Courtroom Clerk Resume
Summary : To obtain a position in a progressive firm where education and experience will contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the team and accomplish the mission of the organization.
Skills : Perform Clerical Duties in Court of Law, Prepare Docket of Cases.
- Attended Criminal, Civil, Traffic, Probate, Small Claims, Unlawful Detainer, Grand Jury, Appellate, Mental Health and Juvenile proceeding/trials.
- Prepared minutes and dockets of court hearings.
- Executed court orders and rulings.
- Prepared and executed court calendars.
- Maintained and processed court documents, trial exhibits, bail bonds, and arrest/bench warrants.
- Examined case files and advised as needed.
- Conducted jury proceedings and administer oaths.
- Coordinated courtroom activities with others involved with courtroom operations, Legal counsel and law enforcement.
- Trained staff as required on courtroom operations.
Associate Courtroom Clerk Resume
Summary : Over 10 years' experience including secretarial and administrative support throughout the Judiciary, and personal corporate industries.
Performs complex work of considerable difficulty in recording, transcribing and processing court proceedings.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Secure Information forJudges
- Provided clerk duties for Civil, Criminal, Juvenile, and Paternity cases.
- Kept accurate records of witness names, addresses, and other pertinent information.
- Received, maintained, labeled and secured all exhibits and items entered into evidence.
- Administered appropriate oaths to jurors and witnesses.
- Assisted with jury selection.
- Assisted judges in smooth operation of the courtroom and acted as a liaison between them and the public.
- Prepared and issues commitments and formal releases.
- Prepared and issued subpoenas.
- Received the verdict and polled the jurors at the request of the counsel.
Lead Courtroom Clerk Resume
Summary : Highly qualified Courtroom Clerk with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and would excel in the collaborative environment on which company prides itself.
Skills : Typing, 10-Key Calculator, Perform Clerical Duties in the Court of Law
- Provided courtroom assistance on a regular basis.
- Assisted in the jury selection process; conducts roll call of all jurors, records number of strikes taken by each attorney, and maintains a list of all jurors selected.
- Communicated with Jury Commissioner as necessary.
- Administered appropriate oaths.
- Kept accurate records of witnesses' names and addresses, evidence, and other materials.
- Recorded proceedings of court activity in a clear, concise, and legible manner to be used for the permanent docket.
- Generated all necessary paperwork and secures necessary signatures on forms.
- Updated case files and record docket activity.
- Worked overtime as needed.
Bachelor Of Science In Criminal Justice
Courtroom Clerk/Coordinator Resume
Summary : Seeking employment in the field of clerical support. Serves as clerk to a Superior Court Judge in the preparation and execution of daily court calendars and/or pleadings before trial.
Skills : Microsoft Office Word Perfect/Word Excel Powerpoint Windows 98, XP Courtsmar.
- Prepared calendar for the master calendar department.
- Facilitated the jury selection process for Criminal murder trials.
- Maintained all minutes during hearings.
- Reviewed calendars and adding on hearings/continuances per counsel's requests and Judge's instructions.
- Communicated with attorneys regarding case status and preparing memos for the Judge's review.
- Built long-term relationships with other departments.
- Assisted in the development of the Quality Review Civil Courtroom Clerk training Modules for courtroom clerks.
- Applied job-related codes, policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and laws as required.
Courtroom Clerk III Resume
Summary : To prepare, signs certifies and approves orders and judgments of the court; processes motions prior to and after judgment; processes the issuance of orders and writs; may prepare bench warrants and other types of criminal warrants.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Law Enforcement, Management, Administrative Support.
- Produced legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills and contracts.
- Organized and maintained law libraries, documents and case files.
- Compiled statistical data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Coordinated and worked closely with law enforcement, social service agencies and mental health providers.
- Maintained organized offender records and documentation in compliance with department and legal standards.
- Described Case Information to the general public and accurately explained details.
- Assisted customers in person and via telephone.
BS In Criminal Justice
Courtroom Clerk II Resume
Summary : To advise managers of staffing needs or operational problems and recommends changes in policies and procedures. Provides input into selection decisions, performance evaluations, and disciplinary matters.
Skills : Legal Research, Legal Terminology, Typing, 10-Key.
- Made sure coverage was provided for the Courtroom and Clerk's office.
- Provided all necessary assistance including the Civil Division Rent Court and Housing Court, this included but not limited to calling the case on the docket and making necessary docket entries in a clear and concise manner prepared and distributed court documents after obtaining the necessary signatures.
