Objective : Demonstrated achiever with exceptional knowledge of Linguistics and teaching English as a Second Language. Strong teaching background combined with fluency in English and French. Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, working well under pressure, and communicating ideas clearly and effectively. Extensive computer training, including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Quark. Enthusiastic and experienced in overseas travel and work.
Skills : Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, FinalCut Pro X, Digital Photography, WordPress/SEO, Blox CMS, Drupal, Film photography and darkroom printing, Professional use of social media: Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube.
- Established an energy finance news desk in New York City to broaden SNL Energy's coverage of the U.S.
- Initiated and spearheaded an aggressive effort to develop Wall Street and industry contacts in the renewable, power, natural gas, midstream and coal sectors.
- Conducted regular interviews and built and maintained an extensive network of sources.
- Identified and developed emerging stories.
- Worked autonomously while coordinating regularly with multiple news desks.
- Vetted third-party news to assign to colleagues.
- Reported and wrote news articles for SFChronicle.com and The San Francisco Chronicle.
B.A. In English
Entertainment Reporter Resume
Objective : Writting proprietary content on a wide range of subjects, including energy capital markets, federal environmental legislation, renewable tax incentives, quarterly earnings, mergers and acquisitions and company-specific issues.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Planning Skills.
- Condensed large blocks of information into readable text.
- Submitted weekly submissions of publishable work.
- Utilized social media for live event broadcast.
- Managed and created appointments for interviews.
- Edited work for publication and wrote deadline briefs and standard articles.
- Had 20 standard articles published in a newspaper with circulation of 12,000.
- Used Writing, reporting, interciewing, researching, editing, critical thinking, handling deadlines, social media, and keeping records via multimedia.
Bachelor's In Journalism
Staff Reporter Resume
Headline : Motivated Reporter offering exceptional writing and copyediting skills, as well as in-depth knowledge of newsgathering and publishing tools and technologies. Accomplished in research, interviewing and reporting with advanced knowledge of newsroom computer systems. Is successful in developing feature articles, short stories, editorial pieces and broadcast scripts. Strong technical command of the English language and familiarity with a wide range of writing styles.
Skills : Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, DSLR Video, Television Script Writing, Television Directing, Television Technical Directing.
- Promoted to Reporter after just 2 months with The Goldendale Sentinel.
- Wrote and published 100 print and 100 exclusively online pieces over a short period of 9 months.
- Wrote factually correct, concise and engaging news stories within tight deadlines.
- Gathered and verified factual information regarding stories through interviews, observation and research.
- Introduced fresh and new angles on previously-reported material to update and inform readers.
- Simplified topics such as healthcare, energy, government and technology through clear, concise and compelling writing.
- Traveled to location to write reviews from firsthand experience.
Senior Reporter Resume
Objective : A hard-working individual, who has worked in several different areas within the Mass Communication/Business spectrum. I have almost two years of experience in bookkeeping and administrative work, two and a half years in Broadcast Journalism, six months marketing experience, and eight months of management experience. I pride myself on being a fast learner and worker. Some of my strongest qualities consist of being punctual, organized, ambitious, hard-working, and able to adapt to new environments easily.
Skills : Photoshop, InDesign, InCopy, Word.
- Responsible for finding all news, events, and press conferences within the five parish viewing range.
- Wrote all news stories, filmed footage for news packages, and edited footage with Avid Editing Software to produce a news package every day.
- Covered Hurricane Isaac with live stand-ups in my assigned areas as well as several severe floods.
- Had interviewed public officials such as Senator Norby Chabert, State Rep.
- Filmed a thirty-minute show on location twice a month.
- Covered live events such as parades, tableaus, severe weather, and press conferences.
- Developed and maintained professional relationships with the person of contact for several different organizations and companies.
Bachelor Of Arts In Communication
Business Reporter Resume
Summary : Self-starting, strategically thinking communications expert with extensive experience navigating the changing media landscape from a variety of perspectives, including as a reporter at an award-winning daily newspaper. An expert multi-tasker who thrives under deadline pressure and can explain complicated issues in simple and accurate language. Leadership strengths and skills are a strong asset for any organization seeking someone in tune with internal and external audiences.
Skills : Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, WordPress, QuarkXpress, Microsoft Word.
- Engaged in all aspects of newspaper reporting: researched stories, analyzed data, interviewed key individuals and wrote daily articles.
- Provided key reporting of local and national events published in The Herald-News and also printed in The Chicago Sun Times, various state newspapers and the Associated Press.
- Covered a variety of beats and delivered articles covering government issues and meetings, police news, current legal cases and community events.
- Attended government and municipal meetings, engaged in news conferences and organized and executed election coverage.
