Director of Transportation Resume
Summary : Experienced logistics and transportation professional versed in all aspects of operations, sales, fleet management and customer service. Effectively able to decrease costs and improve efficiency through anomaly-based analytics.
Skills : Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Inventory Control, Risk Management.
- Led the transportation team as Interim Director through a realignment of operations for both fleet and third party, during a consolidation of three fulfillment centers.
- Managed the projects for all transportation activates including the closings and opening of fleet locations, and transition of volume to third party courier.
- Responsible for a staff of 2 manager, 7 supervisor, 50 driver and 8 third party vendors with a revenue of $137M and $5.9M budget.
- Standardized transportation processes throughout all 5 operations.
- Improved quality of operations through defined processes, measurable performance indicators, continual review and refinement.
- Completed on time and changes implemented with no impact to the service to the customer.
- Negotiated new rates and contracts with third party carriers resulting in a savings of $280,000 annually.
Sr. Director of Transportation Resume
Summary : Distribution professional with 15-years of experience in the Foodservice industry. Consistently exceeding organizational expectations through development of employees, collaborative leadership, and utilization of available technology.
Skills : Distribution and logistics management.
- Oversaw Transportation Department shipping $350 million in sales, 10 million cases and covering 2.5 million miles per year.
- Stabilized existing processes and procedures in an environment that has experienced instability for several years.
- Lead team of 6 supervisors and 2 dispatchers to establish a safety culture by engaging driver force with day to day operation.
- Directly responsible for a transportation budget of $12 million per fiscal year.
- Developed R/M program with outside service provider to insure DOT compliance /safe equipment and reduce R/M cost.
- Reduced Driver turn over by 50% by engaging drivers in weekly coaching sessions and implementing corrective action.
- Implemented a program to review Drive Cam events and coach drivers in proper vehicle operation.
B.S. In Business
Jr. Director of Transportation Resume
Objective : Extensive experience in TMS and WMS applications, seamless integration, operation startups and network optimization. Credibility and knowledge to lead diverse project teams to deliver significant cost improvements and customer-focused supply chains. Cross functional experience in Supply Chain and Warehouse operations management.
Skills : Administration, Education, Business.
- Oversaw the school bus, school vehicle, and other transportation systems for the entire school district.
- Lead, directed, and supervised the transportation staff, including bus drivers, mechanics, and clerical workers.
- Served as a liaison for administrators, parents, and other stakeholders as it pertains to transportation.
- Created and managed the budget for the transportation department that covers equipment, maintenance, vehicles, personnel, and school bonds.
- Hired and promoted personnel within the transportation department.
- Created a better communication system between the department and school administrators to promote a more ideal environment where all members are working together towards a common goal.
- Used Leadership, communication, and financial/budgeting skills.
Lead Director Of Transportation Resume
Summary : To obtain a position in management that will enable to combine strong background of logistical management, human resource, retail management, as well as education in business management, in an effort to advance in an environment that promotes personal and professional growth based on hard work.
Skills : Microsoft Office, CDL, Management, Customer Service Skills, Leadership Development.
- Revised existing budget to purchase new equipment for four out of five years.
- Wrote and received a grant for Diesel Oxidation Catalyst that improved company environmental quality standards.
- Created a 24 hour call response initiative that helped to change the perception of the department.
- Supervised dispatch operations for 119 school bus routes ran daily.
- Assisted with initialization of a new facility in City transportation department.
- Created an employee retention awareness program and incentive plan.
- Collaborated with the School Board Officials and Administrative departments to develop and implement an effective operating 7 million dollar budget.
- Created a monthly published mailing to update and improve employee and customer communication.
Director of Transportation III Resume
Summary : Having worked in transportation and public transit s a Director of Transportation, Dispatcher, Driver Trainer, and Bus Driver demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to safely operate buses and train others to be safe and punctual.
Skills : Management, Dispatch, Trainer, Supervisor.
- Coordinated all operations concerning the startup of the Transportation Department.
