph machines.
- Respond to requests during court sessions to read portions of the proceedings already recorded.
- Transcribe recorded proceedings in accordance with established formats.
- Organize and prioritize the daily court schedule in accordance with statutes, court rules, administrative orders, and operational policies; Ensure that all recording equipment is tested and in proper working order prior to the beginning of court sessions.
Asst. Court Reporter Resume
Headline : Able to develop valuable skills such as communication, computer literacy, team work, organization and customer service. Bilingual, reliable, responsible, dependable, honest employee. A strength of mine is the ability to learn new skills quickly.
Skills : Sales, Typing, Editing, Reporting, Communications, Wordperfect, Word Processing, Event Planning, Internet Research, Research.
- Carefully managed accounts by adhering to a highly selective calendar of events.
- Responsible for meeting the demand of all applicable parties by originating conclusive, verbatim transcripts of legal proceedings, meetings, and depositions while integrating proper spelling and punctuation.
- Worked closely with hearing officers at the Texas Department of Insurance Division of Workers Compensation to produce edited transcripts of record.
- Coordinated efforts with attorneys and judges to produce the highest quality transcripts that were often used in court cases.
- Responsible for gathering, organizing and keeping track of evidence submitted during depositions.
- Recognized by the manager for completing tasks in a timely and professional manner.
- Reported depositions and hearings, transcribed the same, prepared transcripts using computer-aided transcription.
- Attending hearings, keeping detailed notes, uploading files.
Associate Court Reporter Resume
Objective : Accomplished management professional with over 20 years of exceptional customer service experience in both the public and private sectors: local and international. Dedicated Quality Assurance trainer, effective communicator, innovative program developer and administrator. Able to effectively coordinate new programs for departmental projects to support financial growth.
Skills : Word, Excel, Power point, Spreadsheets, Pivot Tables, 225 wpm.
- Attended events that required written transcripts.
- Recorded spoken dialogue with specialized equipment, such as covered microphones.
- Edited transcripts for typographical errors.
- Translated transcripts from English to Spanish and from Spanish to English.
- Provided copies of transcripts and recordings to the courts, counsels, and parties involved.
- Assisted judges and trial attorneys by organizing the official record and searching for information in it.
- Took a verbatim record of all court proceedings and filed transcripts in accordance with State guidelines.
Certified Court Reporter Resume
Summary : An experienced court reporter and PBX (Switchboard Operator). Broad knowledge base in the legal system and also have superior clerical skills.
Skills : Licensed Court, Reporter.
- Accurately take down depositions and court proceedings stenographically and scope them and produce them for attorneys as needed.
- Effectively book and confirm upcoming jobs with attorneys.
- Handle all client customer service issues that may arise and handle them effectively.
- Proofread all transcripts before they go out to the attorney to ensure proper grammar rules are followed and errors are corrected.
- Possess a knowledge base of courtroom procedures.
- Worked as a freelance court reporter, reporting numerous depositions dealing with medical malpractice, employment law, hearings, and arbitrations.
- Able to use real-time writing for the attorneys and for the deaf or hard of hearing.
Court Reporter III Resume
Objective : Proven ability to utilize inspiring leadership, personal drive, creative vision, and analytical skill to yield successful delivery of both team and individual goals, actively contributing to organizational growth.
Skills : Proofreading, Medical Terminology, Legal Administrative Support.
- Appeared at court hearings and depositions to record proceedings verbatim.
- Completed a variety of paperwork relating to hearings and depositions.
- Made use of a vast network of computer programs.
- Proofread courtroom and deposition transcripts, checking for errors and inconsistencies using MS Office.
- Helped conduct in-field training of other court reporters.
- Communicated with lawyers, judges, witnesses, and other professionals on a regular basis in order to create the most perfect transcript possible.
- Reassigned to the bronx county grand jury performing all court reporter related functions.
Court Reporter II Resume
Summary : Dedicated professional with over 30 years experience as a Court and Hearing Reporter and Legal Secretary. Notary Public. Ability to concentrate and focus for long periods of time. Very detail oriented and consistently produce error-free work.
Skills : Paralegal, Court Reporter.
- Managed and provided courtroom support for multiple military command judicial jurisdiction.
- Transcribed verbatim and summarized public records of the trial.
- Arrange court reporter schedules in order to man court-martial requirements.
- Trained new court reporters on the procedures, regulations, court-martial terminology, and courtroom management techniques.
- Trained new military attorneys on courtroom procedures and Rules of Court for the 3rd Judicial Circuit.
- Manage court reporter timesheets using interactive office systems.
- Entered timesheet and attendance per pay period.
- Handle all client customer service issues that may arise and handle them effectively.
Court Reporter I Resume
Objective : Quality-focused, committed to approaching administrative tasks with tenacity and attention to detail. Continually maintains a positive attitude while interacting with clients. Dedicated to continuous process improvement.
Skills : Stenographer, Editing.
- Made a stenographic record of appeals, motions and pretrial agreements.
- Received and placed telephone calls to clients and prospective clients.
- Obtained signatures from attorneys for legal documents.
- Researched statutes, decisions, legal articles and codes.
- Reviewed, edited and proofread legislation for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting.
- Worked as a team with attorneys and administrative assistants.
- Took deposition proceedings and courtroom proceedings on shorthand machine, and then transcribed them into a readable transcript format.
Associate Of Applied Science
Court Reporter Resume
Summary : Quality-focused, committed to approaching administrative tasks with tenacity and attention to detail. Continually maintains a positive attitude while interacting with clients. Dedicated to continuous process improvement.
Skills : Motivated, Self-disciplined, Delegation Of Work, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Attention To Detail.
- Arranged for over 25 witnesses to travel for court-martial proceeding.
- Developed a tracking system for records of trial.
- Developed comprehensive standing operating procedures.
- Maintained accountability for over 50,000 dollars in automation and office equipment.
- Maintained accountability for records of trial and classified documents.
- Oversaw maintenance and upkeep of the courthouse.
- Coordinated with multiple paralegals to ensure preparation of pretrial documents.
- Trained subordinates on use of Video Teleconference system.