- Maintained an accurate record of witness, evidence and other materials.
- Administered oaths and operated the Court Smart recording system.
- Communicated effectively, patiently and tactfully with customers and co-workers.
- Articulated directions, instructions, and information to jurors and the public defined problems and collected data.
- Reviewed comments and notations; recorded essential information, set priorities and simultaneously processed multiple duties and responsibilities.
Sr. Courtroom Clerk Resume
Summary : Professional background includes 6 years of experience as a legal support professional at the District Court. Vast experience in case management, quality control, and program development. Accurately process legal documents with the aptitude to interpret and convert legal complex writings. A skilled mediator and exemplifies the ability to evaluate alternatives and implement solutions.
Skills : Case Management, Microsoft Office Suite, LexisNexis, Court review.
- Facilitated the litigation of civil and criminal hearings; provide legal advice and technical administrative support to assigned Associate Judges.
- Explained case information to a variety of individuals including judges, law clerks, judicial administrative assistants, and litigants.
- Prepared and issued orders of the court, including writs, release documentation, sentencing information, judicial summonses, and bench warrants expeditiously.
- Prepared daily calendars, docket court proceedings and record case dispositions under daily deadlines with ease.
- Examined legal documents submitted to the court for adherence to laws and court procedures.
- Assembled cases, administer oaths to witnesses, impanel jurors, advise defendants of their rights and conditions of release and identify cases before the court.
- Trained and assisted new and current courtroom Clerks on courtroom procedures for criminal, civil law, small claims, and landlord and tenant courts.
Master's Of Science In Federal Program Management
Jr. Courtroom Clerk Resume
Objective : To maintain a judge's daily court calendar and inform appropriate individuals of changes, record assignment of cases and confer with attorneys to set hearing dates.
Skills : Maintain a judge's daily court calendar and inform appropriate individuals of changes, record assignment of cases and confer with attorneys to set hearing dates.
- Managed up to one hundred cases scheduled on a single day.
- Maintained and filed documents presented in court and forward to appropriate secondary agency, i.e.: jail, probation, electronic monitoring unit, and BMV.
- Administered oaths to litigants, interpreters, and jury before and after voir dire.
- Read all jury verdicts before the court after completion of the trial.
- Prepared docket for courtroom staff, including files for the prosecutor, judge's sheets and criminal history of defendants.
- Handled multiple tasks in an efficient and organized manner while the court was in session.
- Issued driving privileges, vehicle releases and any paperwork for the defendant.
B.A. In Paralegal Studies
Courtroom Clerk I Resume
Headline : To notify involved parties of various court matters by telephone, in person or by preparing correspondence; answer routine inquiries and correspondence regarding court matters such as court orders, hearing, and filing dates and the judge's decisions.
Skills : Team Building, Customer Service, Law Enforcement, Administrative Support.
- Attended court sessions, hearings, and trials; check electronic and manual recording systems; call cases, swear in witnesses and provide other assistance and support related to the operation of the courtroom.
- Provided paperwork to judicial officers, attorneys, litigants, and others as required; accept and file documents and exhibits submitted in court.
- Assisted in case scheduling and other related areas; issue court processes, notices, and other related court documents.
- Updated and maintained a variety of electronic and manual recording systems, statistical, financial and related records and files.
- Served as liaison between the court, judicial office, and others having business with the court; provide assistance and support to attorneys, litigants, witnesses, and others as authorized and/or instructed.
- Responsible for assisting in a variety of areas within the office of the Clerk of Superior Court; work front counter as needed and assist users of court services in person, by phone, by mail or email.
- Set up new case files and docket paperwork in the computer; scan required documents using a computer-based scanning program.
Associate Of Applied Science In Applied Science
Courtroom Clerk Resume
Headline : To organize and maintain varied general and departmental files; initiate new filing systems and purge outdated materials and required; maintain tickler files and independently follow up on matters as necessary.
Skills : MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Court review.
- Worked with 29 judges in the courtroom and on the record, creating and maintaining all court documents for civil, juvenile, probate, family law, LPS, small claims, UD and criminal hearings.
- Effectively informed the public of court procedures and processes in layman terms to benefit their understanding of the legal system.
- Met all project deadlines requested by the judicial staff.
- Researched and corrected sentencing discrepancies and judgments.
- Proofread legal documents prior to submitting for the judge's signature, filing, and mailing.
- Reviewed all incoming mail and written requests to the Judges' to determine urgency and submit as needed to proper authority or department.
- Served as the main liaison between the court and other agencies.
BS In Criminology