- Developed and maintained positive relationships with government officials and staffers, business owners, residents and confidential sources.
- Investigated and wrote about crisis and high-profile issues with tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
- Maintained the confidentiality of anonymous sources.
M.A. In Journalism
Freelance Reporter Resume
Headline : Strategic professional with strong technical, project management, networking, communication and planning skills. Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal skills; maintain calm in fast-pace, dynamic environments. Successful experience in reporting, producing, gathering/researching information, podcasting, interviewing, broadcasting, editing packages and operating equipment. Additional experience in marketing, event outreach, media relations, event production, sponsorship development, volunteer recruiting and community partnership formation & outreach.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Inews.
- Received assignment or evaluates news tips to develop newsworthy story ideas.
- Organized and verified factual information regarding story via research, interview or in-person observation.
- Developed news angle and writes stories aligning with the KOB brand.
- Produced and edited videos for news broadcasting.
- Arranged on-air interviews for television broadcast.
- Reported to land exclusive interviews with two shooting victims of the 2014 Berrendo Middle School shooting.
- Independently uncovered the story regarding a DWI charge involving a former New Mexico State Police Captain.
Bachelor Of Arts
Investigative Reporter Resume
Objective : Planning to pursue a career in the library field. I want a position where I can learn about the industry and work with people who are as passionate about books and easy access to information.
Skills : Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Microsoft Office, Social Media.
- Reviewed copy and correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
- Investigated breaking news developments, such as disasters, crimes and human-interest stories.
- Broke critical news stories including controversial topics and local emergencies.
- Networked with various industry leaders and experts to gather multiple perspectives on issues.
- Covered a critical subject area, competing with local and national outlets to provide readers the timeliest and most authoritative information.
- Produced high-impact digital projects by collaborating with other newsroom teams.
- Appeared as a guest on The Chronicles daily news podcast, Fifth & Mission.
Bachelor's In Communications
Assistant Reporter Resume
Objective : Service oriented assistant and/or server, with a 4-year background in the restaurant industry and small offices. Core competencies include reliability, friendliness, and professionalism as well as excellent communication and time management skills. Handles tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
Skills : Microsoft office suite, basic HTML and CSS, Adobe InDesign, Wordpress, social media, customer service, data entry.
- Reported news stories for publication or broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
- Arranged interviews with people who can provide information about a story.
- Reviewed and evaluated notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate pertinent facts and details.
- Determined a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organize material accordingly.
- Gathered information about events through research, interviews, experience, or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social, or other functions.
- Investigated breaking news developments, such as disasters, crimes, or human-interest stories.
- Received assignments or evaluate leads or tips to develop story ideas.
Bachelor Of Arts
Business Reporter Resume
Summary : Almost 30 years' experience working with newspapers in western Kentucky. I have served as a staff writer and editor with these papers, have done my own photography and have extensive experience with interviewing sources, researching topics and gathering news. My skills also include a proficiency with Microsoft Word and the ability to work well with the public in person, by phone and e-mail, and I have completed studies in marketing alongside journalism.
Skills : Writing, Interviewing, Photography.
- Traveled to the scene of news stories to gather and compile information and video/audio tape in the proper form for editing and broadcast.
- Met daily deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Shoted and edited videotape of news, sports, and special features.
- Adapted to quickly changing priorities and breaking news.
- Coordinated news coverage activities with producers, reporters, editors, photojournalists, and news management.
- Followed up previously reported stories for updates.
- Became expert user of Bloomberg functions in gathering data and information for news stories such as ranking of best-performing funds and a spotlight on the low valuation of publicly traded hospital operators.
Bachelor's In Communications
Summary : A current West Chester University student, majoring in English writings with a concentration in creative writing. My experience with writing includes technical writing, news writing, research essays and creative writing. A plethora of print editing and proofreading experience, and practice my editing skills daily to strive for excellence within my craft. Also a published short story and poetry writer.
Skills : Bloomberg Professional, Google Analytics.
- Wrote feature articles on investment trends, the economy and corporate executives in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Led coverage in reporting on breaking news such as the impact of capital controls on local financial markets.
- Wrote daily stories about stock markets in Thailand, the Philippines and other Asian nations.
- Covered corporate earnings reports, government economic statistics, currencies and bond markets.
- Reported on general news, terrorism and political events, including the impact on financial markets and economy following the Thai coup in and the change in Philippine presidential power.
- Articles that appeared in Bloomberg's monthly Markets magazine and globally in newspapers such as the International Herald Tribune attracted the attention of investment managers who managed large portfolios.
- Conducted interviews with fund managers, analysts and government officials for Bloomberg television broadcasts.