- Coordinated all ordering of supplies (office supplies, computers, training supplies, supplies for auto shop and etc.) required to operate transportation.
- Setup school bus and school bus monitor training program.
- Coordinated physicals and drug tests for employees of transportation department.
- Wrote an employee Handbook and developed it for all employees to read.
- Supervised and determined the proposal process of uniforms for all employees of transportation department.
- Determined which radio system should be unutilized for school bus transportation communications.
- Coordinated with school officials to ensure safe and efficient student transportation.
Director of Transportation II Resume
Objective : To be a valued team member in a growth - oriented company that promotes communication and strong, positive business ethics.
Skills : Experience in several different accounting software programs.
- Developed Logistics program that reduced the annual spend by over 50% adding over seven figures to the bottom line.
- Negotiated logistics contracts at all levels from small package to international shipping.
- Wrote and implemented Corporate Safety Program for National Distribution Company with 14 warehouses in 12 States.
- Coordinated and chaired the first Safety Council for the Corporation.
- Managed and audited all Corporate insurance policies.
- Assisted corporate purchasing implement warehouse management systems.
- Purchased and sold tractor trailers as needed, negotiated leases, etc.
- Purchased or leased warehouse equipment, forklifts, pallet rack systems, etc.
Director of Transportation I Resume
Headline : Maintain an upbeat approach to facilitate a positive client relationship. Ability to Upsell. Continually assess opportunities to offer clients valuable products and services. Assure that assigned projects are properly delegated and completed on schedule.
Skills : Transportation Manager, Logistics Supervisor.
- Managed a staff of 25 and ensured they followed transportation protocol.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of 30 vehicles, conducted regular vehicle inspection, and maintained records.
- Ensured that all bus routes were covered and scheduled at dispatched times.
- Responsible for camp closeout activities, verified data, and organized camp files.
- Trained new Transportation Director in the daily processes to prepare him for the summer.
- Conducted regular needs assessments to determine maintenance repair requirements and developed processes for resolutions to bus break downs.
- Triaged temporary solutions until busses were repaired.
BS In Marketing
Lead Director of Transportation Resume
Headline : Transportation specialist offering almost 20 years of progressive experience in transportation environments. A skilled communicator with the proven ability to work with and through others to produce positive results.
Skills : Logistics Supervisor, Logistics Manager.
- Supervised and provided guidance to the Managers of Transportation Operations and Fleet.
- Maintained a close working relationship with school administrators to ensure information exchange.
- Supervised all transportation staff & supervise the selection of qualified staff.
- Compiled statistics which serve as a basis for the transportation budget.
- Approved the purchase of all transportation supplies and parts.
- Provided for a continuous program of evaluation and adjustment of school bus stops and routes.
- Acted as liaison between the department, schools, parents and the community.
Associate Director of Transportation Resume
Summary : To obtain a position that will enable to use strong organizational skills, educational background, and ability to work well with people.
Skills : Logistics Supervisor, Logistics Analsyt.
- Developed and administered a Rural Public Transportation program to meet all the requirements of the daily program and extracurricular activities.
- Prepared and updated schedules for all drivers.
- Hired and supervised all transportation personnel.
- Submited transportation employee payroll time sheets on a semi-monthly basis.
- Maintained safety standards in conformance with state and insurance regulations and develops a program of preventive safety.
- Cooperated with local and state governments.
- Conformed to all state laws and regulations regarding Rural Public transportation.
Bachelor In Technology
Director of Transportation Resume
Objective : Over 35 years experience in all phases of office and back office support. Being detail oriented, gravitate to accounting as the challenge of reconciliations.
Skills : Excel, Microsoft Office.
- Established and directed transportation services.
- Provided information to Head of school on transportation needs and services.
- Maintained safety standards with state regulations.
- Recruited, trained and supervised all transportation personnel.
- Inspected all transportation services for efficiency.
- Oversaw vehicle preventative maintenance service to ensure safety.
- Submited all reports required by state officials and district.
- Authorized and approved payroll in Dayforce management.
B.A. In Social Sciences